• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
BC, that's excellent. Someone who wants to be a part of the scene and is willing to put in effort. I'm impressed.

If no-one else can be found, I'm fine to be a member. I wouldn't mind Matt, Apollo and Aero as the panelists but if they can't/won't then I'm more than happy to do it.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will do it if Jesmo is on the panel with me. Would be an honour ;).

My only real issues are Cal's position, and Tiahn not being on here. Otherwise, most are close to right, it's just that Cal moving shuffles a lot of people out of their current position.

Shadowblade

Smash Apprentice
BC, R4VEN has asked me to tell you that the only reason he doesn't want to discuss PR stuff is because Toki is on the panel and he's a troll and R4VEN doesn't want to argue with Toki because he likes him but Toki doesn't care about competitive Smash any more.

R4VEN says he would happily be on a panel with Jezmo and matt since they take the game seriously.

Edit: Also BC, I think you should wait till you have attended more tournaments before trying to get on the panel, but if you still want to do something for the community you could try making the next PR image, it's not like Toki will do it.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I just want to say that I've been asking to be on the panel for about three years and was ignored every single time. After that I stopped asking. So to be quite honest I am sort of annoyed about the "I'm the only one putting my hand up" thing.
I was never aware of that but it surprises me that you were ignored. I don't see any issues with you being on the panel, you can have it all lol. I'm pretty sure Vyse wants nothing to do with PR anymore so I'm the only one who needs to be replaced now. I'll let the rest of you decide who that person should be.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
BC, R4VEN has asked me to tell you that the only reason he doesn't want to discuss PR stuff is because Toki is on the panel and he's a troll and R4VEN doesn't want to argue with Toki because he likes him but Toki doesn't care about competitive Smash any more.

R4VEN says he would happily be on a panel with Jezmo and matt since they take the game seriously.

Edit: Also BC, I think you should wait till you have attended more tournaments before trying to get on the panel, but if you still want to do something for the community you could try making the next PR image, it's not like Toki will do it.
Alright, thanks for the message Blade.

Yer, fair enough I guess, I should come to more before trying to get into panel. I might actually be happy to make a PR image.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Well excuse me for my family being all poor and the bank had to take my house away and I had no time to deal for the PR and not giving you any attention wehhhh

But do whatever, I dont care.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
My house is being taken away and I have many life issues to deal with... better check smashboards to make sure everyone is happy with the PR.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Wow BC, are you the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz? Apparently you don't have a heart.

Hope everything works out, Toki. I hope you're trolling though. =(

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Please excuse me if I seem to not care about it, I do care about Toki and I can understand that he was in a pickle but seeing as he was always spamming another site with no home internet using a mobile and then a wi-fi usb modem I can't see why he couldn't check up on the panel. I come from an environment were slacking off without an excuse is not on so seeing since Toki was able to use the iternet and was always spamming another site 24/7 it doesn't really give him an excuse to not give 5 mins to check the panel.

Oh and Toki seems fine as of now, he is living with Vyse and had a job interview, I hope it went well for him :) .

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well nothing was happening with the PR in the first place, so it was essentially the panels fault that nothing happened with the PR, not just Toki's fault.

At this point in time, it would be nice if we drop that particular subject.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
O.K guys, apparently I own this thread now. As always, feel free to discuss anything to related to the PR here, or to PM me with any questions, issues or ideas related to the PR. It's highly unlikely this will be updated until after the next tournament but discussion is always welcome.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
O.K guys, apparently I own this thread now. As always, feel free to discuss anything to related to the PR here, or to PM me with any questions, issues or ideas related to the PR. It's highly unlikely this will be updated until after the next tournament but discussion is always welcome.
If that's the case, are you going to leave it at V6.5 or change it? Not that it matters, I suppose.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Why are you asking me questions? That whole thing I posted was just to be polite.

Umm, I'll probably change it to V7 and V8 after the tournament come to think of it.

Remastered

Smash Lord
It will need a revision after Summersmash. It will be V7. Summersmash will have more weight than the previous 3 tournaments. As with any PR, only the most recent results will count, and the more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds.

Edit: (Just looked at the PR again, Apollo doesn't use ZSS anymore, and I am using IC's with MK now. So things such as character use will need to be cleaned up in the update.)

If you want to be considered for the PR, Summersmash is the one to attend and perform well at.

You can look after the V7 PR image if you like BC?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
It will need a revision after Summersmash. It will be V7. Summersmash will have more weight than the previous 3 tournaments. As with any PR, only the most recent results will count, and the more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds.

Edit: (Just looked at the PR again, Apollo doesn't use ZSS anymore, and I am using IC's with MK now. So things such as character use will need to be cleaned up in the update.)

If you want to be considered for the PR, Summersmash is the one to attend and perform well at.

You can look after the V7 PR image if you like BC?
Sure, I'll be happy to make an Image.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Are you guys gonna do something fun with it like have each person a character from an anime/movie/game?

EDIT: Totally an outsider thought, i'm only curious, not trying to change anything or whatever haha. *embarrassed*

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about being an outsider. All welcome here, buddy.

Anyway, I'd be up for that and I'll see what I can think of. Any suggestions would be super, as well.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Not anymore really, its pretty quiet up here now. About 12-15 of us are still active.

We have had so many opportunities to make QLD bigger in terms of attendance, but I think as soon as anyone has a look around these forums, they decide sanity is the safer approach to life. Oh how big Smash would be if it wasn't for forum trolls & the misdirection of the Aus community.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Not anymore really, its pretty quiet up here now. About 12-15 of us are still active.

We have had so many opportunities to make QLD bigger in terms of attendance, but I think as soon as anyone has a look around these forums, they decide sanity is the safer approach to life. Oh how big Smash would be if it wasn't for forum trolls & the misdirection of the Aus community.
There must be away to get it more active.

Also what kind of PR theme would you be interested in Jesmo?

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I think that could work, Luco.

I think LoL champions could be really cool too. Like Apollo could pick Darius and I could pick Akali etc etc. Most people on the list play LoL, and for those that don't, well, I had to choose an Anime character last time that I knew nothing about.

Anyway, any ideas will be considered and I'd like as much input as possible. I really like this LoL idea though.

Splice

Smash Hero

We have had so many opportunities to make QLD bigger in terms of attendance [...]
Do you have any Melee scene in QLD still? I only hear or see stuff from Kas and Syke when we have a Melbourne major. I think if you welcome both games both scenes will grow. Works for us. btw just to make sure, Archaze = Ad3pt = Matt, right? Does Jaice still play?

If you guys have a 2 day major or something this year and also Shaya goes to it, I will also come up. If I don't get fired...

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yes it is I, Ad3pt!

I made the call a long time ago to split the scene back when I started the Luigi's dungeon tournaments. There were 2 reasons for my actions.

1. I didn't have space to accomodate both games in my house.

2. Some of the melee scene are quite toxic towards brawl in QLD. Has been like that for some time, and I developed a facebook group and seperated brawl and melee to get the negative attention away from Brawl.

It worked at first, and Brawl was actually seeing good growth. But players left for multiple reasons and it has slowly deteriorated over time. I also left and now play more Soul Calibur than I do Smash. Jaice hasn't competed for over a year, or really since we went to reloaded.

Melee and brawl are back on the same day at Lansmash, and the scene is small but we still had 20ish at the last Lansmash for Brawl.

No one wants to TO up here either. I don't want the job back, I have a very sour taste in my mouth regarding the direction Aus smash has gone in and prefer to avoid it and just show up for fun, but that's for another forum.

If you are both interested in coming up for Lansmash in April, you are more than welcome. We avoid big prize pools now, and play more for the love and competition. You will still get good competition in Brawl from the likes of Apollo, Jesmo, and myself. Apollo has far and away exceeded the player her used to be.

Splice

Smash Hero
No one wants to TO up here either. I don't want the job back, I have a very sour taste in my mouth regarding the direction Aus smash has gone in and prefer to avoid it and just show up for fun, but that's for another forum.

If you are both interested in coming up for Lansmash in April, you are more than welcome. We avoid big prize pools now, and play more for the love and competition. You will still get good competition in Brawl from the likes of Apollo, Jesmo, and myself. Apollo has far and away exceeded the player her used to be.
It is understandable that you tried to seperate from Melee, it's just a pity that you felt you had two. Both games together brings more people together making bigger events and then somehow both games grow. That is kind of what happened here, although I have not been to a tournament for many months don't hold me to that; it's just how I see it.

I have played Apollo recently, does he come to all the QLD tournaments? How is he able to make the trip so often... that man...

Either way don't be sad about how the scene may have turned out for you. You guys are all tight and can still play and improve at the game and have fun with it, it doesn't matter that your scene isn't as big as you might like it to be.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I love our scene. The guys we have are great, and tournaments are always great. Apollo comes to all of our lansmash events, and Scoot came to the last one and had a blast too. We have a great mix of guys.

What I wish, was that more people could play at the top level (QLD's top level, not Aus). I try and help out and teach people where I can, but I don't always get the time between the running around and hosting etc during events.

I would love to have more regular meets.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I'm trying to reach the top QLD level. Trying, and I mean I'm really trying I even play wi-fi once or twice a day just to practice.

Do you think I'll get there soon enough, Matt?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Eventually, it takes a bit of time to get there. It didn't happen straight away for me. Maining Luigi didn't really help me though.

I really only got noticed when I started maining DDD and MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom