• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

smopup

Smash Journeyman
His argument is that you can only beat him when he sandbags and none of the rest of us know he is sandbagging and we all think you are actually legitimately beating him.
Naw because he clearly sandbagged at the last event and everyone called him out for it. He also made a point of being a complete ****lord after getting 4 stocked by saying really cool comments like "Maybe I'll try if you get good" and "Wow Gerd you're so good, how come you win these tournaments but nothing else?"

It's really frustrating because I would love to perform well interstate, but the only person in Brisbane who can really help me improve is content with being an asshole. I think a lot of us are getting sick of it, and is creating bad vibes all round. Not the best atmosphere in Qld Melee at the moment, I hope it doesn't scare away new players.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Zac, EVERYONE is sick of your **** dude, please stop. We don't want new players seeing grand finals like that. Your ego is actually hurting the scene at this point.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Spends hours playing friendlies/hosting meets/tournaments/uploading videos/writing notes.

Forced into a set he doesn't want to play because the tournament was over and Qld are salty douchelords.

Yup, I'm the bad guy.

I should be a kewl kid and tell people how **** I am all day and ***** and moan and then make them feel extra good when I beat them with kirby and boast about it.

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
I thought maybe the AU scene was different, but nah it's EXACTLYYYY like America. When you guys get compared to the American scene and it's not in terms of skill, you have to step back and reevaluate your situation.

Every scene is toxic in every game is what I try to tell myself, so I definitely shouldn't be surprised. When you guys do work at EVO/APEX then you can talk all the trash as a nation you want, right? Whoever is the considered the best in country would definitely be interesting to see at an American national tourney. =p

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Russ would vouch that I've tried to help him a ****load and that kirby **** was just messing around.

Like you've never played low tiers and then laughed at people for losing to it

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
I'm saying the American scene can be toxic, and I'm comparing this thread's toxicity to the American scene. This thread is becoming sooo cancery. How will you guys grow your scene if you're trolll0rdz and arguing about stupid nonsense? Build hype and send a player to evo/apex... you think new players to the scene want to read half the trash being posted here?

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
at least we're not at the point where our randoms actively seek out negativity in local threads of far away countries and then spurt unqualified advice without any knowledge of what's actually going on, to make them (and their scene) feel better about themselves

way to represent your country, idiot

up for a $100 MM at Apex btw, melee or PM

Last edited:

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
MM me Smash 4 kid, you'll get wrecked so hard. I'm not afraid of your little island country. My forum account is older than half these kids.

is that proper etiquette for this thread or is that too far?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'm saying the American scene can be toxic, and I'm comparing this thread's toxicity to the American scene. This thread is becoming sooo cancery. How will you guys grow your scene if you're trolll0rdz and arguing about stupid nonsense? Build hype and send a player to evo/apex... you think new players to the scene want to read half the trash being posted here?
I'm not from australia but i learned to speak it when living in brisbane from my boss when i was picking bananas and i just wanted to say that thanks for reading

Last edited:

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
in all seriousness, I know it hurts when someone who isn't involved with a scene comes in and points out a thing or two that can be done better, especially when it's like "who the hell does this guy think he is?!' and I TOTALLY get that because I do NOT belong here in any way shape or form.

I just think that generally speaking, you have to maintain a super friendly atmosphere to bring in the newcomers for Smash, and with Smash 4 fresh out, you better believe there will be newcomers, right? Well good chat, also I'm honestly down for that MM with any Aussies in Smash 4, but probably not 100 per game, maybe 20s.

-reddit gold user, atheist, c stick user, fedora tipper

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
I just think that generally speaking, you have to maintain a super friendly atmosphere to bring in the newcomers for Smash
cultural differences
over here smash is still friends playing video games together
it's not a business

also pls play the real thing if u wanna fite us. the message here is that australians are about sincerity ok.

Splice

Smash Hero
I just think that generally speaking, you have to maintain a super friendly atmosphere to bring in the newcomers for Smash, and with Smash 4 fresh out, you better believe there will be newcomers, right?
Thanks for the insight dude, not a single one of us knew that at all, this information is incredible.
Thanks for showering our little island country with this wisdom that is completely unrelated to the previous discussion whilst insulting us all in the process

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
Yo, why is your country so sour? Your thread is so sour, it's intense as ever. Why is this becoming sourfest all of a sudden? I come here to grace you guys with my American presence and this is what I get?!

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Yo, why is your country so sour? Your thread is so sour, it's intense as ever. Why is this becoming sourfest all of a sudden? I come here to grace you guys with my American presence and this is what I get?!
Damn dude these dank memes have got my jimmies rustling.

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
mate our country isnt sour its lemon lime bitters & a pepsi-huffing yank just can't appreciate the taste

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anyone know how to wavedash im kinda new to this game, I heard harry ponting plays it.

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
ok well I'll take this time to promote my stream, if anyone wants to come on and get dank tomorrow at 4 PM EST United States of American Jesus Loving time, you can come and hang out and we can play on 300 ping. I'm being completely sincere, you guys are cool guys, you get it. Just be nice to new people, yeah? Some new players are gonna see this and be like discouraged because they don't have context (in the same way I was)

We'll get some games in and just generally have fun, and I have my pocket Australian that can play you guys too. <removed link> see ya m9s, enjoy the melee~ I'm a scrub at anything that isn't Smash 4 or Battlefield 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I love the fact that Maj0ra's **** stirring has turned this small disagreement into banding the scene together against him,
cheers cheesesteak

Splice

Smash Hero
I love the fact that Maj0ra's **** stirring has turned this small disagreement into banding the scene together against him,
cheers cheesesteak
Syke's johns have made it out of this skirmish unscathed

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
He's the hero Smashboards deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. An American knight.

Top Bottom