• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
@ Maj0ra Maj0ra , go away.

Also I removed the link to your stream, don't advertise that here, we don't want it.
I've found this happen time and time again in communities that don't "like" someone. What have I done to anyone that hasn't been done to me? I'm just going with it...you don't gotta put on the big mod pants. Link removal is fine, but telling me to go away is offensive and I'm outraged since you're in a position of power.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm telling you to go away because:

1) You're upsetting the people here with your trashtalk
2) You're from PHILADELPHIA
3) You've completely derailed this topic, let our scene work out their problems themselves

Good-bye now.

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
I'm telling you to go away because:

1) You're upsetting the people here with your trashtalk
2) You're from PHILADELPHIA

Good-bye now.
1. What trash talk have I said that hasn't been said to me? So because I'm the outsider I'm not allowed to trash talk back? There's so much trash talk in general, that's why I even posted to begin with...
2. There's no sort of restriction on posting in any sort of region...

you don't find this entire thing MILDLY hypocritical in a way? I'll stop posting if needed, but I don't really see why I'm forced to leave...

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
He's the hero Smashboards deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. An American knight.
Perhaps you should try out this silence thing more often.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
1. What trash talk have I said that hasn't been said to me? So because I'm the outsider I'm not allowed to trash talk back? There's so much trash talk in general, that's why I even posted to begin with...
2. There's no sort of restriction on posting in any sort of region...

you don't find this entire thing MILDLY hypocritical in a way? I'll stop posting if needed, but I don't really see why I'm forced to leave...
dunno, I'm tired, I have to go to work in 4 hours

I don't

have time for this

I don't have time to explain the, like, 7 different rules you managed to break in 4 posts

so yeah, please stop or inc infractions

edit: nevermind, you did it

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hmm, ok well that was eventful

proceed with your regular scheduled programming

aka UQ smash or random qld melee discussions

umm

I'll be there I guess

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
Where do I get off? I came in here all willy nilly breaking rules left and right. I saw dem rules was all like

RULES

Some say it's just my American cowboy spirit that can be hard to bottle and tame, so sometimes it just overflows...

welp, ok I know I've said I'd leave a few times but this is really farewell. You said some things, I said some things. We're all better for this experience. I enjoyed this exchange, not going to lie. It was really fun and hopefully I won a heart or two. BYEEE! Be sure to become my friend! :D

Last edited:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Where do I get off? I came in here all willy nilly breaking rules left and right. I saw dem rules was all like
RULES

Some say it's just my American cowboy spirit that can be hard to bottle and tame, so sometimes it just overflows...

welp, ok I know I've said I'd leave a few times but this is really farewell. You said some things, I said some things. We're all better for this experience. I enjoyed this exchange, not going to lie. It was really fun and hopefully I won a heart or two. BYEEE! Be sure to become my friend! :D
This post makes me think of the teletubbies.

All ****ed up and ****.

HamishIsMyName

Smash Rookie
Are there any tournaments on the GC that are happening within the next 6 months or so? I want to go to my first tournament but don't want to make the trek from Murwillumbah to Brisbane to just go to one.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Are there any tournaments on the GC that are happening within the next 6 months or so? I want to go to my first tournament but don't want to make the trek from Murwillumbah to Brisbane to just go to one.
Gold Coast Smash Grounds is the one, which is organised by @party. Last one didn't have such a high turnout though so I don't know if another one is happening.

HamishIsMyName

Smash Rookie
Hope there's another one, would like to just get a first tournament experience without having the hassle of getting myself to Brisbane lol.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Turnout was fine, they think one of the smash players hurt the little frog that lives in the bathroom though so they won't rent it to smashers anymore. None of us hurt the frog, really lame situation

@ HamishIsMyName HamishIsMyName , you should try and make it to the UQ tourny this saturday. Should be really good, 45 confirmed on the facebook page. Seek me out and I'll play some games with you. You might be able to get transportation with one of the GC boys

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Hope there's another one, would like to just get a first tournament experience without having the hassle of getting myself to Brisbane lol.
AFAIK There is a Gold Coast Smash page you could join and if any of them are driving up to any Brisbane events they might be able to give you a lift up if there aren't any GC tournaments soon.

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Yeah from Murwillumbah it would be a fair bit to travel, for most of us in the GC it's just a train ride up. We used to have smash sessions pretty regularly in the GC but since Bizz stopped playing not so much :/

I should be heading to UQ this weekend, so I agree with Phrase that you should head up if possible. Once I get back into the game more I will probably have some sessions at my place.

Edit: If you PM me your name I can invite you to the Facebook group.

Last edited:

HamishIsMyName

Smash Rookie
Was hoping to get to the tourney this Saturday even with troubles of getting to Brissy but can't now as I'm too busy :/

But thanks guys for the info, will hope to get to a tournament this year.

And Wizzow I'll send you a PM now :)

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Awwwwww man! No more GC tourneys, that venue was the ****
I don't know what happened but this statement summarises my feelings

Whoever ruined that venue is a massive D*** Waffle!

Ok that's done, oh and I return on the 28th, so yeah more info I dish out that you don't give a **** about :dkmelee:

HamishIsMyName

Smash Rookie
Can't head up to UQ Smash 4 but I'm almost certain I'll be at UQ Smash 5 on Feb 21 so that's good news for me at least.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Well guys, we might be starting stuff at Griffith Uni Gold Coast. I mean, I haven't investigated it at all yet, but I probably maybe will at some point. And then we can do Griffith vs UQ crew battles and it'll be totally sweet.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
From my knowledge, Griffith dudes include lord birds, Tranq, sieg, Jedi and myself
As for UQ dudes, isn't that practically everyone else in scene these days?

I'd prefer Brisbane vs Gold and Sunny Coasts, then you have Cal, Rob, Tristan and Radiance with the Jimbo hype train vs the rest

Top Bottom