• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! Melee Results Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
David, don't get over-confident or let it get to your head. Just know that when you play, it's still anyone's game. If you don't think like that then you will get frustrated when you lose any game, trust me on that one. =P Also try to not to think of yourself as a champion either because that puts too much pressure on yourself and you tend to choke way more than you should.. It's a useless burden pretty much. Go in as a challenger and try your best always. =P

I'm saying this because I have gone through the same and I don't want you to make that mistake.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Kirbykaze - Good **** man. Sorry I played so terribly in pools.
RaynEX - Good playing you again
Blunted_Object10 - It was nice meeting you. You seem like a pretty cool guy. Sorry we didn't get to play a full match
Unknown522 and IB - Good seeing you again. Next time I need some friendlies with you guys.
X - Sylar - X - Thanks for the friendlies. I always seem to do crazy techs when playing you.

People from my pool (SD, B-mack, Alan, Blur etc.): Good matches. I wish I could have been a bit more warmed up so they would have been closer.

The people I played friendlies with: I had fun with those. I think that I'm improving from those.

Josh: Good **** running this tournament.

Special shoutout to infzy, annsy, F=ma, Walrace and Summonedfish: Thanks infzy for the ride. 'twas cool meeting you and annsy and I had fun hanging out with you guys. Burger King afterwards was pretty fun.

Anyone else I forgot: Sorry 'bout that. It was great meeting you guys and learning from you all.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Very fun tourney, guys. Will edit for shoutouts soon.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Tourney was really fun. I learned a lot... I still have a LOOOONG way to go with this game.

shoutouts later

Also, someone PM me the link to that .iso with the hacked textures! It looks amazing.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
OH SNAP!
A tournament to remember. I'm very glad I decided to start playing Melee again.

Shoutout to my pool, Pool 8:
Europhoria/Mike "THE ALASKAN MARMOT", Zen, Sanuzi/Josh, Jonn, Tips

You are all very awesome people. I was very proud to be able to take a couple games from quality smashers and competitors such as yourselves. Here's to seeing you all at the next one!

Shoutout to Afro Chris' Van
Wang, Hoo%, Chaotic/Ken, Marco, Dre, NDOT/Scott, and of course Afro Chris

OH SNAP - mad lolz. Don't worry Chris, I won't mention the part where you cut that guy off and he was raging and honking his horn beside you for a kilometre. Or the 12.6 second drive from D&Bs to Ikea... Oh wait.... s*** sorry.

Shoutout to IKEA

You serve awesome food at stupidly cheap prices! You gotta leave IB alone though, he was just kidding when he said Get ***** -- You didn't have to retaliate like you did. :(

Shoutout to Dave and Buster

You two motherf***ers owe me some MONEY. Fighting for tablescraps isn't "all you can eat". Next time I come into your place, I'm taking something. You won't know what right away, but I'm sure you will notice eventually, and I'll be long gone by the time you do.

Special shoutouts to all the guys that gave me advice and added to my Book of Knowledge. I specifically want to acknowledge:

BluntedObject/Eric - West Coast? West Coach. Thanks for the tips during pools! Come 'round here more.
Idea/Kyle - Puff maiinnnn. I'll be hitting you up for more on the boards son, thanks for the pound trix.
RaynEX/Bernard - The page of notes I jotted down does not do justice to the amount of wisdom you were dropping on me. What you know could fill a book on its own.
KirbyKaze/Dave - Likewise, you are a fountain of knowledge. The page an a half of Shiek v. JPuff was immensly helpful in getting me familiar with a matchup I rarely get to see.

Lastly, Shoutouts to Ken and Afro
A couple phrases, to remember the hilarity.

- "1, 2, 3-f*** go again 1, 2, 3WTF ken you're going to early" shiek and jiggs syncronized gymnastics.
- Ken's Shiek vs Afro's character dojo. 30 minutes in the HBTC really does make you that good.
- Laughing at the footage: "Predictions! Dun dun duuun....... dun dun dunnnnn.... dun duhdun.... dahhhhhh DUNDUNUDNDUNDUN!" (Imadh you rule)
"Can I help you?"

P.S: To the rest of the GTA Scene, and all you guys makin regular appearances @ tournaments:

Train your Jigglypuff matchups. I'm coming for you.
<3

idea

Smash Master
I'm really sorry Ally, there was nothing I could do at the time :/

I should have DQ'd Kyle much earlier in the bracket. I suck as a TO, sorry.
lol, i'm gonna have to be more careful about when i go to get food. i didn't account for ikea not allowing me to get my food to go and then being a dammn labyrinth when you're trying to find the exit <_<

7: Idea: after like 4 tourny's u get ur first win vs my falcon

IKEA SHOUT OUTS

pkm,BO10, rob,imadh,sauce,charles, dre, ken, i feel like im forgettin some one, but btw, ikea is da **** sons
lol i went to ikea too. remember, i got that thing that was just bread and hummus and vegetables? disappointing meal.

Idea: Thanks for teaming it was fun
we almost had mike (europhoria) and jack (summonedfist) in game 2. if it weren't for that random nair...his peach doesn't scare me ;)

7: Idea: u ***** me in friendlies, ur jiggs is ****, im gonna have to work on that match up
thanks. the thing is though, i could tell you didn't know the matchup very well, but our friendlies were still close. =P

David, don't get over-confident or let it get to your head. Just know that when you play, it's still anyone's game. If you don't think like that then you will get frustrated when you lose any game, trust me on that one. =P Also try to not to think of yourself as a champion either because that puts too much pressure on yourself and you tend to choke way more than you should.. It's a useless burden pretty much. Go in as a challenger and try your best always. =P

I'm saying this because I have gone through the same and I don't want you to make that mistake.
agreed.

and heh, i didn't know anyone else used "=P" instead of ":p".

You two motherf***ers owe me some MONEY. Fighting for tablescraps isn't "all you can eat". Next time I come into your place, I'm taking something. You won't know what right away, but I'm sure you will notice eventually, and I'll be long gone by the time you do.

Idea/Kyle - Puff maiinnnn. I'll be hitting you up for more on the boards son, thanks for the pound trix.

KirbyKaze/Dave - Likewise, you are a fountain of knowledge. The page an a half of Shiek v. JPuff was immensly helpful in getting me familiar with a matchup I rarely get to see.
aha, nice shoutouts. the buffet did turn out pretty poorly. glad i didn't go in for that.

david will do things like sit down and figure out after what the percentage sheik can dash attack jigglypuff without jigglypuff being able to crouch cancel it <_<

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
ok tourney vids are up and ima make a montage this weekend but untill that time!!!!!!!

RaynEx & Unkown522(fox-fox) vs BluntedObject_10(fox) & KirbyKaze(shiek) round 1-5 Teams WF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkZdUz0e-U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw2b4rDAmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HO7wvg1fE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_0d7Xg7eU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5WWCWkByc

KirbyKaze(shiek) vs BluntedObject_10(falco) WF 1-3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAD75eg1ns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_SOA54E-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9KfleRwP4

RaynEx(fox) vs BluntedObject_10(falco) match 0 - 4 LF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoHGqoqzAf8 (this is the best)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr2-rOeG3Gc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh_AFb1Gt9M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXpwp3t4n0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkvc2EoRGa0 (lol eric's got the best cp strat "i took him to FD cuz its the final destination")

RaynEx(fox) vs KirbyKaze(shiek) GF 1-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpy6ruKE3jY THIS IS MATCH 1&2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5T6uWBQ4k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIOuSyVeRKo

:):) my super mega montage is coming soon :):)

Edit: kyle's cube to good

sauc3

Smash Lord
cracks knuckles ...

1: Kirbykaze - way to rep EC, your gay *** shiek will dominate smash one of these days,
2: RaynEX - awesome job, watched the vids, lookin really smart and technical as always, a deadly combination
3: Blunted_Object10 - comin down from *best* coast, good ****, your falco is insanly smart, definately its own brand,
4: Unknown522 - never got to play you, AGAIN!, we seem to have this weird habit of unknowingly avoiding eachother, which needs to be changed, hopefully we'll play at future events
5: I.B - we never got any chicken, or mario party in, makes me sad, fun friendlies, learned a lot, hopefully I'll pick a main soon, I'm thinking ganon, but we'll see, if I learn to techskill with fox I may go that route, awesome marth, nice placing too,
5: Camilo - holy **** you got 5th, who did you play this tourney? I bet your quiet, proper mannered personality gave to the upper hand against everyone you played, they didn't know what to expect, and you brought the ****. Wish we could have teamed, maybe next time if tristan isn't going.
7: Idea - never got to play, which sucks, reppin that puff, nice placing also, good ****, sorry about the food, I was feeling like **** after I ate at Ikea, pretty sure I got food poisening from those hot dogs,
7: Zen - o **** you got 7th, reppin 519, never got to play you but we'll get to play at SF5, venue is booked to get HYPED!
9: PKMVodka - fun friendlies, YOU DO ****, enough with that modestly ****, your marth is awesome, up B OoS is nuts, you're like the only marth I know that does it that well.
9: AfroChris - man you've gotten way better since we've last played, I'll have to step up my game for next time, and pick a main like you and everyone else has said
9: The Alaskan Marmid - euphoria in disguise, awesome marth, I felt like I was playin my best out of the entire day against you, and you still beat me, so good ****, livin up to the hype, hopefully we can play at future events
9: X - Sylar - X
13: Leek
13: SD - wish I hadn't gone for so many rests in our matches, I'll be sure to bring my A game next time, lookin forward to it
13: Sanuzi - thanks for hosting, somehow ran a 57 person tournament with 8 setups, have of which were brought by us, lol, thanks for driving aswell, really appreciate it, never really got to play you, but mad chills IRL, had a good time
13: Summonedfish - finally got to play, I was really impressed by your fox, very technical, my jiggs could barely keep up, work on that matchup, I'll work on picking a main
17: NDOT
17: RestInPeace - jiggs dittos haha, thats like my favourite matchup to play, good job gettin second seed though, for your first tourney thats really ****
17: Chester01 - ganon ****!, in all seriousness though you're way better than you make yourself out to be, you montreal guys seem to have this idea that you suck, far from the truth, had fun playin you hopefully I can make it down to your tourney
17: sauc3 - lrn2
17: Marcaface
17: Thatguy
17: Pointman Rob
17: Sleaf
25: Ally (DQ) - you were really smart while we played, you just need techskill, but that requires a lot of dedication to the game, and I'm guessing you're more into brawl, which is fine, sucks that you got DQed, you were in like every event haha, wish we could have money matched in brawl.
25: lawlb0t
25: 4serial
25: Cyan
25: Nightmare
25: Sexy Baby Panda
25: Ministry
25: Blur

adnan and timika (and *nyla*) - thanks a lot for housing me both days, and for all the free food I can't thank you enough it was amazing, good times, hope to see more of you guys are future events, much love

ikea - stupidly cheap hotdogs gave me food poisening, **** you

Europhoria

Smash Lord
People confused Marmot with Whiteman somehow.
Thanks to a lot of people for letting me use their controllers periodically throughout the day. Except Nate, your controller is horrible X.X I hope you can find 1 with a working B button. It was good to see people again.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
david will do things like sit down and figure out after what the percentage sheik can dash attack jigglypuff without jigglypuff being able to crouch cancel it <_<
I like knowing all the different ways I can kill Puff.

None of them ever work.

I don't think I'm better than Ryan or Bernard, I'm just happy I won. I'm pretty sure Eric is better than me too, since he was playing with Ryan's backup controller and didn't play good. I played him for at least 6 hours this weekend, probably more. He definitely won over half the friendlies when he was trying and I was trying so I'm aware he's probably better than me. There was also a venue change and a lot of crap that affected the outcome of the set, and I had a crowd of like 10 people cheering for me and, by association, against him.

Mercifully, I'm aware of all this.

Don't worry too much. I've got some experience with the "thinking you're the best, but then you put too much pressure on yourself and fail and get frustrated and stuff" thing too. Not from smash specifically, but from other stuff. I know the dangers involved. I'm also aware it's anyone's game. I wasn't playing by best in GFs and I was fully aware I could very well see a 6-0 comeback by Bernard if he just stepped it up and did that thing where he randomly turns his skill up three notches when he's losing and makes the most ridiculous comeback ever. Much to my delight, and his chagrin, he didn't.

<3 Roustane. Come to Toronto soon.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
thats a pretty important stat anyway since she can just rest you if she cc's it

hungrybox :(

idea

Smash Master
1: Kirbykaze -- good job winning. and...i dunno, i talk to you enough, can't think of anything else.
2: RaynEX -- come to york on wednesdays! and ^
3: Blunted_Object10 -- i think the first half an hour or so of our friendlies were the most i've ever been shield pressured before =/ too bad you were playing a bit off near the end. and sorry about my cube. honestly, it went from working perfectly to that somehow...i think that was even the first time we'd used it all weekend. anyway, hope you can come visit again, or that we can find a way to afford plane tickets to WC.
4: Unknown522 -- ^^^
5: I.B -- sooo close X_X good games. i wonder who you'll go if we play in tournament again? did you even go fox on anyone else that day?
5: Camilo -- you're pretty good...in our friendlies you were just kind of...methodical. oh, he's gonna go here now, fair. there he is, fair again. talk to you more at future smashfests and stuff.
7: Idea -- right, i should change my name soon. getting a bit tired of this one.
7: Zen -- lol, you forgot who i was. hopefully i get to play you at some point.
9: PKMVodka -- dk dittos on brinstar depths were hilarious.
9: AfroChris -- second match was much harder. stupid dash dancing. good job with the videos and the upcoming montage.
9: The Alaskan Marmid -- i guess no one else has heard of marmots before? nice to see you starting to come out to stuff again. (cause you will be at more things in the future, i can tell)
9: X - Sylar - X -- haha, DQ. too bad i was too drained to play out a fake-real set. you sure you can't come visit us occasionally on weekends? you must get SOME time off from work...
13: Leek -- didn't play you much. good job apparently getting 13th =P
13: SD -- see you at york. pretty good matches. jigglypuff's edgeguarding is hard to get used to.
13: Sanuzi -- great job hosting, even though you dq'd me, haha. you would be one of the other people i talk to all the time and so have little to say in shoutout format.
13: Summonedfish -- i haven't played you in quite a while, actually, even in friendlies. stupid peach and her ability to nair in the middle of being combo'd =P
17: NDOT -- hi. didn't play you either.
17: RestInPeace -- good job for your first tournament. maybe you'll be able to overcome parental johns more easily now?
17: Chester01 -- i wanna play you when you're not rusty >_< pretty sure i would have lost if you were still melee exclusive.
17: sauc3 -- didn't you see much. and yeah, i agree with everyone, pick a main. you can still have an alternate...hm, maybe make a pros and cons list for each character. i know i often feel like playing fox or falco but wouldn't want to actually pick them in tournament...
17: Marcaface -- lol game and watch. i wanna watch your game and watch vs. other people, though...he's my low tier and i've already learned one or two things from watching you in the past. like letting go of the edge and parachuting to cover a huge area.
17: Thatguy -- didn't play you...
17: Pointman Rob -- it always surprises me how much i have to say when someone asks me a question about this game. talk to you on the jiggs boards, probably.
17: Sleaf -- didn't play you...
25: Ally (DQ) -- hahah. too many games at once.
25: lawlb0t -- didn't play you either...
25: 4serial -- falcon jiggs is pretty dumb. especially if you don't dash dance camp me like afro =P
25: Cyan -- so are you switching over to melee, or playing both games? either way you seem to be coming along pretty well so far.
25: Nightmare -- *looks at bracket* ohh. that sucks. better luck next time. good stuff in teams =)
25: Sexy Baby Panda -- adnan? i guess?
25: Ministry -- hi. good to see you coming to tournaments and stuff.
25: Blur -- i think i only saw you once the whole time i was there.

:mad088:

Jer

Smash Ace
I didnt enter melee but i still wanna shoutout to some people

Adnan- Thanks alot for the housing both days, you and Tamika are amazing :)

Imadh- Great meeting you and playing you in a couple melee matches, you're too good

Sanuzi- Sucks that you had to rush out of Adnans so quick, but thanks for offering us a lift, nice meeting you :)

Raynex- We pretty much only shook hands, but it was nice meeting you :p

PKM- You're so good dude, don't be discouraged on your 9th place, you did amazing

Chet- You fail, you should make your next team name Grope and Hope m i rite?

I.B

Smash Lord
Josh - Good job hosting this tournament. It turned out better than we both expected I think. Try not to beat yourself up too hard over those losses.

David - Looks like you've finally snapped into SSJ. I'm trying to keep up but it's so ****ing hard wow. I'm so proud of you though man. Congrats on 1st.

Bernard - Sup? Didn't talk/chill with you much at this. It was fun playing you as usual, I'll give you a better challenge next time though. Congrats on 2nd.

Eric/Blunted_Object - It was very nice meeting you. You're a chill guy and really good at Melee wow. That set we played was mad epic haha. Congrats on 3rd and I hope I see you again soon.

Ryan - Yooo, we didn't talk/chill much. I'm glad I got my RaynFord fix though, nice set vs David/Eric. Hope we get to play next time.

Camilo - Yay you placed 5th, gj Camilo. You should've entered doubles with Sylar or someone. Good **** though.

Kyle - Oh ****, nice set! You had me worried after you beat my Marth. I had to bring out my janky Fox and play gay hahaha. Very nice stuff.

Arthur/Zen - Good to see you again. I'm glad I opened up your mind a little and made you realize some things. I wish you well on your improvement. And don't take some of my criticism too personally, I think alot of people suck lol.

Jason/PKM - Nice chilling and talking with you. You still amaze me as a player, regardless of what you may think. Those Marth dittos were something else haha, I haven't played a single Marth like that. Come down to T.O more often so we can practice.

Afro Chris - *****aaaa. Fun times chilling and playing doubles with you. I've gotten compliments on my teaching abilities so I know I'm doing something right with you, haha. Next time we'll beat Charles in that Van vs Legs race, k? Kneegroes ftw!

Mike/Europhoria/Alaskan something - It was good seeing you again. I missed playing your Marth tbh. I think I could've beaten M2K in at least a match if you weren't rusty and I got that good old Marth ditto practice. GJ beating the Kneegroes :( Don't beat yourself up over those losses. You can't forget that these guys have been practicing while you've been M.I.A, so it's understandable. Don't quit out though, the opportunity for you to practice regularly has been revived...so take it :)

Peter/Sylar - Yoooo my boy! So good to see you man. I'm glad you're semi-keeping up with Melee, you don't look too bad. I gotta get you out here in Sauga one weekend so we can practice practice practice. Let's try for a once a month or once every other month routine, k?

Paul/SD - One of my many students lol. You're definitely improving, good job. Remember those tips I gave you and keep working at it!

Jack/SummonedFist - Didn't get to talk/play with you much other than doubles. GJ beating the Kneegroes though.

NDot - Sup? We'll play more next time.

Reggie/Chesterr01 - What a noob omg. Get out of toronto, scrub. lol jk jk Reggie is awesome. I hope my dumb technical Fox makes you wanna practice in the room with your lights off :) Thanks again for the herb. Toooo good chillin with you guys.

sauc3y - Kurtissss! It was fun chilling with you this weekend mang. No Mario Party though :( Fun friendlies, hope I see you again soon.

Marco - Broooo, I'm gonna come over soon I swear. Stay the **** away from my Gatorade.

ThatGuy/Joel - Good to see you again Joel. I'm glad you've picked up Marth, you're pretty good with him too. Practice practice practice, I'd like to see Quebec pick it back up. Fun times chilling.

Pointman Rob - Haha fun times at Ikea. Hopefully we'll get to play next time.

Leak & Sleaf - Don't know which one of you I played, maybe it was both? I don't know, I gotta remember which one is which though :(

Ally - Suuup? Good convos and gj with that Falcon. Play Melee more!

lawlb0t/nate - Fun times chillin at the venue/Ikea. We'll play more next time homie.

4serial/Andy - My future student! Come over soon so we can practice. GGs.

Vic/Nightmare - Didn't get to play you. Good stuff for coming to the tourney though, you're getting better. We'll play next time!

Charles/C3 - We'll beat you next time *****!

Jer & Zaf - Nice meeting you guys, and fun games in Melee/Brawl+. Hopefully we'll see eachother again soon!

Nick & Steve - You guys are improving! I'm proud of both you, you're definitely catching people's attention. Messed up car situation but I'm glad you guys got out of it. We'll play soon.

Adnamekyla - Love you guys!

Ken/Chaotic - Fun times chilling, I'm glad you came. Good **** on those predictions too WTF LOL.

Christian/Stos - Oh that was your girl? I thought I recognized her.

Petah Ecks - We'll play next time noooob!

Everyone else - GGs and fun times!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'll post my shouts tomorrow.

Great tournament guys. : D

Bidoof.

That is all.
I second this.

I didnt enter melee but i still wanna shoutout to some people

Adnan- Thanks alot for the housing both days, you and Tamika are amazing :)

Imadh- Great meeting you and playing you in a couple melee matches, you're too good

Sanuzi- Sucks that you had to rush out of Adnans so quick, but thanks for offering us a lift, nice meeting you :)

Raynex- We pretty much only shook hands, but it was nice meeting you :p

PKM- You're so good dude, don't be discouraged on your 9th place, you did amazing

Chet- You fail, you should make your next team name Grope and Hope m i rite?
Next time we'll play or something Jer. You can **** me in Brawl. :)

Jer

Smash Ace
We'll play melee and brawl+, i dont play any of that vbrawl crap :p

Edit: Actually are you guys coming down to the tourney in MTL at the end of feb, that would be sick

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
We'll play melee and brawl+, i dont play any of that vbrawl crap :p

Edit: Actually are you guys coming down to the tourney in MTL at the end of feb, that would be sick
hold on

Brawl+ Is the worst 'MOD' ive played, a game that takes no practice at all and spam random move is not close to Brawl's level. Brawl+ is sad, it is also sad Top 3 in LBT2 didnt even play Brawl+ at all. Lol.

idea

Smash Master
to be fair ally, that's what everyone was saying about brawl when it first came out. ...and several months afterward <_<

I.B

Smash Lord
i'll add you but we'll talk tomorrow or something. gonna go play some poke sapphire :)

AllyKnight

to be fair ally, that's what everyone was saying about brawl when it first came out. ...and several months afterward <_<
Brawl takes practice, lmao. Stay with melee seriously, I wish you melee people would stay with your own game.

Thing is, vbrawl skills carry over to b+, so you guys do have the skill required to place high in b+
And you practice more than us and still place higher? Kingkong didnt even play brawl+ and outplaced most of you =.= Brawl+ is just spam spam, Brawl is more WAIT for other to make a mistake and punish, way different.

...and still do
What? Jiggs is top tier? I know lol.

AllyKnight

Im not gunna argue with you Ally because we <3 each other, but like if i had beaten Joel and had to play KKong i wouldve taken him out.
Xd you're right I'm not arguing with you, I just hate how I spammed Uairs on everybody =l Cept Rob ***** me LOL.ggs though :p I have 2 other scrubs to flame for being dumb and unrespectful right now .

Oh and thanks Raynex for ****** me badly in melee, I was very close to quit Melee LOL. it upsets me when I can't do stuff I want to do but my controller just sucks for Melee.

Top Bottom