• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Purge of Delusion: Vengeance of the Dethroned Emperor

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDIoQVrt8Y

Well, at long last, it's finally done. Took me about three months considering my filming equipment sucks (had to film it off the screen manually), computer sucks and just plain took forever getting prime footage against every character in the roster. I aimed to make it as epic and empowering to Ganon mains as I could; hopefully I succeeded. This is my first and last combo video, as so much time and effort went into this bad boy that I don't think I'd be up to it again. That, and I doubt I could top it.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys it. And I'm sure there are minor imperfections, but I spent next to three days editing and finalizing, so don't go just pointing out ridiculously small errors. D:

I also threw some of the match-up ratios in myself, such as TL being 25:75 as opposed to 35:65 and ZSS being 75:25 as opposed to 70:30. Aside from that, I stayed true to the match-up chart. I just really do not believe in my experience that TL is as doable as someone like Ness or Ike. <_______>

Anyway... enjoy, everybody! (lotsa commas lol)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I liked it.
Good music, too.
Though some of the opponents looked less good.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I liked it.
Good music, too.
Though some of the opponents looked less good.
Thanks a lot, Zigma. And I'm not afraid to admit I got desperate for any footage of a given character so I threw in a replay of a nub or two. :p But for the most part, I made sure the vast majority (95%) of the video contained solid players who knew what they were doing. :p

I. Loved. This.
Thank you, Bahamut. :D Glad to know you enjoyed it.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
That had to have been one of the greatest videos I have ever seen.

It inspired me to play more with Ganon again hahaha.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Good job Verm. I liked the clips, but I personally wasn't a fan of the "matchups" theme. Also, it was difficult to read the text if it wasn't against a solid background. Other than that, good showcase of your skills. *clap*

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Good job Verm. I liked the clips, but I personally wasn't a fan of the "matchups" theme. Also, it was difficult to read the text if it wasn't against a solid background. Other than that, good showcase of your skills. *clap*
Thanks, DLA. But just in case you were completely unable to read the text (wouldn't surprise me looking at it right now lol) the idea behind the theme is that the match-ups represent a hierarchy in which Ganon is ascending to reclaim his throne as king. So it's more than just gloating about his bad match-ups. xP

Thanks again though, DLA. Gotta figure something out for the text thought, because that is bothersome.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I loved that murder choke chain you had. I was like, when is it going to end!? Then it went on again!

I really like choke follow ups the most. I like the showing off of predictive skills more than getting a good combo--except some were, really sexy.

Once I get some device to capture my replays I will show my garbage off. >.> Someday...

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Good stuff I liked the combo's. The Music didn't get my attention but don't take that as an insult I am picky about music when it comes to combo video's =P. Also I disagree with a lot of your match-up ratio's but once again that's my opinion, but the one's that really stood out to me were Wario, G&W, and Diddy Kong. Wierd Ratio's in my opinion.

Good stuff though, you put a lot of time in it I can see, and I enjoyed watching it. Well done.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I loved that murder choke chain you had. I was like, when is it going to end!? Then it went on again!

I really like choke follow ups the most. I like the showing off of predictive skills more than getting a good combo--except some were, really sexy.

Once I get some device to capture my replays I will show my garbage off. >.> Someday...

XD

Thanks, Sprink. :D and yeah, I was so glad I got that replay. I was about two seconds away from missing the cutoff. D:

Also, I HIGHLY suggest getting a capture card. No one should have to scroll through tons of replays and manually record them. Such a gigantic *** pain. xP

@Fonzi: Thanks, man. And it's understandable. Some have commented thus far that the music gives it a very powerful, dark feeling, whereas others have said heavier music would've suited it better. As for the ratios, I was aware a lot of people would disagree with them, so no worries there either. :p

@@Home: D'aww... :333 *huggle*

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Truly amazing. That's an awesome vid. From the Chain Chokes to the Warlocke Punches, I loved it all. I think the music was spot on, for this type of character.

I lol'd when I heard the ending credits music, from one of Mortal Kombat II's stages.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Imagine Ganon in a Old School Mortal Kombat Game.
I wonder what his Fatalities would be like.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I was actually thinking a Shang Tsung-style fatality, but with more gore, of course.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I was actually thinking a Shang Tsung-style fatality, but with more gore, of course.
I prefer a Kintaro styled Warlocke Punch, severing them from the other half of their body, and the legs still standing, of course.

Second fatality would be to transform into the beast and ram them into the air, change back to Ganon and pull out the sword for a stylish impale, where he then proceeds to put the sword and the impaled body, behind his cape, where they're never seen again.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Or he can just do that turn around spin thing and a shockwave from his laughter makes their body melt and exposes their skeleton as it rots away from his awesome purple aura.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I prefer a Kintaro styled Warlocke Punch, severing them from the other half of their body, and the legs still standing, of course.
I'd reather have the opponent's torso explode instead:
Bodyparts everywhere, and, like you said, with that classic "Dude! The legs're still there!", of course.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'd reather have the opponent's torso explode instead:
Bodyparts everywhere, and, like you said, with that classic "Dude! The legs're still there!", of course.
Ganondorf is the only man that can justify the fact that your opponent just exploded into 3 ribcages, 5 brains and 3 legs after a fatality.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganondorf is the only man that can justify the fact that your opponent just exploded into 3 ribcages, 5 brains and 3 legs after a fatality.
That always happened in MK3 & Trilogy. I think I've seen 11 legs on the ground after Cyrax's "Chopter" Fatality, lmao.

MK2 was is more realistic, though.
Except for Cage's Bonus Fatality (Knocking off three heads).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Variety of combos, suitable music, and a nice theme.

You did a great job.

Did you come up with the text yourself?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That one is too crappy.
As far as dismemberment and brutality on a more personal level goes, absolutely. But for sheer wtf value, it gets a 10 from me.

As for individual disemboweling goes, Cyrax's chopper, Sheeva's skin peel and though it's not UMK3/Trilogy, Quan Chi's leg beat fatality in MK4 take the their respective cakes.

Ray_Kalm said:
Variety of combos, suitable music, and a nice theme.

You did a great job.

Did you come up with the text yourself?
Thanks much, Kalm. Much obliged. :)

And yes. They be my scribings. :p

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Aside from being on topic, the side conversation of Mortal Kombat, has me wishing Midway would make another one for the online factor, and for the 3rd Gen console factor.

Sending Armaggedon to Wii with no online was kinda is fail

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Aside from being on topic, the side conversation of Mortal Kombat, has me wishing Midway would make another one for the online factor, and for the 3rd Gen console factor.

Sending Armaggedon to Wii with no online was kinda is fail
They are. :o

MK9. It's a working title, but it's basically going to be the beginning of the retelling of the entire series. Ed Boon always wanted to tell MK from a more serious perspective, but always got caught up in the novelty of the campiness. While MK9 is still going to have the dark humor and dry wit of other MK games, it's going to be a lot darker, more violent and realistic.

It's going to be MK I and II put together. To my knowledge it's going to have online, and its fighting system won't be as clunky as the past 4 MKs (DA, Deception, Armageddon and VS. DCU).

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The difference in ability between you and your opponents was quite apparent. The first Bowser's DI made me laugh, hard.

Anyway, combo videos aren't supposed to show the opponents at their best, so I can't hold that against you. Most of the clips were really good (lava to shoryuken for instance), and the overall theme was interesting.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The difference in ability between you and your opponents was quite apparent. The first Bowser's DI made me laugh, hard.

Anyway, combo videos aren't supposed to show the opponents at their best, so I can't hold that against you. Most of the clips were really good (lava to shoryuken for instance), and the overall theme was interesting.
Thanks, Noobi. But I do want to state again that I made it a point to include a vast majority of skilled/good players, since, this being a magnum opus of sorts, I wanted it to be as good as it could be. Otherwise, I would've been able to gather the footage in a matter of a week. :p

As well though, I do admit some footage was very difficult to come by (such as ICs and Bowser) so I took what I could. This particular footage comprises around 5-10% of the video. I won't lie the blue Bowser wasn't exactly... great. Nor were the purple ICs or, most notably, the Luigi lol.

But again, thank you very much. :)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That one is hilarious.
But my favourite Fatality in MK4, though, is Tanya's Neck Twister. I just love how it sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLwiBHX7AqE

EDIT: MK9? That sounds great. I hope they go back the their roots completely.
I don't like the newer games in the series.
MK4 was just a bundle of awesome. I don't think I've lulzed harder in any video game than when I heard Tanya yell something that sounded like "your potato!" when she does her drill kick. Or when you throw someone "I'M GONNA THROW YOU EVER THERE".

And yeah, MK9 is going to be starting from the beginning. :D

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
MK4 was just a bundle of awesome. I don't think I've lulzed harder in any video game than when I heard Tanya yell something that sounded like "your potato!" when she does her drill kick. Or when you throw someone "I'M GONNA THROW YOU EVER THERE".

And yeah, MK9 is going to be starting from the beginning. :D
I'm all too hyped to see what Boon pushes out. I've been a huge fan of Tobias and him, since I learned of their names. (long time ago)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm all too hyped to see what Boon pushes out. I've been a huge fan of Tobias and him, since I learned of their names. (long time ago)
Aye, same here, man. Ever since I first laid hands on MK back in the arcades, I was a fan for life. MK got me into fighting games, martial arts and all sorts of cool stuff. :p

I do not think our beloved Ed Boon will disappoint. x)

noradseven

Smash Lord
MK ruined my love of fighting games and I stopped playing for years, sure it was fun and all until someone found the secret like fullscreen unblockable(you could dodge them I found out later), IKs :(.

Also MK is still a really bad game, there are plenty of better lol wtf holy **** broke *** games out there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
MK ruined my love of fighting games and I stopped playing for years, sure it was fun and all until someone found the secret like fullscreen unblockable(you could dodge them I found out later), IKs :(.

Also MK is still a really bad game, there are plenty of better lol wtf holy **** broke *** games out there.
Which Mortal Kombat are ye talkin' about?

I love MK 1, 2, 3, 4 (Well, as a Party Game), + all MK3-similar ones.

Top Bottom