• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where I placed, but it was bad. :p Lost to Apollo in round 1, beat Keiran in loser's, then proceeded to lose to Blade. I've kinda lost interest in Brawl which reflects my performance (just wanted the sets to be over so I could play more Melee), so it's probs best to leave me out of the PR.

I might try to do better in the future if I can get better at transferring between games, but in the meantime my focus is on Melee.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Again, from my experience, Arrow is a better player than the majority of QLD, but if results say otherwise, put him lower. He still beats Blade, and Blade isn't better than BC imo.

BC actually put pressure on me in atleast one match. Playing against Blade feels like I am watching the timer just waiting for the game to end.
I could see a bit of sweat on your face after that game on SV :bee:

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
How about removing me from PR? I think that will solve this whole "OH HAY! I WANNA BE ON PEE-AH, CUZ IM DA BESSSS" etc
Because..... I honestly do not care lawl

But dont remove me completely, lemme have my own tier or something.

1st - 10th
Cbfth

Because I can

OHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ

/thread

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
As much as people like to rip on brawl, and say they don't care, there are still people who do care, and who genuinely want to get better and be ranked against the best in the state to see who they can improve against.

Having something to aim for is a great thing, and really the whole purpose of having a PR from an internal persepective. My only reason for leaving the PR previously was because I left the scene for about 4-6 months. I would suggest anyone who is still active should stay on the PR, for the sake of the lower players who still want to improve.

Remastered

Smash Lord
There is quite a skill gap now. Toki would be in the top if he still mained 1 character, but his random has made him rusty with the whole cast.

I noticed the skill gap forming a long time ago. First noticed it when I played against Arrow's MK about 3 Lansmashes ago, used wolf and Diddy and still managed to win. Played random at buttonsmash until the last 2 matches and still won.

The only thing I can suggest is playing against Jesmo and myself whenever you guys get a chance. You will learn more and more playing better players.

Edit: Also listen to advice from better players too ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
if you want to get better, just remember these two things

1. Everything is punishable and everyone here sucks at punishing. Power shield everything. Remember that shielding only has a 7 frame cd, being nearly every chars least laggy defensive option.

2. All characters you play against needs you to think 2 steps ahead, you can't win by blowing away punishes because you knew what would happen next but were cbf. Chars like toon link need 3 steps ahead at all times otherwise you'll be outplayed haaaaarrd by a good one. Chars like dk, peach are easier at 3 steps but chars like falco you only need to think two.

:phone:

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
O.K, just a few points to make.

IIRC, Aero and Blade both beat Arrow last tournament and I think Aero 2-stocked him. Blade seems to think he beat him convincingly so I'm not sure Arrow should be as high as others may think.

I agree totally with Aero that shoving BC up to 5'th over one tournament is a fair bit silly. He played REALLY well last tournament and maybe he will be 5'th one day but I think we need to see how he performs in one or two more tournaments before bumping him up quite that high. He for sure needs to go up though.

I don't think Cal should drop that much (I know you don't want to take Saturday's bracket into account but he did come 2'nd and did fairly well against my MK.)

Also, I'm going to become the best in QLD, O.K? Peace.

Anyway,
Apollo
AD3PT
Jezmo
Toki
Cal
Blade
Aero (Very close between him and BC. I know, I watched most of their matches. Also, Aero was excellent in doubles which I count for something)
BC
Arrow
Tiahn

Just my imo and that's just a draft, y'know. We still need to see people at a few more tournaments to be sure. Anyway, just thought I'd share my opinion.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I think we need to have a tournament that everybody shows up to so we can get the most accurate representation at least results wise.

So that being said I'll try to get everybody on the panel to discuss things during next week. We'll do a .5 type of update.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Ok so the PR is has now been updated. I know it's probably not the most accurate but I think most people agree with it, too bad otherwise. Not to worry, they'll be another update after the next tourney.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I disagree with a lot of this list.

Buuuuut I can't be ****ed telling most of you why you shouldn't be where you are.

At least the top 3 is right, and it will be re-updated correctly in the near future so that will be good too I suppose.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Wait...... why isn't Tiahn on this list?

5th, 4th, 9th last three tournaments. She lost to me, me, Jesmo & BC at each of these.

Also, how the **** is Arrow 9th when Cal is 5th???? Worst PR I have seen in a long time. Tried to keep to myself and not care but this is a very messy PR.

Best result Cal has had was at a tournament where almost nobody attended and he finished behind Vyse who isn't ranked..... Cal has finished behind Blade in every tournament they have both attended in the last 3? Arrow also placed ahead of Cal at the last tournament both attended.

Did you guys even look at the results from recent tournaments? Sorry, but unanimous agreement (because you are all happy with where you are) and what actually has happened are 2 entirely different things.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Because Smoking Puppy is clearly a better player. Latest results count for more etc. I could go on..

Look, I'll be straight up. This update was a half ***** attempt at making people shutup for a little while for two reasons:

1. Results are messy with more then a few upsets, in general most players are all over the place as far as who's beating who etc and I don't believe the past 3 brackets are enough to make an accurate representation.

2. No one on the panel is either motivated or active. I'm the only one left who actually still has his hand up but that's been slowly coming to a stop as my interest for the game has been rapidly declining over the past few months.. at least to the point where I don't want to be on any sort of panel. I needed to bide some time and personal matters have kept me away from the boards more than usual..

..which brings me to my next question I originallly intended to bring up later, who wants to be apart of the panel? I want out and need a replacement. Actually the whole panel needs replacing. I could hand it all over to you Matt but evidently you contradict everything you say. That's not what this panel needs.. lol Here's a good example:

I disagree with a lot of this list.

Buuuuut I can't be ****ed telling most of you why you shouldn't be where you are.

Wait...... why isn't Tiahn on this list?

5th, 4th, 9th last three tournaments. She lost to me, me, Jesmo & BC at each of these.

Also, how the **** is Arrow 9th when Cal is 5th???? Worst PR I have seen in a long time. Tried to keep to myself and not care but this is a very messy PR.
I should probably point out that there's actually nothing wrong with giving a ****.

Anyways as I already mentioned a proper update will be on the way and I'll gather the current panel members to discuss what I said in this post and how we all feel about where we are etc before the next tournament.

Now everybody Shhhhhhhhhh.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I'm legitimately amazed that people even care about a top 10 pr when there's only like 11 people in Queensland that actually play the game.

Remastered

Smash Lord
My posts weren't contradictory at all if you read them....

My biggest hate with the PR system is players not getting the respect they deserve when they outperform others above them. It really is the only thing I care about in this scene. I had the same thing happen to me when I started out, so I get worked up when the same happens to current players.

I suppose you can't expect it to be unbiased though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
your biggest hate is people not caring when you waste hours of life to achieve so little? that's basically what you just said.

maybe you should rethink why you play competitive games...
If you're going to be passionate about something, competitive gaming is fine. It's like competitive chess or competitive card-playing. I personally do not believe you are wasting your life if you're having fun. Being passionate about PRs and stuff like that is legitimate in my eyes.

Just me. :ohwell:

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say that I've been asking to be on the panel for about three years and was ignored every single time. After that I stopped asking. So to be quite honest I am sort of annoyed about the "I'm the only one putting my hand up" thing.

Aside from Tiahn over SP, this PR looks fine to me. Can't argue that the top 4 isn't correct. Not to mention Blade is definitely over Arrow and Blade is clearly top 6 which means Arrow must be lower.

BC was doing excellently last tournament and also did well in Doubles (Which I do take into account) he beat Aero who handled Arrow quite well. Cal pushed me in Saturdays bracket and he just seems like a class above the vast majority of QLD. He also beat Toki IIRC on Saturdays bracket (and sure, Toki was using random but Toki always uses random so...)

Anyway, if no-one cares (which everyone seems to say and make an excuse about) and if no-one is willing to put time into it (which no-one seems to want to do) then the PR in general is pointless.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
If I'm going to be on it (and the PR continues to exist), I don't really see who's missing out. I genuinely feel like I could comfortably beat anyone below Cal.

But like I said a few pages back, being on the Brawl PR is no concern of mine and I have no problem if I'm removed from it. Can't even guarantee if I'll bother with Brawl in the future.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Anyway, if no-one cares (which everyone seems to say and make an excuse about) and if no-one is willing to put time into it (which no-one seems to want to do) then the PR in general is pointless.
I do think Cal is right with whole panel needs a replacement because.

1. Toki just doesn't care about brawl and trash talks about it all the time and being a panel member it doesn't seem every professional and he is lazy when it comes to announcing results, I still can't believe it took half a moth to give them out.. (In saying that he is not motivated)

2. Kaion is never on SWF anymore.

3. I can't say anything on Vyse because I don't know whats going on with him and the Panel.

I'm gonna say it, I think Toki and Kaion should be replaced and I think Jezmo should be a member. I will also put my hand up seeing as this will give me something to do and I actually will put some effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom