• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
tentative MVP: EE

Despite me saying he played decent I keep thinking about the situation of coming into that 3 man and the daunting task he needed to do to pull it out. He was truely at a huge disadvantage and props for convincing Circus otherwise.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
J played fine up until LYLO. He rolled into LYLO with the biggest town read circus could have ever wanted, and then he played like shiet. He was afraid to vote EE when circus was cleared town, afraid to do anything until circus told him to do it, and only started attacking EE correctly after Circus explained to him twice what he was interested in. EE didn't even have to play that well, honestly, (imo he played decent) J just doesn't know how to run lylo.
No.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
tentative MVP: EE

Despite me saying he played decent I keep thinking about the situation of coming into that 3 man and the daunting task he needed to do to pull it out. He was truely at a huge disadvantage and props for convincing Circus otherwise.
lol no

Vote: No MvP

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Stealing something from Asdioh for a sec.

Sorry to rub salt on the wounds, but you didn't play great in LYLO in my opinion. Ask Sword, I literally called every single thing about this game to him correctly in private, whether it be the scumteam or the players the PRs would target in the night. Literally spot on. My final prediction was that you would body in lylo and I'm surprised that you didn't.

Kuzi said:
You had come in playing a great D2-D4 and looked incredibly pro-town. Gheb pulled up info relevant to EEscum before dying and both Cirus and RR were on your side going into that Day.

You let it slip.
Lol no.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You're maintaining that J was obv town and EE doesn't deserve MVP for convincing Circus otherwise. So you think the entire reason town lost was because Cirus played badly?

lol no

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kuzi said:
He rolled into LYLO with the biggest town read circus could have ever wanted
Lmao no. That's not even close to true.

Kuzi said:
He was afraid to vote EE when circus was cleared town
I forgot it's pro-town to quick-vote in my first post during LyLo.

Kuzi said:
afraid to do anything until circus told him to do it
Lol no.

Kuzi said:
and only started attacking EE correctly after Circus explained to him twice what he was interested in.
Lol no.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I completly disagree.

J if you thought you played well in LYLO, you're completely kidding yourself. Independent of any info you gave Circus he independently came to the conclusion that EE was probably scum due to like 6 different connection variables. Your actual play was the thing giving Circus doubts.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, I handed all the information you needed for the correct lynch after I was hammered on a ****ing silver platter. At that point it didn't even make sense for J to be scum. EEs walls were pro-town? You should've straight up hammered him after his 2808 imo. You're normally a pretty good player, I don't see why you were acting so irrational after being cleared.
Regardless of who I pick and whether or not I'm right, the peanut gallery will probably be in here the second the game ends to talk about how they totally knew who the last scum was and they wouldn't have wavered this much and Circus should never be allowed in lylo ever again, blahblahblah. Whatever, I'm already over it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, I thought you were gonna choose correctly after I saw you starting to suspect EE at the end. He was soooo buddyish o_o apparently he was buddyish to you earlier in the game (which I didn't read) but in lylo just the way he talked seemed... bleck.
I really almost just voted for him then. After I let his walls' initial impression fade on me, and looked back at the stuff that initially made me consider him the better lynch and digging up even more **** that I didn't like, I really just thought "this has gotta be it." In place of my "list of grievances" post, I was actually this close to just voting for him. But I decided to tell him how I felt and see what his response was instead.

Then I let him get his claws in me again and I derp'd.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I completly disagree.

J if you thought you played well in LYLO, you're completely kidding yourself. Independent of any info you gave Circus he independently came to the conclusion that EE was probably scum due to like 6 different connection variables. Your actual play was the thing giving Circus doubts.

Lmao you definitely didn't read LyLo then.

You will keep on saying I played like **** when quite frankly, I'm not disappointed how I played really.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
nothing for soupy over here? nothing at all?

i thought i did well, i got a bit off-track at times, but i did well.

yeah, i was wrong about gord but i convinced everybody to vote him, and get him lynched, at that point i think me and J were the only ones actually agreeing on stuff, it's a freaking miriacle that we were, i'm usually at J's throat.

*sigh* gg scum.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Soup you played pretty well. Just don't almost believe a doc claim as jailer looool.

J I'm not saying you have to feel bad about the way you played and you don't of course but I'm tellin you my view on the subject. I did read LYLO on depth. I even sat down and read every post by EE because I was interested in the game and my view remains the same regardless of your oh so witty responses.

So tell me. Why did you lose on LYLO? Did EE out play you or did Circus screw up?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Don't give J too much ****. I lost my groove by D4 and got paranoid of both the people I was in lylo with by D5. Every time I thought I finally had my head on straight, I started questioning everything again and pulled a 180. Ultimately, it's my fault. Personally, I consider this more of a testament to EE's legendary arguing ability rather than J playing poorly. And to EE's good fortune, he was dealing with a pretty malleable Circus in endgame.

So, yeah. MVP: EE, in spite of the fact that if Gheb had been in lylo I'm sure he totally would have put two in his chest without flinching, then dramatically whipped his trench coat around and walked silently into the night as the credits rolled.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Soup, the best thing about you was how obvtown you were. I never had to worry about you for a second. It sucked to see you go.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Evil Eye said:
Did EE out play you or did Circus screw up?
1.) It's freaking EE. If I had beaten him, **** would have hit the ceiling EE outplayed me by the way he buddied Circus and was able to convince him with his arguing skills onto his side.

2.) Yes, Circus did screw up and that's a pretty big reason why LyLo was lost.

So I choose C Kuzi being both.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah, i jailed Afro that night i was trying to block the kill too, i felt that EE was a likely target also, and i actually was gonna make a huge case on EE if i were alive, but i missed my oppurtunity.

and don't feel bad Jerkus, you done tried, both had holes in their arguements in lylo, EE just happened to fill them better.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
1.) It's freaking EE. If I had beaten him, **** would have hit the ceiling EE outplayed me by the way he buddied Circus and was able to convince him with his arguing skills onto his side.

2.) Yes, Circus did screw up and that's a pretty big reason why LyLo was lost.

So I choose C Kuzi being both.
So your thoughts on MVP?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It doesn't really matter to me whether EE gets MvP or not.

I most likely won't vote because I don't care either way. I can see both rationales to whether he deserves it or not.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Town messed up on a lot of angles, Soup counter claimed poorly, Circus honestly imo should not have bought what EE was saying in lylo and let his past game with J paranoia get to him, I claimed while "having fun" when I really should not have.

I'm not voting either way but I can see those as possible reasons for it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Circus has a big reason to play as to why there should be no MvP rationale.

Kuzi, let me ask, if I had won against EE in LyLo, would I have deserved MvP?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
I don't know.

I would ask myself: How did Circus come to the conclusion of J scum?

I mean, Circus agreed to EE's walls, and I did too...

Oh btw EE, that "savant warrior moment" thing, didn't mean I forgot J was distancing in the first place, but the first part of the sentence was new to me and the second just the same old thing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
1.) AfroGandhi

Seriously, you were my strongest scum-read all game. The way you played was just lying through your teeth constantly, holding double standards, and just overall scummy play. You tried to justify your quickhammer which was scummy. Then a BP claim of all claims? Nah man. Nah. Congratz though on your side winning in the end.

2.) J

Nothing much to say this time.

3.) Ranmaru

You played so scummy D1. Like grah. I don't really have much to say besides that I disliked your slot and when it died N1 it was kindof a relief because I honestly thought you were scum and to have someone like that die regardless helps. GGs.

4.) Soupamario

This is how you should play mafia. Like honestly, you played so well this game and I had been giving you accolades outside of the game because I liked your play so much this game. You were actually using your head. The only grievance is the Ran situation but meh the rest of your play outshines that. We both convinced people to lynch Gord and save me at the end of D1. Doc claim was also a bit sad to see since it was a little obv what WL was doing but I think it's because that is one of the first times you ever played a PR and knew you had auto-scum at that point. You played a great game overall and personally as I see it, this is your best game.

5.) Ryker

I don't really have much to say but thanks Ryker-duder for kicking my *** back in D1.

6.) Evil Eye

Bitter bitter bitter bitter bitter bitter bitter. So bitter you won when you were so obvious. Man you played really good in LyLo with having Circus as your ***** and I have never seen someone BS so much stuff in such length to make it seem like they were town. I mean bravo and I can't really say I am too upset that I lost to ya in LyLo because of how good of a player you are naturally after years of playing. Congratz on your win, whether you win MvP for it or not is entirely up to the mod. Man though some of the stuff you said made me laugh even though you were attacking me.

7.) Gheb_01

I am entirely sorry I couldn't safe your lynch D4. Like I already told ya this but still. You were a dumb lynch and EE was way more obvscum then you were, especially after your responses. However you died purely because Circus got tunnel-minded and didn't listen to anyone anymore. You played a good game otherwise and we were pretty much in sync with our reads. It was nice tearing apart logic with ya. I think I'm most likely joining Poke Upick so I can join your last game for a while. GGs though Gheb.

8.) Circus

*insert massive rage output here*

Regardless Circus, I didn't really care for your play this game. You were indeed scummy and even scummy so much that I pushed you passed the cop clear until the godfather flipped. Then when you were proven cleared you took Gheb and started to shake him around like a ragdoll because you were like "Lol Gheb scum!" and your reasons were just pure conjecture. Then you let EE buddy you in LyLo and it got the better of you. Like seriously this is twice in a row with you and me where you have been buddied/manipulated in Lylo/Mylo. EE used you as his little marionette this entire game. His walls and flaws in them and I pointed them out but you were too sold on him. I mean I don't have much to say besides I'm just incredibly dissappointed that you lynched me over him. GGs regardless.

I'll let ya in on a little secret though. Had you had hammer'd EE here's the post I was gonna make for you.

J said:
Just because.

9.) Shinarouji

You didn't really do anything dear.

10.) Gordito

Why do you play so scummy?

11.) vVv Choice

You played mighty scummy D1. However with your claim you helped us get WL. But I mean that's kindof what saved ya was your claim. You didn't play horrible but you didn't play fantastic if ya get what I mean? Overall I'm neutral to ya and would actually like to see you do more as town since this was your first town game iirc? GGs man.

12.) Red Ryu

You actually played a really good game this game Red Ryu. You were on a lot of the same tracks of mind I was. However I am still a little bitter that you didn't even give me the chance to try and show you how EE>Gheb for a lynch that day. You had even been saying the entire game that EE was your second major scum-pick but it went away once Gheb did his reaction to the wagon. You were pretty obvtown before you did your drunken claim but your claim actually made things a whole lot tighter for scum. It wasn't the best thing though. Well GGs regardless and I can't wait to play with ya again.

13.) WashedLaundry

I am still bitter a bit that I changed my D1 read of you because I knew Circus vs. You had to be SvT but I thought Circus was the scummy out of you two. *shrug* Win some, ya lose some. Your gambit man made me laugh a lot. Congratz on your side winning.

=================

As I said before I'm not going to be voting MvP this game. It's up to Swords imo.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I really almost just voted for him then. After I let his walls' initial impression fade on me, and looked back at the stuff that initially made me consider him the better lynch and digging up even more **** that I didn't like, I really just thought "this has gotta be it." In place of my "list of grievances" post, I was actually this close to just voting for him. But I decided to tell him how I felt and see what his response was instead.

Then I let him get his claws in me again and I derp'd.
And the worst part is no one can really tell you "oh, just don't be indecisive" because being indecisive is what let you get to that point.

#HBC | ѕoup

Washed i don't love you anymore, i was thinking about forgiving you, but my heart can't go on with this scum win.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Stop the presses. Circus was never scummy in my pov (from D1). I honestly thought you were scum, J. I'll try to read you better in the future though.

Also most of the time Soup was attacking me, I could tell he was still town but when connected with you J, I failed.

Don't think you ever gave a good reason for my scumminess though. Took you a while to even do that.

Sometimes I forget to follow up on my questions.

Gheb purposely doesn't answer MY ****ING questions and only answers about you. How sweet.

So I ignore what he says and ask him the same question.

Where did you see me not following up on my questions J? I'll look at those moments to see why I forgot or something. I want to be as consistent as possible.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I love Asdioh's gif but I'm not gonna post it again for Ranmaru.

======

Getting lynched as town bites so much. Even more so that it's LyLo.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
J I'm asking a serious question. ;-;

Anyways, I think it is also stressful to make the wrong decision in Lylo. I'm pretty sure Circus is head desking a bit. I mean that's how I feel if I choose wrong in Lylo. I can't forgive myself.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ranmaru, I showed you were I thought you weren't following up on your questions when I had a problem with it. I also presented that case on you too. Btw I meant to post the pic thing to the Circus was not scummy in your opinion.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

So I guess I can tell you why I kinda just exploded to end D2.

Throughout the entire game, I was playing suicidal. I could've let Gandhi do the job but I don't think I trusted his ability not to get lynched. We not only needed Ryker gone, we wanted him gone. Sure, he was inactive to start the game, but having played with that guy so much, I know that if I leave him alive, he will somehow lead the game to victory for town no matter how scummy he starts. So I devised a plan to kill Ryker.

There's a reason I ***** about reads lists. It's because scum loves them. My entire goal was to have Ryker sit at a consensus scumread or nullread and then off him at night because no doctor is going to protect their null reads, let alone scum reads. I had to attack Ryker just enough to make people distrust him just enough that the doc wouldn't protect him and I think that happened, maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

And even if we did pick up the obv connection between Ryker and Ran, I wasn't interested in taking the risk that they were Masons, not lovers.

So that case was scummy as **** and I was pretty much obvscum for the rest of the game. Whoever says the game gets a lot more fun when you no longer give a damn about dying is absolutely right. I pressured Choice because he seemed like a good scum target and there absolutely were questions about his play that weren't answered. His initial stances at the start of the game were trashgarbage and he just played bad. I started to suspect he might've been the cop midway through the wagon and when I finally confirmed this, I made a snap decision that I had been planning since the end of D1: claim doc.

I saw four situations arising from that claim:
1. I am instantly lynched because no one believes me.
2. I draw a protective CC (which is what happened).
3. I draw the cop who claims after checking me based on my claim.
4. I am left alone.

First situation was a failure, anything else was gravy. In this instance, I already had the cop out there so I wasn't too worried about that. My whole goal was to net a CC after getting the cop out (and we knew it was a jailer when Choice claimed he got RBed). Soup claimed and then we were set.

After that, I trolled. I was hoping that Choice would clear Afro for like a day at least but he outsmarted me in that regard and made it go to 2-1 LyLo cause he made the right choice and checked someone other than his scumreads. Circus was an outstanding Choice. My other goal, once I had the cop and doc on the table for EE and Afro, was to establish another scummy connection or two to set up the mislynches for my remaining scumbuddies. Thankfully, Circus was spouting J and Gheb as potential scumbuddies for me. I think I actually damned Afro by mentioning J too much but the scummy connection to Gheb was still there.

And that D4 implosion was nothing short of sweet.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
But that was after. I purposely ignored following up on my question to you because I wanted an answer from you ABOUT the Gheb questions. Instead you kept asking me if I wasn't. But I'll drop this. I'll remember to try to not forget following up. (I hate it when I don't get answers)

Oh, I mean he was townie to me, even though he didn't vote for a while. I did notice that D1. Also ... meta... ugh. I need to stop thinking of other's meta's coming into my reads. : [ (He was scum in Super Heroes and played very annoyingly )

Don't know what else made him scummy. He just seemed a bit tunneled on Gheb. Gheb's fault for not doing much anyways.

Top Bottom