• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord
Couple of announcements.

1. Next PW will likely be on the 6th of December. Seems like every man and his dog are running Smash events now, so finding free weekends is becoming increasingly tough.

2. I will be giving up control of this thread to whoever wants it, or whoever the moderators believe should have it in QLD. The way the Queensland Events Facebook Group is now, I don't need this platform to advertise them. I also manage multiple forums and pages in multiple other communities, so having one less to check will help me out in terms of time management. @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer please move rights of this thread to someone else you believe will look after it well. I would suggest @ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss / @ smopup smopup if they are happy to take it over.

3. If you need to contact me, most of you have me on Facebook, or can find me using the QLD Events page, so PM me on there in future.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
1. Bob's Smashboards account is 4 months your senior sykeypoo, and i can vouch he's attending tourneys longer :dkmelee:
2. I don't think the love muscle is quite experienced enough with QLD culture to be the head honcho

I'd say its's the Pupster, Lord Jameson Birds or Syke
it has to be one of them, thats it, no one else is worthy of leading the state of doyles

Splice

Smash Hero
Mic signed up on an account in 2002 and he's STILL using it

give him thread ownership imo

Remastered

Smash Lord
90% of the reason I kept control of the thread after BC left me as caretaker until his return, was to make sure that all versions of Smashbros were represented.

Now that the Facebook and QLD Smash pages have been established, there is no real need for me to represent other games here, other than to make sure newcomers don't hit the opening post and think Smash 4 doesn't exist in QLD.

The new controller of the thread needs to be able to support all games. Something I know Syke will be incapable of.

Plus, we've all recreated accounts. I originally signed up back in 2004.

Pupster or Russell. Still my choices. Jbirds won't want the OP and he isn't in the country.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Can we have a live debate, I think my vote will be going to Syke but I need to hear his stance on the boat people

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Russel and pupstr have zero intention in playing or organising anything outside of melee.

Plus neither have actually organised anything in the past..

I dont support all games tho, guess thats why BS only has melee right?

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
OMG people have second accounts?! how hasn't shaya banned them yet?

If only melee players use smashboards, the new overlord just needs to have links to the qldsmash website, facebook sites and the rest of them in the original post and if new people pop up, we direct them to the OP, seems pretty simple.
no one that uses the qld thread would blatenly stop new people from playing the new game, hell the new game can most likely help new people to play melee as well, everyone wins

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Charlie Chaplin

Remastered

Smash Lord
It's not about intention to play other versions of Smash, or intention to organise events. It's about a willingness to support the Smash community in QLD, which people often forget means 'all' smash games.

Leaving it upto the moderators from here on out. I completely understand any moderator's concerns in having you in control of the thread Syke.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Lets go MewTwoKid

I don't care what the politicians think, float people deserve more respect
Having our leaders put armed forces around our tourneys to stop the floats is disgraceful

Whoever agrees with my opinion gets my vote

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Next Play Warehouse is on the 6th of December, signups are at 10. Smash Wii U and Melee. $10 venue fee and $5 entry into singles for each game; doubles is free. Facebook link

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I hope there is more meets/tourneys in between now and that weekend, everyone needs more opportunities to get there ***** out.

Plus i fly out the Thursday after play warehouse for summer holidays and won't be back until January/February
so Doyles need to play
But don't fret kids, I will return for buttonsmash and for The Lord of the Kongs: Return of the King :dkmelee:

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Posted on FB but may as well post here as well:
So I've got this big guy and I don't really need it, and it's too heavy for me to keep moving around. Anyone want it? Pickup would be from Gold Coast, or if you message me before Tuesday you could pick it up from just outside Ipswich where it's being stored atm.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Heads up to anyone interested. The next Gold Coast Smashgrounds looks like it may be happening on the 23rd 30th of November.

Last edited:

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Someone is already taking it from the FB post. The TV should be at the UQ event, I'm not even sure what condition it's in.

Also I'm not sure I can handle 2 full days of smash while I'm this busy

Top Bottom