• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've got some insider information. I didn't want to let you guys in on it, but I can't let this mass delusion go on...

Our 'Prophet' is none other than Criss Angel. :smoke:

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just got word of this, seem credible and uncredible at the same time, dragoon was not even in the realm of the obvious items and he got it, C falcon and co are obvious, but if ness,lucario or wolf shows up as playible I will belive, it is creepy, but I would be content if that all came true.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . I will believe the 35 character thing once these supposed US delay happens. I can't see it being delaid at this point but we will see.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
ChaosZero on "boards.gamefaqs.com" <http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40411864&page=27>
topic start: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40411864,
Uh. Hi everyone. I'm your "prophet."

I made that post a long time ago. Not only did I get modded....TWICE....since I contested my post that (by the way, not only did not break any "trolling" rules," was CORRECT (so far)" I lost the ability to contest any of my moderations for like the next 3 months or something.

Here was my post, which was upheld by the admin.

Since I was modded, it has stayed in "my deleted posts."

"Last time I made this topic, I was marked for moderation by people who were angry that I was relaying information?

Yeah, doesn't make sense right? Well uh, that's the point of a message board. So here it is again.

This is info I heard from a credible source in MY OPINION. I do not claim responsibility if it's wrong, and aim to offend no one. You may believe it if you want, or discard it as a lie or rubbish or speculation or bad information or whatever. The information isn't phenomenal, but it's what it is. And some people may appreciate it.

I'm no prophet, and I'm no troll.

If you don't like that I'm giving this info away without giving the name, social security number, and resume of the person who gave it to me, along with movies, pictures, and a signature from Sakurai -

then simply cease reading and go back and read another topic. Thank you for your cooperation:

I was told there was a stage creator before there was one. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out... According to my source: (THIS IS SIMPLY RUMOR AT THIS POINT BECAUSE I HAVE NO PROOF)

Wolf is in the game.

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place. (place being a vague term, I don't know what exactly it means)

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

That's all I have, and possibly all I can get. Since it isn't confirmed, it's simply rumor. I REPEAT, I AM NOT STATING THIS AS FACT.

I hope this makes someone happy, cuz it's all I got."

Well. Seems the guy was right. Maybe you shouldn't be so angry when a guy politely relays a rumor he heard. I honestly don't even care any more. I'm not saying anything more. Go ahead and think the rest of my stuff was made up and this was the only true fact.

I don't care.

Time will prove everything. In two months we'll all have the game and everyone can stop whining.
Original post and details of Moderation:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/chupelo/gamefaqs2.jpg

I have presented you with hard information, do what you will with it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
He was a prick. It doesn't matter wether he was right or wrong about the predictions. He had absolutely no evidence or sources confirmed to back up his rumor topic, and he went all high and mighty about TOS and "the whole board is filled with rumors". The problem with the situation is that anyone can pull the same stunt he did. Just because he was correct doesn't mean he has the right to spam the board with false rumors. (All rumors are false until proven true)

Bah, just because he was right on the Kirby Air Ride thing doesn't mean the rest of his post is reliable. If I had inside information I'd take advantage of it to spread all sorts of stupid rumors. "Digimons for Brawl!"

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I have KAR. To clear it up there are two legendary vehicles. Each has three pieces. You get the pieces by busting open boxes and getting lucky. In KAR there are some giant bricks. For normal vehicles it takes lots of charged up spin attacks to break them.

First there is Dragoon. Dragoon has great gliding ability, you just have to tilt down for it to fly in the sky.
Dragoon can break the bricks in a few hits.

Then there is Hydra. If anything Hydra should've taken Dragoons places because Hydra was the offensive legendary vehicle. Hydra can break the bricks in one hit. It didn't shoot or anything but it could do massive damage on you.

So yeah... The pieces part is correct, but everything else with the aimer and the K.O. doesn't make sense.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Lucario would help make the "Uber Pokemon" character a more viable fighter, since he'd be much quicker than Mewtwo, he'd have less knockback, and actual power behind his moves.

Although I'd still want both :D

This prophet kinda freaks me out what with the Dragoon update and the fact that he made the prediction 2 months ago. If Wolf is revealed to be playable (even LESS likely than Ness returning), I will believe this to be true.

Wrath`

Smash Master
He was a prick. It doesn't matter wether he was right or wrong about the predictions. He had absolutely no evidence or sources confirmed to back up his rumor topic, and he went all high and mighty about TOS and "the whole board is filled with rumors".

Bah, just because he was right on the Kirby Air Ride thing doesn't mean the rest of his post is reliable. If I had inside information I'd take advantage of it to spread all sorts of stupid rumors. "Digimons for Brawl!"
still you have to admit a good guess with the air ride thing

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Guy is a fake, a fraud and a bunch of things i would want to say but would get censord. Nothing personal "Prophet" I just think your crying out for attention.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Can I direct the audience in this direction: ---> Over Here

Yeah, So... Any one of these thousands of beta testers could have leaked a teeny-weeny little hint. Is that so hard to believe?
"OMGLIARZ!!!! PROFIT?!HAH! MORE LIKE @ NEWB!..." Not.

Wrath`

Smash Master

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Well, he definitely knew about the dragoon item before the update. No one can argue that.

But after that, things get sketchy. He could've only known about that one thing and is just making up the rest, now with some solid credibility. But it's hard to say. We'll have to keep an eye on those other things.

But it is strange on how he had such precise predictions about the very complex dragoon item, yet followed that with short obvious predictions without detail. It's obviously very likely that ganondorf and Capt. Falcon are returning and that Zelda can transform into sheik. It just leads me to believe that he only found out about that one specific update.

Actually, this post is probably right on the money.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Seriously:

Obelix: These people at Gamefaqs are CRAZY

Well... i want to say something. The people who is too sceptical are you really talking seriously? It seems like you are angry because you didn't get that info... Right or false, any info is good. People who just keep repriming info are really... idiots.

Who says mario isn't going to quit next monday, and put luigi instead of him. YEAH RIGHT, super smash bros brawl WITHOUT mario. You won't know what is true or what is false (even confirmed things) until the release. And dela with it. Any other thing (paranoia, conspirations, modding, idiots pro-prophets or idiots anti-prophets) is only ... nothing, i don't know how to say it in english.

Please, stay in your senses -_-UUU

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Guy is a fake, a fraud and a bunch of things i would want to say but would get censored. Nothing personal "Prophet" I just think your crying out for attention.

Lol, too bad he wasn't the one who started the whole fiasco over at gamefaqs. He came into the game late to defend himself and show people what actually happened with HARD EVIDENCE. Before you go and slander people and call them attention whores, do a LITTLE research first.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol @ GF's joke of a moderationg staff. Funny how they'll delete relevant info, but if you take a look at the Melee board it's full of off-topic crap like "JOIN THE SAM JACKSON ALLIANCE OMFG"

Chexr

Smash Ace
I think they deleted it so stupid rumors like this dont get started.

I dont know about the other things but Ness and Wolf will not be playable. Wolf is too much like Fox. Sakurai likes originality which neither bring to the table.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Wow, ever since the Up until now bandwagon, people have Ness-phobia.

Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time information has been leaked. The guys over at Starmen.net knew about the Franklin Badge, New Pork City, and Lucas before they were announced, and in great detail.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
the Dragoon part definitely makes that post seem logical. The "Lucario replaces Mewtwo" part is farfetched though; I'd love Lucario, but not as a Mewtwo replacement.

Puffs

Smash Ace
He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)
Unlikely.

Falco is returning.
Possible

Ganondorf is returning.
True.

Captain Falcon is returning.
True.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.
False.

Ness is returning.
Shamefully unlikely.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.
True.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.
True.

Oh and Final Destination is back.
True.
common sense in bold

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
no clons --> ness with different moveset.. simply as that
Imagine they make a new Street Fighter, with a new character that has all o ryu's moves. Then you unlock ryu, who has a completely new moveset.

Wouldn't make sense, would it? If the were going to make a new PSI-using character, they could have given these new moves to Lucas, not "re-make" Ness.

Look, i'm not saying that Ness will 100% not return in any way, but ths recurrent theory of Ness coming back with new moves just isn't logical at all.

Zek

Smash Ace
First of all, don't be too quick to believe anything based on a single accurate prediction. There are a ton of people making wild predictions, and eventually one of them is going to get it right and look like an informant(like the guy who called a veteran and newcomer in the same week). This would be a phenomenally lucky guess but it's not impossible. Also, even if he did know about Dragoon you can't rule out the possibility that he gave his one accurate piece of information in the middle of a bunch of crap he made up.

I can't imagine Ness or Wolf being anything but assist trophies. You could interpret his post that way if you wanted to but that sure isn't what he implied. In any case, this just isn't reliable enough for me to take it seriously.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Did I miss something? When did Smashboards become 6 BC Jerusalem?

Quit looking at every lucky guesser for new info. It's only a couple more weeks before release, so be patient.

fos

Smash Cadet
Imagine they make a new Street Fighter, with a new character that has all o ryu's moves. Then you unlock ryu, who has a completely new moveset.

Wouldn't make sense, would it? If the were going to make a new PSI-using character, they could have given these new moves to Lucas, not "re-make" Ness.

Look, i'm not saying that Ness will 100% not return in any way, but ths recurrent theory of Ness coming back with new moves just isn't logical at all.
yes. i think you are right, and i think there's still a chance for Ness on brawl.. but maybe he has one or two thing diffenrent that would be kinda different from lucas..

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yay final Destination again. Hope its updated and not so purpule.

Zek

Smash Ace
Also please don't use the word "prophet" to talk about someone who makes predictions about a video game. Honestly.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Prophet- someone who makesbold predictions with no factual baseline

Big mouth- someone with inside info who leaks it onto the net.

I choose the latter

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Call me lazy if you want to but I'm not reading through 22 pages...

Does this "prophet" thing hold any water?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he predicted the dragoon parts EXACTLY back around the time of stage builder and claimed to have an inside source. He also predicted some other stuff on the 1st page.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Did I miss something? When did Smashboards become 6 BC Jerusalem?

Quit looking at every lucky guesser for new info. It's only a couple more weeks before release, so be patient.
I'd say that the dragoon thing was a bit more than a lucky guess. He had to have known something about it to guess it with such accuracy. You cannot deny how great of a "guess" that is.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf

Wouldn't make sense, would it?
That's because Ryu is a character in a fighter. As such, his moves as they have been in past SF games are canonical. Ness's moves in Melee are different than his moves in Mother, which is the canon. As such, They could change him back to the way he's supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom