• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! *PRE-REG. CLOSED* TOMORROW! Ally+Swordgard+Holy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Ally, your CF, my Link mm? two bucks.

*edit* oh shiiiii Culex vs Ally CF ditto mm... They're record is 1-0 Culex. lets see how it goes this time. Can Lucky Lombardo cinch it? Or will Extravagant Elliot tie it up?

All i know is... Reversed falcon punch edgeguard -> "Nooooon!"

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
whoa whoa whoa. 57ish people for melee, and 5 tvs and cubes? come on guys, i know some of you are coming in cars. people in cars are the ones who should be bringing the tvs.

also nightmare, just show up, be a little tired, take a nap after pools or something. the early schedule isn't enough reason not to show. we're all young, we can afford not to get 9 hours of sleep every night ;)
I'm bringing a Wii with Melee and Brawl... idk but I guess no one saw my post >.<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
(reggie you stopped reading at page 75)
Just so you know, I won't be in the same state that I was in last time we played.
Consequently, you should start thinking about a good counterpick for match 2.
I'm not nice to play against when I'm on limit break.
I've got this whole elaborate plan to gay you.

And several backup plans. Each more overly elaborate and exotic than the last.

idea

Smash Master
I'm bringing a Wii with Melee and Brawl... idk but I guess no one saw my post >.<
yeah, that's good. i was mostly talking to the people who have the capacity to bring tvs, but so far are not planning to do so. those people are very important in helping the tournament run smoothly.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
If we do that, something stupid could happen like someone who should be a 1st seed getting 2nd seed, which would imbalance the entire bracket. Doing this also does not seperate regions.

Handmade is the way to go, all pool seeds are taken into consideration but player skill also very important. Last tourney hype got 2nd seed, we balanced it manually so that hte bracket was fair

Sf4 most likely shoryuken rules
winner sticks to character
loser can change
what he said, no im not saying this for posts

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
If we do that, something stupid could happen like someone who should be a 1st seed getting 2nd seed, which would imbalance the entire bracket. Doing this also does not seperate regions.

Handmade is the way to go, all pool seeds are taken into consideration but player skill also very important. Last tourney hype got 2nd seed, we balanced it manually so that hte bracket was fair
Oh I see, but isn't that a little flawed? This is my point of view.

I assume hype is really good. If hype got 2nd, then it means either the pools weren't balanced and there was someone better than him in the pool, or there was someone that beat him legit. If the Red Wings get 3rd place at the end of the season, they shouldn't have the right to fight 8th seed just because they are so good, they'd have to fight 6th seed. It's not fair for the 1st-2nd seeds, since they tried so hard to get on top, but instead of getting the joy of fighting a lower seed, they have to play a stronger team because everybody thinks the 3rd seed is the best. Bottom line, the Red Wings ****ed up. =/

Anyway, everyone should be trying their hardest to get 1st seed all the time. It's a bonus to fight a lower ranked opponent when you worked so hard to get on top, the pools are there for a reason.
You seed people by skill and region in the pools, then in the brackets you align the top seeders of each pool in the bracket so that, if all goes well, they meet in the later bracket rounds.
You can still make associations like Pool A's 1st seed vs Pool B's 4th seed, and if we have issues with region, have Pool A's 1st seed by Pool C's 4th seed instead.
I think the first factor to make brackets should be pool results, then region, while making sure that skill is evenly spread out so that the top players are separated from each other until later in the brackets. If a player ****s up in pools, then it's his fault. He will have to fight one closer to his skill level earlier, but that's the normal consequence.

When ally lost in winners really early in vbrawl at some Mtl tournament, it (and i quote) "screwed up the brackets", because he just ***** through losers, taking out a lot of good players that would have gotten further in losers if Ally had stayed in winners. People blamed him because he went MK and didn't play snake against someone. In my opinion, the people who complained had no right to. People shouldn't complain, and people shouldn't complain when a pro gets 2nd seed in a pool because they messed up, it ain't cool to the people under them that tried. Ally took a decision, decided to play MK, and lived with the consequences. Too bad for us, he already knew he'd win, but had it been someone else, it would have been perfect for someone to rise up to the top of the list.

fun fact: I somehow managed to get 3rd or 4th at that tournament (I don't remember exactly, I didn't even want to play in the tournament).

brb i'm gonna take a dump for elef

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo!

What do I need to do to register for Melee and Brawl+?

Simply go to the doubles column and put + for Brawl+ and M for Melee?

Please let me know soon, don't really want to read through 80 pages and if somebody could quote me and tell me what it is I need to do, that'd be great.

/rushedpost

idea

Smash Master
go to the website, make an account, then follow the biggest link in the first post and it should be clear. you can put a checkmark beside all the games you are entering, but i put melee in the doubles field too just in case.

so do you still play yoshi in melee or what =P

.Marik

is a social misfit
go to the website, make an account, then follow the biggest link in the first post and it should be clear. you can put a checkmark beside all the games you are entering, but i put melee in the doubles field too just in case.

so do you still play yoshi in melee or what =P
I checkmark boxes?

Okay, sure.

*Edit*

Thanks, I re-registered.

*Edit 2* I checked the boxes for Melee and Brawl+, that should be good enough right?

I main pink Falcon and secondary Luigi and Yoshi.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration

I assume hype is really good. If hype got 2nd, then it means either the pools weren't balanced and there was someone better than him in the pool, or there was someone that beat him legit. If the Red Wings get 3rd place at the end of the season, they shouldn't have the right to fight 8th seed just because they are so good, they'd have to fight 6th seed. It's not fair for the 1st-2nd seeds, since they tried so hard to get on top, but instead of getting the joy of fighting a lower seed, they have to play a stronger team because everybody thinks the 3rd seed is the best. Bottom line, the Red Wings ****ed up. =/

Anyway, everyone should be trying their hardest to get 1st seed all the time. It's a bonus to fight a lower ranked opponent when you worked so hard to get on top, the pools are there for a reason.
You seed people by skill and region in the pools, then in the brackets you align the top seeders of each pool in the bracket so that, if all goes well, they meet in the later bracket rounds.
You can still make associations like Pool A's 1st seed vs Pool B's 4th seed, and if we have issues with region, have Pool A's 1st seed by Pool C's 4th seed instead.
I think the first factor to make brackets should be pool results, then region, while making sure that skill is evenly spread out so that the top players are separated from each other until later in the brackets. If a player ****s up in pools, then it's his fault. He will have to fight one closer to his skill level earlier, but that's the normal consequence.

When ally lost in winners really early in vbrawl at some Mtl tournament, it (and i quote) "screwed up the brackets", because he just ***** through losers, taking out a lot of good players that would have gotten further in losers if Ally had stayed in winners. People blamed him because he went MK and didn't play snake against someone. In my opinion, the people who complained had no right to. People shouldn't complain, and people shouldn't complain when a pro gets 2nd seed in a pool because they messed up, it ain't cool to the people under them that tried. Ally took a decision, decided to play MK, and lived with the consequences. Too bad for us, he already knew he'd win, but had it been someone else, it would have been perfect for someone to rise up to the top of the list.

fun fact: I somehow managed to get 3rd or 4th at that tournament (I don't remember exactly, I didn't even want to play in the tournament).

I went GW =l

idea

Smash Master
I checkmark boxes?

Okay, sure.

*Edit*

Thanks, I re-registered.

*Edit 2* I checked the boxes for Melee and Brawl+, that should be good enough right?

I main pink Falcon and secondary Luigi and Yoshi.
that's probably fine.

and okay, i know how to deal with falcons :bee:

I.B

Smash Lord
bringing a cube but I lost my Melee disc. if anyone has a spare, please bring it.

edit: David, you'll get your cables @ this

Mikey7

Smash Lord

I didn't completely read the whole post just skimmed through alot but heres my thing:

We know how good Hype is, hes top 5 in gta. I'm not going to take the risk of him playing doc 2nd round just because he screwed up one time. He still gets seeded as a second seed, but where he is in relation to the other top 5 pr players is accounted for manually.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
i think this is gonna be the first tourney i come first and leave last, just to get my moneys worth on that buffet....

=D hopefully theres a breakfast buffet

EDIT: Brampton should be in charge of pools and bracket making ahahahah

.Marik

is a social misfit
and okay, i know how to deal with falcons :bee:
:(

But... but... manly pink Falcons?

Troll, I need to discuss the carpool thing with you.

If somebody could house me, I'll probably crash at your house the night before. I don't think many people are too keen to be arriving at a videogame tournament at 9:00 in the morning.

:V

nickcam

Smash Ace
Yo ill make the brackets for real. It will consist of tinman vs hype 3 and everyone else will be randomed. Who cares who u gotta play if u lose then u lose, if u win well then u win good job no *****ing about o i shouldnt have to play this guy. Stfu and TINMAN VS HYPE 3! GET HYPED!

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
bringing a cube but I lost my Melee disc. if anyone has a spare, please bring it.

edit: David, you'll get your cables @ this
Yo, teach me how to play melee

edit: lol sylar clearly wins over everyone on the registrant's list

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
LOLOLOLO
Why? if you really need it I'll PM it to you.
why does it matter u chode wanting to know there to get melee roms and brawl roms
to play on my comp and pratice and use AR to be cool cause imm cool like that

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
M@rik I can't house you but I'll just pick you up at like 8:00 in the morning or some absurd time...
I agree to this, if I wake up earlier, and didn't just jump out of bed, I think I'll play better. I'd rather not stay up all night again; but waking up early as crap like 6 am, so I've been awake a couple of hours and brawl a few hours the night before or in the morning before we leave should set me in the tourney mode, so if you pick up M@rik that early I'll join you guys.

edit: lol if I stay up again all-night I'm gonna need a friggen pillow...

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
press A to attack, B for special attack, L or R to sheild/dodge/airdodge, C stick to smash, K or Y to jump, Control stick to move, run, crouch, jump, etc, Z to grab, and up on Control pad to taunt

:lick:
How thoughtful of you Tin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom