• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Yo Serebii!! I love ur site!!! Finally see u in smash boards.

BTW I don't believe it when he said ness was returning. If he's returning, why change all of his moves.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
don't double post. (my first 2008 post!)
Sadly, that was 2 different people with the same avatar.

The only thing is that Lucas adopted Ness' moveset. And it wouldn't make sense for Ness to return with a different one. Perhaps Ness will be the only exception to "No clones in Brawl" just for his popularity.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Hey Serebii, hi! I am one of your fans! I love your site keep up the good work! =)

Back on topic, why on earth would they give Ness a new moveset and not Lucas???

let's see, you know about Street Fighter 4 thats coming out right? Now, there is this new character that has an identical moveset to Ryu, when the game came out we find that Ryu got a new moveset.

see how stupid that sound???

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
replace the two bad specials with new ones
You mean Confusion and Disable?
Those are two moves that are incredibly useful.
Confusion-
-- deflects projectiles, or at least disables them.
-- Acts as a "grab" as it can go through shields.
-- Can be used to pull people to an almost unavoidable death in Battlefield.

Disable-
-- Use it after DashDancing or wavedash/roll into it, and your opponent can only block it with a shield, which already has you in range for a grab, so easy follow through.
-- When used in Midair, acts as a spike, sending the opponent plummeting downward.
-- When in effect, gives you seven(?) frames to do what you want with your opponent, sometimes longer.

Mewtwo doesn't have any bad moves. Only poor balance issues(Light weight, floaty, and one of the biggest characters in the game).

If Mewtwo returns to Brawl, he should just have stat adjustments, and maybe a change to his F-Throw, because that is really the worst move Mewtwo has, albeit one of his coolest.

-DD

Boofer

Smash Ace
That sort of distinction and the fact people dont seem to get it is what annoys me

ASSUMING Mewtwo is out, and I'm not saying it is or isn't. There is no evidence that would say that Pokemon Trainer didn't "take its place"
So basically, you're hung up on words to avoid getting in trouble. You never said that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, but you probably said something along the lines of "Mewtwo's gone and Lucario's in." You never mentioned the word "replace" which means you're not lying when you say "I never said Lucario was replacing Mewtwo." So basically, Mewtwo's gone, and Lucario, who you say was "made for smash" is in the game.

Umm...Yeah, and I sent you a PM Yesterday that you didn't reply to. Did you say that there will be 2 more pokemon characters in a convo? According to the convo, you said one will be old, and one will be new and the new one will be juicy. Imo that's like the nail in the coffin for Mewtwo.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Why would he do that, though? For what reason would he take what may have been perfectly good leaked info and pad it up with unconfirmed and possibly false bullcrap? I know that if I had inside info , I wouldn't want to add a bunch of stuff that could ruin my credibility.
Would it be THAT amazing to have inside info on JUST an ITEM?

EPX2

Smash Ace
verditude!!!!! ARE U KIDDING ME! you are so dum, the creator of the game said, "ness has been in the smash games until now" THAT MEANS HE IS NOT IN THE GAME, shoot man give me a freaking brake gosh so gullable.
Come back to this topic when you get a clue, as you're just coming off as being incredibly ignorant. The "'Up until now' = Ness is out" argument has been debunked to death.

Okay to go off topic for a second...

I got an answer to my contest, and they totally sucker punched me with a "this is a disguised for brawl topic". I laughed, and then called them out for harrassment, seeing they warn that account minutes after I get off the previous warning over and over for absolutely nothing.
Without being able to see the moderation in question, I can't say much. However, going off your initial description of it, I'd say it was moderated correctly, but the reason for upholding was wrong. The moderator who responded to your contest (remember, the moderator who initially reviews your first contest isn't the original moderator of the message) probably wasn't intimate with the situation at the SSBB board as of the past week... either that, or they didn't have the slightest clue as to what they were talking about. >_>

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The Ness comment is the only reason I cannot believe this fully. While I don't dismiss the Lucario hubbub or anything like that, Ness can not be playable. He has no moveset anymore. Sakurai even said he wanted to REPLACE NESS WITH LUCAS IN MELEE. This is just that. Geez... Get over it. The little psychic tyke is dead. I miss him too, but we move on. He'll make a great AT.

Source (you're going to have to skim through the pages for it): http://translate.google.com/transla.../return585.html&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

^ that's also incredibly useful because it's a before and after Melee commentary from Sakurai. He event alks about Takamaru in there :D

I

i8waffles612

Omg this person is Sakurai!!!!!

lol...

But that Dragoon part is a but freaky...

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
The Ness comment is the only reason I cannot believe this fully. While I don't dismiss the Lucario hubbub or anything like that, Ness can not be playable. He has no moveset anymore. Sakurai even said he wanted to REPLACE NESS WITH LUCAS IN MELEE. This is just that. Geez... Get over it. The little psychic tyke is dead. I miss him too, but we move on. He'll make a great AT.

Source (you're going to have to skim through the pages for it): http://translate.google.com/transla.../return585.html&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

^ that's also incredibly useful because it's a before and after Melee commentary from Sakurai. He event alks about Takamaru in there :D
Can someone explain how to read this page, what's in the boxes, what's outside, etc.? It seems like it could have some very interesting details.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Without being able to see the moderation in question, I can't say much. However, going off your initial description of it, I'd say it was moderated correctly, but the reason for upholding was wrong. The moderator who responded to your contest (remember, the moderator who initially reviews your first contest isn't the original moderator of the message) probably wasn't intimate with the situation at the SSBB board as of the past week... either that, or they didn't have the slightest clue as to what they were talking about. >_>

Well....still no answer from the lead mod yet. Been almost a day.

How to you make a screencap of it? Like how do you do it like CZ did?

Actually, there was no reason to mod it. It was a moveset for Mario from Donkey Kong, and it was spot on. It was deleted pretty much to bring me into negative karma.

Also, what's the situation with Serebii? Did we get a straight answer yet? Can we finally stop persecuting CZ as a witch with his leaked info?

skiks

Smash Cadet
Also, what's the situation with Serebii? Did we get a straight answer yet? Can we finally stop persecuting CZ as a witch with his leaked info?
Lets put it this way. He denies it but his responses lean towards a yes. And I can understand why considering he could get in trouble for it.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The legendary psychic Pokemon uses his tail and claw to fight? His throws and specials were fitting, still.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Well....still no answer from the lead mod yet. Been almost a day.

How to you make a screencap of it? Like how do you do it like CZ did?

Actually, there was no reason to mod it. It was a moveset for Mario from Donkey Kong, and it was spot on. It was deleted pretty much to bring me into negative karma.
Print Screen button, but you can do something even simpler and easier: just copy and paste the entire moderation (including the header) and the contest.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I still think all this prophet stuff is nonsense. The Dragoon thing is pretty fantastic but he could've found that out from someone and saw it as the perfect chance to make up more info...

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
The thing that gets me is that he was so accurate on the dragoon thing. In Kirby Air Ride. You get the three parts and you ride it, there's no cross hairs or anything. That was made specificly to work in our side scrolling fighter because Kirby Air Ride was free roaming. Which is why this whole thing is so phenomenal.

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
I still think all this prophet stuff is nonsense. The Dragoon thing is pretty fantastic but he could've found that out from someone and saw it as the perfect chance to make up more info...
Yea, I think so too. Maybe the Dragoon thing is the only real info he got. Maybe the other info was made up by him.

Rash

Smash Ace
What gets me is that lists all these characters who are coming back, yet only has one item (albeit, a pretty good one) to add on top of that. Why would only one item slip its way into a bunch of information about characters?

I think the guy probably just found out about the Dragoon somehow, and added all the other info/predictions in order to make them seem legit once the Dragoon was revealed. Heck, maybe this whole thing was planned out and is just one big conspiracy.

Then again, maybe the prophet could actually be right. We won't know until the game is out, unfortunately.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Yea, I think so too. Maybe the Dragoon thing is the only real info he got. Maybe the other info was made up by him.
You mean someone told him "dragoon parts, ect" and he was like "Ok this makes total sense" and so he decided to make up random crap and post it? Sounds likly.

However, i will restate, he says "there in" but not in what form. Wolf could easily be a boss, and Ness could easily be the mastermind behind the SSE. Or an AT (same for Wolf)

Boofer

Smash Ace
Now about the Prophet...Does he not get on gamefaqs anymore? Where is he now?

Anybody else waiting for some other juicy rumor or leak to happen? It's January, so where are all of the other people claiming to know the final roster???????

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Wait, the "prophet" only said that Wolf was in the game right?

He didn't say he was playable? If so, I personally think that makes him even more credible...Why?

Because, technically, Wolf was in Melee...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
That GameFaqs Mod was a jerk, they just abused there powers to cover up for their mistake. Oh well I hope this rumor/prophecy is true. Although I will miss mewtwo.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wait, the "prophet" only said that Wolf was in the game right?

He didn't say he was playable? If so, I personally think that makes him even more credible...Why?

Because, technically, Wolf was in Melee...
I think someone said that he confirmed that Wolf would be in as a playable later in the actual gamefaqs thread.

Imo, it seems unlikely that someone like Wolf would be in as a boss and not a playable. So far Boss characters have been either very large or just plain awkwardly shaped. Wolf is neither. Now as AT? That would make more sense.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I remember how the mewtwo thing was vague so maybe Lucario will just have Mewtwo's moveset? I'm not sure I dont know Lucario's moves

Chepe

Smash Lord
It has been stated many times that ChaosZero meant that all those characters mentioned are playable and he even said that he didnt imagine it to be interpreted any other way (AT, boss, etc.).

And I see that people are still silly enough to believe these are supposed to be prophetic predictions...

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
personally i think it is GREAT having these characters playable, ESPECIALLY ness. i never mained him or anything, but he has been a game origional, so he should still be in imo.

Does anyone know when this guy posted it? like the date and if it was edited or not? (sry if asked before, i don't want to read thru 45 pages)

Agosta44

Smash Ace
It has been stated many times that ChaosZero meant that all those characters mentioned are playable and he even said that he didnt imagine it to be interpreted any other way (AT, boss, etc.).

And I see that people are still silly enough to believe these are supposed to be prophetic predictions...
It was leaked info, nothing more, nothing less. People are just naive and latch onto the first thing they see, or go with the crowd.

personally i think it is GREAT having these characters playable, ESPECIALLY ness. i never mained him or anything, but he has been a game origional, so he should still be in imo.

Does anyone know when this guy posted it? like the date and if it was edited or not? (sry if asked before, i don't want to read thru 45 pages)

October 30th

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
You mean Confusion and Disable?
Those are two moves that are incredibly useful.
Confusion-
-- deflects projectiles, or at least disables them.
This isn't practical at all given the amount of lag involved.
-- Acts as a "grab" as it can go through shields.
They recover from the attack before the lag is up, so basically you are giving your opponent a free hit.
-- Can be used to pull people to an almost unavoidable death in Battlefield.
Only if they don't know about it or are not smart enough to stay away. Very very rare for this to be done, unless your opponent is either unwary of this or just sucks.

Disable-
-- Use it after DashDancing or wavedash/roll into it, and your opponent can only block it with a shield, which already has you in range for a grab, so easy follow through.
Umm... roll into a disable? Are you serious XD? You forgot to mention that if they are facing away from you it doesn't work.
-- When used in Midair, acts as a spike, sending the opponent plummeting downward.
I have never, ever, seen this happen in a tournament match. Also, the hitbox for disable is a bit clunky for doing this purposefully, you are much better off doing one of his many other moves.
-- When in effect, gives you seven(?) frames to do what you want with your opponent, sometimes longer.
It gives you seven frames if you can land it, but that doesn't happen often.
Honestly, disable is pretty bad, but confusion is just downright awful. Both moves could be much better than they are with a few tweaks. I'm down if they would choose to replace them as well.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
When the hell did you come back, Fliptroopa?

Anyway, aside from his similarly functioning specials and alike looking (believed-to-be) foward-smash, all of Lucas' moves are completely unique and, aside from the stick attack, all of Lucas' animations shown so far are unique to him. Since we've seen maybe half of Lucas' full moveset, I'd say Ness does have quite a bit of a moveset to use of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom