• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash thread | Easter LS 2013 (6th/7th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be a SummerSmash this year? I remember it having a pretty good turnout in the past.

Also BC, Samus could be a good choice, particularly since you're coming from Brawl and might be getting stuck with Melee's shield mechanics. Up B out of shield is generally a good escape and can make spacies afraid of attacking your shield. I'm no expert with the character but I'd watch some videos of the good Samus players. Duck, Plup, Darrel, and HugS come to mind.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Thanks for that, guys.

I worked out how the special out of shield works, Just trying to master using Side B right after a wavedash.

Thanks for the names Puppy, I have been watching ESAM but I'll watch them too!

Also if we are having SummerSmash are we gonna have a thread for it like last time since its a major?

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'd TO....

But I'll probably have to find an alternate venue within a small timeframe.
Have the air con not work for the day.
The venue will be double booked by the council and will have to strike a deal to make sure we still play.
Have a tree fall on powerlines outside the venue.
Buy everyone breakfast in the morning, then proceed to be called a thief that evening.
All previous TO and scene work and dedication goes out the window.

**** that. All someone elses responsibility now. Can understand why no one wants it.

S.D

Smash Master
All I remember bout last year was Ryan wanting to hook up melee outside from a nearby house's rear electrical supply while we waited for Maori church to finish.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I bought $150 worth of hash browns, Sausage & Bacon Egg McMuffins. ( 50 McMuffins and about 30 HB's). It wasn't a complete breakfast, but it was all I could afford at the time. There were only about 50 people in attendance so there should have been enough for atleast 1 each :)

They were passed around at Antho's while we were waiting for the maori church group to finish their unofficially authorised use of the venue.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I must have missed out on the hash browns. lawl

So is there a Summersmash this year? Doesn't sound like it. :<

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Man, SummerSmash totally needs to happen. Or at least some meets. April seems too far away for the next tournament. =(

I'm super keen to get better in Melee, especially after Apex.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I am Matt, however I'm housing 4 people already for Lansmash in April sorry. (I can really only house 3) The best person to get in contact with would be Vyse if you need somewhere to stay. Don't take my word for it, but he usually has some space for housing if you're looking for it :).

Depending on confirmed attendance, I wouldn't mind doing a round robin event for brawl. It allows everyone to play everyone. We can get the most accurate idea of where everyone is placed in QLD which will help for the currently messy PR.

There will be hype matches, like Blade versus everyone basically because everyone has some sort of grudge against him, Bacon looking to create some upsets again, and the top 8 or 5 can play-off for final positions as per usual once the round robin matches are finished.

Thoughts from Brawl players?

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
Oh but it'd be so weird if I were the only one housing with someone I've never spoken to. :o Maybe I should get a hotel room...

I think the round robin idea sounds great.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I am Matt, however I'm housing 4 people already for Lansmash in April sorry. (I can really only house 3) The best person to get in contact with would be Vyse if you need somewhere to stay. Don't take my word for it, but he usually has some space for housing if you're looking for it :).

Depending on confirmed attendance, I wouldn't mind doing a round robin event for brawl. It allows everyone to play everyone. We can get the most accurate idea of where everyone is placed in QLD which will help for the currently messy PR.

There will be hype matches, like Blade versus everyone basically because everyone has some sort of grudge against him, Bacon looking to create some upsets again, and the top 8 or 5 can play-off for final positions as per usual once the round robin matches are finished.

Thoughts from Brawl players?
Ya, I like upsets, Guess I should beat You and Jesmo this time.

I'm keen for it though I still prefer a normal bracket.

#Matt for TO

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh but it'd be so weird if I were the only one housing with someone I've never spoken to. :o Maybe I should get a hotel room...

I think the round robin idea sounds great.
You... were going to do that with Matt.

You're free to stay with Jezmo and I though.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Wave, come stay with us. We'll get Blade, Aero, maybe Kaion and I, and we can all stay together. It'd be super cheap and a lot of fun, I promise.

Also, after watching Apex, I'm going to win this <: don't care who is there. I'm taking this out! Boom. Dat smacktalk

Srs though, would be great to have a lot of people in one hotel. Also, I might be staying until Monday this time if something is planned. Cricket/Footy/Gaming w/e it may be. I'd probably need someone to drop me off on Monday if I did that though, since Aero usually leaves Sunday night.

Would really love to get some dates on this though. Just so I can work stuff around. Perhaps the dates have been posted but Idk where they are. Also, anyone got any idea on if Apollo is coming? Love that guy <3

By the by, Wave is bloody legit guys. Don't take him easy cause this guy is like Australia's Mr. R. Dude has all the fancy stuff.

Come at meh, BC <$

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Yeah Wave, come stay with us. We'll get Blade, Aero, maybe Kaion and I, and we can all stay together. It'd be super cheap and a lot of fun, I promise.

Also, after watching Apex, I'm going to win this <: don't care who is there. I'm taking this out! Boom. Dat smacktalk

Srs though, would be great to have a lot of people in one hotel. Also, I might be staying until Monday this time if something is planned. Cricket/Footy/Gaming w/e it may be. I'd probably need someone to drop me off on Monday if I did that though, since Aero usually leaves Sunday night.

Would really love to get some dates on this though. Just so I can work stuff around. Perhaps the dates have been posted but Idk where they are. Also, anyone got any idea on if Apollo is coming? Love that guy <3

By the by, Wave is bloody legit guys. Don't take him easy cause this guy is like Australia's Mr. R. Dude has all the fancy stuff.

Come at meh, BC <$
Apollo may come in the April one, same with Yoshi888/Nikes

Remastered

Smash Lord
As far as the lansmash website is concerned, this will be on the 6th and 7th of April 2013.

With a round robin event, singles will play throughout the day if it goes ahead. Kaion is very excited for a round robin event.

My house is almost always open, so to most it feels like a safe place anyway. I would be very keen for Smash-cricket on the Monday. I have nets/pitch near my place if anyone wants in on a days play after the tournament. (We just won't play on the good pitch so that fat guy doesn't get upset this time and rant for 20 minutes).

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Round robin sounds good to me as long as we have time. I'm pretty excited for something on Monday so if something gets planned, I'm probably up for it.

Also, if anyone else would like to stay with Aero, myself (and whoever else ends up staying), they are totally welcome.

April... good. Plently of time to learn that character. <:

Remastered

Smash Lord
We have been finishing hours early lately, so if we run singles from the start of the day, there should be plenty of time for round robin.

The best thing about round robin, is you really don't have to wait for matches until the end of the day. Everyone should be able to find someone to play against at almost any interval. It doesn't matter when you play your match, you just have to make sure you play it.

I will work out on the day if time will permit a round robin event depending on the attendance.

Edit: We can also do round robin pools, and the top 2-3 go through to final pool. That way it cuts down the need to play absolutely everyone. It will also allow for the top 8-12 to place from 1-12. Not two people placing 5th and four 9ths etc.

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
hah Jezmo.

Aerodrome said:
You... were going to do that with Matt.
Not completely, I'd been told BC and Nikes would be staying with him too. But hey if you guys really don't mind then sharing a room sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom