• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
So there is 2 meets Saturday night is there, Bob's and JBM3, whatever that is, bob and I will be out until about 8pm and was planning on having a 8:30 9pm start, but if there is more interest in the other one, we could possibly go to it, provided parking is a definite and it's still on at past 9pm, but I'll get bob to confirm that in case he's got other ideas, but if people want something here, it's here

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Oh my bad, mytus' post does say today, well we are having something Saturday night if people are interested, BBQ and all that, byob (bring your own burgers/bangers/beers/bowsers/*******/balls and birds)

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
11am sounds fine.

Cal's coming over Friday arvo, he would like a warm up for the tourney, I'll confirm with Cal when he'll arrive here, so yeah something late Friday arvo/night, if enough people are confirmed on coming, I'll chuck on a free BBQ, so let me know if you interested.

Cheers

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Singles:
1: Syke
2: Smoking Puppy
3: J-Birds
4: Cal
5: Tristan
5: Sloth
7: Radiance
7: Phrase
9: Mytus
9: Tranq
9: Dino
9: Toki
13: Jackson
13: Jimbo
13: Arrow
13: Chris (left)
17: DJ Cat
17: Tom
17: GTR (left)
17: G$
25: Shamus
25: Blue

Doubles:
1: Tristan and Radiance
2: Syke and GTR
3: Jbirds and Woodley
4: Cal and Sloth
5: Blue and SmokingPuppy
5: G$ and Mytus
7: Tom and Shamus
7: DJ Cat and Arrow
9: Jackson and Chris
9: Jim and Toki

Crews:
Blue Crew
Blue
Syke
Sloth
Cal
Radiance
Shamus
Mytus
Jackson

G$ Club
G$
Smoking Puppy
J Birds
Tristan
Tranq
Nick
Sieg
Tom

G$ Club wins by 2 stock
Notables:
Sloth - 10 stock
Syke - 9 stock
J Birds - 6 stock with D.K

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
Chris was there!? Amaterasu Chris? He told me he was moving back to Melbourne.
Wasn't that Chris. Not sure who it was - we were looking for him for Radiances match in singles and was told he left.

I had fun at the tournament - didn't play that amazing as I re-watched my crew match compared to play warehouse match.
I hope all the new people enjoyed crews and we didn't scare off anyone!

Considering the time and we still got 8v8 after quite a few people left, I wonder what size we could get too.

Only issues with the tournament is can people stop going randomly to lunch when something is on. Doubles took longer because people left to eat after they played a few matches. I know there is no prize money and we weren't really enforcing too much or a time a schedule but I think next time we need to DQ players if they don't show up for their match in the future.

Mini Shoutouts:
Thanks for Zak for being TO and being too good.
Glad we got some games in Spup - even though they weren't serious Fox dittos it is was enjoyable.
JBirds - us playing early on in a tournament seems the thing now. Always close games. I enjoy playing them win or lose !
Cal - Not sure what happened to us in teams.. but you did knock me out of singles. Not even salty about it. much.
Trist - We only played a small match in crews. Need to try to get some games in next time - Re match of 07/08 Samus ditto!
Rad - I watched you in teams and you were playing much better! Will be interesting seeing how far you go next tournament.
Everyone else - I hate typing shoutouts. So you're all awesome and I look forward to seeing everyone again when I go to my next tournament.

I'll be bring back my Falco next time. Fox has seemed like a semi-failed experiment but I'll leave him to counter Peaches/Falco/Jbirds :p
Time to move me down in the PR!

One more thing to add to this block of text. I know Spup / Zak try to help run the tournament but Zak is often roped in to being TO. I was wondering if anyone really wants to put their hand up and be the main TO of QLD? I don't know if Zak wants to keep being pushed to run tournaments with people like me annoying him questions and suggestions!

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Here are a couple of pictures from LanSmash for those who couldn't make it and don't have Facebook!

EDIT: Oh, also here's a picture of me I took after discovering I'm still not in the power rankings list.

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
Here are a couple of pictures from LanSmash for those who couldn't make it and don't have Facebook!

EDIT: Oh, also here's a picture of me I took after discovering I'm still not in the power rankings list.

We should practise hard on netplay, my Yoshi was so bad yesterday.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Only issues with the tournament is can people stop going randomly to lunch when something is on. Doubles took longer because people left to eat after they played a few matches. I know there is no prize money and we weren't really enforcing too much or a time a schedule but I think next time we need to DQ players if they don't show up for their match in the future.

One more thing to add to this block of text. I know Spup / Zak try to help run the tournament but Zak is often roped in to being TO. I was wondering if anyone really wants to put their hand up and be the main TO of QLD? I don't know if Zak wants to keep being pushed to run tournaments with people like me annoying him questions and suggestions!
^ this.. well sort of

People that left should know better as they have been in/around the scene for many years and should know not to leave for over half an hour mid bracket >_> I dq'd 1 team and was about to dq another.

With the TO thing I really don't mind running things on the day but I'm not going to be organizing venues etc at this stage and probs not in the future, those days are a bit passed me. Someone just needs to have the confidence to make the calls on the day and not having to check every tiny thing with me.

Another consistent placing and you will be.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Ha 9th, hilarious.

I hope we can do a Swiss tourney sometime, really get everyone placed where they should be.
I do apologise for been late due to my exam but seems doubles we're still going anyway.
And sorry bob and I racked off before crew battles, definitely try make the next one.

It's so old school qld smash right now, all we need now is Kong, Kas and Ryan to come back and i'll be as wet as the weather in brisbane right now.

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Next tourney I'd like to keep doubles to a Bo3 for the whole bracket and have all singles sets a Bo5. Doubles has just turned into a filler event and warming up exercise for singles where everyone just plays friendlies until they are called for a doubles match. Then they go back to friendlies. We should replace it with crews.

Seeing as we'd only manage 4-5 crews it would take about the same time as doubles anyway. Can probably sort some crews out at this stage as well, we have at least enough regulars for 4x4 man crews atm and can sort anymore out on the day.

Last edited:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Results up soon for Brawl on Sunday.

Dates for the next Play Warehouse are confirmed. Sadly they clash with BAM6, but this can't be helped. In order to keep our spot once a month in the venue, we have to keep holding events, and the 10th is the only Saturday available to do this on.

Double Post. If we don't make numbers because of BAM6 (everyone who can go to BAM, please go to BAM) I will cover the venue cost upto the minimum, just so we can keep the event running.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Bam6, yeah I can't afford that so play warehouse for me

If people are interested, we might have a meet over the very long weekend/the next one too but we would be in if others want to host meet and if any uni students are up for a meet next week, all options are good for Bob and I.

Here's a theory created and refined by Bob, Cal and myself at a Macca's at 4am on Sunday after been up for 20+ hours
"To be a successful melee player in Australia, you can't be overweight"
Past or present, Think about it......

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Well True, of course their are some who could lose some weight (myself included) I more meant that are more naturally skinny.
But in saying that, I gotta say, the Australian smash scene is majority skinny guys even though Australia is one of the most obese countries in the world, then again, it's just a theory made up by very tired smashers eating Macca's

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, with your Bo5 for singles idea, is that all matches or should it be saved for the business end of the brackets, like winners quarters onwards and roughly losers round 4 or will it just be circumstantial to time restraints?

Krayon

Smash Rookie
Brawl results

1st Jezmo (+9/-1) {+19/-2} [Metaknight / Random / Yoshi / Pit]
1st Archaze (+9/-1) {+18/-2} [Fox / Falco / Ice Climbers / King Dedede / Donkey Kong / Snake / Ike / Ness / Wario / Luigi / Pikmin & Olimar / Metaknight / Wolf / Diddy Kong]
3rd ****ashi (+8/-2) {+16/-7} [Samus / Pikmin & Olimar / Wario / Ice Climbers / Metaknight]
4th Toki (+7/-3) {+15/-8} [Random / Luigi]
5th Kurogane (+6/-4) {+14/-13} [Peach / Marth / Zelda / Mario / Zero Suit Samus / Pikmin & Olimar / Random / Mr. Game and Watch / Falco / ROB / Wolf / Sheik / Fox / Metaknight / Pikachu / Ganondorf / Sonic / Pokémon Trainer / King Dedede / Samus / Luigi / Snake / Bowser / Wario]
6th Sam (+4/-6) {+10/-14} [Yoshi / Pikmin & Olimar / Ganondorf / Pikachu / Zelda]
6th Jason (+4/-6) {+12/-13} [Ike / Lucario]
8th Blade (+3/-7) {+7/-14} [Kirby]
8th James (+3/-7) {+8/-16} [Diddy Kong / Pit / Ike / Zelda]
10th Voratat (+2/-8) {+6/-17} [Zelda / Toon Link / Pikachu]
11th Glint (Peter) (+0/-10) {+1/-20} [Metaknight / Sheik]

Dino63

Smash Journeyman

Jesus-Birds (The King of The Mew Twos)
He gave his stock for our sins (like using shiek and playing brawl)

So once a year on Good Friday, we come together and play melee in his honour and be Massive Wizards.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Awesome Brawl tourney on Sunday. Was a lot of fun, particularly the Round Robin format and Crews. I enjoyed picking up melee and playing in the 1 tourney I did. But Brawl is the game for me. I enjoy it so much more than melee.

Was good to meet all the new guys who came along. Thanks for jumping on the Play Warehouse group. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Definitely some potential to do well if you keep at it ;)

Remastered

Smash Lord
Just updated the first post to say 'see second post' for melee info for 2 reasons.

1. I didn't realise it was ok for one person to decide on an official PR, particularly when the previous event results don't reflect PR positions of the players very well.

2. No one told me information needed to be changed or updated, so let me know when it does either via PM or on facebook, and I'll happily change it as soon as I can get to a PC.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Remastered Remastered

Just put the melee stuff in the first post, he said it was discussed with the relevant people, and if any of the Melee players don't agree then they are free to make themselves known.

Top Bottom