• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I should be able to make it Saturday, it'll be my first smashboards event so I'm pretty hyped :D
I'll probably be taking the train in, but if anyone from the GC is driving up a lift would be awesome, I can repay you with gas money and lots of appreciation.

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
It's been years since I last played so it will be a while before I can play well, but for now at least I'm playing Falco and really enjoying it

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
I live in Southport at the moment but I'm moving pretty soon. I don't need a ride anymore though, it's all good.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Lads, I need to hold the next PW on the 11th of October, which means it would clash with Smash Brovaz. Is it at all possible to move the bi weekly back one week?

PW has card tournaments on the 18th, and this Saturday there are literally a billion Smash 4 release events being held.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Details for PW7 are up. I'll be playing the 3DS release all this long weekend nutting out the new ruleset. If you have something you feel needs to be considered after playing it yourself, please PM me on facebook, and I'll collate everything there.

If you don't have me on facebook, I'm the sole admin on the QLD events page, so follow the link in the OP and find me on there.

I'll be working on a 'leave as much in as possible' basis for the ruleset. I would rather have more and take away, then discuss at lengths what to add back in. The ruleset for this event will likely include almost all the stages (pending testing), no items, 3 stocks and a time limit dependant on how long it takes to set up matches on a hand held.

Happy Smashing

party

Smash Cadet
If it's not on the boards, it doesn't exist
Still waiting on the venue for final confirmation, just emailed them again today, waiting for that before I bless the boards with my tangy tourney

edit: just confirmed - finally responded. ill pop it up on here asap

Last edited:

Doon

Smash Rookie
sorry does the GC meet have a date yet or venue? also is PW easy to access by train , my car is in the shop..

EDIT: just read some posts above nvm! still need to know about PW tho.

Last edited:

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
also is PW easy to access by train , my car is in the shop..

EDIT: just read some posts above nvm! still need to know about PW tho.
According to Google Maps, the venue for PW is like 1.5 km from Loganlea station.
You can either walk (I'll probably skate since I'm not bringing much) or you can catch the 560 bus that goes around in circles for 10 mins before dropping you off around the corner from the venue.

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
Hey guys, I've got 2 CRT's I need to get rid of by the end of next week. If you're interested in taking them off my hands please PM me.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Starting to upload sets from SB1 to Queensland Smash's YouTube channel. I only have the footage from one of the recording setups, so grand finals and a bunch of other sets are still pending.

This will be the go to channel for anything related to competitive Smash in Queensland, so be sure to subscribe if weird Donkey Kong and Survivor references are your thing (also Melee and Smash 4).

Unfortunately we had no recording setups at SB2, but we will be looking to step up our game in the near future. Hopefully we'll be able to get @ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss 's new lushdank capture device working soon.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Hey guys, I've got 2 CRT's I need to get rid of by the end of next week. If you're interested in taking them off my hands please PM me.
How big and can you deliver them to my house? I can give some compensation for dropping one to mine if you'd like. I don't drive and I don't want to carry a CRT on public transport.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
That's alright, I live about a 10 minute drive further north from Jeremy. Feel free to put me as last priority though, I don't need a CRT that badly

JediLink

Smash Ace
I think the "Other QLD Melee players" list in the OP could do with some updating. Not that it really matters that much, though I suppose.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Give me a list of current players and I'll update. All it takes to notify me of changes is a simple PM.

Edit: I've also requested all of the changes you guys asked for on Facebook on the QLD Smash site, so they should be in effect now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom