• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash thread | Easter LS 2013 (6th/7th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansho

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I just moved up to brisbane last month from melbourne for uni. Was hoping to get in on the melee meets whenever they happen.
I was up here for summer smash last year so i think i've met quite a few of you before.
More likely to know me as haikal though

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Oh nice. I'm pretty sure it was you who I had a decent amount of friendlies with at BAM. Really solid Fox from memory. =)

In terms of meets, definitely get in touch with DJ Cat. He's been kind enough to get something going here.

Kansho

Smash Cadet
Yeah i remember you taking most of those games. I'll try to make it to the next meet if i can, would offer my place but its defs too small to fit more than one or two people

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok guys
well I cbf reading the last 3 pages from this thread, but what I can gather is that the next Lansmash with actual smash will be on the 6-7th April weekend and that Mat's house is already fully booked.

I was hoping to stay with someone other than Vyse this time since I feel like everytime I go up i seem to just spend time with the same people (antho, Toki, cal, etc) not that there is anything wrong with that, but I seem to have little time with others. I want to catch up more with others this time.

Sooooo, if I can't stay with with Apollo at Mats this time, I would be glad to hang out with Jesmo and group depending on your plans and if it lines up with whatever leave/RDOs I can manage to get off for this. Otherwise I will be happy to still stay with Vyse and the gang like normal. I really only come up these days to meet up with everyone so I don't mind where I stay that much as long as I can socialize.

Btw can I get a confirmation on those dates, is it really 6-7th April weekend and is smash actually going to happen?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
hey guys, been without internet for the past ~7 weeks so i have pretty much zero idea of what's going on these days. i hear meets are happening again or something. i can donate some decent sized crts if wanted. i have about 7 of varying sizes. only got one smash setup though so i'm not giving that away. if people want me to rock up to stuff in general then just give me a ring or text or something similar and i'll see if i'm free.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So, I updated the first post with info etc.

I think running everything on the Saturday will work. So make sure you're free ok?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
So guys, how about that Project: M? Had my first experience with v2.5 last night and I've come to the well-researched conclusion that Ivysaur is the greatest.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Omg why do I have a bio field trip on that exact day...

Still nothing for 7th? Or are there friendlies at least?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Might do a cricket session on the Sunday if people are interested.
Nets at Sunnybank.
Should be good.

Wonder if I should do a BBQ on the Friday Night or something?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Threw this out on Facebook.

If you guys can, please bring setups (TV, Wii, the whole thing).

I've got 4 here so far. Might bring one or two more tomorrow.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Zeke should be PR #1 in Qld.

Just FYI, Apollo & I decided that Apollo won the final set of the grandfinals without actually playing it. Mostly because we spent the rest of the night drinking then the next day playing and recording Soul Calibur 5, and didn't want to grind out another set of smash with close matches.

Shout outs to all the new guys I met on the day. I hope you all keep coming and playing. Happy to sit down with anyone, anytime and teach some Smash.

Shouts to Radiance. Awesome yugioh match, sad I didn't get to play more with you. You were alright at SCV too ;).

Thanks J-birds for teaming in brawl and putting up with the grind. Come back and play IC's and beat everyone.

I 3 stocked far too many people at this tournament for someone who doesn't play and I didn't use MK in singles. Get better Qld :p.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think Apollo would have won anyway ;)

ggs to people I played

also soz matt for the doubles **** up and making you have to play Smoking Puppy and I. D:

also

asol

I have SCV now

because impulse shopping

Ty spup for teaming with me in dubs

Remastered

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Apollo would have beaten me too. Though our first set was tight.

Add me on PSN: TOO-AD3PT
I'll be on SCV tonight if you want to play. Otherwise, learn a character by Sunday, and I'll host a room and get Chris involved for Sunday night.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Had my first taste of NTSC Melee yesterday... I don't want to go back. The Fox vs Marth matchup feels amazing. Anyone else down for making it the tournament standard? =P

smopup

Smash Journeyman
PAL melee sounds gay. Gayer then Brawl.
Well I wouldn't go that far. =P I think they made some reasonable changes in PAL, but it's hard to argue that the positives outweigh the negatives. I'm just biased towards NTSC because having viable options after waveshining Marth feels so good.

ima enjoy tech chasing with sheik nao
Damn it.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
It's really not hard to argue that changes in PAL are more positive than negative. The good characters are still good in PAL, just not as stupid as they are in NTSC.

If you main said characters however, I can see why you would think the changes are a negative thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom