• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Now Circus let's have a little pow-wow. One on one time since EE got this as well.

This post is going to be me explaining why I am town and certainly a helluva lot more town then Evil Eye.

I'm gonna adresse this thing first. You are frightened of me Circus at the current time. I know it and you know it. You are frightened because of the last time we were in a game together I manipulated you and played you hard to win in LyLo. Yet throughout this entire game because of it you have been saying that I am scum for it and that's a legitimate reason to call me scum because apparently I have the ability to play with people's emotions. It's not a legitimate reason and you just creating yourself in massive paranoia. If you actually remember how I played in Mafia Royal Sleepover and this game, you will see a drastic difference. I have played nothing like I did in that game.

Since EE delved into the NK WIFOM why not we take a glass as well but from my side of it if he seriously is going to use that as a legitimate reason to call me scum. There is more info as to why he would have NK'd RR over you. One, he has been using you for buddying all game. He has never stopped buddying you from D1 and has pretty much done everything you have done. Because of this, he knows that he can manipulate you the easiest out of RR. He talks a big game about him being able to manipulate RR when I actually doubt he could have because there is something you will notice when you re-read the game. RR had been building a case on Evil Eye this entire game and had expressed massive suspicion on him. Also if I was truly scum, killing you would have been the easier choice for me. I would have kept RR around because I knew that fact of the EE case and that I would have a much harder time convincing you of EEscum because he has been using you all game.

But once again as I said before. This is nothing but conjecture that can't be proven. Yet EE still tried to push earlier toDay that it was a legitimate reason to call me scum. Point rests.

Now let's go over my play in comparison to EE's. EE. Has. Done. Nothing. Especially in comparison to me. I have done so much more work in actually scum-hunting instead of being the best BS'er ever. He has been opportunistic during the times and if you actually look at when the timing of his cases come during your re-read you will see that. If you also look at how he questions people, you will see it goes nowhere and he simply asks the questions to ask them. Is he Ranmaru? He is certainly acting as such this game. Seeing what he is doing now is the absolute most he has done all game. Wanna know why? Because this is the time he needs to post. It looks like a lot and that he is actually caring because this is one of the only times this game he has actually done something. He is only posting so much now because it is crunch time for him and he realized that he can't ride you into the sunset for the win.

The fact of the matter is that his walls are anti-town in general at this stage of the game. By sheer mass, they are making it impossible for anyone to respond to and when he is asked to shorten to a simplistic version of what he says he just says "No! You have had plenty of time to respond." which is not true at all. Then when I just finish responding to the first great wall, he unleashes another one? He does know the deadline is in less then 2 days but he is continuing making this a battle of walls which is not going to give you enough time to read through the game and come to a conclusion of your own. The simple fact is he is doing these walls on purpose. He says that he is shortening them to as small as he can and I can't see how he can say that with a straight face because of how much of a lie it is.

Comparing to what I did is so much easier to look at and actually respond to and it's concise, unlike EE's which is the farthest from it.

You need to look when you are re-reading what has actually been done and what is actually there with the concrete proof that is there. There you will find your clear answer that Evil Eye is the final scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Evil Eye, you are saying and talking like I just created this master plan as you call it now. When in fact if you actually look at my posts during D4, I had alluded heavily that I had a plan that I had been working with D4 when I had done that re-read. You say they are filled with lies when they are far from lies. The only one telling lies is you by continuing to say that I am the final scum-member.

I have not told a single lie this entire game and have been open with everything I have done. However, you are having to show that I have because that is the only thing you have because you must show this to get Circus on your side.

Bring me another wall while your at it based on the flimsy connections you will make on D3 and the positioning you alluded to at the end of D4. I'm in the mood for some debunking and finishing up this game. Be concise though, we don't have much time.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I know I said I wasn't going to post again but oh my god just one more

Look at what you said about the voting situation. About Gandhi being THE ONLY LYNCH CANDIDATE NO ONE WAS MOVING FROM before I zeroed in. Look at where I REPEATEDLY SHOWED that to NOT BE THE CASE, and where EVEN YOUR CONCRETE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE VOTING PATTERNS were WRONG.

That is a LIE. And a pretty damn BLATANT one.

I'm trying to keep my cool here but jesus ****ing christ.

Are you done? Are we done here? Is the post you're presumably going to make in reply to this one your last for this wave? I would really like to just sleep and bring myself back down before going back in but I just can't do it unless I know I'm sleeping on everything relevant. fghghhg.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Circus, I cannot emphasize this point more and thus this is getting another post. Look at the initiative and drive behind both of our posts. Look at the effort behind them throughout the game and when they came about. Did either of us not follow up on our questions we asked? Did our reads always agree to general consensus? Did our pushes look fake/opportunistic? What is the content behind most of their posts? Why would someone do this as town? Would scum find it better to do this at that time? Has he been consistent with this read throughout the game? Have they actually pushed that? Ask yourself these extremely in-depth questions because it is solely down to you as it's been established. Connections are the last thing you should be looking at but more so on the actual scumminess on either of us as candidates.

Overall, I really have nothing much else to say besides what EE has to say w.r.t. his D3/D4 stuff because I am not just gonna wall my points across and over-inflate them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You know Evil Eye, I would have a bit more pity for you but you have put me through hellish nights re-reading this game and posting those over-bloated walls and making me read them when I know they are bold-faced lies.

However, just get some rest. I'll respond to it tomorrow. It's a quick response though so I can wait.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Flipflopping. Rereading.

Although I will say, independent of what I think of your alignment right now, I'm not embarrassed about the read I had on Gheb before we lynched him, J. I've eaten the whole humble pie in regards to how tunnely I was being—I definitely should have been more open minded; I was too committed to my "lynch Gheb; ask questions later" strategy. But, as much as I respect Gheb, his play on D4 was probably some of the worst town play I've ever seen from him. Your points about him thinking he was really hammered and that brought his true feelings out or that getting riled up is somehow a Gheb town tell are moot. Halfway decent scum can fake the former, and Gheb does the latter as any alignment.

But I'm digressing. I guess I'll talk about all that after the game, if it comes up.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Circus, you need to pay close attention to D3 and see who is the true liar out of me and EE as well. Look at everyone's reads and look at whom everyone was looking to lynch that day.

Though really now, it's up to you and what you garner from your re-read.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Without getting too deeply into it, I may be having a change of mind.

Still reading.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Alright, this whole post is pretty much going to be for EE. J, some of the things you have said in your most recent posts are giving me stomach cramps with how scummy they sound on the surface ("Connections are the last thing you should be looking at...?" Really?), but I'm going to leave that alone because I feel I have bigger fish to fry.

EE, I'm going to list some grievances and things I've found in rereading that I consider notable. I may ask you direct questions; I may not. This is all just going to kind of roll out of my head. Respond as you like.

I commend you for making some very persuasive points, but some of the "harder" evidence is still making it difficult for me to shut you out as a scum option. It's actually starting to make it difficult for me to even continue leaning toward J. I brought this up before, and you responded, but it remains worth noting—if J is scum, the smartest thing he could have done last Night would have been to kill me, not Ryu. He is right to say that you have been buddying me all game (and in fact, so did Afro. And Washed started doing it too, on D2). The same cannot be said of you and Ryu. If anything, the opposite is true. In choosing to kill Ryu instead of me and hoping he can manipulate me in lylo rather than going for a much surer thing, Jscum would have made one of the dumbest/craziest decisions he could have made for endgame. Why pick the harder route? Why choose to deal with me in lylo when he could have had Ryu, who was already pretty solidly on his side? When I allow this to factor in to my reads (which I feel I should), it becomes impossible for me to shake how obviously flawed his thinking would have to be in order to keep me here. You had much more incentive to keep me around. Not just because Ryu was already standing against you, but because I have been actively standing with you pretty much all game. Scum chose who died last Night, meaning scum chose who they wanted to try to persuade toDay. They chose me because they figured I would be more likely than Ryu to choose the wrong person. I'd be a fool to ignore that.

You have also managed to not be on a single correct lynch all game, despite having allegedly been suspicious of both Washed and Afro well before they met their ends. Actually, the only lynch you've been apart of all game was Gheb's, when you hammered him.

You've done a good job of framing the interactions between J, Washed and Afro as softball pressuring, but in rereading the Days myself, I'm seeing a different kind of (anti-)pattern that seems about as damning, but arguably more consistent, which is you and Washed and Afro basically never interacting with each other at all. Reading your posts in a vacuum actually makes you look pretty nice because you do express suspicion of Washed and Afro at a few key parts in the game, which is part of what has made it so easy for me to trust you up to this point. But when including posts from Washed and Afro as well, it becomes interesting how they both seem to almost completely avoid you. You managed to talk about them, but rarely talked to them (and never voted for either of them. Talk about softball). And Washed and Afro hardly ever even acknowledged you. This is specifically notable to me, because it also reflects how they interact with each other—which is to say, basically not at all. Contrasting this with the almost conversational way Washed and J speak at several points in the game actually does a pretty good job of making them not look like buddies.

Put another way, your assessment of the way Washed and (to a lesser extent) Afro have each individually interacted with J is interesting, but the way Washed and Afro (do not) interact with each other seems like the most solid foundation on which to judge scumbuddy interactions on the whole. In that regard, I can draw more parallels between the interactions of you/Washed/Afro, all together, than I can between J/Washed/Afro.

Also, while you're right to say that J's statement about D3 is skewed, D3 as a whole doesn't actually work in your favor. It works in his. You're right to say that J's assertion of Afro being the only lynch choice was wrong, since I was indeed neck-and-neck with him for a while (for some reason). But this ultimately doesn't paint J in that poor a light, because his switch from me to Afro after Afro's claim is ultimately what sealed Afro as the lynch that Day (even though the hammer didn't come 'til Gheb got there). And again, despite how much you said you wanted Afro dead that Day, your vote didn't end up on him. In fact, you never voted for him at all. You just FoS'd him, which actually makes you look even worse.

In fact, your unshaken faith in me, as much as I would normally appreciate it, makes you look scummier on D3 than J's suspicion of me does. Scum knew that Afro was the Godfather. From Jscum's perspective, what would be the benefit of expressing suspicion of me, post-Cop clear, before finally deciding to switch to Afro immediately after his claim when he knows that Afro's flip is going to fully clear me? EEscum has much more incentive to commit to his Circus town read beyond a shadow of a doubt (despite the fact that I really could have been the Godfather, even though it wasn't statistically the most likely option), since EEscum already knows that Afro's the Godfather and then cleared Circustown will probably hand hold him to victory. And, as I stated in the beginning, I have to believe that's the only reason that I'm still here talking to you now. Look, I've come full circle! I'm gettin' pro wit dis ****.

Anyway, you've done a good job of framing the game in a way that suits you, but I'm having trouble finding a good reason not to vote for you at this point.

Thoughts and rebuttals if you have them, please and thank you. Also, die scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was going to comment on you had been reading this game for what seemed to be well over two hours then I see your post.

I guess we wait for Evil Eye to respond to you Circus.

Are you completely finished your re-read/notes?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Pretty much. I'll probably be revisiting certain parts several times between now and deadline in order to reassess things (especially if either of you say something that sets me off on a new line of thinking), but I've given it a solid once through.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Same, I'm pretty much done as well with everything I wanted to go through. And I'll be checking back periodically to see if EE has responded to anything I need to respond to.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Man god damn it jerkus.

Alright, so I'm trying to organize my thoughts, and mulling on how to structure them. Clue me in; I want to know how to invest my time and energies. Would I be right in assuming the concerns you've raised have more to do with why you're leaning back to me than J's?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Man god damn it jerkus.

Alright, so I'm trying to organize my thoughts, and mulling on how to structure them. Clue me in; I want to know how to invest my time and energies. Would I be right in assuming the concerns you've raised have more to do with why you're leaning back to me than J's?
Yeah, I thought that was pretty apparent. With what else would they have to do?

To make it as clear as possible, if deadline were in 10 minutes, I would vote for you right now.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh, I think you misunderstood. Oddly enough, I wondered about what I said being confusing in exactly the way it apparently was, but reread it and decided it was clear enough, heh.

I'm asking if what you brought to the table is the bulk of why you're turning back around, as opposed to what J brought? And I'm asking because J has said a lot more than you have, but, well, it should be pretty clear how I feel about J's offerings.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh. Well that makes a lot more sense. Probably should have assumed that to begin with.

Yes, those are probably the biggest points for me. J's posts got me off my butt and reading, but any points he made that ended up resonating only really gained substance when I went back and read the stuff myself.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That last sentence came off kind of flippant and like I'm trying to avoid giving J any credit for the work he did. I don't mean it that way. I just mean that my shift back to EE mostly came about gradually during my reread, so the specific things that were cropping up that bothered me were mostly a direct result of that, rather than being fully grown from J's posts. He sparked most of the stuff I was initially looking for/at though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So basically what you are trying to say, "J's points got me curious and actually caught my attention to go back and see what he was talking about EE. During that re-read brought about by his posts I saw his points and I also through the re-read I saw some things of my own that came about because of it. It seems to match up with what J was saying."

I think that's what I am reading but I can't tell for certain. It's really confusing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm gonna be frank a bit. I won't be here the next two days really. Tomorrow I will be here from like 9 my time to 3:30. Then I'll be gone partying till like 1:30am.

Then I am doing some more partying on Saturday for quite literally all day. I'll make it back at like an hour or more to deadline. Every chance I get though I will be checking this game to see if there is anything I can do.

However it's up to EE's final appeal to Circus which is left. I will say though that if it is another massive wall that I have to respond to, I doubt I will have the time to but I'll try.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
J THAT'S LIKE THE WORST THING EVER SERIOUSLY?

You're seriously going to be gone for the last two days of the game. Like, almost completely absent. Really.

If I end up choosing EE and you flip scum—Darth Jerkus. Darth Jerkus, J. Whatever that means. You should feel scared and ashamed and depressed and scared, because Darth Jerkus will be out there. Ready to mind-choke you on a whim.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but I disapprove of this turn of events and I think I've made that much clear.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I mean I can't do anything about it. Tomorrow morning I got appointments, then I'm gonna be home for a bit in the afternoon. Going to party all night.

Then sleep for like 7 hours and wake up at like 9ish. Go to another party at 2:30 till like 10:00/11:00.

But don't worry, if you choose correctly by hammering EE, you won't get mad. But if you do hammer me while I'm away, remember you don't just have to put up with Evil J. You have to put up with Evil Gheb and others for losing the game for town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Though to be honest, it's not all your fault for losing town since a lot of the blame is going to be on me because I couldn't convince you that I am town over EE.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Just so you know, I've been working on stuff since last night. It's just hit semi-consistent roadblocks in the form of 502s and Internal Whatever Errors pretty much all night, resulting in a lot of swearing and F5ing. But I'm doing it.

Also, I was fixing myself a coffee just now, and I went to pour milk into my sugar bag. True story.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just so you know, I've been working on stuff since last night. It's just hit semi-consistent roadblocks in the form of 502s and Internal Whatever Errors pretty much all night, resulting in a lot of swearing and F5ing. But I'm doing it.
Dude, regardless, I know your pain very well. It sucks a lot.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Okay. Here we go.

J, I’d like to ask you to refrain from comment to this stuff until after Jerkus has read it. I say this because I’d like a pow-wow of my own; you said I got some one on one time, but I can’t think of any point where that was the case. So I’m flashing that card now. Say whatever you want after Jerkus ducks back in, but in the meantime, just pop a chill pill and wait. Please.

So, Jerkus. I’m going to be very blunt. I think you’ve got a little man in the back of your mind telling you to be wary of me. The little man doesn’t see this game; he just has peripheral vision. He knows I have a reputation as one of the best players on the site (I hate saying things like this, but sometimes it becomes relevant). He knows that I have hard to match argumentative and investigative talents. He worryingly tells you to watch out, for the way this lylo appears may simply be a glassblown illusion crafted by me through greater mafia experience and capabilities. The evil one batters the just but weaker opponent to the ground through might and skill, but not the righteous high-ground. Something like that, anyway.

And he cites examples. Recent ones. Frozenflame in the game that doesn’t exist comes to mind. And you were, in all likelihood, just doing it in the same game. This mismatch scenario of the skillful bad guy and the sloppier good guy has inevitably been on your mind, and the little ****** dude in the back of your brain has seen all that go on. Hell, we even have you manipulating me a little in that game we didn’t play because it doesn’t exist, probably building from the foundation of the fact that we think kind of alike. And so he’s yelling at you to worry about that happening.

It seems like it’s “reasonable doubt”. Just you looking out for a spooky scenario. But I fully believe, based on the general meta of those gathered here toDay and based on the recent happenings in our game that doesn’t exist, that this little man has been inflating himself. Exerting himself, polluting a true and impartial vacuum. And it’s making you more likely to chase shadows. More likely to rule out a favorable vibe at any given junction. More likely to punish mistakes that could be made from any vantage point. More likely to glaze over mitigating details.

And most distressingly, more likely to make excuses for bad guy behavior by the other camp.

I don’t think you can deny that this is affecting your judgment on at least some level. It must. It’s too ingrained into the current state of the game, and another game that doesn’t exist. And the difference between this and the similar concern J raised is a big one – with J you’re looking for a specific tactic he has done as scum that worked on you. There is precedent for the behavior you sweat from the player you sweat it about.

On the other hand, with what I’ve described above, I’m just placed at a handicap of circumstance. A general worry of scenario that doesn’t have much of anything to do with me other than that I am good at the game. And as a result, you will be more likely to discard my arguments (however much they may bamboozle you initially), and you will be more likely to react more forgivingly to scummy behavior from J. On some level, you’ll even look for reasons to do both. I feel it happening, even as you stress your impartiality at every step (and I certainly believe you’re trying).

How many times have you paved over off-kilter behavior from J toDay? That’s not rhetorical, I’ll go into it later, but right now I do want you to reflect on it. You’ve made several posts today with an allusion somewhere in them about how J has done a scummy something-or-other, BUT. The “but” might manifest itself as an actual conjunction in your grammar. Or it might take on a more insidious form, like you coaxing J to play better.

No matter what has transpired, you’ve been consistently moving toward the Little Man’s conclusion all Day. I hope this little preface has given you pause. I don’t know what kind. Maybe you don’t agree at all. But I hope it’s at least given you an awareness of something I don’t think you were considering before now.

Right then. On widdit.

Jerkus said:
I brought this up before, and you responded, but it remains worth noting—if J is scum, the smartest thing he could have done last Night would have been to kill me, not Ryu.
Taking all things at face value, yes. Red Ryu was on his side. I do not deny this.

But I really think you’re neglecting the state of things at the time. If there’s one thing I don’t think your post does justice to, it’s context. Intricacy. As I said, WIFOM has its place in mafia, and if I can think of any scenario than this one, I’ll eat every hat I own. And I’ll fill them with onions first. I hate onions.

Really consider this. First of all, if Red Ryu were alive right now, the same argument could be made. That’s the most basic point I’m going to make. Let’s go deeper (BWAURRMMMMMM). Bear with me; my thoughts are going to bounce around a bit, because my head is literally bursting with **** I need to say about this and a lot of it intertwines.

I know I said this before. But maybe if I say it again you’ll consider it with more of a vengeance, or something. You tend to be more steadfast in your convictions than Red Ryu. That’s a big point. I don’t know if this is your first game with RR or what your history is with him, but just trust me on this one. It is fact. RR waffles back and forth on a regular basis with most reads, in every single game he plays. On D3 he had me as least likely to be scum of the Unclear Trio. That was from being one of the three scum, with you and Gandhi – and all I had to do was find the time to be active. By the end of the day, after I’d pushed the **** out of Gandhi, RR agreed that any notion of EEscum was now gone. How hard would it be for me to argue him back into that spot? As either alignment?

Not only does RR flipflop like crazy, but as I said, he can be bullied, bamboozled, won over, you name it. You can get under RR’s skin with a certain skillset, and I outmeasure all of these skills when standing against J. I may have started in a gutter, but don’t forget that I started in a gutter with you too (and would have even if RR was somehow alive, or something, based on your D4 posts near the end. More on that in a bit). And I’d just have to win over a weaker townie that’s susceptible to my particular skillset. That doesn’t sound favorable to you? Well, let me keep going. I’m not even close to done, bub.

Here’s a big one; the reasons RR was on me were horrible. Absolutely horrible. It was as plain as day. I knew it. J knew it. I assume you knew it but that’s irrelevant. If I lived to D5 and had to answer to Red Ryu, how hard of a time do you seriously imagine me having going up against acid trip fantasyland accusations like mafia usurper, or that I’d been “sitting in a corner going Gheb is scum Gheb is scum Gheb is scum”? Especially when you’d be dead, flipped town, and actually did do that. Especially when I am the reason we didn’t quicklynch Gheb in the first place. Especially… well, I digress. You get the idea.

Let’s be real. The foundations of RR’s suspicions were ****. Anything RR would dig up I could probably knock down with a yawn. You had said you were leaning on me, and solidly. You didn’t tip your hand to the rest of the table, but RR did. RR didn’t have diddly ****. He didn’t even have two of a kind. Man, he didn’t even have a chance at high card. J knew this, because RR broadcasted it. But he also knew that you are a hefty baker’s dozen times the player Red Ryu is. That means that, wrong or not, you were going to have actual, substantial suspicions. The kind he could build upon. The kind that would take a serious investment of time and effort to dismantle – if I could even do it.

Let’s get to another point. For all I’ve said about RR (you could probably make a pretty funny highlight reel of me calling him dumb and stuff throughout our games together), he’s not incompetent. I do think he’d try to give lylo due diligence. Hell, he said he’d “look at EE vs J tomorrow”. While he encouraged you not to auto-assume I was town, I think it’s pretty clear he wasn’t auto-assuming I was scum, either. He had expressed a lean, same as you. It was just a bit steeper. But I can totally roll boulders uphill. I do it pretty often.

I think I’ve explained at length why needing to convince RR would be friendlier to my abilities. As town I’d have my argumentative skill and the power of THE TROOF to drive me, and RR would listen. I’m confident of that. As scum I’d need to convince a townie that is vulnerable to my strengths. On the other hand, as a considerably superior player, you would be more likely to see through my bull ****. And BSing is the name of the game for this lylo’s scum (more on THAT later, dear god).

So let’s look at the tail end of D4.

RR asks why Gheb said the game is lost in P2682. J immediately swooped in to answer for Gheb, stating that Gheb thinks I’m scum over J and you think I’m town over J. I am very confident that he was fishing for your feelings on it. It’s a subtle fish, because he’s talking to someone that’s not you about a comment made by someone that’s not you. But there was nothing gained by answering the question for Gheb other than making damn sure the question was tabled before the issue went cold.

You didn’t provide a satisfactory answer, but you did admit to repeated flipflopping.

Later, when J was still stallin’ on the Gheb lynch, you said this in p2716:

Jerkus said:
J, if I promise to lynch EE toMorrow, in the impossible event that there even is a toMorrow, will you help me lynch Gheb toDay? I know Gheb is scum. I can feel it in my freaking bones.
Remember that J, as scum, knows that Gheb will not flip anything of the sort. He offers up this cheeky response:

J said:
@Circus: Now why are you lying to me w.r.t. you would lynch EE over myself for my vote?
That’s a hard fish. He’s matching your cheekiness with his own cheekiness, while cornering you to answer the question. And, just, look at that stilted phrasing, seriously. I’ve mentioned that before. And I’ll soon be keeping my promise to go into that whole aspect of scumJ in general, but never mind that for now. Just look at it. He makes sure it’s absolutely clear that he’s saying “Jerkus would lynch EE over J for a Ghebvote” is a lie. But he says it cheekily. So he’s totally not fishing.

He’s definitely not deciding whom he wants to kill in any of the scenarios that could unfold from here.

And you, of course, answered:

Jerkus said:
Answer: I'm not. My mind has gradually changed on which one of you I like better over the course of this Day. I still think he's town, because I ****ing know Gheb is scum, but I'm leaning EE over you now, relatively solidly. I would still give you both a fair shake at making some closing arguments for yourselves and against each other or whatever, but I'm feeling EE more as time goes on.
Does that seriously look significantly better to you than Red Ryu? After all I’ve said? You’ve both said you’ll look into things toMorrow (you say this later I think), and you both said you’re leaning EE over J. I truly feel I’ve displayed that you’re a better endgame candidate already – earlygame be damned.

Lastly before I bring up the elephant in the room, there’s the fact that J comes into D5 with leverage. You pushed Gheb’s lynch hard. J, on the other hand, was trying to turn it all around at the very end. Because he’s a watchful guardian. The hero we whatever gibberish. A dark knight. This isn’t the kind of leverage that would be mentioned, of course. It’d just kinda hang over everything like a fog. Would you really lynch two people in a row that were shrieking of their townieness, and my evil? This doesn’t apply nearly as well to Red Ryu because he was a backseatsman on that lynch. You were certain.

And yeah. WIFOM time.

Take everything I just said, and add in the fact that the immediate assumption upon seeing that you’re still alive, even without ANY of that, is “haha EE’s trying to buddy his way to the finish line, you’re so dead, scum, you scummy scum, u so scum y”. Add all of the above and, well. With odds like that, all J has to do is keep things on an even keel and he glides right on to the win.

It’s funny. About a week ago or so, Tom and I were reminiscing about DGames stuff. He linked me to an old thread. He posted it just shy of two years ago, and one of his posts in it resonated with me. I want you to read this post. It’s short. Clicky

As I said before, WIFOM has its place in mafia. With all the possible-to-miss factors I mentioned above and the fact that your immediate response to being alive was to put me deeper in the gutter, can you really shake all of that away? Look at this situation. You’re asking the most obvious questions to ask when you see Red Ryu’s corpse. And most importantly, it’s not like you came around to asking these questions, after a lot of indepth questioning and analysis. You asked these questions in your first post of the Day, and then kicked me down the ditch. Your first post. Reflect on that. Think about what I’ve said.

Like I said, man. If you take everything at face value, even marginally good scum will trounce town. Every time.

This all comes back to intricacies and context. And how I feel you’re not doing them justice right now.

Jerkus said:
He is right to say that you have been buddying me all game
I addressed this in one of my big posts to some extent, but I’ll break it down in agonizing detail. Hopefully not as agonizing as the last thing. But you’re letting J paint a huge, sweeping generalization over an entire game’s worth of play. And ignoring so much **** along the way.

The first time I mentioned you (ctrl+F for Jerkus), it was to point out something I didn’t like.

I wanted to see your reaction.

After I TLDR’d my post with this:

EE said:
The basic thesis of that post is that I think Choice and Axel are scummy as all **** but not on a scumteam.
Your response? Simply “Yup.”

You then offered this addendum:

Jerkus said:
Although, like, half of the people in this game could fall down respective manholes and I wouldn't mind.
Although I’d pointed out something I didn’t like, you didn’t bring it up, presumably because you knew it was something minor that didn’t merit a discussion. And yet you showed that you’d read what I had to say, and agreed in a forthright manner that didn’t seem scummy, even if Choice or J were to turn up scum.

Simply put, you made a good first impression. And so I kept watch as always, but didn’t mention you again. For a very long time. Because that’s what I do with my closet town reads; ignore them.

Is this your barometer for buddying? I said you raised a valid point because I don’t pussyfoot around saying where my points come from, and I don’t parrot. I didn’t make the observation that you did initially, but I felt uneasy about it, and then I saw you make a post that raised a concern I agreed with. Thus I asked the town, and expanded on the observation you made by noting Laundry’s behavior after. Is this seriously how you measure buddying? Would you have preferred that I parroted? No, I’m pretty sure we’d be talking about how you pressured Laundry and then I just came in and pretended I noticed it on my own.

And I mean. ****, man. I’d have been doing that with other townies too. Problem is I’ve only been noticing their good observations now that they’re dead and I know who the last scum is. Mentioning you and your point was an observational detail to clarify and further what I was saying. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I mentioned you peripherally here but I really want to believe you don’t think that’s buddying, unless I was supposed to say that Laundry’s interactions with NO ONE IN PARTICULAR were bad.

I forgot about this one. But I’ll answer to it. I started the day looking at Laundry, and then he made that whiny dumb-*** post. What should I have said? I sincerely did want to see how he would clarify what he said, but I pretty much just thought it was scummy and spin doctory all around. Again, you were just a peripheral detail. But I guess you could see this one as a chainsaw. I don’t know. Pick your poison, I guess, but I feel that I’m showing this whole NONSTOP BUDDYING FROM DAY ONE ALL DAY ERR DAY accusation to be very overblown.

And this is where it actually “starts”, arguably. Shouldn’t my surprise in this post indicate that any buddying you might have seen before was subconscious? Come on, man. I’m good at mafia, but I’m not so good that can recall minutia like that in the tapestry of my posts off memory and produce a perfectly tinkered little answer like that. And even I wouldn’t reread myself just for a simple question like that.

As far as I knew at the time, I’d never said a direct thing about you other than in my first big post. And this is where the “buddying” starts. In reality, it’s me being questioned about how I feel about you. And then it gets questioned again, and again. And it’s pushed as a scumteam again, and again. I wasn’t left much damned choice BUT to talk to you. And don’t you find it even a little suspect that it’s J that started that cycle? And that the only real signs of my town read thus far were that I agreed with your observations on Laundry and acted accordingly? And now it’s J, here in lylo, arguing that I’ve been buddying you since the very start?

Yeah, I got a bit buddier towards the end. But when there’s only one person who trusts me, that I trust, and whose judgment I trust, I tend to do that. What’s the crime? You didn’t get carte blanche until after the cop cleared you and I reread the game and everything still lined up. It’s not like I didn’t put you up to any scrutiny. I just didn’t narrate it.

Jerkus said:
(and in fact, so did Afro. And Washed started doing it too, on D2).
Gonna keep this one short – they buddied me too. And “they” includes J. There were a few times I pointed out where they might have been planting a kernel to pounce on me later (I know Gandhi did this kind of thing at least once or twice). Other than that, they just buddied me. I’ve shown this. I’ve even shown you J asking one of them about the other and me, specifically. And they responded in the exact same manner for both.

Does this seem like the kind of **** I’d allow? Have you considered that my early inactivity woes and their buddying me consistently throughout the game makes me a perfect lylo fall guy? And yes. They did it to you too. That doesn’t seem like a smear campaign? Doesn’t it seem weird to you that of the three potential powerhouse townies (you, me, Gheb) the only one they went after (once they realized your potential and unwillingness to take bull****) was the one who couldn’t even express himself flatly fully? That J tried to buddy me into his corner with Gheb? That Gandhi buddied me wrt Gheb in much the same way?

That’s all I’ll say for now, I guess. But come on man.

Jerkus said:
You have also managed to not be on a single correct lynch all game, despite having allegedly been suspicious of both Washed and Afro well before they met their ends. Actually, the only lynch you've been apart of all game was Gheb's, when you hammered him.
This is a completely unfair point, imo.

Can you seriously look at D3 and tell me that I was gunning for ANYBODY but Gandhi? As I’ve said, again and again and again and again, I was the first person to start zeroing in on Gandhi for actual, substantive points. And then I confirmed that I had finished rereading and wanted to lynch Gandhi while Gheb and J were both still voting for you and pushing you. And then I set to drafting a case for it, during which time Gheb unvoted but that was all that changed.

When I FoS’d him I specifically said that it would be a vote as soon as we’re ready to end the Day. It was early yet. It was also ridiculously clear where I stood, and that the ONLY reason I wasn’t voting for Gandhi was to prevent quickhammers. That I wanted to hear what others had to say. What. Do you think the lynch was gonna magically turn around on someone else? Who? The only other lynch candidate at that point of D3 was you, and I’d keenly walled off that possibility. And if the argument isn’t that I would personally assist another lynch, can you honestly see any other avenues opening after my spat with Gandhi? You weren’t going to vote for yourself, and I obviously wasn’t going to vote for you. For you to get lynched literally everyone else would have to be on board, and RR had said you were low on his radar because of the cop clear. Choice seemed to believe it. Odds of both of them voting for you? Somewhere between “snowball in hell” and “jack ****.”

So, do you want to tell me where and how I was trying to get you lynched, get someone other than you lynched, or trying to passively allow any non-Gandhi lynch?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe I said I didn’t want to vote because of quickhammer likelihood because I didn’t want to vote because of quickhammer likelihood. And guess what happened? J voted for him (AFTER my case, and AFTER his response, and AFTER I said I don’t like his claim and still wanted to lynch him), and he got quickhammered. And the quickhammer was scummy. And it was one of the main catalysts for a D4 mislynch. And yes, I know I said self-hammer at the time. But it should be pretty clear I would be concerned by any kind of quickhammering, especially since when Gheb did it he looked ridiculously scummy. Desperate scumbuddy busing kinda scummy.

I think if you reread D3 again you’ll see that it’s my case that really, truly makes Gandhi the center of attention, and his reponse to it. The Day shifted at that point from a bunch of people playing mafia and also occasionally tossing a barb at Gandhi to everyone circling him and rubbing their hands together expectantly.

I’d expect a point like that from J, man. But you, Jerkus? Really? That lynch belonged as much to me as it did to anyone on the final tally. It’d be one thing if you wanted to argue a bus (though a bus without a vote is a bit strange – why would I care about quickhammers, at the expense of getting in while the getting’s good?) But to see you try to take Gandhi’s lynch away from me is literally outrageous. What the ****, dude. Here’s the score. I think after my case and especially Gandhi’s responses, it was clear to J that he was going down, and so he got his vote in there because he surmised that Gheb wouldn’t be far. And then he snowed me out of my own lynch. And it’s working. And it pisses me off.

I’ll give you Laundry, I guess. There’s not a hell of a lot to say to that -- but I will say a couple things. When I said I was rereading the game near the end of D2, I really did. It killed me, but I read the whole damn thing in a sitting. I decided to sleep on it rather than talk out of my *** for the sake of talking. I’d left myself plenty of time to make a decision and push it. When I woke up, Laundry had outed himself with a gambit, got cc’d, and got quicklynched. Does being on a QL of scum that outed himself with a gambit that got cc’d seriously dispense credibility these days?

That lynch was a freebie. If people had immediately honed in on and started dogpiling him after Choice’s claim, and Soup just claimed like a dumb-***, that’d be one thing. But only Soup voted for him in that interim, while Choice started to zero in. Laundry sensed his doom and made an obvscum gambit to draw out the doc, and it worked, and then he got dogpiled to death.

If you wanna get technical, with how things played out, we’re really all on the same terms with his death. Laundry lynched himself. Note that I’m not saying we’re on the same terms with Laundry in general. You pushed him at the right times and for the right reasons. I’ve said that before. J pushed him cautiously, without a vote, and followed you onto him after you eviscerated his OMGUS. And then he wasn’t around for the actual lynch. I was inactive, and I’ll say more on that later.

But at the end of the day, because of the conditions that gave birth to it, Laundry’s death really doesn’t prove anything one way or another. Nothing between Soup’s cc and Laundry’s flip can be indicative, because all voting for Laundry in that timeframe proves is that you 1) Were online at the time and 2) Have at least a scrape of common sense, regardless of your alignment.

J was “on” Laundry a whole bunch D1, then he ended up on Gorf’s lynch. Then he was “on” Gandhi AND Laundry, and then he wasn’t. And then Laundry got lynched and the Day ended with J’s vote on you. Then J pushed you on D3 (more on that later) and after Gandhi became the true center of attention amidst the deadlock, he switched rails, and Gheb quickhammered. I got muscled out of the lynch I pushed harder than anybody else, and yes, I’m going to keep ****ing saying that.

Then he was on Gheb when he was a Sure Thing lynch. That train stopped because of me. It was my decision not to end the game. For better or for worse, I am the reason we had such a long D4. Then J just waved back and forth in the wind, and ultimately settled against the tide.

How’s that for hard evidence?

Jerkus said:
Actually, the only lynch you've been apart of all game was Gheb's, when you hammered him.
I didn’t hammer him.

I don’t know what that’s worth, but I didn’t hammer him. I put him at L-1.

Jerkus said:
Reading your posts in a vacuum actually makes you look pretty nice because you do express suspicion of Washed and Afro at a few key parts in the game, which is part of what has made it so easy for me to trust you up to this point. But when including posts from Washed and Afro as well, it becomes interesting how they both seem to almost completely avoid you. You managed to talk about them, but rarely talked to them (and never voted for either of them. Talk about softball).
I feel I’ve covered things wrt their interactions with me. And I think that makes a huge difference.

But there’s more to answer to here. So, this seems like the perfect time to talk about my activity. Or, rather, my inactivity. I’m surprised how little this seems to enter into things, since you saw the same inactivity (or leapfrogging inactivity) in the game that doesn’t exist. But let me keep it short and sweet; this game was moving way, way, way too fast for me. D1 was like 50 god damn pages. It’s still more than half the entire thread. D2, somehow, wasn’t a whole hell of a lot slower.

Look at my posts from a new perspective: Someone with an exhaustive playstyle that’s trying to catch up, but can’t keep up. Think about my voting style in other games. How often do I vote when something first catches my eye? Almost never. It takes seriously scummy **** to pull my vote with that kind of ease if I’m not doing some kind of test or gambit.

If I don’t know what I’m doing, I don’t vote. If I don’t know what I’m doing, I read up, and presumably reread. At which point, I hopefully know what I’m doing. But whenever I would try this for the first two games, there’d be pages and pages to check. Every time. There was too much “doing” to DO. And not enough time to DO it. Tack on a second game, and… come on. But I tried to do it. I kept making time to be there when it counted (end of the Day), and the Day would end during my brief absence. Seriously, man. You’re butt-****ing me with a dildo made of circumstance.

D3 was much more my speed. Less people in this game, less people in the one that doesn’t exist. And it shows, I think. Seriously, reread D3 with what I’ve told you. You’ve read it with J’s… “take” on it. If it can be so called. Now read it with mine. I was in that ****. I questioned people, pressured a couple people – mainly Gheb and Gandhi – and then I dropped one person (Gheb) and zeroed in on scum (Gandhi). How are you seriously not seeing this? How are you crediting J with the big swing? But I’ll touch on that later.

I talked about them? So what? Sometimes I talk about people. Sometimes I talk to them. Did I make ****ty little insubstantial comments? No, I don’t think I did. Did I ask them a lot of direct questions? Eh. Probably not. But I didn’t ask Ryker or Gorf (m)any direct questions that I can recall. Yet I DID talk ABOUT them. Are they my scumbuddies?

I’m quite certain I showed you examples of Wash and Gandhi dancing around each other in much the same way as J and Wash, and Gandhi and J.

Look. I don’t think you really get my playstyle. So I hope you’ll listen to this. I don’t ask questions of everyone, all the time. And I don’t ask people questions to pressure them – almost ever. Sometimes I’ll offer up a loaded question, if anything. Generally, what I do is build the paper trail. In the meantime, I watch for preposterous scummy behavior, and I’ll start to move in, and if it keeps up, then I’ll strike. Otherwise, I build things up, then when it comes down to it I reread up and make a decision. I build the paper trail by talking about people or two people – it doesn’t matter. I talk about things in the manner that I think will get other people talking in interesting ways either to me or about others or to each other. If you’re the only guy manning the spotlight the cockroaches know exactly where to hide, gnomesayin?

As for softballs, well. If I’d been able to keep up, things would have been different. That’s really all I can say. I doubt you want me to go into what I’d have done at X time, but I’ll say for what it’s worth that I thought Gandhi was town at the end of D1 and for the start and then a good portion of D2. He didn’t grab my attention until I reread near the end of D2, and I probably wouldn’t have pushed his lynch since Laundry hadn’t flipped yet. Laundry was just constantly perplexing because I thought he was scummy as **** sometimes on D1, but then the next time I’d get back, things have moved on and he’s gotten a bit better – just not quite as scummy as the next guy on the block, I guess you could say. My best example is when I said I’d be down with his lynch on D1. I just wanted to reread – ah, but of course, by the time I got around to it things had moved on.

My playstyle just didn’t work for the amount of time I had to invest on D1-2, and I got ****ed for it. I had more time on D3, and the game moved at a more reasonable pace. It made all the difference.

Jerkus said:
Put another way, your assessment of the way Washed and (to a lesser extent) Afro have each individually interacted with J is interesting, but the way Washed and Afro (do not) interact with each other seems like the most solid foundation on which to judge scumbuddy interactions on the whole. In that regard, I can draw more parallels between the interactions of you/Washed/Afro, all together, than I can between J/Washed/Afro.
Well, there’s nothing much I can say to that except that I disagree. Gandhi pressured Laundry, but then made sure nothing came of it. These kinds of interactions were prevalent and persistent when you include J as part of the whole. On the other hand I feel you and I have a lot more in common wrt how the two of them treated us. And J buddied the hell out of me too, while being on your ***. For flavor, I guess.

Jerkus said:
In fact, your unshaken faith in me, as much as I would normally appreciate it, makes you look scummier on D3 than J's suspicion of me does. Scum knew that Afro was the Godfather. From Jscum's perspective, what would be the benefit of expressing suspicion of me, post-Cop clear, before finally deciding to switch to Afro immediately after his claim when he knows that Afro's flip is going to fully clear me? EEscum has much more incentive to commit to his Circus town read beyond a shadow of a doubt (despite the fact that I really could have been the Godfather, even though it wasn't statistically the most likely option)
I thought Gheb was using J, but it turns out another cigar is just another cigar. J was trying to get you lynched. I think you underestimate just how important this was to scum on D3. Ballsy towns lynch people with megaprotown claims or some kinds of clears or what have you all the time, if they make a case for enough scumminess. So lynching you was absolutely possible. And that’s my point. J was trying to get you lynched. He wasn’t just expressing suspicions of you for the hell of it prior to the switch.

Look at the deft hand with which he votes for you. At first he’s following RR and you onto Gandhi. Then he follows Gheb onto you (but it’s to put you both at L-2, of course, don’t take that as a sign of him trying to sway the momentum or anything!!!!)

And then Gheb pushes you hard, and J pushes you harder, badgering every post you make. Meanwhile I’m zeroing in on Gandhi.

But let’s look at this. Your lynch would mean everything to scum. That takes it to lylo. They have two bodies and two votes to work with. More importantly, they have padding. They can execute a greater amount of subterfuge to set up the endgamer. And going ML  bus  ML is a hell of a lot smoother and easier than bus  ML  ML. And that’s all without mentioning the oh-so-sexy, oh-so-likely possibility of Choice investigating Gandhi. Then they could kill the other clear, RR. Or if Choice didn’t look like he was gonna play ball, they could take him out.

Perhaps most importantly, your mislynch on D3 was a window that was going to shut come D4. Period. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Act now! Call a representative for a free brochure. You were getting mislynched D3 or not at all because Gandhi was the Other Lynch. Your lynch was what scum wanted on D3.

But REALLY look at the state of things after my case, man. Gandhi was on the stage in front of the red curtain, and he was choking. He couldn’t remember his lines. He was peeing his pants, like that kid from Magnolia. You could smell it, even though he tried oh so madly to hide his legs behind the podium. That motha****a was goin’ down.

So J plays it out textbook style: He says he doesn’t like his claim, doesn’t like his responses, and shivs the vote in. He can bite the bullet toMorrow; Gandhi’s flip allows him to disengage his pressure on you without really justifying the act of doing so. It’s just the only real play to make. Gandhi was going down, and being That Guy that defied it (remember, Gheb had unvoted and J’s vote was still on you) come D4 would have been a guaranteed loss.

And so J pops in on D4 and is sure to get his vote on Gheb before he’s at L-1. Jerkus, you later credited J with having the opportunity to quickhammer Gheb. I say he didn’t. He’d been going back and forth all day, and a sudden flip or ramping up of pressure, or hammering, would definitely have been the death of him toDay. I think there was only one person still alive that could have quickhammered Gheb and gotten away with it -- me, at the very start. There’d have been no discussion. No argument.

Posts like 2681 make it clear J was still very much willing to jump on and lynch gheb if the opportunity presented itself. If J is playing to his emotions, why is he threatening Gheb while mitigating the threat in the same breath? Shouldn’t he be as cold and needling as possible? Look at this post!

And in P2689, after the Event, J is almost hilariously hypocritical throwing a point up against me, but in the same post, saying he’s not going to push it until I’m feeling better. Ah, but he WILL mention it before I’m feeling better. Y’know, to execute some FUD. Cool story bro.

Most importantly, we wouldn’t have gotten to see J slither around and try to play Gheb and I against each other. He managed to position himself until it became “EE or Gheb”, instead of “EE or Gheb or J”. But nothing had really changed. It was still pretty much “Gheb, except people are occasionally talking about EE”. But Gheb was at my throat enough to draw my ire and narrow my suspicions from a tunnel to a pinhole. And Gheb got lynched, and J’s hands were off. That was the only way to play an extended D4; get us fighting, then be on the other side of the tracks when hammer dropped.

And it happened.

Jerkus said:
since EEscum already knows that Afro's the Godfather and then cleared Circustown will probably hand hold him to victory. And, as I stated in the beginning, I have to believe that's the only reason that I'm still here talking to you now. Look, I've come full circle! I'm gettin' pro wit dis ****.
You’ve come full circle, and now have I, coming back to stuff I’ve addressed. So I think it’s time to end this ****in’ thing.

I don’t think I’ll be posting any more today. It’s a work day, I’ve spent like 10-12 damn hours on this post and my brain is absolute mush. Please consider that courteously when it comes to structure and such. I’m sure it won’t be my cleanest post, but it’s definitely my heartiest, I think. I dunno, I might say some more after I shower and ****, if I feel more aware and such.

And to "die scum" -- no I won't because I'm not you butthole. :mad:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Evil Eye said:
J, I’d like to ask you to refrain from comment to this stuff until after Jerkus has read it. I say this because I’d like a pow-wow of my own; you said I got some one on one time, but I can’t think of any point where that was the case. So I’m flashing that card now. Say whatever you want after Jerkus ducks back in, but in the meantime, just pop a chill pill and wait. Please.
That is completely fair and I'll abide by it.

Just know, I spent an hour or so intently reading your final defense and my boot is tapping up a storm. There are some things I need to address after Circus reads it.

Circus, tell me when you are done reading and if you would like to respond/ask a few things before I post something.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright I'm out at my parties now. I'll see what I can do when I get back. Hopefully I'm not too exhausted.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Thank you, EE. I really appreciate the lengths to which you go to build your points. It helps a lot in a situation like this.

So I've read EE's pow-wow post. I'll keep my thoughts on it to myself for now. I'm going to reread D3 (again), and maybe some D4 too.

J, in the time it takes me to do this (and probably eat dinner), you can say whatever's making your foot tap, if you get a chance to get back online soon.

My vote may come tonight. I've got a lot going on tomorrow, and my plans may actually end up overlapping with the deadline (I didn't think this would be plausible until today), so to avoid the possibility of an accidental No Lynch (catastrophic!), I'll probably brass up my balls and come to a final decision before I go to bed tonight.

J, this mostly means that if you do get a chance to check the thread again tonight, don't just read and run. I urge you to make a post, if you can. Whatever you have left on your chest—get it off tonight.

Okay. Imma hop in my WABAC Machine and visit D3 again. BRB, keep my seat warm.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Try to stay up late, then, I guess. I'm heading to work now and I'll be back around 3am central.

And if not, then, good luck I guess. I hope you make the right call. Please think about all the times you've looked at J doing X scummy thing and then shoved it aside with a "but" of some kind before you make your decision. He's been getting away with a lot of zany **** toDay.

I guess I'll drop a couple quick points I forgot to in my earlier post. When I've repeatedly mentioned J's stilted town schtick, it was because I intended to eventually make a big "miscellaneous scumminess" kinda post to bring all my arguments together. It'd have been after analyses of D3-4, but obviously my response to your post kind of superseded all that.

Anyway, I think J's theatrical playstyle is at times a weakness for his scumplay and has been here. He gets caught up in the fact that he's doing a 'performance' of a townie and it starts to show in cagey comments that don't add anything other than to yell from the rooftops about how town he is in an awkward manner. Just look at the way he hammed up that whole conversation about who'd be mad at whom if you did X and town lost. He took that so much further than warranted. Dig up his first post in Bingo Mafia to see the kind of thing I mean. Good golly gosh am I glad to be town I was so tired of scum bleck. That's a rough paraphrase. I'd dig it up but I'm seriously pulling my work shirt and shoes on as I type this haha

Loudly narrating his GENIUS MASTER PLAN on D4 reeks of this kind of behavior as well while conveniently allowing him to reconfigure the way he played me and Gheb against each other as some kind of brilliant gambit that somehow solved the scenario and yet didn't result in him pushing the absolute **** out of the solution right away to turn the momentum around. Instead he goes on to "reread" while lightly objecting to the wagon (emphasis on "lightly") and, naturally, the Gheb wagon cruises into a lynch. But he didn't want that so it's all good. Insert night kill shenaniganry I've gone into and add salt for flavor. Instant scum win.

Another thing I want to point out is that J's argument about me not following up my questions is moot. As I said, I build paper trail. I ask questions with purpose, but I don't press issues unless there's a specific and quantifiable gain in doing it. Either through pressuring the individual for reactions or just to drive their lynch through for unforgivably transparent scumtelling. I did the same stuff in Bioware, and the game that doesn't exist. It's because I know my playstyle, and I know I'm going to look back on reread number 5 or 6 and wish I knew what player X thought of player Y at whatever point. Perfect example in this game was pressuring Gheb on D3, then dropping it when I decided I had gotten some solid scumminess out of him but wanted to pursue Gandhi. It's not a lack of follow-through; it's focus.

Ugh. Running out of time. I think that's about all I have to say. Just really think about what I've said. And look at J's D5 behavior. He's seriously teflonned a ridiculous amount of scumminess. Outright lying about D3, not only on what you conceded but concrete and undeniable facts about what was happening and where votes where and when things happened, then trying to glaze over my replies with smugness and the typical "the only liar here is you, scum *teflonteflon* is just straight up insane in the membrane. And I think the degree to which he tries to downplay and blatantly spin what happened on D3 and how much I had to do with what happened ON it shows that he really doesn't want you to look at it closely. Because the truth is in there. Plain as day.

And that's just one of several examples of his off-kilter behavior. He misrepresented my interactions with Gheb as well, talking about how I claimed Gheb was frothing out the mouth for your lynch D3 (while, hilariously enough, quoting me specifically saying I wasn't saying that), and also henpecking two posts and leaving out my multi-page-spanning argument with and responses to Gheb's Ragin Cajun Scumgasm of reactionary play.

Okay I think that at least dabbles in everything I wanted to say. J sucks and his arguments suck and he's scummy and he's been getting away with a lot of all that. The rest is on you. Try not to let him getting the last word in affect you too much, if you have to end this thing before I'm back.

See you on the other side.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Further points duly noted. And I'll definitely be staying up late tonight, regardless of mafia duties.

I will say that I'm leaning pretty hard one way right now. And if you think you know which way I'm leaning, you're probably right.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Got back early but more exhausted then I thought due to events. Regardless seems I am staying up all night with you Circus.

It's the finale.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The end of an era. Kind of appropriate, considering I saw Harry Potter today (or yesterday, technically, according to my time zone).

I took an unintentional nap a few hours ago and just woke up. So staying up will not be a problem for me. Let's do this.

Got anything to say, J?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Most of EE's huge post is again wrong because simple flaws in his logic that are proven in black and white.

Evil Eye said:
J voted for him (AFTER my case, and AFTER his response, and AFTER I said I don’t like his claim and still wanted to lynch him), and he got quickhammered. And the quickhammer was scummy.
Da hell is this? There are a few things in here. EE is heavily trying to imply that I voted for Afro because EE's convinced me via his Afro case(which isn't the case at all because Afro=Circus as my scum-picks that day AND the fact that I had been pushing Afro since T1), that Afro's response played a key part in what I did(which isn't, check below a bit), AND here is the kicker, EE tries to place himself before I said I disliked his claim. I was the first one to say I disliked Afro's BP claim.

Let's look at the order of these posts: Afro's claim, My response to his claim which heavily implies the major reason of my flip to him was because of his claim, and EE's very next post. In his post he never even mentions his claim. However let's bring up what he just said:

Evil Eye said:
J voted for him(AFTER I said I don’t like his claim and still wanted to lynch him.)
Evil Eye just told a HUGE lie to try and paint me as following him and just by looking at the quotes you can clearly see that. Evil Eye never talked about his liking of Afro's claim at all.

Now onto the next part I wanna look at. EE says that Gheb's quickhammer was scummy. As said by others, his quickhammer was scummy to others as well. However, let's remember something EE said about Afro's hammer. He said that his quickhammer of Gord for a scum-read he didn't have when there was time to push his scum-pick at the end of D1 was not scummy. However when Gheb does the same thing it = scummy? Why was it not scummy because Afro did it? Oh right, that's his scum-buddy.

EE says that his precious Afro case was the thing that sealed his fate and saved your life Cirucs and that is complete and utter garbage. Let's go into something: If you look at D3, you will see that I voted for Afro and put him at L-1 but then took my vote off to pursue Circus who at the time could be evened up (and only because I could pressure both my scum-picks at the same time). However, EE keeps on trying to paint the picture that he saved you from a ML. Here's what it actually was, Gheb was Afro/Circus lynch (leaning Circus), J was Afro/Circus(going either way), Choice was Afro/Circus/Gheb(Afro first then between Circus/Gheb), RR was on Afro/EE/(Afro then followed by EE, he cleared Circus in his mind), and all EE had was his scum-read on Afro.

No one was wavering from an AfroScum read and EE's case didn't do anything but just get it out there that he thought Afro was scum as well. He keeps on trying to bring up "Look! I pushed Afro, I'm so good because I started that." Which is bull. EE has done nothing individually and has alsways been opportunistic on his reads. He has never had a read that disagreed with the main town leader's thoughts (Circus'). He pushed me when I was the main topic. D2 he pushed no one. D3 he pushed Afro because that's what everyone was doing (if you actually read D3, you will see that it was set in everyone's minds that Gandhi would be the lynch that day.) D4 he pushed Gheb because that's what everyone else was doing.

Evil Eye said:
But to see you try to take Gandhi’s lynch away from me is literally outrageous. What the ****, dude.
Yet, he tries to take credit for the Afro lynch as being his lynch? He tries to paint that I just hopped on Gandhi because of what he did? Once again, blatant, black and white lies.

Evil Eye continues to preach that Mafia craved for Circus' ML D3 right? A simple question I would like to ask, If that is true, why was only one of the theoretical scum-mates pushing that lynch? In fact, Afro never even mentioned Circus as a lynch option and focused on Choice and then said J was their second scum-pick. Where did he show craving of wanting this ML and needing it? He continues to shoot this WIFOMy reasons to the rooftops as it being the most beneficial reason for scum to push your ML yet he has absolutely no proof or backing to his claims.

However once again EE is trying to use WIFOM as a substantial reason for trying to paint a different picture then actually happened. (more on this in a bit)

I find it grotesque that EE is trying to right off that he didn't follow up on many of questions because he was leaving a "paper trail". His excuse for not following up is a self-meta reason which is garbage. "Guys don't worry, I never follow up on my questions! I just leave a paper trail!" I mean really?

Evil Eye said:
J was “on” Laundry a whole bunch D1, then he ended up on Gorf’s lynch. Then he was “on” Gandhi AND Laundry, and then he wasn’t. And then Laundry got lynched and the Day ended with J’s vote on you. Then J pushed you on D3 (more on that later) and after Gandhi became the true center of attention amidst the deadlock, he switched rails, and Gheb quickhammered. I got muscled out of the lynch I pushed harder than anybody else, and yes, I’m going to keep ****ing saying that.

Then he was on Gheb when he was a Sure Thing lynch. That train stopped because of me. It was my decision not to end the game. For better or for worse, I am the reason we had such a long D4. Then J just waved back and forth in the wind, and ultimately settled against the tide.
There is so much wrong in this it's not even funny. "J ended up on Gorf?" Bull. I was one of the first people to hop onto Gord with Soupa and continue to push his lynch. In fact, that is where my vote stayed a huge chunk of the day. I even built a huge *** case on Gord/Ran/Laundry all together and also urged for people to lynch Gorf. "On WL a whole bunch D1." No, I wasn't at all. "Was on Gandhi AND Laundry then he wasn't." Bull. I was on Gandhi ever since I expressed discontent with him way back and D1 and that read stuck till he was dead. Laundry on the other hand I had even said that I thought Circus vs. Laundry was TvS and that I thought Circus was the scummy in the case. Did that eliminate complete suspicion of WL? Hell no it didn't. He lies about Gandhi not being the main center of attention all day and you merely being a thing I was pretty much pushing by myself and says that I switched rails in an almost flippant matter.

Next let's go onto his next paragraph that I really would like to tear into pieces. EE says he was the sole reason D4 wasn't ending? Because he was the main one stopping it? No it wasn't at all! I was the one that stopped the Gheb lynched, who pleaded for RR to unvote Gheb and to wait while I continued to prolong the day and push both Gheb/EE and figure out who the final scum was. The Gheb lynch train stopped because of me and had absolutely nothing to do with EE. In fact, when you look at D4, almost every single one of EE's posts revolves around adding more and more fire into the Gheb lynch. He paints me as just a waffling townie in the background? Da hell is this ****?

Let's go into something that follows in common with EE's last two posts. They are completely filled with WIFOM. After he brought up that quote by Tom he continued to just shout WIFOM = Good logic that can be used in LyLo instead of actual evidence. He continues to shout conjecture and meaningless drivel but doesn't back up what he claims. He is running out of stuff to try and manipulate so he is going to the banks of WIFOM to save him.

In fact, he is even trying to use meta as a reason to convict me as scum:

Evil Eye said:
Anyway, I think J's theatrical playstyle is at times a weakness for his scumplay and has been here. He gets caught up in the fact that he's doing a 'performance' of a townie and it starts to show in cagey comments that don't add anything other than to yell from the rooftops about how town he is in an awkward manner. Just look at the way he hammed up that whole conversation about who'd be mad at whom if you did X and town lost. He took that so much further than warranted. Dig up his first post in Bingo Mafia to see the kind of thing I mean. Good golly gosh am I glad to be town I was so tired of scum bleck. That's a rough paraphrase. I'd dig it up but I'm seriously pulling my work shirt and shoes on as I type this haha
He says that I am "theatrical" with my playstyle and that it affects my scum-play. He is trying to connect that one line I said to you which he said was cheeky and manipulates that as being a scum-tell to my scum manner? He even has the audacity to bring up Bingo mafia which was a game where I did say "Gee I am glad I got town." and tries then to connect it to that very most recent post of saying that Circus will have hell to pay if he messes up? EE is running out of reasons as said before and he is reaching for a point to call me as scum still. Plus the meta is even wrong which is the funniest part of it all!

That is all I have to say with response to EE's final defense that was sending my foot up a storm. It was a lot so I am sorry it took a bit longer then I though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The end of an era. Kind of appropriate, considering I saw Harry Potter today (or yesterday, technically, according to my time zone).

I took an unintentional nap a few hours ago and just woke up. So staying up will not be a problem for me. Let's do this.

Got anything to say, J?
Ironic as hell. I have nothing else to say personally. If you have any questions now, ask away because I most likely will be lingering around since now because I stayed up enough to get into a little mafia fit I am more awake then when I started that.

Basically in closing, EE is the final scum. I feel I have proven that well not only through showing my own side and offense but through my defense of his points as well. His arguments have numerous flaws to them that can be shown by re-reading and by looking at certain quotes. I mean I feel like I am tl;dr my posts here but I'm a bit tired now of everything.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm gonna head off for the night. If what you say is true, I guess this is my last post before your decision. Probably the best thing is some alone time with your thoughts. So yeah, best of luck to the decision.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Okay. Moment of truth, guys. Before I hammer, I want to tell you guys that you both made this a very interesting lylo for me ("stressful" may be a more appropriate word for you guys, but I had fun). You've both given me a lot to think about, and I've felt myself solidly sway in both of your directions a few different times over the course of this Day. It's really been a pretty difficult decision for me, partly due to well argued cases and rebuttals, and partly due to some paranoia on my part, I'll admit. Regardless of who I pick and whether or not I'm right, the peanut gallery will probably be in here the second the game ends to talk about how they totally knew who the last scum was and they wouldn't have wavered this much and Circus should never be allowed in lylo ever again, blahblahblah. Whatever, I'm already over it.

But I have made a final decision. After rereading the same posts over and over again, from different angles, and revisiting each of your arguments and points of view again and again, and flip-flopping pretty much every time I did it, and driving myself crazy with my own loss of conviction, I've finally committed to something.

Vote: J

I may decide to go more deeply into what lead to this decision after the game ends and we see if I made the right call. But for now, I'll just leave this here and wait for Swords to finally finish this.

EE, if you're scum, well ****ing played. Seriously, epic arguing skills.

J, if you're town...oops. :embarrass:

Top Bottom