• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] The Power of Science - TPoS6: 21st April

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
you do it when rob and ryan ARE there. if rob and ryan aren't around then probably won't bother with amateur bracket. probably try out swiss (even if ben doesn't want to) so that the lower skilled players get more matches.

top 5 is
zac
ben
rob
ryan
uhhh uhhh uhhh ****

i dunno. mebie top 4 go into srs bracket then. unless zac, ben, ryan or rob want to nominate a 5th regular to be auto included in the srsbracket.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Whilst this is good, how do you decide the other 5?
Keel it as 3 then he highest seeded player in pro bracket gets a bye. And if SD or kas show they can take the extra spot.

If a large chunk if the PR is missing do amateur bracket winner gets entry back and evryone goes to through to pro bracket

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
hangon, i meant ill go to summer smash...... whoops :S

when is summer smash?

tibs7

Smash Champion
if you're gonna make a major, make sure you give us heaps of notice :)

real keen for qld

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
alright, so i'm thinking do a short tournament on 29th. like 10-3. sound good?

that's assuming antho is busy. if not then it can go for however long.

edit: is anybody interested in a power of science ranking? it's a mathematical ranking based on how well you do over the entire power of science tournament series. you gain points for where you placed in each tournament (which means if you don't go then you miss out on points). it's not a powerranking at all, just a view of how you're doing at power of science tournaments. only people who come to at least half of the tournaments get counted (at this stage). i've already done it up for my own interest so if anybody else is interested i could put it up.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey Dif, Matt has put the Brawl tourney on the same day..which could pretty severely affect attendance...

I'm pretty sure Cal and Arrow would rather go to Brawl because they are comparatively better at Brawl than melee..

J-Birds

Smash Lord
mmmm both days are awkward for me
are we still doing that mini tournament at anthos on 27th?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
alright, so i'm thinking do a short tournament on 29th. like 10-3. sound good?

that's assuming antho is busy. if not then it can go for however long.

edit: is anybody interested in a power of science ranking? it's a mathematical ranking based on how well you do over the entire power of science tournament series. you gain points for where you placed in each tournament (which means if you don't go then you miss out on points). it's not a powerranking at all, just a view of how you're doing at power of science tournaments. only people who come to at least half of the tournaments get counted (at this stage). i've already done it up for my own interest so if anybody else is interested i could put it up.
Go for it... at the very least you can use it for seeding...

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
which day is brawl tourny? i'll defs try to avoid a clash.

Power of Science Ranking:
1. AussieRob
2. Accelerate
3. Scrubs
4. Dif
5. Syke
6. Jbirds
7. Darkfire
8. Calibre
9. Arrow
10. Hugh

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
yeah, not turning up means you miss out on a lot of points. zac's only played in 2 tpos singles brackets and thus is missing out on about half the points he could have. i've done up a modified list which gives regulars half their expected placement when they don't turn up.

1. Rob (41)
2. Accelerate (40)
3. Syke (38)
4. Scrubs (35)
5. Dif (27)
6. Dark (26)
7. Jbirds (23)
8. Arrow (18)
9. Calibre (17)
10. Uber (15)

the way i give points is if 13 people turn up then 1st place gets 13 points, 2nd gets 12, 3rd gets 11, 4th gets 10, 5th gets 8 ... last place gets 1. however, that means that you get free points if n00bs turn up. so i've done ANOTHER one (these only take about 2 minutes each) that only counts PR players (so max points you can get is 9). and the corresponding modified version of that.

With PR players
1. AussieRob (19)
2. Accelerate (18)
3. Scrubs (15)
4. Syke (13)
5. Dif (9)
6. Jbirds (8)
7. Cal (6)
8. Darkfire/Arrow (5)
10. Hugh (4)

With PR players (modified)
1. Scrubs/Rob/Syke (19)
4. Accelerate (18)
5. Dif (9)
6. Jbirds (8)
7. Darkfire (7)
8. Calibre/Arrow (6)
10. Hugh (4)

if you guys think i should keep doing it then put up a vote for which system you prefer, or suggest your own.

EDIT: i've tentatively changed rules to all sets best of 5 (if less than 14 people show up) and time limit 6 minutes. opinions?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
that's true. in that case it's just a matter of how do i distribute points to those who do turn up.

current methods
1. (number of people who turn up +1) - your place
2. (number of PR players who turn up + 1) - your place
3. preset number of points for top [x] with everyone after that getting 1 point.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
just do the best Y performances.
say there is X PoS a year
going to 80% is acceptable.
so if theres 10 a year
just take the best results from 8 of those tournaments then collate.
cause its impossible to come to all, and u shouldn't get punished for it.
but going to more raising your chance of getting better placements.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
alright. so here's my choices on next tournament.

short tournament on 29th oct.
full tournament on 5th or 6th nov
full tournament on 26th or 27th nov

that seems to be basically it. vote? if i can't get at least 4 people to agree on one day then i'm going to pick 26/27 november.

Top Bottom