• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Events - Real Life Gaming November 24th

Remastered

Smash Lord
This is turning out really good. Gords and R4VEN = Hype.

Sorry Chris, I will send you a text whenever these are on from now on. I wasn't sure how active you are on the boards now.

I should have another 3 or 4 people attending who play as well so this tourney should be pretty big by the sounds of things.

Edit: Please note the finish time for this one too guys, I have other commitments that Sat night so I have to end it at 8pm. However I think 10 hours comp time etc is plenty to finish brawl and add in a few other events, like maybe a low tier tournament.

All events that aren't PR ranked or official events will also have a different stage list. For example, low tier will include Green Greens and Pirate ship, at the request of players in the community when discussing the final ruleset. This should add hype to extra events too.

Gords

Smash Champion
Wow an 8pm finish for a tourney. I havent seen that in ages. Although most of the tourneys I go to are for both melee and brawl.

Nat and I have our own place now so we could potentially house you gords.

We have a guest futon.

:phone:
That would be great Anthony. This makes me about 80% sure I'll be there but I won't know the length of my stay for about another 2 weeks.

It will probably be a Friday morning/noonish arrival into brisbane/goldcoast. And will probably need to leave Monday morning. Will there any other things happening that weekend?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Cheers Toki haha.

Hopefully now we can start to ignite brawl again in QLD. Bring the hype!

The best 2 characters in Brawl as an alliance, this **** just got real.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
MK and Snake teaming? Never heard of that combination before D=

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Best team is yatterman a yatterman b.

Oh, guess I should start a thread tonight to talk about meets at mine soon.

Tournament after party at mine?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Sounds good Vyse, also do we have a date for the next Lansmash? That way Oldman and I can work out when to hold the first Sacred Realm tournament over the next couple of months.

Luigi & Ganon clearly are broken. Stomp into Shoryuken = Death to all who oppose them. No combos, no approaches, just straight killing power.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thanks for coming to the housewarming guys. I think once I've got my schedule bashed out a little I might start a new thread for regular meets at mine.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Sending out info for LD 2 or the official first LD tournament today. I hope to have flyers done up as well to get people in from the public who are interested but don't know we exist. I want to make it a slow increase so I can make sure I can support the number of players who are attending at my place.

Will be a pretty big number in attendance for the next all brawl tourney. I'm out Sat night for another Bday, so Sunday should work for me.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Btw guys Screamworld is on the night before. Any interest? I think the smash scene could do with outings like that as a group.

Remastered

Smash Lord
As much as I love Picto for my chars, it should never have been included in the first place. What blows me away though, is that they still consider PS2 as a viable choice for a competitive stage.

I sway more and more towards a 3 stage, as nuetral as possible, stage list every time I play now. If it wasn't for Diddy, I would play every match on SV. It does take the fun away with less stages though.

@Cal: Really busy with uni and friends birthdays atm. Too many people I know born in May. I do like the idea of all of us doing something outside of Smash as a group though.

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah this is the 28th right?

i now have confirmation that i am available from friday through to monday morning to be in qld.

so Vyse are you able to house me from friday night to sunday night, as soon as i get this confirmed i will book flights.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh it's the 28th of this month?
That night I'm meant to be celebrating my 21st. lol.

Also 28th is an examination day for me.

Hm.

Gords, give me a day to mull it over.

Gords

Smash Champion
are we celebrating your birthday at your place on the 28th vyse after the tourney?

also if you dont want to house my friday night so you can studay that is fine, ill see if i can find somewhere to stay for friday. what time sat is your exam?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
are we celebrating your birthday at your place on the 28th vyse after the tourney?

also if you dont want to house my friday night so you can studay that is fine, ill see if i can find somewhere to stay for friday. what time sat is your exam?
1. Going out Saturday night

2. I'd like the house to myself friday night. So if you can snag 1 night's housing, that'd be superb, but if not, no biggie. Just means I have to ignore you all night Friday though. You'll also need to find your way to mine, but that's not hard.

3. Exam is all day Saturday during the day. It's a practical one that's about IS Consulting.

Gords

Smash Champion
1. Going out Saturday night

2. I'd like the house to myself friday night. So if you can snag 1 night's housing, that'd be superb, but if not, no biggie. Just means I have to ignore you all night Friday though. You'll also need to find your way to mine, but that's not hard.

3. Exam is all day Saturday during the day. It's a practical one that's about IS Consulting.
1. i assume that is, us smash friends are going out for your bday sat night, and where, will i need money if this assumption is correct?

2. ill try to find somewhere else to stay friday but even if i do end up at your thats no probs staying out of your way, i could actually do with the study time myself, heck im going to be studying on the flight anyway. and friday during the day.
can you PM your new address please so i can find you, thanks.

3.:( guess your not going to the tourney then.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Ok Oldman, any dates in particular you have in mind? I just know that June is exam block for most uni students, aswell as us having a late May tourney, and an early July tourney (about a month).

I can do any weekend in June that isnt the 11th & 12th, and the 18th & 19th. Otherwise Vyse or Kaion might have to supply TIO for the brackets on those weekends.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I'm not fussed, I could have a meet the first weekend of june and the tourney on the last weekend if that suits. Whenever most people are free, I'm pretty flexible. What's TIO? lol

Top Bottom