• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord
No worries. Happy to change it providing people let me know what's changed (ie rulesets, legitimate PR lists, etc). These things don't often change, so if there was an adjustment made, I need to be informed. Happy to work together on this for the good of the QLD scene.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
S Tier:
1. Syke: :marthmelee::sheikmelee:

A Tier:
2. Smoking Puppy: :foxmelee: :falconmelee:

B Tier:
3. J Birds: :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
4. Sloth: :foxmelee:
5. Haikal: :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
6. AussieRob: :falconmelee:

C Tier:
7. Tristan: :samusmelee:
8. Radiance: :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
9. Phrase: :marthmelee:
10. Tranq: :yoshimelee:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Was a tough decision but but Gerard gets his own tier atm cause of consistently beating everyone except me. Haikals only been to the 2 tourneys, the first he came 2nd to me after beating a questionable Gerard 3-2 in losers finals. The 2nd was when myself and bryce both had to leave the tourney and he came 2nd again losing 3-1 to Gerard in grand finals.

We try not to base rankings purely on tourney results as there are too many random factors that affect performance on any given day and you only get 5 games at most to judge people in matchups which is pretty unfair. I watch people at meets and see how they go over a long set of friendlies. That's why at meets I jump on a tv and just play marth for 2 hours straight to gauge where everyone is at and how they adapt and play against certain play styles.

After playing about 40 matches straight with haikal using various characters and he is definitely not on a different level to the rest of you or even on Gerards level currently. However the gap is closing.

Also remember that rankings can change at any moment :p

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Well written, nice informative post with good grammar from Zac?

I expected dekar to get laid before that happened but well looks like you grew up first.

Good to see new rankings

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Oh sheeeeeit, BAM just got way more interesting. Sam/Zac please make sure every match you guys play together is recorded. And no sandbagging pls. I don't want to see sub optimal play - frame perfect all day baby.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I just want to see you bop that scrubby Marth so I can take notes. Alternatively, seeing you get bopped will make me feel better about getting junked on at every tourney.

On a completely different note, here's a montage from the last meet at my place:

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Is JBM4 Saturday night because that works out perfectly for Bob and I to come to, give us the time frame for tomorrow and the address, pleases and thanks yous kind sir

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Is JBM4 Saturday night because that works out perfectly for Bob and I to come to, give us the time frame for tomorrow and the address, pleases and thanks yous kind sir
Sent you a PM, but it's on from like 5 PM until at least midnight, possibly later I think.

I assume JBM stands for Jackson's Balcony Meet?
Correct!

EDIT: Also, I think there's a $5 entry fee for the mini tournament.

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
5 dorra round robin tourney results:

1: Syke 13-0 - $45
2: SmokinPuppy 12-1 - $15
3: Tranq 10-2 - $5
4: Mytus10-3
5: Bob 9-4
6: Dino 8-5
7: Blue 6-7
8: Nonco 5-8
9: LordOxMoose 4-9
10: Flux 4-9
11: Party 4-9
12: Jimbo 3-10
13: SiLverlight 1-12
14: Risenn 1-12

new salt levels achieved.

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
So about P:M, seems like there's enough people interested and who can bring setups, so its gonna come down to actually running it at meets/tourneys. I'm willing to run it but considering we always seem to be behind schedule with just melee anyway we'd either need to make melee run much quicker, drop doubles or just have a dedicated P:M meet.

Thoughts?

Remastered

Smash Lord
I could run PM downstairs with brawl at Play Warehouse and have the bracket on the laptop with brawl. You guys will need to be diligent in keeping an eye on both melee and PM brackets. If PM intrudes on Melee or Brawl scheduling, and we can't get through it in the allotted time, it won't be held in future. Particularly when the new game is released.

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I could run PM downstairs with brawl at Play Warehouse and have the bracket on the laptop with brawl. You guys will need to be diligent in keeping an eye on both melee and PM brackets. If PM intrudes on Melee or Brawl scheduling, and we can't get through it in the allotted time, it won't be held in future. Particularly when the new game is released.
Provided we keep things moving there's no reason we shouldn't be able to run everything at the same time. Although there should probably be a limit of 2 games per person, cos last time I was waiting on brawl players for melee and that alone was taking a while. Also if you want I'll run P:M and have the bracket on my laptop, might make it a bit easier.

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
6th at a tourney, lost to who I should lose to, but very close matches with Bob and Tranq, still good fun

Project M won't work at play warehouse, like maybe at the next playwarehouse but only if an arseload of melee players go to bam, it would still affect the brackets unless someone runs them strictly and keeps people in order and make tough calls if brackets are been held up, like with play warehouse 2 with Cal playing his brawl matches but holding up 2-3 rounds in melee.
It would totally work at LAN smash provided it's held on the brawl day
And no, cutting doubles or crews is out of the question to make room for project m, but crews can be run after the tourney at Bob's place if need be with BBQ to keep the kids happy.

Now after all that, the serious business........
The Greasers will smash the crews up at the next tourney, the fat gang is growing
Potential 4 man G$ Crew Vs Blue Crew Vs Greasers
Think about it........

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
And no, cutting doubles or crews is out of the question to make room for project m, but crews can be run after the tourney at Bob's place if need be with BBQ to keep the kids happy...
I agree that cutting Melee doubles or crews out for Project M is bad.

Provided we keep things moving there's no reason we shouldn't be able to run everything at the same time.
I don't see why not either, we just need to gently remind people to focus on getting through their actual matches instead of having constant friendlies, that's why you get there earlier.

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'd like to form an older man crew. For anyone 25+. Anyone with me? Need to get to 4+ players so we can work on taking down G$ and Blue and these new Greasers..

I feel Project M would only be able to successful run along side melee/brawl if we had enough TVs/Setups. As it would get last preference for a TV spot.

Edit: Does playwarehouse have internets? - incase we want to look at the possibility of setting up somewhere where we can watch BAM stream? (Assuming they have one).

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I'd like to form an older man crew. For anyone 25+. Anyone with me? Need to get to 4+ players so we can work on taking down G$ and Blue and these new Greasers..

I feel Project M would only be able to successful run along side melee/brawl if we had enough TVs/Setups. As it would get last preference for a TV spot.

Edit: Does playwarehouse have internets? - incase we want to look at the possibility of setting up somewhere where we can watch BAM stream? (Assuming they have one).
I think we should be okay with setups. Was talking to people on Saturday and we should have 4 guarenteed Wii's minimum so it comes down to CRTs. I'm gonna try and get this planned out beforehand since I know it'll have to run smoothly not to **** with the other games.

Also in regards to a BAM stream, we were streaming at the last PW so there must be a way to get internet. Might need someone to bring a display though.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
In response to the old dude crew i would like to form a crew consisting of people only playing characters that start with the letter 'F', tryouts welcome.

Sloth

Smash Ace
If we do form smaller crews - is the max limit 4 per crew ? Or we can have more but only play some players in crew matches. Like we have subs. (Incase some don't show)?

Guess it might be time to start formalizing the rule set for this all.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Aaron and I are in the old man category lololol

should have normal counter pick rules which includes changing character after stage is picked

crew size max of 5 but reaalllyyyy prefer 4 because we dont have a huge pool of players to choose from

overall crew skill needs to be diluted to avoid predictable placings

therefore I should be banned or forced to pick bowser or something.. Sadly I could beat a crew of the top 4 players in qld by myself, and diluting them out into other crews would just make it even easier for me. But if they did all join together they'd always be guaranteed at least 2nd and that would get old fast.

as for crews themselves it should be the top 5 players are each captains of a crew aka me - gerard - bryce - james - haikal/rob/tristan/whoever shows up.

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
We'll I'm 53 weeks off been in the old man crew, oh and the greasers include spup, Bob, flux and myself
Just thought I would point that out for well spread crews (a top 5 player, a new player and some in between doyles)
But of course, the day we can predict tourney turnouts and people left after singles for crews is the day I can be bothered doing tech training besides having Bob tell me in 2005 "there's this thing called wave dashing" ..........FYI it isn't happening for some time

Sloth

Smash Ace
I agree on stage counter-picking by the losing side. But I disagree on character changing. Crews is more interesting when you need to stick with a character. Makes you need to weigh up CP options.

Maybe a new twist in counter-pick stages could be done... such as lets say first stage is FD. I beat Zac 3-0 because he is a scrubby marth that even SA would destroy. So the other crew counter-picks on Yoshi Story and spups comes out with Falcon (Cause yolo). And beats me but is now down to 2 stock. The next match has to be then played AGAIN on Yoshi.. and then loser counter-picks and so on.

Could be a fun twist and make you have to think about the future a bit more.

Some other rules maybe:
1. You pick a character and stay with it in that crew match. When you verse a new crew you can re-select your characters
2. Bring hype.

I agree somewhat getting skill levels to mix is good, but I like the idea of forming a crew that sticks together more. Separating the top players at least seems best for now.

For old age crew atm we could have:
Sloth (if he actually practised tech-skill he may get into A-tier one day)
Neon (Not even in the top 10)
Aaron (maybe doesn't even want to join my crew)

So just need 1 more around the middle/low level for a good mix.

We will have to consider that at some events crews won't be able to form due to numbers in teams and we either dilute a few teams and combine them. Would be nice to get to a stage you could have reserves and have rules where everyone has to play at some point. But we are a lot of numbers off that.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The last Play Warehouse finished on time, and everyone was playing matches when they should have been. Having players in 2 different games is just a fact of life. Also, one game didn't hold up another. They hold up each other.

A limit of 2 games playable per person would be one way to alleviate the time stress in the venue if PM was to run. I also wouldn't be running PM doubles. We just don't have the time, space or the set-ups to accommodate it.

There is internet yes. However, I can imagine a BAM stream will hold up brackets, as players will want to watch matches rather than play. As bracket hold ups were such a talking point after the last event, I'm inclined to deny the stream. See how numbers turn out on the facebook group invites. If we have less then last time, I'll give out a password to a designated laptop for the stream. If we have more in attendance, then no deal.

Sloth

Smash Ace
How many players will be playing in both formats? I feel that this is something a poll needs in the play-warehouse thread. If we have some idea / indication then we can use our time resource productivity.

Also as a suggestion is the concept of sticking to a fixed lunch break, such as 12-1. If you decide to take lunch outside of a particular time you could but you risk forfeiting your game (assuming you haven't lost). Or is this going too far in terms of rules / regulations ?

Top Bottom