• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Events - Real Life Gaming November 24th

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh yea Matt, I have a mate thats interested in smash as well, haven't vs'd him yet but he thinks he can beat me haha. I'll sling him around to the next Brawl tourney. He's really enthusiastic... Like that sonic guy we had, Greenstreet was it?

In the end it's just a silly game right? So why not make it enjoyable while playing. That's why I like to play games competitively, it adds to the fun factor. It all it does is frustrate you then there's no point playing =P

Splice

Smash Hero
smash whether it be blawl or gelee is just a ****ing video game geez
What does that even mean?

It's a leisure activity/hobby that I have a lot of fun getting better at and id prefer it if the scene didnt die lol k?
my post was really only at attila anyway so...

And to continue from what Hotdogs said, I wouldnt have played the game in the first place if i didnt find it fun regardless of competitive, but now that im good at it (sorta), being competitive certainly does add to the enjoyment.

Does Greenstreet still play? Didnt he come back for a bit? Did he leave again? :C

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Greenstreet came back for a bit... Then he disappeared... Foreveeeeer.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Lol Scott do you mean Segafreak?

It just comes down to peoples interest and enjoyment level.
Im not playing at the moment cause im simply not interested in it, im not enjoying playing so i have no interest in improving or in continuing to play. Most things come in phases (lol cycle) so its not like people wont come back, myself included.

Melee on the other hand i am enjoying and have a quite the desire to get better

Hotdog

Smash Lord
QLD's never srs, it's why we're so bad at everything compared to Melb and Sydney... Cept for MvC 3, we beast in that.

Matt I have 2 more friends that play smash with that one guy I mentioned earlier, they're pretty keen for some competition.

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
Id like to have both events on the one day at LanSmash from now on.
It worked really well last time.
Its easy enough to fit it all in on day.
Then people can play the other game if they want too, no ones making them.

Id still really mostly wanna come to Matts for for Mario Tennis, Kart, Party, random bs multiplayer games.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Vyse will still be running Lansmash, so it will ultimately be upto him. I didn't mind the events on the one day for a smaller tournament. If there are a lot of people in attendance, then it doesn't work for timing etc. Start times for each event have to be clear and precise before the day begins to work effectively though.

As I start my tournament early in the day, there is always time to play other games after the events. No restrictions usually on finish time too :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It'd be cooler to have melee and brawl tourneys but it makes more sense to have straight brawl seeing as its in his house and he has limited space.

Not sure about the future of QLD brawl though. If, me, oldman, jaice, matt and tianh quit the scene like we said we were gonna do a few months ago, there'd only be toki, cal, popdart, blade, vyse, jesmo and arrow left really. We'd have to get some new people into the scene if we're to keep it alive as I don't really see it being sustained like this for more than a year. In the space of a year, at least half the scene has quit.

SWH though.
Getting new people won't happen without a regular place for smash meets. That is to say, trying to attract people is rather dumb if people can't say with confidence "let's go to a meet this weekend".

For the past year and a half, the scene hasn't had a very regular meeting place to just play. Things will change soon with any luck.

:phone:

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Id like to have both events on the one day at LanSmash from now on.
It worked really well last time.
Its easy enough to fit it all in on day.
Then people can play the other game if they want too, no ones making them.

Id still really mostly wanna come to Matts for for Mario Tennis, Kart, Party, random bs multiplayer games.
lol that was fun, apart from the fact that my stick was hard.

Controller stick

Remastered

Smash Lord
How do I add a 'hidden message' box into a post. I want to add one below the ruleset so it doesn't take up an uber amount of space in the first post and stretch the screen. I need to edit the ruleset being used too so I can't just link it. Can anyone help? :(

Remastered

Smash Lord
Can those people working on the ruleset with me put in their last few comments etc in the discussion group. I will finalise it this week and post it, and then work out the first official tournament date for the near future.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Will let my 3 mates know about this. Might tag along with them if I'm not busy that day.

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Just read the rules. I'm assuming stage list is the same for singles and doubles. No hanenbow or pictochat makes me sad :(

And I know that they're bs stages. They're still fun though.

Remastered

Smash Lord
@ Hotdog: No worries, give them my number if they need details too.

@Pop: Rainbow Cruise has also been removed. I personally love Picto for D3, however as you said, it is a bs stage. Hanenbow wasn't included in this ruleset, as it has been removed on the universal ruleset. (Not saying the universal ruleset is right in all regards, they had PS2 on it, but this was a restructure of the Unity ruleset).

Gords

Smash Champion
Wow these sound really fun. I want to come to this but won't know if I have the time and money till about a week before it happens. Although if I can get someone to house me while I'm in Qld that would greatly improve my chances of being there. I miss Qld and would like to come visit again..

yeh, in the past year, we've lost 6-8 regulars and only replaced them with 3 so it's defs not growing
really that's heaps. What 6-8 regulars have left?
Also what as happened to DJCats and his meets, is he even around anymore or is he one of these disappeared regulars?

Gords

Smash Champion
I know DJ had to move but is he still involved in the scene. I haven't heard from him for ages and last time I was in Qld he only briefly showed up at LAN.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Wow these sound really fun. I want to come to this but won't know if I have the time and money till about a week before it happens. Although if I can get someone to house me while I'm in Qld that would greatly improve my chances of being there. I miss Qld and would like to come visit again..

really that's heaps. What 6-8 regulars have left?
Also what as happened to DJCats and his meets, is he even around anymore or is he one of these disappeared regulars?
Yeh, well, there's a couple of people who wouldn't call themselves brawl players and were melee players but were still on the brawl pr.

Pretty much Amaterasu, Jbirds, hotdog, rocko, scrubs, kas have gone/stopped playing and alot of irregulars like yokai, kickflip, ghost and many others haven't come (from what i know of). I remember when i first started going to brawl tournaments there were 15 - 18 entrants and there were higher quality players present but now we probably get 11 - 13 and the scene in general is pretty poor with regards to notable players.

Gords

Smash Champion
does Amaterasu and Jbirds play melee now though? as in are they still involved in the smash scene but not brawl as much. scrubs still plays melee right, i never did see him as a brawl player. same with kas.

and really, hotdogs doesnt play brawl anymore?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
amaterasu is busy doing med stuff iirc. jbirds still plays melee (lots of melee). scrubs still plays melee, kas hasn't been around for a couple of months now, getting real life **** together i think. hotdog plays mvc3 a lot, he's seen at tournaments every now and then (playing mvc3 in the corner) and still frequents the board but doesn't play much smash at all anymore.

Gords

Smash Champion
wow yeah Qld smash really has droped off quite a bit,

anyways ill try to come up for this, those meets at matts place were some of the best and it would be good to catch up with vyse, arrow, matt, jaice, tiahn, and hopefully DJ.

will let you guys know for sure closer to the date.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nat and I have our own place now so we could potentially house you gords.

We have a guest futon.

:phone:

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Imma get this off work :D

Unlike the last one which I only found out about when I read the results.

:glare:

Top Bottom