• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Are you sure? When did they say this? Do you have a link?
Well, I looked through his posts and I guess I was wrong about him caving in and saying that he was a fake and all. However, every post he keeps saying "I predicted the Sonic update, isn't that proof enough!?" "I got the Sonic update 100%, believe me." "My source told me about the Sonic update, that means I'm right!" "You'll all see when I'm right!"

He completely relies on that one singular update and hell, anyone could've predicted the **** update if they wanted to. It was the inevitable that Sonic would be revealed eventually and the closest event happened to be E4A. This is why he isn't considered to have a real source by the mods and why all of his topics got locked. Chaos Zero, on the other hand, isn't relying on one update. It may look that way but, he also has Stage Builder and the (looking) to be true Lucario replacing Mewtwo.

Honestly? Nya isn't an actual source and if he does become one when the game is out I'll of course say I was wrong and shrug it off as nothing. But, right now, he just isn't accountable since he tries to rely too much on that one update and tries to force it on you where as Chaos Zero is not. Also, so far his prediction on another delay is wrong too, so that would also make him not accountable. (Nya is who I'm speaking of).

Luigi player

Smash Master
I really hope there won't just be 35 characters.
... Maybe I should start not looking forward to all my wanted characters... so I won't be too disappointed... yeah, that's a good idea. I either will be even happier and surprised or only a little disappointed...

Oh god... Mewtwo... K. Rool... Knuckles... Just one of them ;_;

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Chances are if Sakurai would go this far to remove Mewtwo completely from the roster would usually mean two things: 1) Couldn't fit him (much like the ATs) or 2) Couldn't figure out a way to make him any better without trying to completely rebuild him. Honestly, I don't think he could receive many buffs aside from his melee moves being faster, but, Mewtwo is sort of meant to be slightly slow and powerful (despite his stats in the games).

The thing I find funny the most though is that both Lucario and Mewtwo had a movie with Mew so, in a way, it makes sense that Lucario replaces him (in this respect, not in any other). While, Mewtwo would be nice to have again, I could see Sakurai wanting to remove him for someone more popular now. A lot of people like Lucario which is also how Pikachu and Jigglypuff were chosen as characters in the first game. Had it not been for the anime (to some extent) these characters wouldn't be as nearly as popular as they are and you'd be seeing Pokemon like Hitmonlee or something of the like as a playable with Mewtwo still on the roster. But, because popularity outweighs possible buffs and/or new move set I honestly can't see how Mewtwo will get in especially, over Jigglypuff who is an original.

It's definitely popularity though when it comes to Pokemon and because Sakurai follows very closely to who's popular in a certain community (ala Marth, Lucas) I can't see why Lucario wouldn't be in the game much less, replacing the probably least popular Pokemon in Japan compared to Lucario's rise to fame (ONLY compared to Lucario, not any other Pokemon).
But that is anime. Mewtwo in the Pokemon games(and still in the anime) is tremendously popular.
Since when has Japan disliked him?
And I'm not saying Lucario shouldn't be in, just not replacing Mewtwo.
If you think about it, Lucario isn't that popular, just cause of his movie really :ohwell:

Danon

Smash Apprentice
I would love for Wolf to be in the game.
He's like a Werewolf Boba Fett. How can you lose?

Revven

FrankerZ
But that is anime. Mewtwo in the Pokemon games(and still in the anime) is tremendously popular.
Since when has Japan disliked him?
And I'm not saying Lucario shouldn't be in, just not replacing Mewtwo.
Well, clearly, Sakurai sees it differently and there has to be reason for replacing Mewtwo. We'll probably never know if it happens.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm still not convinced he's gone yet.
Serebii denied he said anything, and maybe the dragoon guy is just saying random stuff with the only right so far prediction.

Well I don't know, we'll find out soon enough.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I hope Mewtwo is back. He is now a mascot of the PokeMon series. The ultimate PokeMon. Normally Sakurai is biased towards 1st gen PokeMon anyway.

MR333

Smash Cadet
prob. just a lucky guess. cause w/ lucas in, i highly doubt ness will be back

EPX2

Smash Ace
OMG, those answers from the mods in Gfaqs are sooo stupid! I've never read bull**** bigger than that, It made me LOL. there are so many rumors and joke topics in Gamefaqs, and they deleted his post cause the topic name was trolling? what drug were they on?
Uhh, misleading topic titles have always been considered trolling - it's been in the Terms of Service ever since I registered there over five years ago. And since when don't the GF mods delete those joke topics and false rumor topics you're referring to?

Look at the entire sheet, and you'll see many correct predictions. Samus retaining more moves at the beginning of MP3, and the different weapons piling on top of one another - is that a no-brainer? What about multiplayer in SMG - is that a no-brainer?

And the notion that a sliver of doubt makes it useless is laughable. This is not a Cartesian exercise - this is probabilistics; the weighing of different factors and the record of truth a source has to judge if unconfirmed information from the source is reliable.

The sheet is correct on a clear majority of points, and these points are not even arguable no-brainers for the most part. No break for you.
As stated already, Nintendrone himself admitted it was all an elaborate hoax.

I got modded before too because I made a jumpman moveset with [rumor] in the title, and they still wont answer my contest.
The SSBB board is notorious for having "fads of the minute" (i.e. numerous fads on a regular basis); one of the more recent fads involves using the word "rumor" in the topic title (in response to the whole ChaosZero fiasco), which is why your topic was probably deleted.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
well, I wouldn't put Mewtwo as any kind of mascot unless you mean villain wise but in general, he isn't as big as ones like Pikachu, Charizard, etc..

but he is a villain symbol, yeah.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
well, I wouldn't put Mewtwo as any kind of mascot unless you mean villain wise but in general, he isn't as big as ones like Pikachu, Charizard, etc..

but he is a villain symbol, yeah.
How many people who play pokemon know Mewtwo? That should be considered a mascot.
Mewtwo is the most recognizable Legendary, evil(villain,etc.) and Psychic pokemon(all 3, if not more)

Boofer

Smash Ace
EXP2 said:
And since when don't the GF mods delete those joke topics and false rumor topics you're referring to?
Are you being serious? When I go to the boards, roughly 70% of the page is filled with joke topics man...There's so many, the jokes aren't even funny anymore. It's rediculous.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
So Nintendrone's whole blog is a giant lie? I don't see why these writer people who think they have some credibility make up giant lies that idiots believe and then they are proven false or admit their wrong like days later. Do they think that from then on they are still credible?! HAHA I LIED GUYS BUT STILL BELIEVE EVERYTHING ELSE I SAID! I ONLY LIED ABOUT THAT ONE THING!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm still not convinced he's gone yet.
Serebii denied he said anything, and maybe the dragoon guy is just saying random stuff with the only right so far prediction.

Well I don't know, we'll find out soon enough.
There is always that possibility. I mean, did NyaseNya actually know about the Sonic reveal ahead of time or was that just guesswork as well? If so, perhaps ChaosZero has done the same thing.

And I'm not trying to be libelous about it--I'm sure Nyase and Chaos are both very nice people!--but it could just be a case of one piece of ACTUAL insider information coupled with a bunch of made-up "prophecies." The Ness and Wolf comments really make me leery. Lucas (as we've seen) is Ness 2.0: better in every way, thus rendering Ness superfluous. As for Wolf, I honestly don't think that his inclusion would leave him with differences that transcend the aesthetic. He's probably worth a palette swap, but I don't see him as a playable character.

Granted, these claims could very well be true; I, however, see them as a tad too suspect to go believed without question.

Also, I've heard very little mention of Muddy Mole. Just because of Sakurai's own interest in the character, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that we will be seeing Muddy Mole by January 24th (if not sooner).

EPX2

Smash Ace
Are you being serious? When I go to the boards, roughly 70% of the page is filled with joke topics man...There's so many, the jokes aren't even funny anymore. It's rediculous.
http://www.ksot.com/BoardsFAQ.html#mods

Look at the total number of moderators at the bottom of the section - keeping in mind that the list isn't up-to-date as at least two users on that list (SPENCERNAMAN and The Pain Monster) are no longer moderators and even more are still moderators but inactive. There are less than 70 moderators to handle a site of hundreds of thousands of users - it's going to take a little more than a while for them to delete violations. GF doesn't have board-specific moderators nor do the GF mods patrol the boards looking for violations; they work from a moderation queue that receives *thousands* of marks on a daily basis. Then there's also the fact that there are also hundreds of contested moderations for them to deal with. Of course you're going to see violations stick around for a while, especially if they're minor violations (off-topic posting) and have only been marked once.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I call BS on this so called AIM conversation.

1. After the first fake convo, Serebii stated he never uses AIM.

2. Reading his posts here, I seriously doubt Serebii is gonna say anything about what he knows. I don't think he'll even HINT at anything.

3. The person who posted that convo registered JUST to post it.

Face it, Serebii's not gonna talk. (He HAS stated that he never said Lucario is replacing Mewtwo, but he won't confirm or deny whether it's actually true or not.):(
Let's beat it out of him.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Man, all these topics about prophets and roster leaks is stopping me from waiting until Feb.10 and unlocking the characters myself XD I think I just might spoil myself anyways :O

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I've got a feeling that the big one that was out previously; the one covered by a lot of websites is the real roster, similar to what happened in Melee.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've got a feeling that the big one that was out previously; the one covered by a lot of websites is the real roster, similar to what happened in Melee.
Which roster are you talking about?

skiks

Smash Cadet
^OK, so where did that convo come from? The poster didn't say where he got it from.
It was on IRC. The log is believeable because it's just how Joe talks. And his username on IRC is Serebii. He currently denys it but another operator facepalmed knowing joe screwed up when he saw the convo. Proof enough for me.

(@Serebii) I cant comment if that is true or not as it may incriminate me
(@Serebii) despite the fact I didnt give anything away

If more proof is needed. Interpret as you will.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Okay to go off topic for a second...

I got an answer to my contest, and they totally sucker punched me with a "this is a disguised for brawl topic". I laughed, and then called them out for harrassment, seeing they warn that account minutes after I get off the previous warning over and over for absolutely nothing.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It was an alleged roster leak, one that had Animal Crosser and Megaman in the cast. I forget the url of the story.
Was that the roster supposedly leaked from a Prima Guides person? I'm pretty sure the person came out and said it was a lie.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
http://www.ksot.com/BoardsFAQ.html#mods

Look at the total number of moderators at the bottom of the section - keeping in mind that the list isn't up-to-date as at least two users on that list (SPENCERNAMAN and The Pain Monster) are no longer moderators and even more are still moderators but inactive. There are less than 70 moderators to handle a site of hundreds of thousands of users - it's going to take a little more than a while for them to delete violations. GF doesn't have board-specific moderators nor do the GF mods patrol the boards looking for violations; they work from a moderation queue that receives *thousands* of marks on a daily basis. Then there's also the fact that there are also hundreds of contested moderations for them to deal with. Of course you're going to see violations stick around for a while, especially if they're minor violations (off-topic posting) and have only been marked once.
No Johns. GF mods suck at modding.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, the best thing about NyaseNya predictions is that she said that the game will get delayed for us. It doesn't look likely to happen but if it does than we will see in a matter of days. If it doesn't get delayed than the whole 35 char thing is BS along with her other statments.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
It was on IRC. The log is believeable because it's just how Joe talks. And his username on IRC is Serebii. He currently denys it but another operator facepalmed knowing joe screwed up when he saw the convo. Proof enough for me.

(@Serebii) I cant comment if that is true or not as it may incriminate me
(@Serebii) despite the fact I didnt give anything away

If more proof is needed. Interpret as you will.

****!!! That doesn't sound good...:(:(:(

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
not believing Ness or Wolf as PCs... maybe ATs or Wolf as a boss... also I haven't played a Pokemon game since Crystal but from what I understand Lucario and Mewtwo are very different Pokemon so I don't see why they're mutually exclusive.
big props to this dude for the Dragoon thing though...

The Director

Smash Lord
Give me reason why Mewtwo is less important to Nintendo than a 4th gen wannabe, and then we'll talk, as there is no reason to even consider taking Mewtwo out.
It kinda makes sense when you think about it...Sakurai sure does like using characters from the most recent additions from the Smash franchises. Lucas, Ike, Lucario...makes sense to me.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.
I doubt that Lucario would be taking M2's spot, and that Ness is returning. But his prediction about the dragoon parts is scary. I wouldn't doubt the rest of the pronouncements...besides maybe Wolf...I see Krystal with more playable potential.

The Director

Smash Lord
I wouldn't doubt the rest of the pronouncements...besides maybe Wolf...I see Krystal with more playable potential.
Wolf should get in over Krystal. He's been in Star Fox longer than she has...although I think Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal will all be playable.

I'd laugh if Geno got in, and Wolf takes Krystal's place.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Wolf should get in over Krystal. He's been in Star Fox longer than she has...although I think Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal will all be playable.

I'd laugh if Geno got in, and Wolf takes Krystal's place.
Why on earth would Star Fox get 3 reps, let alone 4??? it only has 5 games under it is belt.

By that then Fire Emblem should at least get 4 reps.:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom