• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Purge of Delusion: Vengeance of the Dethroned Emperor

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
MK ruined my love of fighting games and I stopped playing for years, sure it was fun and all until someone found the secret like fullscreen unblockable(you could dodge them I found out later), IKs :(.

Also MK is still a really bad game, there are plenty of better lol wtf holy **** broke *** games out there.
If played at high levels, MK 1, 2 UMK3 and 4 are pretty solid fighters. UMK3 especially.

Only things really broken about UMK3 were Kabal, Human Smoke, Nightwolf and Ermac. Kabal's dizzydash could be done out of block and had a huge hitbox, meaning he could pressure you better than almost anyone. H. Smoke had a simple one-two pop-up combo that started out with a kick hitbox, so you couldn't duck to avoid it and could basically just crouch and block while he whittled away your life or timed you out. If he got the pop-up, you'd lose more than half your lifebar. Nightwolf was similar in that which his massive combo began with a kick hitbox, so he could endlessly pressure you. Ermac the same as H. Smoke.

Aside from that, it's a balanced, solid game. Played it online for years and I've only ever cursed those four characters. xP

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
MK ruined my love of fighting games and I stopped playing for years, sure it was fun and all until someone found the secret like fullscreen unblockable(you could dodge them I found out later), IKs :(.

Also MK is still a really bad game, there are plenty of better lol wtf holy **** broke *** games out there.
blasphemy.

10blasphemy

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Other than the hilariously awful match-up ratios you had up there, I was impressed by your video. Sure there were a few parts that had obviously awful players, but you had plenty of awesome things to compensate for that (Flame-Choke to run off stage into Ganoncide was sexy).

The music and the compilation of Ganon destroying everything in the end of the video made it worth it. Very nice.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Other than the hilariously awful match-up ratios you had up there, I was impressed by your video. Sure there were a few parts that had obviously awful players, but you had plenty of awesome things to compensate for that (Flame-Choke to run off stage into Ganoncide was sexy).

The music and the compilation of Ganon destroying everything in the end of the video made it worth it. Very nice.
Thanks much, Clai. As for the match-ups, I agree with the current match-up chart, so I adhered to it for the most part. And yeah, as I said earlier, I won't lie and say some of the players weren't pretty bad. xP

I just got desperate for certain footage of certain characters (such as ICs), so I just used what I got. Otherwise I'dve spent another month looking for ICs. :p

But thanks again. Much appreciated. :)

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Thanks much, Clai. As for the match-ups, I agree with the current match-up chart, so I adhered to it for the most part. And yeah, as I said earlier, I won't lie and say some of the players weren't pretty bad. xP

I just got desperate for certain footage of certain characters (such as ICs), so I just used what I got. Otherwise I'dve spent another month looking for ICs. :p

But thanks again. Much appreciated. :)
I happen to think the current match-up chart is horrifically wrong, but that fact is not your fault, you were just going with what's there.

Thanks for your appreciation, but you deserve the praise. It really was a good video.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I happen to think the current match-up chart is horrifically wrong, but that fact is not your fault, you were just going with what's there.

Thanks for your appreciation, but you deserve the praise. It really was a good video.
I can agree there a bit. I think most of it is pretty close to the mark, but yeah, I can't argue there are some that are definitely wrong.

Thanks again though, Clai. x)

Top Bottom