• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Smashplay will be both.
We have the venue for 10 hours. What could go wrong?

I'm thinking that since this PoO's just come and gone, that I'll make the event have no pot for either game.

Come in, pay $10 venue fee, then we'll just do two singles tournaments + Doubles for either one or the other (I'm thinking Brawl).

Or are people keen on a proper pot? Idk, I don't feel like making people pay money. I'd prefer everybody to just come and have a good time without money on the line.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
no pot is fine by me. also good thing it's melee and brawl, cause i was being like "damn, brawl tournament three weeks away makes organising a convenient melee date hard..."

should do two singles tournaments and draft crews for both games imo

no doubles

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
free doubles for both games and draft crews for both games? that sounds like the greatest tournament ever

i'd even play in brawl doubles if that happened.

BUT i could understand if some people wouldn't like that =[

sick sad people, but i'm sure they exist

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Now, this venue costs $200, so we need people to turn up.

Matt, do you think you and your siblings are going to show? If not, I'll probably downgrade to the old room which only cost $150.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Make Melee first so I can make it to Brawl doubles <3

Night time is easy for me.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Jaice is a maybe but he seems pretty keen to only head to majors now unless I come and drive him. Tiahn wont if I don't.

Your tv situation might be a bit of an issue now for brawl too.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I just met Jason from Unilan.

Its on at 19th sat 11am ~ whenever
Tourney starts at like 3 or something and there will be bomberman and casual stuff :D

That is all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Jaice is a maybe but he seems pretty keen to only head to majors now unless I come and drive him. Tiahn wont if I don't.

Your tv situation might be a bit of an issue now for brawl too.
So if that's a 'don't count on it', then I'll be downgrading the room tomorrow.

TV situation should be okay between myself, Testi, Kaion, H-dawg and Dif. We don't need 8 TVs, but your contribution was always very appreciated.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
rob, if i drag myself and hugh all the way from northside to gc for smashplay with two recording setups. would you drag yourself up to northside for a northside tournament a few weeks after? i'll even host you if need be.

vyse, unless my plans change drastically between now and smashplay you can expect me to bring one regular sized tv, one small tv, and at least one recording setup. might be able to bring josh, haven't asked him yet, but he's on my way and he said that he's motivated to get good at smash again.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I doubt it man, lol sorry, smashplay is a bonus for me because I usually have to travel so far anyway to get to a tourney. I appreciate the effort though, you guys are awesome.

P.S. I wanna team with Reuben next tourney he's at. And we should team sometime aswell dif.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
dang. longer than i thought. only took me an hour and a half to get to gc the other day all the way from northside. do you live like south gc? or does it take a while to get from your place to the motorway?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yea I live south side of gc and picking up Ryan takes extra time on top of that. It takes an hour and 30 if I leave from my front door to get to QSAC.

Hmm.. Don't think I can come to smashplay, gf is leaving for a week on the 27th. Shame it's not on the 27th lol I'd be there all day.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Due to some severe arm twisting by members of the community, I have been convinced I should come to the next tourney for various reasons.

Because it is free however, Jaice and I might split for doubles and play alongside someone else for this tourney. Jaice wants dibs on kaion if he can make it to the venue on time lol. Let us know if there is anyone though who wants to team with one of us.

Sorry about the late notice Vyse, but the small room will be a better price anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom