• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! Melee Results Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Who the **** cares about Brawl we play Melee, not Brawl, not balanced Brawl, not Brawl+, not Brawl-, or whatever the **** kind of strange permutations they created off Brawl's extremely hackable skeleton.

I.B

Smash Lord
ggs though :p I have 2 other scrubs to flame for being dumb and unrespectful right now.
lmao, i seriously hope you're not counting me as one of those. re-read my post please. Idea said people used to talk about vBrawl the same way you talked about Brawl+, and all I said was people still do say those things.

I have yet to see anything "dumb" and "unrespectful" in my post...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I tried really hard to convince Godbot he's gay this one time.

It didn't work, but I think I could have bent him if I kept at it.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Weon x <33333
glad you're doing fine
good **** on getting 5th, you're ****
See you someday back in South America dude

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Oh and thanks Raynex for ****** me badly in melee, I was very close to quit Melee LOL. it upsets me when I can't do stuff I want to do but my controller just sucks for Melee.
When you're playing RaynEx, it's not your controller that can't make you do stuff you want to do, believe me :laugh:

my butt still hurts

weon - X

Smash Ace
Weon x <33333
glad you're doing fine
good **** on getting 5th, you're ****
See you someday back in South America dude
haha i ****ing love u dude, hopefully we'll reunite vina allstars one day hahaha, they we're only together for one night, but it was legendary xd

unknown522

Some guy
Good turnout. Thanks for the comments and shoutouts people.

Here's my shoutouts:

1: Kirbykaze - good job winning the tourney and a close set in teams. You won the tourney that mattered the most atm. I'm also sort of glad to see that my bracket preditcion was mostly right for the top 5. I think it would've been nicer for me if it was wrong though....

2: RaynEX - good job placing second, teams, and ****** me in bracket. I didn't get to see your SF4 matches. Also, while I was sleeping, someone ate that brownie that you bought for me. It's definitely 50/50 between my mom and my brother. I doubt my sisters took it.

3: Blunted_Object10 - good job getting third and ****** me in bracket. Sucks about the venue change. Good times at my house and a story to tell of you randomly coming down here. If I can get a job soon, I'll come to BC.

4: Unknown522 - play better.

5: I.B - GGs in teams. It sucks that your plan didn't work out too well. We also didn't really talk/chill much at this. Next time.

5: Camilo - Good job placing in the money. It sucks that I knocked you out twice at this, while you were playing bad. SDs all over the place. Train up man.

7: Idea - Fun weekend, hanging out, playing and whatnot. Good job on your placing.

7: Zen - Good job on your tourney wins. Doing better.

9: PKMVodka - We didn't get to play GFs in teams. We'll chill next time.

9: AfroChris - I was surprised that you made it that far in the bracket where I faced you. Good job. Also, good work on getting the vids up quick.

9: The Alaskan Marmid - lol wtf kind of name is that? I know you're better than this even with your rust. It was fun talking/hanging around. We didn't get to play. If you're still around, I'll see you.

9: X - Sylar - X - The greatest. It was fun chilling when we did. We'll get kyle to host when you want to come down, lol.

13: Leek - GGs in pools. I saw you doing pretty well in your matches. They 3-way tie was a *****.

13: SD - GGs. Hope you learned something.

13: Sanuzi - Thanks for hosting and organizing everything. You'll do better when you're not distracted.

13: Summonedfish - We didn't play. Next time I see you then.

17: NDOT - We didn't play. Come out to fests when you can.

17: RestInPeace - I assume you're the ganon that I played before we left. You should introduce yourself, lol.

17: Chester01 - It was good talking to you. It sucks that you couldn't stay longer. I was looking forward to the teams matches.

17: sauc3 - I didn't know you were there, until we were leaving. My bad.

17: Marcaface - It was fun hanging out with you. It sucks about the tourney though.

17: Thatguy - It was good seeing you again. I'll most likely be at your tourney. Keep up the marth.

17: Pointman Rob - GGs in pools and teams. It was also awesome seeing you again. It's been too **** long.

17: Sleaf - read your brother's comment.

25: Ally (DQ) - What happened?

25: lawlb0t - It was good talking to you. Also, thanks for the help early in the day.

25: 4serial - We didn't talk much, but it was good seeing you again.

25: Cyan - GGs in pools, and those teams friendlies.

25: Nightmare - GGs in pools. Those mistakes really sucked ***.

25: Sexy Baby Panda - Lol wang.

25: Ministry - We didn't talk much at this. We'll get some games in next time.

25: Blur - Nice to see you. We didn't talk much, but I hope you had a good time.

Steve: did you find your car keys?

Adnan: lol adnan. Fun chilling man.

tameka: Great time chilling with you. I didn't get to say bye, we were in a hurry.

C 3: Always great chilling with you. Thanks for the drinks btw. I also wanted to see your SF4 matches.

Stos: Good times. Pick up your phone ****it.

Jenny: Nice to meet you. It was fun talking/chilling. You're jokes.

PeterX: All dai son. Good to see that you came.

Anthony: GGs in teams friendlies.

Wayne: GGs in pools.

Hoo%: GGs in pools as well.

There's people that I'm forgetting. My bad.

unknown522

Some guy
double post:

good post kage. I know bernard's been through (or is going through?) the same road that you mentioned.

Also, Nate (lawlbot): Bernard vs me in LB is on your laptop. It should be a red fox and a blue fox. They're both the same color as the ports.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lol just realized someone stole my cubes memory card at this...so much for practicing melee

some people in this scene are ****ing losers my god a memory card seriously? >_<

Cyan_

Smash Lord
To Unknown522, Had to play Brawl singles, Brawl Doubles, Brawl + singles, Brawl+ doubles, so I couldnt play my melee match in time and got DQ ;-; its fine though, glad I tried. lol
we didnt get to do melee MM. =[ but i'm sure you were really busy all tournament anyways :p

lol just realized someone stole my cubes memory card at this...so much for practicing melee

some people in this scene are ****ing losers my god a memory card seriously? >_<
wow **** whoever did that + stole fool's wii. so stupid.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not sure if it's a tourney that mattered the most though Ryan. I mean you are still missing a few players and it looked like a bunch of fail overall from what I've heard.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Good stuff winning singles David! Good stuff winning dubs bernard/ryan!

wish you guys coulda got on the livestream/projector... too bad. Dunno how it ended up being so behind. Wierd.

Someone told me that a GC died during a important match. Is there videos of this? lollll

idea

Smash Master
Good stuff winning singles David! Good stuff winning dubs bernard/ryan!

wish you guys coulda got on the livestream/projector... too bad. Dunno how it ended up being so behind. Wierd.

Someone told me that a GC died during a important match. Is there videos of this? lollll
my gamecube has been officially retired.

there was even this crazy red text box that showed up on top of the gamecube logo when it was turned on before the matches are started. this happened twice, then when afro restarted it and tried to record that, it wouldn't do it anymore. so it even failed at failing.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
lmao, it failed at failing. =O That was jokes.

Oh yea Kyle, I DID play you that day. I played your Falcon in like 3 friendlies at David's house.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Not sure if it's a tourney that mattered the most though Ryan. I mean you are still missing a few players and it looked like a bunch of fail overall from what I've heard.
It was the biggest in terms of pot size and we also had Blunted. It was also very well done... up to the teams LFs, and singles WFs, LFs, and GFs.

I mean, all we were really missing were you, Bam, and Vwins. And WNY. In terms of outside talent that we might get at a local, that's about it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It was the biggest in terms of pot size and we also had Blunted. It was also very well done... up to the teams LFs, and singles WFs, LFs, and GFs.

I mean, all we were really missing were you, Bam, and Vwins. And WNY. In terms of outside talent that we might get at a local, that's about it.
I've heard otherwise from my side. They told me the tournament was run with epic fail, to the point where they didn't care anymore.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
my gamecube has been officially retired.

there was even this crazy red text box that showed up on top of the gamecube logo when it was turned on before the matches are started. this happened twice, then when afro restarted it and tried to record that, it wouldn't do it anymore. so it even failed at failing.
yo that was so gay, i wanted that so badly, it was unheard of, the game cubes red screen

Sanu

Smash Champion
I've heard otherwise from my side. They told me the tournament was run with epic fail, to the point where they didn't care anymore.

Get with the times, the melée tourney ran fine while the brawl side ran like ****. Some people have the need to continously complain no matter how much good is done. I already apologized for the minor mistakes that occured, but I suppose it isn't enough. Implying that tournament that I ran was complete **** is highly offensive and rude, especially after all time I devoted to it and thereby the community, so I'm going to assume that you're misinformed.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I can see why they'd think that way. There were a few things that really hit the tournament hard, including the "buffet", which needs no explanation, and the time setbacks.

I think for future events we should really contrive to take the SF4/Brawl/BlazBlue/every-tournament-in-existence route and DQ people if they're not at their match within 5-10 minutes. Waiting over an hour for one person screwed us hard and I really don't want this mistake to be repeated. I think the tournament could have been much better if we had that hour+ to spare. Granted, it would probably have been like 45 minutes or so with the other hold-ups (people playing multiple games), but we definitely could have finished both events on time.

I think to alleviate this issue, we need to setup a time where people can get food. We kind of already do this, through pools, because there's usually a big gap between the teams events and singles pools when people last-minute register for teams because they're dumb and when teams and singles pools are seeded and organized, but I think announcing it would be good. Especially if we're doing the seeding for teams at the same time as the seeding for singles bracket (which sometimes happens; not sure if that was the case for this event).

I think with mistakes we did okay overall up to the finals of both events (LFs and GFs for teams, all three of them for singles). We had to rush people to matches but... eh... that happens.

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
Thanks everybody for the great tourney + good times! Shoutouts:

1: Kirbykaze - Congrats on getting first! Thx for teaching me more bout the shiek vs marth matchup. Even tho i get owned, it was still really fun and I always look forward to playing you. See you at york!
2: RaynEX - Ridiculous fox! Had a hell of a lot of fun playing you. You know all my moves even before I do =/. Im learning from our matches :p, don't worry, I won't ever try to chase a fox again haha. Thx for the fun games!
3: Blunted_Object10 - Wow, I wish I got to play you, thanks for coming by to Toronto, it's pretty awesome and it definately spiced up the tournament. Hope you visit T.O again! Have a safe trip back though.
4: Unknown522 - Hey thanks for playing those last minute matches w/ me. It was fun and I'll definately get better for next time.
5: I.B - yoooo, you teach me so much, giving me tips and training me in game. It's awesome. It's just as awesome when I get to watch and observe your tactics and methods. Thanks sooo much for teaching me all the time. Don't worry, next time I see you I'll have more results :p. (nts: maybe bring a notepad next time)
5: Camilo
7: Idea - Yooo playing you changed my perspective on jigglypuff. Can't wait to face you this coming Wednesdays for the next 3 months! It was great fun facing you. **** ur edguarding lol.
7: Zen - Yo man falco dittos was epic. Next time we really needa play our mains instead of each other's mains lol. Congrat's on ur sick placement.
9: PKMVodka - Yoooo good games. It was so much fun facing u in tournament and in friendlies. You kick ***. I'll get better next time you come back to T.O. =D I'm looking forward to playing you again.
9: AfroChris - Sry I didnt play you yet, ur falcon scares me a bit haha. I'll challenge you next time :p.
9: The Alaskan Marmid
9: X - Sylar - X - Yooo Peter, we never got to play friendlies! Next time man, and definately when I get back to loo this summer as well.
13: Leek - Yoo train me some more! Ur fox is too fun.
13: SD - Learn from this tourney.
13: Sanuzi - Hey man, thanks soo much for setting up this tourney. The tourney's not perfect of course and people are allowed to point out flaws, but it was definitely NOT FAIL. Certain ignorant ppl need to learn how much **** and time it takes to run a tourney, as well as recognize all the various successful points before they deem it a failure. Thanks again for organizing and just know that you did a good job.
13: Summonedfish - yo man we didn't get to play >__>. Next time man.
17: NDOT
17: RestInPeace
17: Chester01 - Hey, I havn't met you but you're from Quebec too right? Thanks for coming by! I hope I get to play you next time, hope you had a safe trip back!
17: sauc3 - Yoo ur jiggs is so scary. I was fortunate for the failed rests. Look forward to playing you again for some intense battles.
17: Marcaface
17: Thatguy
17: Pointman Rob
17: Sleaf
25: Ally (DQ)
25: lawlb0t
25: 4serial
25: Cyan - Hey, it was actually pretty intense playing you, especially on Rainbow Cruise. I've never played there in tournament before. It was pretty fun and pretty close. Hope to play you again!
25: Nightmare - Hey, sorry I didn't get to play you, wanna MM next time?
25: Sexy Baby Panda
25: Ministry
25: Blur

Adnan - yoooo, never knew you had such a sick peach. It actually felt like I was playing an uphill match up =/. I wanna face you again, I'll get better, don't worry :p.

Alan - yea, i unno which one up there is ur tag so I'm writing yours seperately. It was really fun facing you in pools. Yoo take me to brinstar again next time hahaha. Most epic fail counterpick ever, you hit lava like twice as many times as I did =D. Good games man, cya at York.

I'm sorry if I missed your name, or if ur name's up there but there's nothing it means I either havn't met you or I can't remember the face/person for the corresponding tags =/.

But thanks again to everybody for a great time and making this tournament a memorable event.

Top Bottom