• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Red Ryu (???, ???) has been killed during the Night!

---

Vote Count

J ()
Evil Eye ()
Circus ()

Not voting: J, Evil Eye, Circus

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch!

Day 5 begins!

Deadline has been set for July 14th, 9:00am EST.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
First time in LYLO ever. So weird this feeling.

I am a little bitter that Gheb was lynched especially considering some things I found while I was reading but I guess I must digress at that point.

Circus, question:

Who serves first?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Evil Eye! It is going to be so much fun debating you!

However, you are scum and therefore will be the one dying toDay. I will not be the one losing this because of how damn far this game has come and there is no way you are escaping with my death.

This game has my full attention over any games. It's time to finally get serious.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Gheb: my sincerest apologies.

Circus, question:

Who serves first?
Well, you might as well vote for EE and maybe start throwing things you have/find against him whenever you feel like doing so.

EE, I suppose it's fair to let you know right off the bat that you currently have more work to do than J does to win me over. The fact that I'm still alive and not Red Ryu very heavily suggests that you are the final scum to me, because I showed more willingness to lynch J than Ryu did. J and I have already had a pretty epic battle this game, where as you and I have been on pretty good terms throughout. Hoping our buddy-buddy relationship carries you to the finish line? That's what I'm currently thinking.

Add that to the simple fact that J seemed more genuinely interested in finding scum yesterDay. Really, the most out of anyone left in the game at the time, including myself. He had many chances to hammer Gheb that he did not take, and he even knew that Ryu would probably follow him on your lynch if he could get Gheb lynched. Then all he would really have to do to win would be to kill me and victory would be close enough to lick without leaning forward. Assuming he were scum, of course.

So this leads me to wonder how J could be scum. You being much more eager to lynch Gheb; me being alive rather than Ryu.... I'm apprehensive about this, of course, since I've lost as town before due to J's ability to just fake it hardcore. But that's where my head's at.

Feel free to respond to this however you'd like. Anyone.

I've never been in this position before. I don't like it. I suppose I owe this game a reread sometime in the near future.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Today is certainly not my day with mafia. I will respond to your post when I am more awake/in a mafia mood. I keep messing up in other non-existing games, and I cannot mess up in this game.

I can respond to one thing though, although I know Evil Eye must be the last scummy simply with PoE alone but I am gonna be more cautious laying my vote down if you get where I am coming from.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Evil Eye, would you rather present your case on me first or would you rather my case on you comes first?

I don't know what to do besides just ask and oblige at this point. ^^"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can respond to one thing though, although I know Evil Eye must be the last scummy simply with PoE alone but I am gonna be more cautious laying my vote down if you get where I am coming from.
I don't, actually. If you're town, then you know EE has to be scum, therefor there should be no reason for you not to put your vote on him. Even if I decide I want to quick hammer him (I won't; Gheb's flip has humbled me this game), you should have no problem with that since you know he's scum.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EE, I suppose it's fair to let you know right off the bat that you currently have more work to do than J does to win me over. The fact that I'm still alive and not Red Ryu very heavily suggests that you are the final scum to me, because I showed more willingness to lynch J than Ryu did. J and I have already had a pretty epic battle this game, where as you and I have been on pretty good terms throughout. Hoping our buddy-buddy relationship carries you to the finish line? That's what I'm currently thinking.
I was afraid of having this exact conversation. Once I shook off the surreal revelation of Gheb actually somehow being town, I had a feeling this would be lylo.

If you look at it a little closer (all obvious WIFOM aside), though, it doesn't retain as much water as y'might think. I think you can agree that you are a bit more concrete in your convictions than Red Ryu. The thing about RR is that, in my experience, he tends to play on gut. Sometimes his reads will be good (Afro for example), but he doesn't always have a worthwhile basis for them. Not wanting to attribute his read to gut, he grasps for something. Anything. Sadly, he does this with his bad reads, as well.

What I'm getting at is that RR's rationale, behind any read, well usually be pretty damn shaky. He can be outclassed. He can be shown up, bedazzled. He can be bullied. He can be convinced.

On the other side of the coin, we have you. I'm not going to pretend I know how you think or how you play, because we never did play together much back in the day. But I have seen enough of your play to know that your reads stick harder and longer than many players, including (hell, especially) Red Ryu. With the both o' you having expressed strong-yet-peripheral suspicions of me yesterDay, is it really in my best interest to take you into lylo?

I'm trying to say all this without self-metaing to make you really consider the facts of it. That's why I'm not gonna say **** about "what I'd do is..." because that's BS most of the time and counterproductive fluff otherwise.

I think J killed RR for all the reasons I've just said, and more importantly, to make you assert precisely what you just did. To crack the dawn of lylo with maximum tilt. And it's working. That is bad. Consider the other side of it.

So this leads me to wonder how J could be scum. You being much more eager to lynch Gheb; me being alive rather than Ryu.... So this leads me to wonder how J could be scum. You being much more eager to lynch Gheb; me being alive rather than Ryu.... I'm apprehensive about this, of course, since I've lost as town before due to J's ability to just fake it hardcore. But that's where my head's at..
And here you have the earthly core of all this WIFOM shenaniganry, and again continue exactly the line of thought that RR's death frames as clear and obvious, when it's anything but that.

You and Ryu would both be happy to lynch me toDay, based on yesterDay's posts in the eleventh hour, and therefore either of you being alive would be rather path of least resistance. But Ryu would be easier for me to knock around toDay -- which I sure as hell would because I don't make a habit of trusting judgment -- and incriminate the hell out of me with his death. You'd be infinitely harder to budge, were sitting on approximately the same stance as far as the public was concerned, and would be starting the day with a bad impression. The kind of bad impression that might counterbalance my argumentative skills or, y'know, perhaps being town and therefore right.

Your current existence is much better for scumJ, and the reasons for as much are literally playing out as we speak.

You ask how J can be scum. Rather easily, would be my reply, but then you're not sitting in my unfortunately well-framed and yet highly lucid chair. D4's happenings? Eh. I can answer to that, but can't I always?

Which brings me to my next point:

Gheb can suck a bag of ****s, because you are clear by play, cop, godfather death and just about every nuance that isn't a notarized legal document. Because of this, and because I want to trust your judgment (since it tends to be above average on the not-******** scale), I'm going to ask you an unusual question.

What do you want from me? You admit I'm at a handicap. Okay. That means for town to win, I need to realign that handicap so that you will vote with me. Since that's a rather perilous shindig to find myself in, I'd like to give you a chance to outline your own parameters for the Day. Like it or not, toDay really isn't about finding scum. Not for me, at least, and not for J, in the bizarro parallel universe where this same game is playing out and he's town (and also the earth is square and hamburgers eat people). Nor for our very real this-universe scumJ.

ToDay is all about you, and what you think. At best J and I are just going to be nagging little ******* standing on your shoulders and yelling into your ears.

So I say give the Day some structure that will best suit the way you think and the current situation; what'll allow you to make the right call. I know the right call. I have the mighty power of truth on my side -- the right call does not scare me. So frame things the way you want them to be, put on your sheriff hat, chew some tobacky, and take control.

Formal debate? Politics-style nonstop evidence-producin' war? Coin flip? Something a whole lot better than the sentence preceding this one I would hope? It's on you.

Here, let me give you a shove in the right direction:

I am prepared to tell you why J is scum. I will mention scummy things he has done, and thanks to the powers of PoE, I can even make educated estimations as to what he was trying to do at various given moments without it being baseless speculation. I will also defend any questioned behavior and anything you have concerns about, and generally make myself accountable for and explain any of my thoughts from any point in the game.

Here's a free sample: I think J had zero chance to quickhammer Gheb because of the way he positioned himself between the two of us and because of that he needed to be either riding a Sure Thing Lynch (which never really materialized) or pushing the opposite bandwagon when the hammer fell. As such I think you're misguided with a vengeance on that one, though I guess I'll probably end up sayin' that a lot if things don't start to give.

I also think withholding his vote in one of the most blatantly obvious 3man crossvotin' fistfight scenarios I've ever seen is both nonsensical and scummy. What's the point? What's the percentage? What factors are making him decide not to vote for me other than to once again straddle a line as he did on D4, except for the fact that in this case it doesn't even exist? ****'s weird man.

Anyways. First thing's first last.

Vote: J

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't, actually. If you're town, then you know EE has to be scum, therefor there should be no reason for you not to put your vote on him. Even if I decide I want to quick hammer him (I won't; Gheb's flip has humbled me this game), you should have no problem with that since you know he's scum.
I mean, I guess I should just be real and come out with it, is that I am scared is all. I have been told to never EVER quick vote in LYLO because you can never be too sure of anything but I guess this situation is a different type because you have been cleared by a sane cop flip saying they have an innocent on you.

Vote: Evil Eye

*reading EE's post now*

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EBWOP:

"But Ryu would be easier for me to knock around toDay -- which I sure as hell would because I don't make a habit of trusting his judgment..."

Also I jerkfaced up some formatting I but generally it's all good.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Finished reading EE's 2769. Man I am so amped for this.

EE, the first part of your post is just strictly NK speculation and you trying to defend yourself to that. We all three know to follow that logic to convict someone as scum is WIFOM and utter BS. I don't get why you actually take the time to try and disect that and try and use it as a reason to why I would choose RR>Circus for the kill. Then in your next paragraph'd section you continue this WIFOM debate and then again sum it up with "Your existance Circus is a good reason for Jscum." and that logic is just flat out bad.

Your next section is AtE about Gheb's lynch and about Circus saying you have a handicap. You also talk about his decision making being important which is kind of irrelevant because he should know the degree of his decision.

Then you talk about me positioning myself which I don't even get what you are talking about. I had an inkling you were going to bring this up because I even called you on this yesterDay during twilight as not even true in the slightest.

@EE: 2767 please and thanks.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EE, the first part of your post is just strictly NK speculation and you trying to defend yourself to that. We all three know to follow that logic to convict someone as scum is WIFOM and utter BS. I don't get why you actually take the time to try and disect that and try and use it as a reason to why I would choose RR>Circus for the kill.
Really? You don't know why?

Really?

Maybe because it has kind of become relevant? You can dislike what I'm puttin' down all you like, but don't even try to pretend I just started pulling irrelevant **** out of my *** and couldn't stop the brown flood. We've all got basic reading comprehension here, bub.

Then in your next paragraph'd section you continue this WIFOM debate and then again sum it up with "Your existance Circus is a good reason for Jscum." and that logic is just flat out bad.
No it isn't.

We're having this conversation. It is the predictable conversation playing out literally exactly how one could surmise dead RR live Jerkus lylo to play out. With gypsy seer-like accuracy. You don't like the logic, but no, it is not bad. WIFOM has its place in mafia, otherwise DGames town'd all just make the most obvious assumptions and get their ***** kicked in by any scum with any kind of balls or brains.

Your next section is AtE about Gheb's lynch and about Circus saying you have a handicap. You also talk about his decision making being important which is kind of irrelevant because he should know the degree of his decision.
There's no AtE at all -- it's a statement of facts. It's a fact that I have a handicap I need to unshackle, and I'm going to do what is necessary to unshackle said handicap. The fact that you don't want that to happen does not make it an AtE. Really now.

It's also a fact that Gheb can suck a bag of ****s.

Second of all, no, I talked about his decision being the fulcrum of toDay's play. Not "important". I then went on to push the Day in the direction that I think is best, which is for Jerkus to set the parameters of discussion. Why I was doing that and what I meant by parameters was completely relevant to what I was saying.

Just because it's 3man lylo doesn't mean I'm going to put up with an onslaught of oul oversimplifications of every damn thing I say. I've already had my share of that, and strawmen too, thank ya kindly. Keep doing it, expect to keep getting called out.

Then you talk about me positioning myself which I don't even get what you are talking about. I had an inkling you were going to bring this up because I even called you on this yesterDay during twilight as not even true in the slightest.
You do realize you basically said "I KNEW you were gonna call me scum but I totally already called you out yesterDay cuz you're WRONGGGG buddy! Oh yeah baby I won the shiiiiit out of that argument. Get at me."

Obviously I have more to say about that. I'm waiting to see what toDay's going to look like before I go blurting **** out for no gain.

@EE: 2767 please and thanks.
Hurp durp I already said I wanted Jerkus to decide on the structure of toDay? You might have noticed if you weren't so busy figuring out ways to twist my words around and generally slather mud on 'em while reading my post.

Thanks for asking the guy you "know" is scum how he wants to handle the Day though! What am I readiiiiiiiiiiing.

Spidey sense is telling me I'm gonna say that a lot toDay, but seriously. What am I reading.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jeezus EE, I was only trying to be polite with the asking who should go first to be fair but you even try and use that as well? You also poison the water by saying, "Well maybe if you aren't busy twisting my words and slathering mud on them then maybe you could have seen." which is just filthy.

EE, do you have any solid proof that I killed RR over Circus besides frivalent speculation? No. You do not.

Hide behind Circus for a while to make his decision. I can wait. Sooner or later, however, you will have to step up to the mound and face me EE with your "evidence" of me being scum. No matter how many curveballs/fastballs you throw, I'll be there to hit them homeruns out of the park.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
By virtue of knowing that you are scum, I can speculate on a wider range of subjects without it being... frivolous? I'm guessin' that's what you were goin' for. I have to answer to the present situation with more than silence, and therefore I'm sure as hell going to comment on it and what I think is happening.

Also the hypocrisy of saying you don't like me using a mudslathering analogy for you twisting and oversimplifying what I say immediately before using a baseball analogy with identical intentions, and with less basis to do so, is more than a bit redonkulous.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*shrug* poisoning the water/poisoning the water hole, tomato/tomahto.

Soooo I guess you and I aren't gonna do anything till he gives schematics to what he wants done. I am more or less just curious to what angle you are gonna go about to call me scum. I have a few inklings to what you could do and the curiosity is killing me because I have quotes as well to help me back up my thoughts.

Can you at least give me an insight?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I fail to see how that would help anything... at all...

You are scum, and I need you to be lynched. Therefore, I need Jerkus to want to lynch you. What's the point in disclosing my angle on your play? Why would I do that? How would that be a good thing?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*siiiiiiiigh*

Dude, lighten. up. It was truly just a light-hearted joke with no evil intentions in it.

You already lied in your last post though because I am not scum. =3c I just can't wait for this debate to begin.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You're such a bore.

Seriousness will come in due time. However, we both know the definite truth.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I mean, I guess I should just be real and come out with it, is that I am scared is all. I have been told to never EVER quick vote in LYLO because you can never be too sure of anything but I guess this situation is a different type because you have been cleared by a sane cop flip saying they have an innocent on you.

Vote: Evil Eye

*reading EE's post now*
Hate this post, just letting you know.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
First thing that comes to mind is why?

Also Circus, can you tell us who you want to respond first EE or Myself. We are at a standstill waiting for ya to decide.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Because I don't like that it took you that long to vote, and the idea that you were too scared to do it because it's lylo, but then suddenly remembered that I'm clear as a bell seems fake and silly.

I don't care. Respond as you will. Rules are stupid. I'll judge you guys just fine as long as you post. Just say what's in your heart. I'm not going to give you guys a clear schematic of how you guys should be posting to appeal to me.

But both of you should definitely start giving me reasons to think the other is scum. Like, whatever you've got. Anything at all.

Like I said, I owe this game a reread of my own, but that's not happening tonight.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I didn't "remember" but seriously I can't say more then I did besides I have been told to take it a lot more cautious of everything/everyone when all the facts are out in LyLo. Also "that long" was the same day the game re-opened.

Anyways, I'm going to be dragging up stuff and it might take a bit to get a post done but I'll try and get it up sooner rather then later.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I didn't "remember" but seriously I can't say more then I did besides I have been told to take it a lot more cautious of everything/everyone when all the facts are out in LyLo. Also "that long" was the same day the game re-opened.
Okay. That may be true. But you had already posted several times since the Day had begun before finally voting for EE (only after he voted for you), even though, regardless of how ridiculously cautious you've been taught to be in lylo, your only two options are a claimed VT and a cop-cleared player with a Godfather in the graveyard. There's just no reason not to vote for EE, from your perspective, as soon as the Day begins. I can't be scum. This was true long before this Day began. You saying "well, I'm just being really careful" doesn't sit well with me.

Anyways, I'm going to be dragging up stuff and it might take a bit to get a post done but I'll try and get it up sooner rather then later.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

EE, if I only end up really talking to J toDay, that's most likely going to end up meaning bad news for you (and me, if you're town). Fair warning. ScumJ's good at playing me, so you're going to have to be vocal if you're on my side here.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Don't worry. I'mma muscle through this funk and do mah ****, I wasn't plannin to let J pull no fast ones.

Actually I wanted to do a buncha stuff today but I fell asleep in the early afternoon until the early night which always totally butts up my sleep-and-anything schedule. I blame comfortable furnishings. But yeah, I'm in no mood for scumhunting, even if I know what scum I'm hunting.

I'll get a ballin sleep on and go full rEEtard tomorrow.

(And I mean, you don't need me to tell you that J's withholding his vote was indeed scummy as **** and so was his actual conceding votepost, but hey. I'll say it anyway.)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Circus, I only played you once as scum. You really need to let that go.. I also don't think EE's constant buddying is helping ya either at this point.

I also may separate things by Days to make things easier because this post was intended to save Gheb yesterDay before RR went ahead at quickhammered. Might even have a sparknotes version to go with it even though I hate doing those but it'll be easier on you two to digest.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems I have some time to relax and re-read/drag up quotes. I'm gonna get to that with some music and lunch and hopefully get something up before the time I have to go to rehearsal/chill with friends.

We still have an entire week though so yay on that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am sorry I got a bit distracted today with video games(L4D2/Brawl) and some tv show with a friend so I didn't get as much stuff as I wanted to do.

I fully re-read all of D1 and dragged up the quotes from that day that interest me. I have a post in the making and will most likely have D1 up toMorrow.

Then it's time to work on D2/D3 stuff.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I got my D1 post done, but I am rushing out the door to a party and I think it would be better if I waited to post each segment together.

Circus, how is that re-read going?

EE, how is your re-read going? Do you have anything to present against me yet?

Seriously, am I by myself in this LYLO?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Uhhhhhh. I might not be keepin' a twitter-style itinerary of what I'm doin', but that don't mean I ain't doin' nuthin'.

I started up a full-on maximum EE thang yesterday, as I said I would. Was up all night workin' it. It's gettin there. Like half done or sumsin. Got work tonight and tomorrow, though, so that's gonna be a pain in the ***.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Circus, I only played you once as scum. You really need to let that go..
It's still the best thing I have to go on for judging your play and how I react to it. I'm just saying, I have good reason to be wary of you.

I also don't think EE's constant buddying is helping ya either at this point.
It definitely isn't.

Circus, how is that re-read going?
Not gonna lie, I've just been totally slacking on that. I was also kind of hoping I would get a little something from you and EE before diving back into the first few Days. Things you guys think I should be paying particular attention to when reading the other's posts. Just something to hopefully make my job a little easier. Not that I'm trying to john; I've been a total bum in this game lately.

Seriously, am I by myself in this LYLO?
No, but it's pretty fun watching you talk to yourself. :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am almost done my re-read but I thought of something we should do so we can guarantee more time for discussion.

Request Deadline Extension

We haven't used one all game and I think now would be the best time.

Top Bottom