• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Update: The user who posted this was ChaosZero on Gamefaqs.

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.
This is from Gamefaqs, from after the stage builder was announced, on 10/30/07.
Update: This is a scan of the original post:

Thoughts? I don't know the original user personally, but he seems reputable, and this kind of prophesy is hard to ignore.
inb4flames

EDIT: For those of you who can't accept Ness's return:
The "up until now" argument is stupid. When Sakurai announces a character, he does so using language as if the character's inclusion in Brawl was simultaneous with his announcement.

An example is PT. Sakurai said "The Pokemon Trainer has finally arrived," which sounds like PT was not in Brawl untl he was announced. Ness has not been announced, so, in Sakurai-speak, Ness is not in Brawl.

So, when he says Ness has appeared up until now, he means Ness hasn't been announced yet, so he's not in yet. It doesn't preclude the possibility of him being put in (read: announced) later.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
If this is right, we've got a situation, especially involving Star Fox reps. With Falco back and Wolf in, along with Krystal possible, we either have 4 Star Fox reps, or Krystal isn't playable. If we have 4 reps, we better have a ton of characters (45 or so) or it'll be pretty unbalanced rep-wise.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
This topic may not end well...(hopefully it does)

I want to believe this though. We will have to wait until morning when most are awake for more replies.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Too bad he can't use his powers to stop the end of the world,but video games are good too I guess.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Maybe Mewtwo will become an evil guy like Bowser and Wario and use a trophy gun.

Edit: And if this is true, wow there must be like 40+ characters. ^_^

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I believe this is true. Everything except for Ness. I remember that Serebii was quoted that Lucario was replacing Mewtwo...and Serebii has very good reputation. But yes I definitely believe all this stuff is true. Ganondorf, Sheik, Falcon, Falco, and Final Des are all VERY VERY likely to be in the game, but I don't know about Wolf... I think Wolf might be a boss or something. What other Starfox boss would there be?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ummm, Im not bitting this one. I find most of this (not likely things) hard to believe and we have other people who made some out there things that ended up happening but was still fake for the most part and ended up being lucky guesses.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Ummm, Im not bitting this one. I find most of this hard to believe and we have other people who made some out there things that ended up happening but was still fake for the most part and ended up being lucky guesses.
This would definitely be the luckiest guess of all time.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
there is two flaws in that
1.Ness is returning
-sakurai even pretty much deconfirmed ness by statin the up until now stuff when lucas showed up

2Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.
-lucario could never take mewtwo's place EVER!

but yeah if that dragoon idea was a guess it had to be the luckiest guess. and stage builder was a shoe-in to begin with

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Yea Ness IS pretty much deconfirmed. I mean in SSBM Sakurai even wanted Lucas to replace Ness...and now he has it.

Ness might make a cameo...but I don't think he'll be playable. If he turns out to be playable...Sakurai will pull the biggest mindgame of them all.

Black/Light

Smash Master
In a few weeks we will know everything about the game so I don't see any need to get worked up over this.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I think he's telling the truth sadly. Even though that would mean Sakurai lied about Ness' inclusion (unless it turned out Ness was an alt.). Serebii kinda said sh-t about Lucario replacing Mewtwo before, also.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
there is two flaws in that
1.Ness is returning
-sakurai even pretty much deconfirmed ness by statin the up until now stuff when lucas showed up

2Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.
-lucario could never take mewtwo's place EVER!

but yeah if that dragoon idea was a guess it had to be the luckiest guess. and stage builder was a shoe-in to begin with
Argh... Up until now is not a valid argument. I'll quote myself:
The "up until now" argument is stupid. When Sakurai announces a character, he does so using language as if the character's inclusion in Brawl was simultaneous with his announcement.

An example is PT. Sakurai said "The Pokemon Trainer has finally arrived," which sounds like PT was not in Brawl untl he was announced. Ness has not been announced, so, in Sakurai-speak, Ness is not in Brawl.

So, when he says Ness has appeared up until now, he means Ness hasn't been announced yet, so he's not in yet. It doesn't preclude the possibility of him being put in (read: announced) later.
I agree, Ness's chances are slim, with Lucas having his moves and all, but it's possible that Sakurai could make Lucas a starter and Ness an unlockable, with Ness getting a new moveset, or just make him a clone.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Honestly when you look at it, what is NOT to believe. The only semi-controversial things on that are Wolf (slightly), Ness (more so), and Lucario (also more so).

The rest is obvious.

I don't see how someone could have correctly "guessed" the Dragoon with that much accuracy, but also that much question in their wording unless they intentionally worded it so it seemed like they were not 100% sure of what they were talking about.

All in all, after doing some digging on this, it's probably one of the most likely "predictions"/leaks so far. I am not saying it's definitely completely right, but I'd say most of it is obviously correct while the rest does have some chance, and wouldn't surprise me if this guy was right.

Also... lets not turn this into yet another Ness thread...

Eagle

Smash Lord
Wouldn't this mean that clones are back if this is true?

Unless they change ness..

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Cool, I'm gonna choose to believe it, after all how could you honestly guess that there's gonna be an item out of a game barely anyone plays that specifically has to be built up out of three parts then attacks by using a crosshair? A bit odd about Ness but still, I think that this rumour could be more trustworthy than most.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
And the history repeats.

destroy everything said:
A week after melee came out, some guy at Smashboards make a topic consisting of something like "I was playing with Fox today, and his hand lit up. Then, the rabbit started talking. I got hit, and it stopped. What was that?". After about 8 posts, Anti-guy (a mod) came into the topic with "It was Fox's charged smash attack. Case closed" and locked the topic.

A few weeks later it turned out that he was actually the first person to discover Fox's secret taunt, but people ignored him. I think I'm the only person who remembers that topic.
Later on, someone posts inside info and gets flamed to hell. Don't people learn? You made him left gamefaqs, the topic is deleted and we probably will never heard of him again.
Are you happy? This is all you fault, if ppl hadn't flamed him we could have the entire roster at this point.

This happened in gamefaqs but if the guy had posted here it woulnd't be any different.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wouldn't this mean that clones are back if this is true?

Unless they change ness..
No one ever officially confirmed Sakurai wouldn't put clones in.

Man, I hope they don't replace my main with some pokemon who had a movie recently :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have a hard time believing that, but it sounds like it really could be true other than that.
Seriously, as much as I want Ness back (take half my liver), he's not coming back. You'll have to accept that as as close to fact as you can get.

And this wasn't a farfetch'd update. I actually was wondering about this a long time ago. Big deal, and besides-no one's a prophet. Except my buddy Moses! :chuckle:

In other words...

THIS THREAD FAILS!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Fox has a secret taunt?

Thats super-special-cool-awesome.

Who else has a secret taunt? :o

Maybe theres 4 taunts, everyone will have a secret taunt.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
And the history repeats.

Later on, someone posts inside info and gets flamed to hell. Don't people learn? You made him left gamefaqs, the topic is deleted and we probably will never heard of him again.
Are you happy? This is all you fault, if ppl hadn't flamed him we could have the entire roster at this point.

This happened in gamefaqs but if the guy had posted here it woulnd't be any different.
Because it's stupid. Anyone could of made it up, or "predicted" it. In 1 months time we will know everything anyway. It's not our fault we aren;t mindless gullible people that believe everything we read instantly. Guess how many people have tried to make up predictions

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Many ppl had, so what?
Like you're dying if you just say "cool dude, time will tell if it's true"?

Edit:just changed "it is" to "it's"

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Because it's stupid. Anyone could of made it up, or "predicted" it. In 1 months time we will know everything anyway. It's not our fault we aren;t mindless gullible people that believe everything we read instantly. Guess how many people have tried to make up predictions
My inside source told me Lupin the 3rd is making a playable cameo in Brawl for Event Match 47!!!

But yeah, you have a point, this one was just either an unbelievably amazing guess, or a leak. The guy deserves credit either way due to the accuracy of the comment.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Many ppl had, so what?
Like you're dying if you just say "cool dude, time will tell if it's true"?
So..If Many people have predicted various stuff, what makes him so special? that's what. Let's see, for every big date(Halloween/Thanksgiving/Dec 3rd/Corocoro/Dec25th/NewYear/) someone predicted that a character would be revealed 100%. Oh, they didn't have evidence. They just somehow knew.

You can't expect me to believe everything I hear, especially without even proof. If he can predict things such as this, why not use it where it's useful, not on some video game. Yea, we could of maybe had a full roaster right now, Or we can get a 100% full proof Full roaster Jan. 24th, that we know for certain is true, rather then be suspicious.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to belive in anything you just don't have to say it to someone that's just trying to help.

Just support the dude, your e-***** will not decrease i guarantee.

TwilitWings

Smash Rookie
That's a scarily accurate prediction of the dragoon parts and--to be honest--the dragoon parts are the only real stretch in that whole prediction. I'm inclined to believe it, although the language is vague enough for some of these to be a boss (since"Wolf was in the game" not "Wolf is a playable character"). Ness could be an assist trophy, for all we know--I wouldn't be surprised.

Either way believing or not believing doesn't do anything to the final product, so I don't see why I shouldn't just put minor interest in its words.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
When someone predicts something, They are trying to help. Therefore, Everyone is trying to help since they predicted something. I guess that means I should support all of them, correct?

Not. I'm not going to believe any rumor until it actually has SOME proof/evidence/reason. His has absolutely zero besides some guesses. I'd rather wait until Jan. 24th so then it will be for certain everything is 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom