• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
I know characters used shouldn't have an impact, but in QLD, for some reason it does (for certain people). Positioning in tournaments impacts positioning on the PR, but if people do not care then this ignorance will unfairly govern the positioning of people on the PR.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The same biased opinions have been apparent for a long time on this PR anyway. (I don't think there is a need to mention where and how because it's fairly obvious). However I don't think it is fair to have me and Jaice on the PR at the same time, nor do I think it is fair to the other smashers in QLD to drop it to a list of 5 now, when recognition for achievements in the game are granted.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Alright, name the top 10 in QLD without Me, Jbirds, the 2 dorfs and possibly Rocko.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Sea still plays, and as long as Jesmo is still considered because he was at Tpoo

1. Jaice
2. Jesmo/Toki
4. Sea
5. Kaion
6. Ad3pt
7. Arrow (assuming Rocko isn't included)
8-10. Cal, Vyse & Tiahn

If we use the tier system

A tier
Jaice
Toki
Jesmo

B tier
Sea
Kaion
Ad3pt

C tier
Arrow

D tier
Cal
Vyse
Tiahn

Before you discredit the bottom end of this list, remember how much these players have improved, and remember that it isn't exactly fair to them that because players have pulled away from the scene, it means they shouldn't be included. They still need to see that they are getting better and have room to improve and beat other players. It's all about motivation.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Vyse has actually gotten worst from when I first joined, the only person I see that's improving Arrow and I didn't get to see how Tiahn was doing last tourney.

Other than that... lol QLD Brawl.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
maybe me and ted should come spend a week in qld, help you guys get a new perspective on things, reignite the scene, etc etc

Remastered

Smash Lord
Good thing you have no say on it now anyway Hotdog :).

I would love to spend a week or 2 playing other players (especially you and Ted) and seeing if we can motivate this scene more. Sadly up here we have a few people in our community that find it more enjoyable to put people down, then to help them get better.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Tried to out tier me and still failed, Jaice is already good anyways he doesn't need help. I'd be glad to give advice to people and help them out, but no one ever asks these days.

You going down to Melb Matt + Jaice? flights are 140ish return.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have semi confirmed for reloaded depending on how busy I am around that time, and I already have housing promised along with Jaice.

Need to talk to Jaice and see if he wants to come down to melb with me and if I'm not to flat out with final year 5 subject double degree arghhh. No housing, so we will probs hotel it if Jaice is keen.

@Syke: Jaice came 7th at Tpoo. Keep digging that no knowledge grave lol

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
That list looks alot weaker without jbirds, hotdog, oldman and rocko... would brisbane even have a crew lol?

Logan v Gold Coast yeeeeeeewww

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Gotta rep dat Bowser. Yes, having top 5 would make it pretty hard to get in there, but if you're really willing to get on the PR it'll make you try even harder. The QLD brawl scene is pretty small and with a top 10 most spot would just be fillers. On Matts list the skill gap between him to Arrow and Arrow to Cal is pretty large. QLD are improving, but way too slowly compared to other states.

Luke, give us some motivation.

Edit: @Syke, Jaice, Jezmo and I came 7th, 9th and 9th lololololol

J-Birds

Smash Lord
really cbf reading all this stuff however juist as a general note people on the panel leave the discussion for the panel discussion thread thing... some of the things being said feel like they are out of retaliation and are comming across mad bitter.

just a quick few notes:
we arent disputing that jaice is the best at the moment, he clearly is...
he has always had the edge on me but that isnt enough reason for him to be #1 when he has consistently lost to toki whilst also having losses to hotdog, sea and matt whom is ranked much lower.

Hotdog and myself are dropping off the panel and the pr so it will be up to Vyse and Matt as to who to add to it they can do that amongst themselves no need to mention those matters here.

honestly i think this should be locked in between updates with a short period after the recent update for discussion,

meh cbf with this properly, i may post proper answers later on.
whislt im on that pm me if your interested in the panel

edit: i really think it should drop to top 5 as well and have thought this for some time.
qld has a smaller scene, so less "better" players and thus should have a smaller pr until such a time when that changes.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
The highest I've ever placed was 3rd, my first tourney and it was a major, my god that was funny. Gone downhill ever since =D

Need Amaterasu back... Someone go get his SC2 account banned.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah, ammy was ****ing good.

as for motivation, the best kind is to go out of state.
you'll be wrecked, everyone from qld except ammy has, and then you'll be inspired and improve and get mad good.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
That's why I went to RC but QLD has a lack of general meets so chances to get better are always slim. **** living in sunshine coast, no one plays smash there.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea Cal, you gotta get outta there, only goof thing S.Coast is good for is chicks ;) and maybe fishing.

Anyways message to Matt, we've already acknowledge that Jaice is the best in QLD for now, but you have to stop treating him like he's some kind of smash god in QLD. As Jbirds pointed out he has more losses to Toki than wins, his record against me is like 3-2 his favour and he's also lost to lower ranked people. Knowing that there's no way he's "far and away" in QLD.

I wish you all the best off luck in smash and as Arrow (or the Americans) once said "Get better". I'll most probably come back for competitive Smash sometime soon, just have no desire or motivation for it right now.

MvC all da way.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
1. Aqquire Dole
2. Move to Brisbane
3. .......
4. PROFIT

Sound good..?

EDIT: You forgot Good beach weather Hotdogz ;)

Hotdog

Smash Lord
With the dole money, you'd be living somewhere like Ipswich or just as far... which is just as bad =P

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Since Hotdog is going too, I don't see why not.

Vyse
AD3PT
Jaice
Toki

It is a good distribution of the skill level in the scene.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace

Hey ******s,

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, ********, no-lifes who spend every second of their day playing a stupid *** video game. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any *****? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You are all ******s who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my *****

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Question, should I stop entering Brawl tournaments cause it'll mess up the results and interfere with the PR?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll be at tournaments to support the venues and if Dean brings MvC 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom