• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psuedo Cutterside **VIdeo Added** "Tier list added"

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
I agree that it can be dangerous, but it can be used pretty safely against Ice climbers side B, DKs upB, Bowser upB, MKs SIdeB

All the recovery upBs give u ample time to time ur Final cutter to spike. and against characters like Marth if they airdodge they die, of they dont airdodge and Bup they get spiked. Its win win for you either way.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
wow, finally something new for kirby! =) the concept is so simple but it may be pretty useful, albeit situational. good stuff gonzo!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Tier List of characters that can't be spiked by Dair or are hard to spike w/ Dair but can be more easily spiked by Final Cutter
Marth Bup
DK Bup
Bowser Bup
Link Bup
TL Bup Dair is better IMO
Wolf Bup
MK Bup and SideB
Luigi Bup and Tornado (tornado is mad difficult)
Mario Bup
Peach Bup
Kirby Bup

(thats all i can think of so far, let me know if u find any others)
I'm not sure about DK, he seems pretty easy to Dair, but maybe I need more practice on that one.

Not sure about Bowser either...FC seems like it'd be easy to use against him, but I don't know how Dair would do comparatively.

I disagree with Kirby...and Link/TL are easier to Dair I think. Mario is pretty easy to gimp without this..especially because of Cape stalling varying his timing.

The rest looks pretty good though. MK/Peach/Marth are probably THE most useful.

And I agree with Sheer/T-nuts, partially, but hey at least Gonzo's coming up with stuff :p
I can see this being useful every so often, even in a tournament setting. You might only be in the right situation like once or twice a tournament, but it's a good thing to have handy against the characters I just mentioned.

edit: don't call it "The Gonzo Gay" you nub

"omnigay" is a nubby enough title, that would have been discovered by anyone...this was already known, but tossed aside as impractical :p

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, makes sense. It'd be useful to compile an accurate list of what attacks this beats.

I know it works on Peach, I've done that once or twice.
I'm pretty sure this works on Diddy, too. I remember I had a friendly with Ninjalink at CH4 and it ended with my upB overriding his. There was an explosion and I was sent to the side but he died.

Allied

Smash Master
no offense but im never going to call this the gonzo spike lol
ill just call it thje final cutter spike or something
i mean thanks but i just wont call it that <3

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Agreed

Gonzo you nub! Stop naming stuff after yourself.

Call it "Pseudo-Kamikaze Final Cutter Spike" (PKFCS)

Because that's way more awesome.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
doesn't matter, it will never be as good as "The Asdioh Combo"

I mean, "The Asdioh Combo"

T-nuts

Smash Ace
that first combo is pretty sick, youll have to show me that one sometime asdioh

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to recomend you just go for the Dair spike on Mario instead of the upB. That cape can ruin all your hopes and dreams. I know from experience.
"Oh man I'll upB spike him, I'll be I'm still technically over the ground so it's cool."
*cape*
"Oh god no!!!!"

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
really risky but it works o_o
especially on ikes if im not wrong lol
good job
lol@ the "The Asdioh Combo"

Dexlysic

Smash Rookie
Good stuff.

BTW, does anyone know the details of the onstage FC spike?
Sometimes the projectile will miss and you can spike them from the stage like in SSB.
Is there any reliable way to do this?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Good stuff.

BTW, does anyone know the details of the onstage FC spike?
Sometimes the projectile will miss and you can spike them from the stage like in SSB.
Is there any reliable way to do this?
I think the only reliable way to do this is when they're recovering from right below the edge and fly into your sword (although I've managed to do it on a falco THROUGH the moving platform on smashville, but that's pretty situational...).

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt suggest ever doing this in a tourny match lol

ill just stick with the classic dair and bair

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
i did this to a Donkey Kong in money match out of desperation and i got the KO, he never saw it coming, its just a simple matter of prediction.
True, this move hasn't been seen in many eyes and since Donkey Kong is doomed to get hit by this move when he uses Up-B, I can see a great use for the Psuedo Cutterside taken it's course. And like you said, it's simply in the matter of prediction, if you can't predict your foe's movement's, then try fighting someone in friendlies and see how you can work this move.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
This is a once a week kind of thing though. Most up-B's are so much faster than the downswing of yours that they can just Up-B early on reaction.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, I've done the spike like 3 times...on accident. xD

I just don't like to take such heavy risks in a match. Most of the people listed can be DAired or Stoned out of their recovery, also.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I did this during a wifi tournament last night..... last stock for both of us.. Kirbt vs Falco. I cuttercide him when he tries to up-b but I die first. The results say that falco had won, so I went to the TO and ask who wins after explaining the situation. He said that the falco won since it "wasn't a kirbicide". So I'm wondering.... how would this work in real life tournaments if I had done the same thing? Is this considered a true suicide or is it whoever dies first loses?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Okay so I did this during a wifi tournament last night..... last stock for both of us.. Kirbt vs Falco. I cuttercide him when he tries to up-b but I die first. The results say that falco had won, so I went to the TO and ask who wins after explaining the situation. He said that the falco won since it "wasn't a kirbicide". So I'm wondering.... how would this work in real life tournaments if I had done the same thing? Is this considered a true suicide or is it whoever dies first loses?
its not double KO, if u miss then u die first, if u do it correctly and get knocked out of ur Bup then it spikes them and u live.

Top Bottom