• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

JAtz

Smash Rookie
Hey, we might be able to bring a gamecube, but other than that no sorry, do we bring our own controllers? and we hope to give some people are ride for there money. :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hosting Needs and Accomodation Suggestions

Hosting

Hosting is something that all tourneys with interstate players need to consider. Of course certain people are going to need housing more than others. Why? Because they're travelling interstate to get here! We want to make their stay in Queensland as cheap as possible.

The following require housing before anyone else:

Redact
Jei Jei
Kulla
*Hzrd*
Greenstreet
GORDS

The following people have indicated their willingness to host

Amaterasu - 1 Person
(Is hosting Jei Jei)

K-0S - 2 People
(Accepting applications for hosting)
1. *Hzrd* + girlfriend

DJ Cat - An undetermined number of people. Can apparently house a number of people.
Applicants:
Kulla
Redact
GORDS

Greenstreet + 2 friends take secondary priority.

---

There's also Luke Atyeo and Reindex coming from the ACT as well.
So who's going to step up?

If Greenstreet + friends aren't going to need housing, GORDS could stay at K-0S's place with *Hzrd*, and our ACT visitors could stay with DJ Cat.

Of course this is me speaking on their behalfs, it's entirely up to them what they want to do.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i will ask the lads tomorow whether they wanna stick around. so u'll know soon. wat about recording matches?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Greenstreet:
Have you tested the DVD recorder with a wii?

A lot of the time, DVD recorders will affect the performance of the TV, so usually we don't use them.
Test it out, and if you're able to record fine, bring it along.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Zippady-do-dah, zippady day, my oh my what a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine, coming my way (?), zippady-do-dah, zippady-day...
I dunno wtf it goes like.

SUNSHINE LOLIPOPS AND RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE!

Only 4 weeks away wwwooowww.

As I said before I would host but I don't have fun at my house and it's ages away from the City.
Has Ben said he can't?
And I thought Andy was gonna host Jei, and I doubt anyone else.
And Nick could host someone but he lives in the Gold Coast lllol.
Unfun, I say, unfun.

Edit:

Do you usually stay sick for an entire week?
Seems weird, I thought you only stay sick for a couple of days then you're good.
Poop.

Edit 2:

I think I should've know how to spell it.
Lol Andy.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Zippady-do-dah zippady-day.

I can try to host Jeiz0rb. But I've got the woman and I'm not much of a Brawl god these days.

Gords

Smash Champion
@Vyse
About accomadation, so does this mean I am currently booked in to be housed at DJ Cats with Kulla & Redact and if so how certain a this. If my accomadation is already figured out then I will get right on to booking my flight up ASAP so I can score the cheap seats.

And thanks everyone to whom are offering to host, it's great to see so much support within the community, especailly to those who aren't from QLD.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yep, that's about it, Gords.
Pretty sure it's certain, unless 2 other people randomly come and wanna be housed you've got priority, and anyway you're 3rd, so even if some randoms did wanna come you'd still be in, lool.
Unless of course it was CAO/Jei, CAO/Jei get infinite priority. But I think Ryan would house CAO, lul. And Andy would raep Jei.
All of you should rock up to Zac's and demand to stay the night. :D

Say hi to Fran from me~

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Vyse
About accomadation, so does this mean I am currently booked in to be housed at DJ Cats with Kulla & Redact and if so how certain a this. If my accomadation is already figured out then I will get right on to booking my flight up ASAP so I can score the cheap seats.

And thanks everyone to whom are offering to host, it's great to see so much support within the community, especailly to those who aren't from QLD.
Smashers look after their own.

We all realise that travelling interstate is a costly venture, so I hope that when I go to NSW for a tournament, you'll help a fellow smasher out?

: P

Yeah, if you can't stay with DJ (Highly unlikely as he specified that he can house X amount of people, I think 3 people is comfortable for them), you can stay with Accelerate.

:)

This week I'm going to head to the venue again and take some snap shots of the new room.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
yep, That's About It, Gords.
Pretty Sure It's Certain, Unless 2 Other People Randomly Come And Wanna Be Housed You've Got Priority, And Anyway You're 3rd, So Even If Some Randoms Did Wanna Come You'd Still Be In, Lool.
Unless Of Course It Was Cao/jei, Cao/jei Get Infinite Priority. But I Think Ryan Would House Cao, Lul. And Andy Would Raep Jei.
All Of You Should Rock Up To Zac's And Demand To Stay The Night. :d

Say Hi To Fran From Me~
Or We Can Go To Zac's House And **** His Dog.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
What's this talk about housing me?
Chris said he's very comfortable to house me, I wouldn't mind staying a night in Brisbane while I'm there.
Like Andy's, I had a great time at your house.
I'll be turning 22 while I'm there and I think Bryce is taking me out? I'm not sure I haven't seen him online in ages to talk to him about that. Either way I'll most likely spend the night in Brisbane if then if the night manages to become interesting.

Oh there *may* be a change of plans, I am *possibly* driving up with Devil instead of flying up alone if he can manage to get the time off work. Otherwise I'll just fly up but I'll know in the next couple of days. So there's a chance, Vyse, that you'll need to add Devil onto the attending list.
Then ya'll see how a Wolf should really be played ;)

Sirias

Smash Champion
God, I hope he isn't anything like Doug.
UNFUN CAMP.
But effective nonetheless.

No I'm just saying you get priority IF something happens OR if you ever come up, ya know? :D

OTHER people on the other hand DO NOT.
BECAUSE THEY ARE FHAGS!
FFS!

I don't like Zac's dog in that way.
Maybe if it was a Husky.
Or Red Border Collie.
Or just a Collie.
Or Sheltie.

Gords

Smash Champion
Smashers look after their own.

We all realise that travelling interstate is a costly venture, so I hope that when I go to NSW for a tournament, you'll help a fellow smasher out?

: P

Yeah, if you can't stay with DJ (Highly unlikely as he specified that he can house X amount of people, I think 3 people is comfortable for them), you can stay with Accelerate.
I would love to support fellow smashers so when smashers come to sydney I will also do what i can to help, which includes convincing my mum to let a couple of people stay at my place, but i dont think she wont mind she is really nice. We even hosted some pilgrims for world youth day when it was in sydney about a month ago so i dont think there will be a problem there.

Its great to hear that I look pretty sure that i have accomadation, Ill book the flight first thing monday night after work (as soon as i get paid) to let you know when i will be getting there and what nights i will be staying in Brisbane. As I mentioned before though i will be comming straight from the airport to the venue on the Saturday morning.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Gords said:
I would love to support fellow smashers so when smashers come to sydney I will also do what i can to help, which includes convincing my mum to let a couple of people stay at my place, but i dont think she wont mind she is really nice.
Far out, me and Zac are taking that spot. <3
Thx. C:

I'll come down and crash at Bob's when everyone's there.
Wwweee~~~

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
ok i've been recording some stuff and it seems all fine, except i cant take the dvd onto my computer which is odd.
playback on the player is fine tho...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Although DVD recorded footage is good, it's not as good as using a camcorder to hear the audience

JAtz

Smash Rookie
Hey Vyse, how will the competition go down, is there going to be a bracket made?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh wow, I haven't actually specified that yet in the rules.

To make it clear, it will be a double elimination bracket for all tournaments, using the TIO tournament software.

JAtz

Smash Rookie
Double Elim? okay no worries, will there be actual seeds done? just random, and theres no possible chance that we dont have to play our own friends first up is there that would be really annoying -_-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Double Elim? okay no worries, will there be actual seeds done? just random, and theres no possible chance that we dont have to play our own friends first up is there that would be really annoying -_-
Since this is the first Brawl tournament in QLD, this will be what future seedings will be based upon.

I could draw up some seeds, but I think that would be unfair, as I'm basing it purely on my own perception of people's abilities. I think two face said it best when the most unbiased thing in our world is luck.

I might use the top four from the small tournament earlier this year and seed them accordingly, but that's about it I'm afraid.

JAtz

Smash Rookie
ahh ok np. We were just hoping to not vs eachother first up as it would be a real drag to lose to a friend we can vs anytime of the week over a completely different brawler from bris/aus

Sirias

Smash Champion
WHAT?!
Are you saying you're not friends with everyone by default?
Gawd.
What's wrong with me.
No wonder I get raeped so easily.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
No no, everyone I vs is a friend =P
Anyway, why is it easier for ppl to go to the Brisbane airport compared to the Gold Coast one, or is it just cheaper?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i think a seed policy shud b in place where i am put straight thru to the finals due to my lack of skillz.

Gords

Smash Champion
where is the gold caost airport and how long does it take to get to venue from there. I ask becuase when I go on the air travel sites it doesn't show a destination for The gold coast only for Brisbane.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Traveling from Coolongatta Ap to Helensvale is a real *****. The buses go like slow spaghetti. Don't do it. Catch the train from Brisbane Ap instead.

Sieg

Smash Champion
The train will take you to within a kilometer from the venue. It's pretty much across the road and down the main street.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Oh wait, isn't the venue in the Gold Coast anyway, though?
So wouldn't it be better to go to the Gold Coast Ap?
Brisbane train would take like 2 hours.
I don't really know about the Gold Coast, one, though, and I'd imagine Dave would.
I'd've thought there were trains to the Gold Coastian Airporttt.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
2 hours on 2 trains > 3 hours on 2 buses and 1 train. the only thing that makes the GC airport trip bad is the wait time and the fact you have to walk onto the highway to catch the bus from GC airport. it's badly planned, and if you're not good with navigating you will simply get lost

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It won't take 2 hours, maybe an hour and a half train time, then a 15 minute walk to the venue. Okay, so maybe when you think about it...

Either way, I'd recommend the Brisbane airport as well, since the train system is virtually attached to it, no buses involved.

Swapping over at Central station is the only hard part, but all you're doing is exiting one train and entering the Gold Coast express train.

---

The following require housing before anyone else:

Redact
Jei Jei
Kulla
*Hzrd*
Greenstreet
GORDS
Shaya

The following people have indicated their willingness to host

Amaterasu - 1 Person
(Is hosting Jei Jei)

K-0S - 2 People
(Accepting applications for hosting)
1. *Hzrd* + girlfriend
2. Shaya

DJ Cat - An undetermined number of people. Can apparently house a number of people.
Applicants:
Kulla
Redact
GORDS

---

Now that we've gotten this far with housing arrangements, now's the time where we need to be figuring out arrival times, travel methods, etc.

We've got to keep on this guys!

Top Bottom