• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wolf should get in over Krystal. He's been in Star Fox longer than she has...although I think Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal will all be playable.

I'd laugh if Geno got in, and Wolf takes Krystal's place.
I disagree with everything you've said.
Mewtwo should return
Krystal will be playable over Wolf, or with Wolf(and Falco too)
Geno should also get in
Just because Wolf's been in longer doesn't mean he's better/got more chances
Why on earth would Star Fox get 3 reps, let alone 4??? it only has 5 games under it is belt.

By that then Fire Emblem should at least get 4 reps.:ohwell:
And some people still think Metroid(both got 10 games) only needs Zamus :(

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Why on earth would Star Fox get 3 reps, let alone 4??? it only has 5 games under it is belt.
Star Fox is a major Nintendo franchise, having three reps isn't a bad thing. If we're going to be getting a roster of around 40 then the developers should mainly focus on expanding the major franchises. I think the biggest franchises such as Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon should get 4-5 reps each. While Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Metroid should each get three.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Star Fox is a major Nintendo franchise, having three reps isn't a bad thing. If we're going to be getting a roster of around 40 then the developers should mainly focus on expanding the major franchises. I think the biggest franchises such as Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon should get 4-5 reps each. While Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Metroid should each get three.
QFT

But for Metroid, don't count Zamus, she's a(awesome:)) transformation.
I say Ridley and Dark Samus would be good reps.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. How do we know this prediction is even legit? Couldn't the guy have gone back and edited his post to put this stuff in?

Frankly, I just don't believe it. I don't see clones like Wolf and Ness appearing unless they decided to make the roster ridiculously large to pad it out.

iMichael

Smash Lord

By that then Fire Emblem should at least get 4 reps.:ohwell:
Donkey Kong created Mario and has over 10+ games and is barely getting his second rep. I don't think it's about how many games you have, but how popular your series is. Donkey Kong in my opinion is one of the best series and it's ashame that Diddy is barely making it in, because he should've been in Melee or even SSB64...before PIKACHU!. Same goes for Metroid. I do think that Dixie will be in along with K. Rool(4 reps will not kill anyone). I think this time around veteran fighters like Mario, Fox, DK and Kirby will have at least four characters repping their series. Yes, I said Kirby....lol there's one more person who I think might get in Brawl.

His name is Dark Matter.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Dark Matter's going to be a boss I can feel it, but playable character would be ridiculous.

The Director

Smash Lord
You underestimate Sakurai's affliction towards the Star Fox series. He thinks it's sooo popular, after all.

While I think Fox, Falco and Krystal have spots, I don't believe Wolf would be ignored. Star Fox needs a villain rep.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I feel like people really underestimate Wolf's chances and overestimate Falco and Krystal's. Is it honestly that difficult to believe that if Star Fox gets three reps, one of them will be the series' main recurring antagonist? After all, in both Melee and what's been revealed for Brawl, every franchise to get at least three reps includes one antagonist.

I also feel the need to point out what ChaosZero posted. It's true, he only said "Wolf is in the game", he didn't state what his role is. Just like he only said "Ness is returning" and "Falco is returning" without saying whether they would retain their roles as playable characters.

I'm not against Krystal or Falco. In fact, if Star Fox can only get two reps, then I have no trouble accepting Wolf's exclusion. I even admit that Krystal is more unique as a playable character than both Wolf and Falco. All I can say is that a lot of people believe Wolf has no chance as a playable character and that Falco and Krystal have already been given the green light. Those same people just might be in for a surprise when the full roster is finally revealed.

Pendragonslayer

Smash Cadet
I have a question. How do we know this prediction is even legit? Couldn't the guy have gone back and edited his post to put this stuff in?

Frankly, I just don't believe it. I don't see clones like Wolf and Ness appearing unless they decided to make the roster ridiculously large to pad it out.
Just to clarify some things...
First of all, ChaosZero's prediction was actually provided by another poster who had saved it, verbatim, BEFORE ChaosZero even showed up. Also, lots of people on the board remembered it being exactly the way it was. The screen capture was just evidence to prove his identity. Also you can't edit posts on GameFAQs as far as i know.

Oh and to the guy who said Wolf could be in, but in a different capacity... i believe the first time he made the prediction someone asked him this very thing and he said he definitely meant playable.

Anyways, i'm not saying I believe the guy 100%, but he's got almost everything going for him at the moment...

and GameFAQs mods are pretty much the worst in existence :(

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Well, there is nothing to worry about right? According to Serebii, the roster is getting pretty cleaned out from melee. Didn't he say CLONES AND ORIGNAL characters were being cut?

I don't understand why people are going ape **** over the possibility of original characters getting cut. it's a common thing in fighting games. Original characters get cut to make room for other new ones.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
lol huh?

Original as in Mario? Fox? Kirby?
No I mean characters that have their own unique moveset. I don't really see how that's funny. But if your hinting at Smash Bros being the only thing close to a fighting series YOU'VE played. I guess that's funny then.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I have a hard time believing that, but it sounds like it really could be true other than that.
That and..."Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place." Would he just say "Lucario is in" or "Mewtwo is out" or something? Why one earth would it be "Lucario is replacing Mewtwo"? Assuming Dr. Mario is out and Bowser Jr. or Geno got in, would they say "Geno replaced Dr. Mario" or "Bowser Jr. replaced Dr. Mario"?? No. That just doesn't make sense. How about "Pokemon Trainer is taking Pichu's place"? I find the phrasing just silly.

iMichael

Smash Lord
No I mean characters that have their own unique moveset. I don't really see how that's funny. But if your hinting at Smash Bros being the only thing close to a fighting series YOU'VE played. I guess that's funny then.
Ah ok now I understand you....I agree with you on that then.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
That and..."Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place." Would he just say "Lucario is in" or "Mewtwo is out" or something? Why one earth would it be "Lucario is replacing Mewtwo"? Assuming Dr. Mario is out and Bowser Jr. or Geno got in, would they say "Geno replaced Dr. Mario" or "Bowser Jr. replaced Dr. Mario"?? No. That just doesn't make sense. How about "Pokemon Trainer is taking Pichu's place"? I find the phrasing just silly.
Good point... I say the guy only knew about dragoon parts and BS'd the rest. Or chaos is pretending he got more info out of him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, the good news is that we will definitely be having roster leaks three weeks from today since usually Japanese releases get released two days earlier in Hong Kong. So at the latest we will be have our first roster leaks three weeks from today.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Well, the good news is that we will definitely be having roster leaks three weeks from today since usually Japanese releases get released two days earlier in Hong Kong. So at the latest we will be have our first roster leaks three weeks from today.
What about the strategy guides?...

tutata

Smash Ace
verditude!!!!! ARE U KIDDING ME! you are so dum, the creator of the game said, "ness has been in the smash games until now" THAT MEANS HE IS NOT IN THE GAME, shoot man give me a freaking brake gosh so gullable.

Bmm

Smash Cadet
i bet sakurai is just warming up to miyamoto by putting
in all these starfox reps...
hahahahaha

(partly sarcastic)

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
Good point... I say the guy only knew about dragoon parts and BS'd the rest. Or chaos is pretending he got more info out of him.
Why would he do that, though? For what reason would he take what may have been perfectly good leaked info and pad it up with unconfirmed and possibly false bullcrap? I know that if I had inside info , I wouldn't want to add a bunch of stuff that could ruin my credibility.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, Im hoping to see some good "roster leaks" by the end of the week. Not only did it happen like 20 days before melee's Japan release (according to you) Im also sure others made note of that as well.

The flood gates are about to open. . . .lots of fake leaks and fake roster list leaks will be coming soon because of how melee's leaks played out. Im keeping my eyes out for the one that looks like it has the most backing behind it and is the most reasonable.

But as of right now Im OK will the leaks we have
(IF Lucario replaced Mew2 than Im hunting down those who brag about it to wifi own them when we get the game after days and weeks of studying how to counter Lucario. . .FOR MEW2's HONOR!!! Plus, only the worst ones actually wanted him to replace Mew2. . . not even Kaid would want that)
save for Nya's. If we get a delay than it looks like she may be right about the lack luster 35 char roster. . . hope that she is a fake but her stuff has yet to be proven wrong. . . but nothing has been proven right either (other than Sonic. . .and maybe MM)

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
The flood gates are about to open. . . .lots of fake leaks and fake roster list leaks will be coming soon because of how melee's leaks played out. Im keeping my eyes out for the one that looks like it has the most backing behind it and is the most reasonable.
Just keep your eye out for the real ones, too. Before Melee came out, we had the final roster, but no one believed the screenshot. Same could go for Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, Im hoping to see some good "roster leaks" by the end of the week. Not only did it happen like 20 days before melee's Japan release (according to you) Im also sure others made note of that as well.

But as of right now Im OK will the leaks we have
(IF Lucario replaced Mew2 than Im hunting down those who brag about it to wifi own them when we get the game after days and weeks of studying how to counter Lucario. . .FOR MEW2's HONOR!!! Plus, only the worst ones actually wanted him to replace Mew2. . . not even Kaid would want that)
save for Nya's. If we get a delay than it looks like she may be right about the lack luster 35 char roster. . . hope that she is a fake but her stuff has yet to be proven wrong. . . but nothing has been proven right either (other than Sonic. . .and maybe MM)
Unfortunately, you have to remember that there was a build up to the Melee roster leak. OtherSteve (the person who leaked the Melee roster) was giving people hints and tidbits until he finally decided to leak the whole thing. Since Sakurai is keeping a tighter lid about Brawl than Melee, I would not be surprised if the leaks come as late as the week it comes out in Japan.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
It would make sense if Lucario had essentially the same moveset as Mew2, effectively "replacing" it. Like Lucas and Ness.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, Mewtwo and Lucario only have shallow similarities, such as being humanoid, being able to "speak", and create energy balls. Thing is, its not too hard to believe that the team saw these similarities as a shortcut to kill two birds with one stone: creating a moveset from complete scratch, and including an up-to-date playable Pokemon (which is pretty much needed to correctly represent the franchise as it is still very successful today)...

I am a huge Lucario supporter, but I still deeply frown upon a possible decision to remove Mewtwo for him. I always thought that the concept was one born of n00bish thinking. I now have a bad feeling that the common logic and expectations on these boards concerning the roster wont be as accurate as we think. I mean, if Mewtwo is removed, Ridley does end up a boss, and Wolf makes it in over Krystal.......

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, Mewtwo and Lucario only have shallow similarities, such as being humanoid, being able to "speak", and create energy balls. Thing is, its not too hard to believe that the team saw these similarities as a shortcut to kill two birds with one stone: creating a moveset from complete scratch, and including an up-to-date playable Pokemon (which is pretty much needed to correctly represent the franchise as it is still very successful today)...

I am a huge Lucario supporter, but I still deeply frown upon a possible decision to remove Mewtwo for him. I always thought that the concept was one born of n00bish thinking. I now have a bad feeling that the common logic and expectations on these boards concerning the roster wont be as accurate as we think. I mean, if Mewtwo is removed, Ridley does end up a boss, and Wolf makes it in over Krystal.......
Brawl will suck!!
Well....it won't be as good :crying:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
That sort of distinction and the fact people dont seem to get it is what annoys me

ASSUMING Mewtwo is out, and I'm not saying it is or isn't. There is no evidence that would say that Pokemon Trainer didn't "take its place"

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hey Serebii, my sister is a big fan of your site keep up the good work! Also people shouldn't believe anything until there is solid proof. If people got that then this thread would be redundant.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, Mewtwo used mostly physical moves that didn't fit him, so Lucario could effectively replace him. He uses a tail for his strong attacks and aerials, and Lucario has a tail too. Replace the psychic smashes with generic "fighting spirit" blasts, replace the two bad specials with new ones, and keep or replace shadowball with aura sphere. That's almost the entire moveset.

However, Mewtwo and teleport (since it doesn't fit Lucario) shouldn't be lost, so they could keep Mewtwo with good moves that actually fit him.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I doubt this is true but what gives this whole ting an ounce of credibility is the word "crosshair" The dragoon in kirby air ride didn't have nothing to do with a crosshair. It wasn't some random "LOL LUCAS WILL BE ANNOUNCED TODAY, OMG HE WAS RIGHT HE HAS INSIDE INFO!" I don't have my hopes up and no one should but at the same time don't flame the guy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In Melee, Mewtwo used mostly physical moves that didn't fit him, so Lucario could effectively replace him.
Effectively?

He uses a tail for his strong attacks and aerials, and Lucario has a tail too.

Yeah..

Replace the psychic smashes with generic "fighting spirit" blasts, replace the two bad specials with new ones, and keep or replace shadowball with aura sphere. That's almost the entire moveset.

Well it's still Mewtwo's moveset(Neutral A?)

However, Mewtwo and teleport (since it doesn't fit Lucario) shouldn't be lost, so they could keep Mewtwo with good moves that actually fit him.

Agreed :urg:
Maybe they can both make it in, that'd be awesome.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
This probably is true. Notice how he said Wolf is "in the game" he didnt say that he's a playable character. I doubt Wolf would be a playable character but it is likely that he is in the game in some way. With the exception of Ness, the rest seemed very likely (except of course the dragoon parts which was later confirmed).

And don't think that I just go around believing every "prophet" that pops up. I almost never believe these guys, but this one is an exception, the dragoon parts are waay too lucky to be a guess. And besides, if this guy is faking, then the most likely thing to change are the mewtwo/ness things. The rest is pretty obvious. (Zelda can turn into sheik was accidentally sort of confirmed a while ago)

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
He says Wolf is in the game. So probably it is a boss.

Ness back. Don't know. He need a whole new moveset then =/.
And the rest..

I don't know. I think we better wait untill the game comes out =P.

But where is Luigi O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom