• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's ok Circus. I have done the same.

Except I had two players who weren't convicing me at all. (gut player and inactive player)

EE convinced you...

I felt so bad for my arguments that got used against J in lylo

J was really scummy here...

J, why did you wagon onto WL?

Btw EE didn't do ****ttt. Notice how he didn't follow up with his J cases. : [

Also sorry Soup for yelling at you. I lied, I'm sure you can lead town. You just get me mad.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Man though like I literally just got back from going to a bonfire shindig after work this was the best possible thing I could come home too. Jerkus, dude, I love you.

J, die you scum scummy scumbum with the scum in your bum.

(I tried to find something from Inception that'd fit but failed)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not the way he did it tho. And he then got off of it... it was disgusting. Although I do remember doing the same kinda thing in K v D.

But it kinda made him seem like scum with WL to me. because of that, I was ok with moving from WL to J.

I mean, maybe the d1 wagon on him might have messed up his play in this game, cuz it gave him bad credit to begin with

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh wow suddenly ninja'd by a MASSIVE peanut gallery.

Disregard my "just in case of ________" twilight BSing haha

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
PS the inactivity and inability to dig in until D3 were absolutely legit, as was the Event.

For that matter so was my description of my playstyle I guess.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But man was I wrong. I really thought it was J. : [ Sorry J. Also early on I thought RR and J were scum together... maybe it's just bias of being attacked for asking why you were taking so long to post. >_>

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I must've been the most useful jan ever.

Seriously though, it's SO hard to play the game when you're chained to another player. ANY other player.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh yeah. I like masons, but I had to play a bit differently. I was gonna try to play conservatively but I couldn't refrain myself...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But most of my attacks were just based on "Oh he's attacking my mason, maybe he's scum!" so I vote him. This was how I voted WL.

I also felt the cases against me/gord were bad.

I don't feel like looking at my own cases cuz I was wrong...

I also was a bit biased seeing J scum act the same way so...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Town attacks town all the time. Thinking people are scum for that is seriously dumb. Use the fact that you know they're town as informational leverage when reading other players. Don't make drastic assumptions based on it. Scum wants to attack town, yes, and you should be looking for that. But town (especially on freaking D1, and a D1 as long as that one to boot) is always going to attack other town, in every game, no matter how good the townies in it are.

Making black/white assumptions via your alignment confirmation turns an advantage into an achilles heel.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Circus, I handed all the information you needed for the correct lynch after I was hammered on a ****ing silver platter. At that point it didn't even make sense for J to be scum. EEs walls were pro-town? You should've straight up hammered him after his 2808 imo. You're normally a pretty good player, I don't see why you were acting so irrational after being cleared.

J played a good game overall, had he actually managed to convince Circus I might've even nominated him for MvP but alas. Lol @ people saying he was scummy. No, he was absolutely not scummy. Stop trying to justify your awful misreads in such a laughable manner by calling him scummy. He was spot-on on with most of his decisions [reaction to the wagon early, scum picks, town picks, kept his cool on Day 4 when everybody lost their heads] and there was no "fall back" plan or "safety clause" in his play that a scum bag would've tried to create. He also consistently tried to look for the most constructive solution.

Ran, a lot of that doesn't apply to you. You have no business calling him scummy - the only reason nobody calls you out for *your* scumminess is because we're used to it by now.

:059:

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Thanks EE. I mean I know not everyone attacking him would be scum but I'd attack back. I guess I gotta work on my mason play. And haha yeah I always seem to ninja you. : P

@Gheb: I disagree, he most certainly was scummy. (I'm talking about when Circus voted him, then he followed Circus)

Well I'm talking about his D1 play. Maybe his play got better afterwards, but I wasn't focusing on that.

I am not justifying my reads on him. I'm sure he has done quite a bit but he certainly wasn't transparent to me.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
I know my reads are only mediocre for now but I can tell J was scummy and I won't hesitate from calling him scummy because people think me having communication problems or scatter brain probs = scummy.

*I am also a bit biased because his attacks on me were opportunistic to me seeing as he never gave good reason to suspect me UNTIL he made his cases, his cases on me gord were dumb, we both flipped town. He wagoned onto WL with Circus and that made him scummy. (at the time we didn't KNOW WL was scum so it was scummy) Also didn't like his ant RR's "going to a party" thing*

Also was a bit biased due to seeing J play like that in INception mafia.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol OK, have fun continuing to argue against the FACTS that all show that J played a solid pro-town game, that the results speak clearly in his favor and that everything you have are bias. I'm done with this. J wasn't scummy. At. All.

Edit: At this point I legitimately have to question your ability to comprehend what scummy even means. A lot of the things you specifically pointed out are not scummy at all.

:059:

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Well I have to sometimes question what you believe is scummy. I mean you even pushed for EE for WALLING. Yes, he was scum, but you were just using a tell just to push for him. I suspected EE minorly for FOS'ing me for not commenting on his case instead of just asking me to comment on it. > He jumped to conclusions.

Well the cases on me was just bad, not scummy. But his not explaining his read on me was. Also him quoting my opinion of EE's case on him, and just saying it was garbage was scummy. What townie won't explain why they suspect someone?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Also, I will say meta has screwed me over in my reads.

Same thing happened when i read Kuz wrong in BIM4.

I thought Afro was a PR and just not scum because of X1. My mistake.

I'll try to be careful in the future. This is a hard obstacle for me in reading people because I just go "nah he doesn't do that as scum/town"

I need to learn to read lurkers

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
kept his cool on Day 4 when everybody lost their heads] and there was no "fall back" plan or "safety clause" in his play that a scum bag would've tried to create.
I didn't read everything, but this most certainly seemed true.

Circus, I thought you were gonna choose correctly after I saw you starting to suspect EE at the end. He was soooo buddyish o_o apparently he was buddyish to you earlier in the game (which I didn't read) but in lylo just the way he talked seemed... bleck.
:troll:

J,

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You're kidding, right?

@Gheb: J played fine up until LYLO. He rolled into LYLO with the biggest town read circus could have ever wanted, and then he played like shiet. He was afraid to vote EE when circus was cleared town, afraid to do anything until circus told him to do it, and only started attacking EE correctly after Circus explained to him twice what he was interested in. EE didn't even have to play that well, honestly, (imo he played decent) J just doesn't know how to run lylo.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well that's a let-down. I honestly thought I did well enough this game.

I'll do shout-outs and things later when I get home I guess.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

J (2) - Evil Eye, Circus
Evil Eye (1) - J
Circus ()

Hammer!

---

Hmm, for better or for worse, it seems these gangsters and low lifes have lost. Perhaps they were beyond redemption all along. Perhaps this really is some divine message like that Jules character suggested. Perhaps this was necessary. In anycase, my work here is done, and so now I'll take my leave.

J (Lance, vanilla townie) has been lynched!

Circus (Jimmie, vanilla townie) has lost in endgame!

Evil Eye (The Wolf, mafia every-other Night janitor) survives in endgame and wins!

Afro Ghandi (Captain Koons, Mafia Godfather) and WashedLaundry (Mia Wallace, mafia goon) win from the grave!

Congratulations scum for the win!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Sorry to rub salt on the wounds, but you didn't play great in LYLO in my opinion. Ask Sword, I literally called every single thing about this game to him correctly in private, whether it be the scumteam or the players the PRs would target in the night. Literally spot on. My final prediction was that you would body in lylo and I'm surprised that you didn't. You had come in playing a great D2-D4 and looked incredibly pro-town. Gheb pulled up info relevant to EEscum before dying and both Cirus and RR were on your side going into that Day.

You let it slip.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Going out to eat with the fam, will post roles latter when I get back.

In the mean time, feel free to vote for MVP, although I'm pretty certain I already know who I'm going to chose (if anyone at all).

Top Bottom