• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
No, Lucario has much more potential and has many more options. Actually play pokemon.
elaborate.

even then. Mewtwo deserves a spot far more than Lucario. being bad in Melee is irrelevant; did that stop Bowser?

Puffs

Smash Ace
What people seem to not agree on is

Ness returning

Ness can easily return as a clone. He might be able to have his own moveset but it seems doubtful. But nonetheless, whats wrong with Ness comng back as a clone. The clones from Melee were really different from their counterparts. Players that use clones should agree with me. And besides, it'd be good fanservice and bring joy to many Ness fans.

Also his standard moves are completely different then Lucas's so that'd make him even less clone than Ganondorf was to Captain Falcon. Actually when you think about, he'd be as clonish as Luigi! So Ness returning is not all that surprsing. After all, he's one of the orignal 12. Even if he was supposed to be replaced long ago. Too late now XD
In that case, Lucas would be the clone. Ness came first.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
elaborate.

even then. Mewtwo deserves a spot far more than Lucario. being bad in Melee is irrelevant; did that stop Bowser?
Play metagame Pokemon, Lucario has so many options, it's insane. He can sweep, assit, tank, he has physical and special attacks. And he has far more potential to be a fighter than Mewtwo. He's a freaking fighting/steel type. Bowser is WAY WAY more important than Mewtwo and more popular.

If you talk to a 10 year old who likes pokemon, they will know and like Lucario WAY more than Mewtwo, assuming if he's even in the game.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Play metagame Pokemon, Lucario has so many options, it's insane. He can sweep, assit, tank, he has physical and special attacks. And he has far more potential to be a fighter than Mewtwo. He's a freaking fighting/steel type. Bowser is WAY WAY more important than Mewtwo and more popular.

If you talk to a 10 year old who likes pokemon, they will know and like Lucario WAY more than Mewtwo, assuming if he's even in the game.
Charizard's playable.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Wait, going back to the ness and lucas thing

if lucas is a clone, then will we have another marth/roy type of situation...........let me explain

will ness or lucas be ther from the beginning or do you have to unlock both?

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace

LOL.

No.
My nephew is 10 and loves Pokemon, and he barely knows who Lucario is. ( Yes, he has Diamond - and plays it a lot. )

He knows who Mewtwo is very well, though.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
As a matter of fact, thats true XD Lucas is technically a clone of Ness because some of his moves come from Ness. But, he's a luigi-fied clone. People would consider Ness the clone because Lucas comes first in Brawl then Ness.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Actually most recent players will know who Lucario is and support his inclusion more than Mewtwo's

Lucario is pretty much the Mewtwo of the current fandom of Pokemon. It has the mysteriousness when the movie featuring it came out a couple of years ago. Everyone had it classes a cool Pokémon and pegged it for a favourite in Diamond & Pearl. Even though it isn't legendary, they did make it so Lucario is quite rare to find and has a variety of moves, many of which fit SSBB to a tee

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Actually most recent players will know who Lucario is and support his inclusion more than Mewtwo's

Lucario is pretty much the Mewtwo of the current fandom of Pokemon. It has the mysteriousness when the movie featuring it came out a couple of years ago. Everyone had it classes a cool Pokémon and pegged it for a favourite in Diamond & Pearl. Even though it isn't legendary, they did make it so Lucario is quite rare to find and has a variety of moves, many of which fit SSBB to a tee

Okay thank you for confirming Mewtwo out, Lucario in.

Now, can you help with the ness debate?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Most new smashers won't see it as that though if Lucas is a starter and Ness is unlockable...

And really, I've never had any problem with clones. They include open the chance for new characters who may not have had a better moveset and give a fresh spin on another character's well known array of moves.

And really, the only clones in Melee that play even remotely similar are Mario/Dr. Mario, and even then, if you really know how to play the characters, that's a HUGE stretch.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ehh, I'm a long-time Pokemon player and Lucario just doesn't have that much appeal to me. I just don't think it's on the same level as Mewtwo was. Did I miss a post that 'confirmed' him or something?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Okay thank you for confirming Mewtwo out, Lucario in.

Now, can you help with the ness debate?
You what?

All I was saying was that more recent players in the Pokémon fandom recognise Lucario than Mewtwo. In no way did that post state or even imply whether Mewtwo or Lucario were in or out

It is a bit of a jump making that sort of assertion from my post

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Most new smashers won't see it as that though if Lucas is a starter and Ness is unlockable...

And really, I've never had any problem with clones. They include open the chance for new characters who may not have had a better moveset and give a fresh spin on another character's well known array of moves.

And really, the only clones in Melee that play even remotely similar are Mario/Dr. Mario, and even then, if you really know how to play the characters, that's a HUGE stretch.
Exactly. Clones add some spice to the character roster and play really different. Too much clones is bad but atleast 5 or 4 would be pretty cool XD. I bet we will be seeing Falco as a Luigi-fied clone and Lucas being the luigi-fied clone of the returning Ness. And who knows, maybe Roy is back :O Ganondorf is defiantly getting his own moveset though XD

Agosta44

Smash Ace
You what?

All I was saying was that more recent players in the Pokémon fandom recognise Lucario than Mewtwo. In no way did that post state or even imply whether Mewtwo or Lucario were in or out

Well, eh, it's the way you word things, and what people said about you allegedly stating "One new pokemon, one old pokemon" left to be revealed.

And that matches with what Chaos Zero said, seeing jiggly was pretty much confirmed quite a while ago.

And if what you said was true, and CZ was right again, then.....why doubt him anymore?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Lol. All I can say is lol

Also, a quick update on my mod appeal on gamefaqs. Going on three days, and still being ignored by lead mods. Can they do that?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I play Pokemon competitively. that's no reason to say Lucario deserves a spot more. we're talking about Super Smash Bros.; it's entirely different from the Pokemon universe. other than personal preferences, there's no reason Lucario deserves it more besides recency. also, LOL @ Lucario being a tank.

and even then, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is MORE KNOWN; maybe not more liked (I can't exactly prove this just yet) but he IS more known.

he's the 'mascot' for legendaries. I don't see why he can't just stay in the game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I have to dissagree to some level. IDK how many "new pokemon fans" recognize Lucario over one of the true pokemon Icons there are but I know for sure that more smash fans who like pokemon would support Mew2 coming back more than they would him being canned well Lucario walks in.:ohwell:

Boofer

Smash Ace
No, Lucario has much more potential and has many more options. Actually play pokemon.
I think it's a fact that Mewtwo is a more interesting for the mere fact that he has psychic powers. Come on man, how can you not like his telekinetic throws and how he holds items with his mind? That is so badass it's not even funny. This is coming from a Lucario supporter, btw.

Exactly what gives Lucario more potential?

Zek

Smash Ace
It's only right that Pokemon have a more recent representative, and Lucario seems to fit the bill. I don't see any need for him to replace Mewtwo though. They have nothing in common besides their basic build. With Pichu out, there would still be 4 characters from the original games, and it's reasonable for a series like Pokemon to have a lot of playable characters IMHO. Not only is it a huge franchise for Nintendo but it also has a ton of memorable characters to choose from.

Boofer

Smash Ace
You what?

LMAO, you might as well just come clean now Serebii. It's so effing obvious. Hell, we'll know within 2 - 3 weeks anyway so why not just spare the people the wait?

^No, it's just many "prophets" have stated that he would be replacing Mewtwo.
Dude, he's the other "prophet." He didn't necessarily state that Lucario replaces Mewtwo, but he certainly implied that Luc was in and Mewtwo was out.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Guys, leave Serebii alone with the questions. He's got NDAs and such to adhere to and, more likely than not, he's not privy to the ENTIRE roster anyways. We all hate the idea of Lucario replacing Mewtwo, but none of this is proven to be true as of today. So let's enjoy these last few weeks before the **** really hits the fan, alright? :laugh:

That said, how do we know that Pokemon Trainer isn't the one who replaced Pichu? OR Mewtwo? Or, for that matter, that David Dayton wasn't just saying Jigglypuff's name because that's a Smash staple? "Lol guys, let's go beat up Jigglypuff!" Sakurai wanted her out of Melee. If he can finally part with Ness for Lucas like he "promised," he can cut JPuff out of the picture too. Don't forget that guys.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I play Pokemon competitively. that's no reason to say Lucario deserves a spot more. we're talking about Super Smash Bros.; it's entirely different from the Pokemon universe. other than personal preferences, there's no reason Lucario deserves it more besides recency. also, LOL @ Lucario being a tank.

and even then, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is MORE KNOWN; maybe not more liked (I can't exactly prove this just yet) but he IS more known.

he's the 'mascot' for legendaries. I don't see why he can't just stay in the game.
talk to 6 year olds, lucario is huge

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Guys, leave Serebii alone with the questions. He's got NDAs and such to adhere to and, more likely than not, he's not privy to the ENTIRE roster anyways. We all hate the idea of Lucario replacing Mewtwo, but none of this is proven to be true as of today. So let's enjoy these last few weeks before the **** really hits the fan, alright? :laugh:

That said, how do we know that Pokemon Trainer isn't the one who replaced Pichu? OR Mewtwo? Or, for that matter, that David Dayton wasn't just saying Jigglypuff's name because that's a Smash staple? "Lol guys, let's go beat up Jigglypuff!" Sakurai wanted her out of Melee. If he can finally part with Ness for Lucas like he "promised," he can cut JPuff out of the picture too. Don't forget that guys.
You make some good points. It was David HAYTER the voice of Snake who let that slip about Jigglypuff. Either way we will know everything when it comes out in Japan.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It's so funny how that just because someone may know something about a game thats coming out we call him a prophet:laugh:
Its no different than when people run around using the word "****" like its going out of stlye. People on the net aways have to have a word that over states or exagerates what they want to say. . . .he should be called the "leaker" but it's not as "cool" I guess.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Its no different than when people run around using the word "****" like its going out of stlye. People on the net aways have to have a word that over states or exagerates what they want to say. . . .he should be called the "leaker" but it's not as "cool" I guess.
QFT.

We may as well call Sakurai a prophet, too.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I knew that was coming, but think: He still didn't "exist" at the time. They didn't know if he was still going to be the main character. The most they saw was Flint. If anyone, FLINT would've been the one in. :/ But Sakurai could've pulled some strings to get the rights to add him, yes, I'm just sayin', it was REALLY unlikely.

Another Starmen nut?

Oh and, nice trump card, too bad it FAILED. :p

Try this on for size. (Haha, that sounds so demanding.)

If you will take note of the blonde-haired youth at the beginning of the video...Lucas, anyone? And should you need further proof, pay close attention to the battle sequence around 0:28. What is that name of the party member on the far right? リュカ! (For those who can't see kana, it's Ryuka, a.k.a. Lucas!) Also take note of Lucas again in the minecart with Claus later on, as well as latching onto the aircraft with Boney later in the video.

And while I may not be a Starmen nut, I have visited the site more frequently now that I've become enthralled with the world of MOTHER 3, and I think these quotes from the selfsame website to which you offered a link might actually disprove your statement:

STARMEN.NET said:
In the May 2000 issue of "64 Dream", Itoi says:
"I really might need to cut back on Chapter 12."
"(About the main character) If you asked me which I should call the main character, I suppose there is one 'main' one."
Incidentally, this character is "Lucas".
In fact, I might link you to their EarthBound 64 Refresher which seems to prove that little was lost in translation from EB64 to M3--storywise, anyhow. If you've played MOTHER 3, you'll know. It's all there.

Overruled. ;)

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Try this on for size. (Haha, that sounds so demanding.)

If you will take note of the blonde-haired youth at the beginning of the video...Lucas, anyone? And should you need further proof, pay close attention to the battle sequence around 0:28. What is that name of the party member on the far right? リュカ! (For those who can't see kana, it's Ryuka, a.k.a. Lucas!) Also take note of Lucas again in the minecart with Claus later on, as well as latching onto the aircraft with Boney later in the video.

And while I may not be a Starmen nut, I have visited the site more frequently now that I've become enthralled with the world of MOTHER 3, and I think these quotes from the selfsame website to which you offered a link might actually disprove your statement:

In fact, I might link you to their EarthBound 64 Refresher which seems to prove that little was lost in translation from EB64 to M3--storywise, anyhow. If you've played MOTHER 3, you'll know. It's all there.

Overruled. ;)
This guy is right, as I understand, the story was pretty much finished and they didn't change it in the GBA release:

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! What's the story about Sakurai wanting to cut Jigglypuff in Melee?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Maybe he had some quota to reach in terms of the roster, and if he cut Jiggly, there wouldn't be enough. Personally, I really hope the puff comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom