• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD Autumn LAN 2k9 | Melee/Brawl | Results Page 45

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
QLD has like:

Syke [Marth]
ACCELERATE [Falcon]
Scrubs [Peach]
King Kong [Sheik]
Vyse [Sheik/Falco]
Sirias [Marth/Fox/anything rofl]
Moose [Peach]
Amaterasu [Fox]
AussieRob [Falcon]
DJ Cat. [Falcon]

List could go on, there's plenty of us to choose from (Like Rune or Michael, or anyone lolz)

What about OoS?

Caotique [Peach]
Gords [Sheik]
Jei [Yoshi]
Meteor Master [Ness]
LeishaChu [????]

If we wanted, Dino could rep OoS, so could DJ technically.
Which of the rest of the OoS'ers can play Melee?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Pssh as long as Amterasu and Accelerate only take max of 4 stocks each we will be fine...
we can hope right?
So like obviously we aren't doing that stupid 1 mk/snake rule then?
I hope you can beat Amaterasu, I'm relying on your Snake haha =D

You can only use 1 char for the whole thing yea? if so I'll be reppin' Kirby!

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
I managed to get the game second handed so I can practice now (I technically don't have a Wii or a TV however the people I live with do, so I just use theirs).

I doubt I'll be playing Sonic, I've been trying a few characters and I may have found a different secondary (I only ever really played Sonic for lols [honestly, 85% of my Sonic game is Dash attack > run away > Dash attack]).

As for OoS, I am technically from Victoria and nothing is making me not go to Melee, I just haven't played for a long time.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
lawl... i haven't played melee in too long, it will be a disaster if i play....

Anyone want to teach me better melee skills? 0=) or at least to an extent where i wont get owned too badly xD.

wooo 13 more days till lan smash XD and 11 more days till I go Queensland yaaay

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ill be playing melee in the name of victoria too! marth is the main, fair is the game...

lol, sif im gonna practice though

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
mmm yeah screw practising for melee then xD ill see if cat or someone staying there can help me with simple things, lmao... gawd melee will just be embarassing ;_;

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Twelve days away. Get hyped.

I was gonna stay the night at DJ's the night before the tournament but I just realised that I need to bring my equipment too :(

Oh well, it might work out better this way.
I was gonna try and do Uni work the night before at DJ's as well LOL.

Gords

Smash Champion
anyone staying at DJs, ill be wanting to play more melee than brawl, it would be good practice.

also vyse, do you drive?
and what are you doing wednesday 20th?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I have to come on the wednesday night to cats now, the flights are just waay too expencive.. =| i gotta let him know soon since its like a week away, bleh

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll talk to him at some point tonight if you don't catch him.

@Gordon: Wednesday's are typically my longest days. I start work at 7:30, finish at 11:30, head to Uni (which takes upwards of an Hour and a half), sit in Uni Lecture/Tutorial til about 5.

I'd love to catch up/do something, but I'm fully booked since right now is crunch time for a lot of QUT students (Like myself, Arrow and Scrubs).

Also James(Yokai) said he may not make it because of work. Though work johns in his position is acceptable seeing as out of the $350 or whatever he makes a fortnight, $250 goes towards fortnightly rent alone.

EDIT: Also no, I don't drive. Dad won't take me to practice johns.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I arrive on Friday night at 9.45pm! I need my sleep so I can cuted teams with Chris on Saturday morning, so no funsies for me until Saturday arvo onwards

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
^_^. yay, ill be coming up to Queensland on the Wednesday morning with T-Rex. =3 should be really fun, and i might consider doing some practise if i can be bothered =P

Sieg

Smash Champion
Also James(Yokai) said he may not make it because of work. Though work johns in his position is acceptable seeing as out of the $350 or whatever he makes a fortnight, $250 goes towards fortnightly rent alone.
Bull****, thats not possible lol. It's way under the minimum wage, even if he was on a traineeship.

What the hell does he do these days?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Bull****, thats not possible lol. It's way under the minimum wage, even if he was on a traineeship.

What the hell does he do these days?
It's called balancing Uni and working to earn enough money to live on. He works at Beacon Lighting.
Go have a chat with him sometime :)

Also, Me and Sieg to win Doubles.

There, I said it.

Hmm, I feel like making new sigs for us.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Has to be Bacon more like it. In the sense that he needs more. And Bacon = Money.

This is why you stay a shut in at home until you finish uni lol.

New sigs would be nice, but I hate sig laws, so you probably wouldn't even see them.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Some people live in circumstances where living at home isn't possible.
Though, I'll let James talk to you about that rather than talk on his behalf.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I know about said circumstances, I was just noting said fact for other people who want to move out after school lol.

But I digress, back on topic I thinks.

Michael for Top Tier at everything. Also doubles. Get hyped.

GaW ftw.

Gords

Smash Champion
I'll talk to him at some point tonight if you don't catch him.

@Gordon: Wednesday's are typically my longest days. I start work at 7:30, finish at 11:30, head to Uni (which takes upwards of an Hour and a half), sit in Uni Lecture/Tutorial til about 5.

I'd love to catch up/do something, but I'm fully booked since right now is crunch time for a lot of QUT students (Like myself, Arrow and Scrubs).

EDIT: Also no, I don't drive. Dad won't take me to practice johns.
bummer, ok well we will have to get some team friendlies/practice before doubles then.

Gords

Smash Champion
@Gords: Uh, I'm teaming with Sieg for Brawl Doubles :(
Sorry bro.
"You cut me deep Vyse, cut me real deep".:(

Ok well it loos like I am going to need a brawl doubles partner now that the diddy duo are no longer together. I main diddy and TLink.

Also Moose.
Have I got confirmation yet on whether you want to team up for melée?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Saying that you can't quote because you'll be infracted is like saying you can't drive because you'll get pulled over for speeding, or you can't go into a library because you'll get kicked out for being too loud, or you can't play smash because you don't want to hurt your fingers. If you're mindful you'll be fine.

If you're so mindful that you're going to make some offhand comment about it everytime the issue comes up, chances are that when you want to make a post with your sig in it, you'll have the clarity of mind to double check like the rest of us do. I mostly don't post my sig anyway, despite everything that's in it (three formatted links and a randomised sig).

I didn't want to rant, but the offhand comments at the end of all the posts bug me.
[/rant]

That being said, I'm pretty excited :)
Also Gords and Moose are gonna raaaaape Melee Doubles. I can feel it.

EDIT: Odd, my sig didn't post with this post. Must be the auto-sig disabler, though, I don't why.

EDIT2: Haha, the extra line of text made it work! ^_^

I think if you put in ****eloads of text formatting, the auto-disabler won't let your sig through unless it's well and truly big enough.

EDIT3:

This is the code for my sig:

HTML:
[COLOR=#fed061][CENTER][URL="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179708"][SIZE=1][COLOR=#fed061]| Diddy Kong: The Facts, Must Reads and Videos![/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1] | [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCu_RB0dyU"][COLOR=#fed061][B]Vyse Grip: A Diddy Kong Combo Video[/B] |[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[/COLOR][CENTER][img]http://a.random-image.net/vyse/sigsswf.jpg[/img]
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6499540&postcount=3"][COLOR="Plum"][B]>> Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends. And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Smasher dream. <<[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/McFox9/grimer.gif[/img]
Which comes out to be this:

Which as you can see is indeed a lot bigger than say, a single line of text with an image. The auto-disabler script isn't perfect, but it works if you put in a lot of formatting.

What I'll do is, I'll make sigs that won't show up unless your post is of a significant length in the first place. The easiest thing to do would be to make like 4 sigs for yourself, put them all in. Obviously they'll all get cut off bar one, but it'll serve as a kind of buffer to make sure the auto-disabler does its job.

EDIT4: In case you were wondering, the magikrap sig was put in there by an admin back when Chaco and I were harrassing the populace with our declaration of war against Grimer.

Sieg

Smash Champion
You people do realise when you quote you can turn off your signature right?

Tbh if it's THAT annoying ask a mod to turn off the auto-sig when you quote or something.

No need to post a tirade on about it lol.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
hey all,

me and my bro might rock up cause we havnt seen your friendly faces in o so long. apart from you antho! you stay away from me at the train station you stalker. can somone give me the details i honestly cbb looking at the 1st page...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
hey all,

me and my bro might rock up cause we havnt seen your friendly faces in o so long. apart from you antho! you stay away from me at the train station you stalker. can somone give me the details i honestly cbb looking at the 1st page...
Remember where you saw me when I said I was at a Streetfighter Comp?
That place. Springwood Hotel.

Also I hope you guys pre-reg'd on the website like I asked you guys to because it is now FULLY BOOKED. Does this mean I can't attend if I didn't? The answer is, no, probably not. I estimate that not every person in the 90 signups on LanSmash is gonna make it, but I'm not gonna promise anything either :p

I emphasised it on the front page, so you can't blame me.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
How can you tell if you registered or not, cus I clicked the link ages ago and got this confusing calendar thingy. I had an account signed up and stuff but that doesn't seem right.

EDIT - oh never mind, found the signups roster :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah the link changed, I noticed that myself just before.
At least Sunday is practically unbooked still :p

I'll change the link later methinks.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll just ask Syke to give me his Saturday signup since he doesn't intend on coming to Saturday at all. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom