• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
I love Lucario's ablity to get stronger as he gets more damage. I often get juggled until I have around 100% dmg then I can turn the fight around and slaughter them with much stronger attacks. But I can't figure out the dmg to power ratio. I'm sure this has been asked before, but can someone tell me at what dmg %s Lucario becomes stronger?

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't he get even more stronger after that? I see 3-4 different power levels in Lucario. 72% seems about right, but there's another somewhere between 100-120 and I think he gets even stronger than that around 200 dmg or something. Besides sudden death I haven't ever taken more than 220 dmg with Lucario so idk if he has a cap to his power increasing.

Browny

Smash Hater
72% is the magic number IIRC.

Stupid jetlag keeping me up *sigh*
Uhuh... what do smash researchers do exactly?

To answer your question Psycho Meta Knight, Lucario gets stronger from 25% to roughly 168%. His power increases with every single % he has but the increase in damage is so small its hardly noticeable, it will take over 20% to see an increase of just 1 damage in some attacks.

The easiest way to understand it, is that at 24% Lucario is doing 1x damage. at 168% he is doing 2x damage. For any % inbetween, he is doing [(current % - 24) / (144) +1]x damage. To simplify it a bit further,

0 to 24% = 1.0x
50% = 1.18x
75% = 1.35x
100% = 1.53x
125% = 1.70x
150% = 1.88x
168% and beyond = 2.0x

To emphasise, there are no %'s where lucario suddenly gets a boost in damage, there is only the minimum and maximum cap.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Alright thanks. I had no idea it was like that. I don't get the 168 though. Such a weird number to stop at. Why not 170? Or is that just the way all the math works out...

Browny

Smash Hater
Im not 100% sure but I believe at any % beyond 168 all his attacks do the same as 168. However It's also possible that his attacks continue to increase in strength to something as high as 180 when attacks do fractions of damage. Like a 168% fsmash might do 20% while at 175 it does 20.4%, which you wont be able to tell easily when figuring this out in-game.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Yo guys, whats good for really learning the dash grab range.

I've been whiffing it overestimating it or grabbing past people ><

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What about the fact that I tested all of those %?

Browny, what's gotten into you lately? You seem more aggressive.

Browny

Smash Hater
Agressive eh?

What can I say, I'm biased towards evidence. Also, refer to my title :p

We all know that Lucario's damage is not limited to integers, it goes up in % to decimal places. This however is not difficult to test, it bugs me a bit that this hasnt been done (afaik), I'll do it when I get home tonight.

If you do 20 full charge fsmash tippers at 170% and 20 more at 180% and the total damage is the exact same, I'll concede I am wrong.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
This has been tested by at least three different people at different times being myself, ColinJF, and Micheal Hey. We've all found the power caps at 170%. You can test it out yourself, but... You're wasting your time in my opinion. You can also use Micheal Hey's blog to figure out stuff with decimals.

Ye olde thread of brawl Mechanics:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557 said:
3.4 Aura Multiplier

This is the formula for the aura multiplier:

where

In coin mode, each coin counts as a stock for the purpose of the stock multiplier.

The damage multiplier is in the interval [0.7, 1.4]. It is 0.7 for all damages <= 20% and 1.4 for all damages >= 170%. It is exactly 1 only when the damage is 75%. A very good approximation for the damage multiplier can be found by reading the value from this chart:

For example, the damage multiplier for 95% is 1.09.

This chart was created by using quintic interpolation between some exact values that we worked out.
Mike Hey's Blog: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=14256

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I miss bear posting here.

I should get him back again.

just for a day or two, for ****s and giggles.

He was a ****** lol but he got the point across

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody use ASC in their game? I have seriously thought about it and I have found some pretty neat although situational uses for it but I haven't seen anybody else use it. What is the current conception about the move overall?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
How do you do the b reversal with so much momentum?
for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJRJy2VMUcg at about 1.20 in
Fast fingers and practice. There's no real secret, unfortunately. You just have to practice to the point where you can do it so fast that you keep most of your momentum.

Does anybody use ASC in their game? I have seriously thought about it and I have found some pretty neat although situational uses for it but I haven't seen anybody else use it. What is the current conception about the move overall?
Well...

charge AS on idiots. Guaranteed combo into anything.
That's pretty much it. If you want, you can try using it as a ghetto anti-pikmin shield, or as ghetto shield pressure, or some other niche use that I can't be bothered to remember because it's 6AM and I spent all night finishing up Tales of Symphonia (godly game).

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it quite helpful while forced to land next to shielding opponents assuming it is charged nearly full?

Also, ToS is boring *flees*

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Isn't it quite helpful while forced to land next to shielding opponents assuming it is charged nearly full?

Also, ToS is boring *flees*
Not really. If you're being forced to land there, you should airdodge, wavebounce away, dair, nair, or forcepalm grab as you land. If you can't do any of them, just prepare to SDI the punish. Aura Sphere charge takes 19 frames to have a hitbox iirc anyways, so you're best off not using it unless your opponent is stupid and doesn't know how to SDI out of it or lets his shield get eaten.

Also, the Tales Of _______ series isn't for everyone. I actually got my copy free from a friend because he isn't a fan of that style of gameplay and gave it to me.

emery

Smash Cadet
Fast fingers and practice. There's no real secret, unfortunately. You just have to practice to the point where you can do it so fast that you keep most of your momentum.

kthanx.
I can do it with a little movement but not enough lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Well...

That's pretty much it. If you want, you can try using it as a ghetto anti-pikmin shield, or as ghetto shield pressure, or some other niche use that I can't be bothered to remember because it's 6AM and I spent all night finishing up Tales of Symphonia (godly game).
^This
It's really hard to find a use for ASC since there isn't a omg hitstun advantage, it's slow + bad range, and doesn't really get much of a reward (in fact, staling FCAS kinda stinks), I have seen it used decently against ICs (since Nana's stupid lol)

n!njaAttack!

Smash Rookie
Ok so I'm practicing how to wall hang on FD, and yoshi's island. Now I have a bit of a problem. Sometimes When I try to wall hang...2 things happen.

1)Lucario, faces in the direction of the wall for less than a second and SD's himself.
2) When using ES at the wall, Luca either slightly bounces off the wall in a ball and SDs himself.
What am I doing wrong?
P.S. This usually happens in FD.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ok so I'm practicing how to wall hang on FD, and yoshi's island. Now I have a bit of a problem. Sometimes When I try to wall hang...2 things happen.

1)Lucario, faces in the direction of the wall for less than a second and SD's himself.
2) When using ES at the wall, Luca either slightly bounces off the wall in a ball and SDs himself.
What am I doing wrong?
P.S. This usually happens in FD.
I made a thread on this for Yoshi's.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262231

For FD, the trick is to aim near the BOTTOM of the wall, or anywhere pretty much below the mid-way point on the wall. If you aim at the top you get caught in the corner and will immediately detach and most likely die.

/Kitamerby forgetting to switch out of Kinzer's account

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
serious question, can anyone tell me where a good video of a campy falco v. a good Lucario is? 0zz v. Trela seems a tad too aggro for me to learn from, and I have a good underrated falco in my area that is pretty much "mini-DEHF", and I want to reconstruct my knowledge on the MU.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Ummm if Lucario has a stock lead does he still get aura boost if he's at high percent? Or does he get an aura boost but not as much if they were same stock?

Top Bottom