• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

protecting title

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
my fox sux vs falco. really badly.

my inability to fight falco, is WHY I changed mains

so many tournaments in a row I would get 2nd to PC Chris, only to get ***** by him in the finals in fox vs Falco.

even when my skill increases, im still proportionally bad at the MU

like at 2 or 3 MLGs in a row, I lost to PCs falco badly, but 3-0d KDJ in fox dittos.

at the 2nd and 3rd MLGs, MLG Dallas and MLG Anaheim, I actually lost 6-0 to PC (I think; not 100% sure), but beat KoreandDJ in 9 games to 0 (had to fight him twice at MLG Anaheim for I believe it was 5th/6th place) in fox dittos. KDJ has a huge winning record vs me with sheik but a losing record with fox. He inspired me to pick up sheik myself, and I found she suits my style pretty well, but the main reason I like using her is because when I go to Brawl and then play Melee again, or when I don't have a perfect controller, my Sheik is much less affected than my Fox is in skill-loss.

I'm not good at the fox vs falco (or vs falco) MU at all compared to how I handle most other MUs, except in teams, but I think it's more of the fact that Fox is just better vs falco in teams than singles because falco's lasers are much worse in teams, and fox is a better teams character in general, and falco can't easily do his large combos in teams while in singles he has much more room to finish everything.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Your sheik is really good at the match up. At G2, your marth got bodied by mango, then your sheik went and took a game and held it really close for the rest of the set.

Have the confidence to stay with your sheik from the start and you should get really good at it quickly.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Have you asked Taj for advice? I don't really know if he's any better at the matchup, but he did beat Mango's and DrPP's Falcos at Genesis. Maybe he knows something you don't but I kinda doubt it though.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i understand its all in good fun but it would be nice at around grand finals to see some serious action.

like you can have fun in friendlies and previous tourney matches but everyone it really hurts the community when grand finals is a ****ing joke.

you never see that in marvel / sf. even when people split they play forreal.

also mang0 should've won a national with mario then he'd be the greatest of all time

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
M2K, I think the best thing you could do is sit down on a recording setup and play mango/PP in like 20+ friendlies. You seem like a super smart dude so I bet if you had a ton of footage you could figure out whats hurting you. And, it'd probably help if the footage wasn't just tournament so you could experiment with things and see if some of your theory actually works on them.

Just my 2 cents.

like you can have fun in friendlies and previous tourney matches but everyone it really hurts the community when grand finals is a ****ing joke.

you never see that in marvel / sf. even when people split they play forreal.
No it happens all the time in Marvel/SF. Even more than in Smash I'd say.

And nah, it doesn't hurt the community to have a silly grand finals at a local. Though thats irrelevant in this particular case, because GFs at Sudden Death was ****ing amazing and really entertaining. If you're talking about nationals tho then yeah, I agree.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I hate it when people say "it's just a game." It's a way for men to test their intelligence, skill, and dedication against that of others. It's an awe-inspiring example of human achievement. In this case, it's a decent amount of money. It's a game as well, yes, but saying it's "just" a game is missing the point of competitive play altogether.

@bones- A grand. Nice. That really pays the bills. He does that, what, three times a year? I don't know what he makes total, but it isn't enough for a normal person to say "eh" at a couple hundred bucks. Hey, I'm not poor or anything, but I still think $200 is worth playing hard for ten minutes for. Doesn't make sense, is all.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
"Sandbagging" occurs all the time in real sports (especially motorsports) as an actual strategy. Why shouldn't Mang0 test out and practice with his other characters in a tournament with high caliber players, but that matters far less than a larger scale one? Maybe he'll find something that could help him win a large scale national tournament to keep in his pocket for then. If you aren't changing and discovering new strategies you are losing your competitive edge.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I always see you use Marth & Sheik against Falco's, Jason. I know it's still not a favorable match-up but have you thought of using Fox against Falco recently? His increased mobility might give him an edge in your main issue with Falco which you've stated is Falco's ability to control the pace of the match with lasers. I'm just interested in your reasoning in choosing Marth/Sheik over Fox.
****ING THANKYOU!!!!

Remember when M2K switched 2 Fox & Wrecked Armada? EXACTLY!!!

M2K jus needs 2 get comfy wit his Fox... Period edut: wait PC Chris did what???

In all honesty he will jus end up being as gud as Mang0 is with Fox and then wreck jus as much as he does.

Hell Dr.PP is on Mango's Lvl(Although I think PP Full Power Falco > Mang0 srs Fox)

N srsly... M2K ur always smessin urself up by doubting urself b4 a fight begins. U freak out everytime u play a great Puff or Falco -____-

:sonic:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yea i know =( I think it's more than I'm just a lot better vs fox than falco, altho i also believe fox to be an overrated worse character

and yeah my fox was really good at pound4. I was playing on point except for missed ledge wavedashes and I was being predictible with up smashes

Warhawk

Smash Lord
yea i know =( I think it's more than I'm just a lot better vs fox than falco, altho i also believe fox to be an overrated worse character
Why do you think Fox is worse than Falco? I'm interested to hear this argument because while Falco has great stage control abilities and in my opinion has the advantage against Fox, I always felt that Falco did worse than Fox against Jigglypuff, Peach, Samus and maybe even Sheik and that made him worse than Fox overall.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I had thought Falco/Jiggs was 50/50.

Most of the reason that people speculate that Falco is indeed better is because he is much easier to have consistent tournament results with. And lasers.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
He was saying fox does better than falco against a number of characters, not that falco has a disadvantage against jiggs.

I think its true for a lot of match ups. Jiggs, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Ice Climbers, etc.

:phone:

Zodiac

Smash Master
tryhard - "A term butt hurt noobs use in an attempt to make players who are better than them feel bad for winning"

Warhawk

Smash Lord
He was saying fox does better than falco against a number of characters, not that falco has a disadvantage against jiggs.

I think its true for a lot of match ups. Jiggs, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Ice Climbers, etc.

:phone:
I actually think Falco does negligibly better against Marth than Fox, but yea that's what I was trying to say. Like I wouldn't ever say that Sheik or Samus has an advantage on Falco, but I think that Fox matches up better against them then Falco and Fox's better balance of matchups among the top of the cast to me makes me feel like he's a little better.

D

Deleted member

mango usually ***** my sheik/marth with his falco. He wins at least 2/3rds of the time usually, sometimes 2-3 stocking me. Idk what to do. There are rare times that I can 3 stock him, but he 3 stocks me way more than it ever happens vice versa
The problem isn't splitting up chars because you can be so good at them. I think it's more like you being very obviously amazing at Marth/Sheik. And by that I mean you're good at a character that isn't Falco. The top of the metagame right now is Falco, Falco, you losing to Falco, Hungrybox losing to Falco, and Armada maybe beating Falco or maybe losing to Falco.

If you want the real solution, you should probably stick to Sheik, admit that it's a gay match, and try to outplay them. You're not going to leverage a character advantage, especially the characters that you play, and the MBR is making it quite difficult to get a stage advantage. You simply have to be better.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
The problem isn't splitting up chars because you can be so good at them. I think it's more like you being very obviously amazing at Marth/Sheik. And by that I mean you're good at a character that isn't Falco. The top of the metagame right now is Falco, Falco, you losing to Falco, Hungrybox losing to Falco, and Armada maybe beating Falco or maybe losing to Falco.

If you want the real solution, you should probably stick to Sheik, admit that it's a gay match, and try to outplay them. You're not going to leverage a character advantage, especially the characters that you play, and the MBR is making it quite difficult to get a stage advantage. You simply have to be better.
Exactly this.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
i believe in m2k.

also, if people arent trying hard and still win, then l0l. at the end of the day, its more fun to watch people trying really hard to win, but we cant make them try, sadly enough =/

Bones0

Smash Legend
How is MBR making it hard to get a stage advantage a bad thing? Marth lost Brinstar (I mean...) and Falco lost RC. There's also best of 5s not having stage bans meaning we can watch M2K destroy spacies on FD every set (or play their secondaries, I guess).

B_AWAL

Smash Master

and yeah my fox was really good at pound4. I was playing on point except for missed ledge wavedashes and I was being predictible with up smashes
IMO I think Falco is the BEST character in the game...

Did you NOW see PP??? Wut...The...****!?!

U can't get around a good falco's laser's but then again that mmakes Falco more gay that Jiggs.

But srsly... U've beaten box B4. All u gotta do is get outta that mental block vs other players

Top Bottom