• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I just registered but have been lurking for some time.....

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=624557&postcount=8422

I've been reading through this topic and am surprised no one's mentioned this link above. I think this might be the post people have confused as serebii confirming lucario replacing mewtwo. All he says is that "there are characters that have not made the transition from Melee to Brawl, and not all of them were clones in Melee." Now think about this as well as chaos' info, now im not saying either of them are correct, or that one confirms another. But just throwing this out there for people to think about. When Serebii said this many people assumed he meant ness, but now with chaos he could (really emphasizing the word could here) more likely be referring to mewtwo.

With that in mind, whether or not this chaos guy really does have some inside info still needs to be determined. More dojo updates need to happen first, no one can be sure just yet, even if the dragoon thing turned out true.

Final note, please lets stop assuming things and discuss things we know.

Asuma

Smash Cadet
Well technically in Kirby Air Ride,you have to collect 3 parts;It's completely devastating when you have it;And it rushes through the stage.
Im not sure about the crosshair.
But it could just be an educated guess.

I mean,maybe he saw the other airwing featured in SSE? and got the idea from there.

kimchii xD

Smash Cadet
Well technically in Kirby Air Ride,you have to collect 3 parts;It's completely devastating when you have it;And it rushes through the stage.
Im not sure about the crosshair.
But it could just be an educated guess.
That could be true but the fact that he mentioned the Dragoon Parts EXACTLY as it said on the dojo (including the crosshair) I think he had an inside source.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Just because he made a good guess doesn't mean that he's a prophet. Also, there is a difference between a prophet and someone who has an inside source.

The Dragoon was 3 parts in Kirby Air Ride, so assuming a Dragoon based item that would be 3 parts wasn't a huge stretch of imagination.

Puffs

Smash Ace
It was made two months ago.
Given this forums's record, I find it hard to believe a prediction like that makes it here only after one of its points is correct. It also happens to be the most specific prediction in that whole post.

It'd be like someone suddenly posting "omg my friend on the inside told me dedede is in and he has a mechanical hammer" on October 25.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
C'mon, the kid got some inside info. That's not a stretch of the imagination at all, and more than believable. In fact it's suprising there HAVEN'T been any major leaks to this point. It's not even like he's trying to get attention. Quit being a bunch of paranoid macho freaks. Watch the hostility.

Puffs

Smash Ace
C'mon, the kid got some inside info. That's not a stretch of the imagination at all, and more than believable. In fact it's suprising there HAVEN'T been any major leaks to this point. It's not even like he's trying to get attention. Quit being a bunch of paranoid macho freaks. Watch the hostility.
Lucario replacing Mewtwo = fake

Boofer

Smash Ace
Oh wait!
It's coming to me now!
Jigglypuff will replace Pikachu, I swear, I saw it in a dream.

Video game prophets?
You have to be kidding...
>_>......He's not literally a prophet. He's called a "prophet" because he has unknown sources and told us about something very specific two months before it was revealed.

Lucario replacing Mewtwo = fake
I wouldn't rule that out completely...This is the second time somebody with unknown sources predicted Lucario would replace Mewtwo.

Puffs

Smash Ace
I wouldn't rule that out completely...This is the second time somebody with unknown sources predicted Lucario would replace Mewtwo.
Do you play the Pokemon games?

I raised a Lucario myself, and it is nothing like Mewtwo in the slightest. The only similarity between the two is that they both have good offensive stats.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice

I raised a Lucario myself, and it is nothing like Mewtwo in the slightest. The only similarity between the two is that they both have good offensive stats.
They don't have to be similar to be replaced

Boofer

Smash Ace

Well, I haven't played a pokemon game in a looooonggg time, but I know enough to say that these two are different enough to co-exist in Brawl. Though there are two reasons why I think it'll be one or the other: 1. the similarity between shadow ball and aura sphere, and 2. too many pokemon. The team might have considered Lucario's popularity and kicked mewtwo out, unfortunately.

Puffs

Smash Ace
They don't have to be similar to be replaced
Yes, they do. Otherwise, it's just taking Mewtwo out for no reason. Lucario has nothing similar to Teleport or Disable, let alone the rest of Mewtwo's psychic-based attacks. It is impossible for Lucario to take Mewtwo's place.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Yes, they do. Otherwise, it's just taking Mewtwo out for no reason. Lucario has nothing similar to Teleport or Disable, let alone the rest of Mewtwo's psychic-based attacks. It is impossible for Lucario to take Mewtwo's place.
Kinda sorta...The fact that they are both pokemon characters coupled with their similar energy ball moves could be enough for one to be considered a replacement for the other.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Replacing doesn't mean they have to fight the same way, Mewtwo's style doesn't have to exist in Brawl.

who8therice

Smash Cadet
yeah, just because they both come from pokemon is grounds for replacement

lol Boofer i thought your avatar was G&W out of the corner of my eye

Agosta44

Smash Ace

Well let's see........how many people hated Mewtwo in melee? A LOT. IF Sakurai saw this, don't you think he would try and make a lot of fans happy and replace him with someone that would be better? If it was me, I would, and throw Mewtwo into an AT (yes, AT.) and give him some devastating attack, so being the most powerful pokemon do something better than death fodder.

Also, with the leak info:

1. AGAIN. He's NOT a prophet. He had a friend on the inside, and info was leaked. THAT'S IT.

2. Stop questioning the legitimacy! He said he didn't know, so that's how it stands. HE DOESN'T KNOW. Stop flaming him and slandering the guys name for giving us information! You guys need to be more appreciative and accept it. Just because it's not what you want, doesn't mean it's not going to happen. And let me go over this...AGAIN

Wolf- He said he was IN THE GAME. He didn't say PLAYABLE. Do I smell a Boss?
Falco- No ****
Ganondorf- No ****, is he decloned?
C. Falcon-No ****
Lucario replacing Mewtwo- The word "replace" is too vague. Kinda like "Up until now", right?
Ness- No ****
Sheik- And another, no ****.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I agree, 'replaced' could mean a number of things. Lucario could've replaced Mewtwo in an Event, on the select screen, or in the method needed to unlock him.

It makes no sense that they'd just throw Mewtwo out like that, despite how popular Lucario is right now.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I agree, 'replaced' could mean a number of things. Lucario could've replaced Mewtwo in an Event, on the select screen, or in the method needed to unlock him.

It makes no sense that they'd just throw Mewtwo out like that, despite how popular Lucario is right now.
EXACTLY. What happens on boards like these are that people jump to a conclusion and force it on people as facts, being the ignorant trolls they are. People need to learn to stop doing this and use something called THE THOUGHT PROCESS and think before they speak.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Seeing as how unsure he sounded in the post, you can be sure he probably leaked the info from someone or stole some files. As much as this could be true remember, it's still in development so even if he is right(to some point) things can change, just wait until the game actually comes out on Jan.24

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Wolf- He said he was IN THE GAME. He didn't say PLAYABLE. Do I smell a Boss?
Falco- No ****
Ganondorf- No ****, is he decloned?
C. Falcon-No ****
Lucario replacing Mewtwo- The word "replace" is too vague. Kinda like "Up until now", right?
Ness- No ****
Sheik- And another, no ****.
Actually, before he was officially banned, he clarified that meant Wolf and the others as PLAYABLE and didn't realize it would be interpreted as any other way.

I'm new here by the way, HELLO ALL

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Actually, before he was officially banned, he clarified that meant Wolf and the others as PLAYABLE and didn't realize it would be interpreted as any other way.

I'm new here by the way, HELLO ALL
As far as I know, he is currently warned. Where did he clarify that? I was around all day and didn't see that anywhere.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Here's what I think:

How Mewtwo got in Melee:

How Lucario is getting a free ride into Brawl:

yaino (ya, I know [for you non-inter-lengo knowers]) , makes too much sense. Just bare with me.

Charizard and those guys look like they're in an SnM attire....

smash_kid

Smash Cadet
Just to defend my post earlier, it's just ridiculous to call this thread "Prophet?"

Ok, yes, he's a guy with some inside info, oh well.
But the issue is that it likely isn't inside info. It's probably just a lucky guesser. And even if it is, we have no way of knowing whether what he said was true or not. So why are we still talking about it?

I guess my thing about it being ridiculous is how excited people are getting over his "leaks". Why get excited at all when we won't know until the 26th?

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as how unsure he sounded in the post, you can be sure he probably leaked the info from someone or stole some files. As much as this could be true remember, it's still in development so even if he is right(to some point) things can change, just wait until the game actually comes out on Jan.24
Jan 24 is 4 weeks away... the game should be finalized by now and should go gold anytime soon, it takes about 4 - 5 weeks from the moment it goes gold till it hits the shelves. right now all we can do is hope that the things we want (like megaman) have already been included in the game (or excluded).
im sure some things have changed since this guy posted this on oct 29th. but not too drastically since 2 months of development isnt that much time to change drastically a game. my bet is that this rumor is true.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
But the issue is that it likely isn't inside info. It's probably just a lucky guesser. And even if it is, we have no way of knowing whether what he said was true or not. So why are we still talking about it?
someone doesnt just guess the dragoon update like that. he clearly got inside info. i mean, he guessed the item, that it has 3 parts, that once you aqcuire them you use it like a crosshair thingy and unleash it for pwnage.
and why are we still talking about it? its fun. why are you reading this anyway?

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
the dragoon thing was a bit more than a lucky guess. He had to have known something about it to guess it with such accuracy.

Guys the only similarity between the Dragoon in Air Ride and Brawl is that it is in three parts. Thats it.

it never did these stuff in Air Ride .

smash_kid

Smash Cadet
someone doesnt just guess the dragoon update like that. he clearly got inside info. i mean, he guessed the item, that it has 3 parts, that once you aqcuire them you use it like a crosshair thingy and unleash it for pwnage.
and why are we still talking about it? its fun. why are you reading this anyway?
LOL, well, yes, and part of the fun is debating. So I'm taking part in that. And I'm reading it because I have nothing else to do on my school break, and the Dojo has no smashness for me next week.

And how are we proving this is inside information? I haven't seen anybody do that yet...

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.
All of these sound good to me. My only concern is Krystal, I want her in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom