• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

J-Birds

Smash Lord
what day is melee
ntsc only prz
are people actually coming to this? rob ryan ben???????????

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Melee is on the Sunday and I'm attending, got more Melee tech down.

All the information is on the first post.

Again, any Melee players keen to house me on Saturday night????

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
How many of the regular Brawl crew will be attending? If most of you are there I'll make the trip for sure but if it's going to only be a really small number I'll probably have to think about it.

Also AD3PT, I think Aero is something like 50-50 at the moment about attending so if he can't come, will you house me?~ I'll be your best friend for everest and tell you ALL about my dfg Zed. Ez op I SWEAR.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
1: Jesmo (MK)
2: Archaze (Luigi)
3: Kaion (MK, IC's, Toon Link)
4: Blade (Captain Falcon, Kirby? MK?)
5: BC (Lucario)
7: Zydro (MK)
7: Smoking Puppy (MK)
9: JRD (Pikachu?)
9: Aerodrome (Zelda, Wolf)

Don't quote me on this but IIRC the results were something to this effect. Maybe JRD was 7'th because of bye's and Puppy was 5'th. Not sure exactly.

Fun tournament, guys. Not many people there but it was good fun nevertheless. You need to all stop using MK, though. If you can't beat Luigi with MK you need to not use him. I miss your Ike's, Samus's and Kirby's.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I have to agree with Jesmo. The fact that I played Luigi in every game on Saturday and I came up against 4 MK's at this tournament and only lost to Jesmo's shows that you guys need a lot more work on the fundamentals. Pocket MK's will only help you against people who don't understand the basics.

In my opinion, and Jesmo back me up here, there is absolutely no reason why Luigi should win the MK MU. It is simply that easy for MK.

Every MK I versed that wasn't Jesmo's got Up B'd after a drill rush into my shield. Please stop :(

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I honestly agree. Y'all would have a better chance with your mains. Pocket MK's only counter other pocket champ- err, characters. There is just so much room for error in that match-up, it's disgusting. As long as you don't sit inside him or do stupid sh** like use drill-rush EVER or land next to him with a Dair or something, you can pretty much do whatever you want, as long as you space correctly.

I don't mind people playing MK at all. Why would I? He's basically all I play. it's just annoying when people play him without even understanding why he's good. If you don't have correct understanding of him, like any character, he isn't better than anyone else in the long run. Anyone who wants to improve, go watch Vinnie v Nairo MK dittos from like, 2-3 months ago.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Luigi can't approach MK safely at all. He doesn't have disjoint, so there is no real threat of being out spaced or shield poked. His hit bubbles extend his hurt boxes, so it's actually unsafe to throw out moves that aren't perfectly spaced. He can't beat tornado unless you perfectly space a fast-fall Bair in the top centre of the animation. He will however rack up 60%+ dmg if you do anything stupid, which funnily enough, MK can do if you mess up even 1 attack/poke as Luigi.

Once Luigi is off stage, he can only recover high, otherwise gimps are imminent. Try baiting the air dodge, because Luigi doesn't out prioritise MK in the air either. It really is a disgusting MU to play, and the reason I stopped maining him 2 years ago. Easily 70/30 if not worse. I had a much harder time playing against people's mains then I did against MK's on Saturday.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Mhm, once he's offstage 90% of the time he should take at least 60% or worse. Get underneath him and just fall as you spam Uair. Virtually nothing in the game beats it and Luigi is no exception. He will eventually have to Airdodge, after that he'll eat a Uair or Nair or even Shuttle Loop. Dtilt is also insanely safe v Luigi and if you land a grab just down throw him and start Fair'ing him. He can't do anything.

Doing things like rolling into him and d-smashing, using all 3 ftilts on shield, fastfalling a shielded aerial right next to him, or not DI'ing his jab are all things not to do.

A good piece of advice that isn't just for MK but is particularly effective for him is Fast-fall everything. Like, seriously, if you are in the air you should FF as almost any character like 95% of the time. It speeds up your gameplay immensely. Seriously, just do it. It allows you to cover like, 100 more options.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
lol kaion pls... luigi really
like when i played mk i didnt actually learn to play him and his tricks, all i did was space tilts and dair, if all you rands picking him cant even do that its not your character choice that is the problem its your general skill

Remastered

Smash Lord
I remember knocking Jaice out of a tourney about 2-3 years ago, to go on and play j-birds in losers finals as Luigi. This was just after J-birds first picked up MK instead of playing Snake. I got 2 stocked twice. The match-up is that easy that it really is just fundamentals. (Admittedly I was worse back then, but still).

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
1: Jesmo (:metaknight: )
2: Archaze (:luigi2: )
3: Kaion (:metaknight:,:popo: , :toonlink: , :wario: )
4: Blade (:kirby2:,:falcon:, :metaknight:)
5: BC (:lucario: ,:yoshi2:- Proud of me Nikes? <3 )
5: Smoking Puppy (:metaknight: )
7: Zydro (:metaknight: )
8: JRD (:pikachu2:, :metaknight: )
9: Aerodrome (:zelda: , :wolf: ).

Pick your **** up Aero, JRD out placed you.

Top Bottom