• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
LOL, well, yes, and part of the fun is debating. So I'm taking part in that. And I'm reading it because I have nothing else to do on my school break, and the Dojo has no smashness for me next week.

And how are we proving this is inside information? I haven't seen anybody do that yet...
PROBABLY because he had info on the dragoon update several months prior

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
My thoughts in BOLD

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)
Nothing says playable, I would say he is in as an AT for sure

Falco is returning.
I'll give him that

Ganondorf is returning.
No F in way

Captain Falcon is returning.
""

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.
...I don't doubt it, I herd it before

Ness is returning.
ROFL, but again, he never says character, I think all non returning characters should be AT/Pokeballs (that means you mewtwo, pichu, and jigglypuff)

Zelda can turn into Sheik.
Not too hard to believe

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.
No way this could happen, what a lieing noob

Oh and Final Destination is back.
There is the stadium that Mario and Kirby fight on, so that could be the new FD, or he could mean as a returning stage, OR it could be like battlefield and get a graphical update

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, you know all of it doesn't have to be true. Parts of it can be, but not all of it has to be true.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Jan 24 is 4 weeks away... the game should be finalized by now and should go gold anytime soon, it takes about 4 - 5 weeks from the moment it goes gold till it hits the shelves. right now all we can do is hope that the things we want (like megaman) have already been included in the game (or excluded).
im sure some things have changed since this guy posted this on oct 29th. but not too drastically since 2 months of development isnt that much time to change drastically a game. my bet is that this rumor is true.
But still, they wouldn't push it back for no reason, so they must've changed omething

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
My thoughts in BOLD

Ganondorf is returning.
No F in way

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.
No way this could happen, what a lieing noob

......Lolwhat?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
*sigh*

But don't you think he could just be guessing? Especially if he knew how the Dragoon worked in Air Ride?
That would be a pretty good "guess" to call the item, the fact that you have to collect it in pieces, and that it activates an OHKO with a TARGETING CROSSHAIR to use it.

Give it up people, he called that dead-on and that gives him credibility. He could be lying about everything else but then again...he could not be. And if he wasn't...isn't this stuff most people wanted back ANYWAY?

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on it are that Characters such as Falcon and Ganondorf; surely they can't be excluded from the playable characters roster?

Even characters such as Pichu and Jigglypuff, why would they take characters OUT which were previously playable.

Don't forget that it's almost JANUARY which is very close to 1st of FEB (creams pants everywhere) Which means there are just over 30 updates to go - In which they couldn't possibly reveal much more on characters.

there will be lots of secrets we don't know about by the time it's released.

I think all characters in previous games will still be in Brawl*

*(with this statement i give permission to rub this post in my face if all characters do not return)

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
But still, they wouldn't push it back for no reason, so they must've changed omething
most likely character balancing, adding a few stages, a new character or 2 and polishing wifi performance. that´s my guess.

Revven

FrankerZ
The Dragoon doesn't do anything like this in Air Ride.

why won't people listen????
Because if it's in Brawl they think that's what it does in the game it came from because everything in Brawl is apparently canon or has to be canon to the series. ¬_¬

ie: TP Zelda turning into Sheik = Big no no for lots of people and yet, Sakurai will prove all those disbelievers wrong.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's because Ryu is a character in a fighter. As such, his moves as they have been in past SF games are canonical. Ness's moves in Melee are different than his moves in Mother, which is the canon. As such, They could change him back to the way he's supposed to be.
And then give Lucas the not Mother-realistic moves? Makes even less sense.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Do people still think he actually guessed that the Dragoon would act it that manner? Is that even possible to guess? o.O

Seriously now people, is that how you'd think the dragoon would act in Brawl if you knew it was in it? No way >.> His guess is too accurate.

But its still hard to believe everything else because I'm sick of hearing these gamefaqs prophets stating that they found out info about characters, without a source >.<

I'm not really sure what to think XD

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
it's just to darn accurate of a dragoon description:

1. It's a lie and someone some how went back and edited there post or something and was like see i guessed it! (dunno much about that websites editing/modifying posts and if ppl would notice or what). I mean the dragoon is the ONLY thing he predicted that had any detail on what exactly it is and i could totally see someone realizing if they're gonna "fake" that they knew about the dragoon they can't just say there will be an item called the dragoon from kirby's air rider cause thats "guessable" they'd have to be specific for peoeple to beleive they actually KNEW about this item.

2. They actually Knew about the Dragoon and then ADDED all the other info. Basically they DID get the Dragoon leaked to them and then since thats not a very "cool" leak they added alot of other info people would want to know.

3. It's true. They got leaked info somehow and since the dragoon is ridiculously correct the rest must be as well...

tho he didn't really say if like ness or wolf were playable just that they're in the game, they could still just be assist trophies... tho he or the person who told him this info probably would have specified if they weren't playable...

chaos_zero

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0222-2373-0059
Hi. I'm ChaosZero. I heard people were arguing about this prophet crap over on Smashboards.

I now assume you will doubt the validity of my identity. Whatever.

Anyways. Please stop arguing about it.

Here is the info:

One of my best friends knows someone who has access to this sort of information. It would be irresponsible and jeopardize this persons job if I give any more info, so I ask that you please refrain from asking for it.

This person has consistently and frequently updated us on various information for various Nintendo products.

All of the information was given to me at the same time. The dragoon part was the only part that needed to be explained in detail. Do I need to be like "NESS IS BACK AND THIS TIME HIS HAT HAS A REALISTIC TEXTURE AND HIS BAT HAS TEXT ON IT AND HIS DOWN A IS DIFFERENT"

I'm not a prophet. I don't know. That's all I got.

I, too, was skeptical when I heard all of this stuff. That's why I didn't rush and spread it around.

Then, when the stage builder came true, I thought I might just simply relay the information. I then got flamed to hell, moderated, and when I contested the moderation the ridiculous GameFaQ's staff screwed me. Whatever though.

So I check the smash update every night on the dojo. I had just come back from a bar, and I was pretty drunk. The Dragoon part comes on, and it is exactly as I was told. As I usually do, I go check the gamefaqs boards afterwards to see what people thought.

Then I saw all the topics about my old "prophecy" or "prediction." It's not a guess. It's leaked information. I'm not making a lucky guess. How could anyone even guess about the crosshair thing? I saw a video of the dragoon part on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=seS0R-vh0Yg

Do you see any crosshairs?

Anyhow, please. Stop arguing. I know that you can't trust me, because I'm just some random faceless "prophet" from the internet. I get it. However, you really have to stretch reason to believe that the dragoon parts was just a guess.

If you think I got one piece of info, and made up the rest; that's your prerogative. Time will prove everything true or false, anyway.

But it seems people are disavowing the rest of the knowledge because they're being childish.

"NO WAY LUCARIO COULD REPLACE MEWTWO, LUCARIO IS AN IDIOT DOG DUMBTARD!"

"Ness? Back in? Are you a fu***** ******? The site said 'UP UNTIL NOW,' moron."

"LOLOL WOLF? He's not even original! Krystal because she's so fu***** hawt!!!!"

"Ganondorf returning? Well DUH, CHAOSZERO. Even my aborted to-be little sister could've guessed that one!"

There, hopefully everything has been clarified. I will not give any more information out, regardless if I have it or not. Hopefully this stops the arguing.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
hi chaos zero! well i'll be trusting and say thanks for the info, true or not thanks for giving us what you know.

we will debate it becuase thats what you do befor a game comes out and info gets thrown around.

don't take offense to people questioning leaked info it's just the way it is.

but regaurdless, if you truly do know leaked info thank you for sharing it with the brawl community who is dieing for info!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
my inside source named Sasahiro Makurai claims that Tom Nook will be in the background of Smashville

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Like you said chaos_zero, time will prove you true or false. However, I'm having serious BlueWave flashbacks here, and have grown tired of the supposed leakers frollicking to and fro, punctuating what they did or didn't say zillions of times.

I'll concede the fact that you got the Dragoon spot on. That, however, gives you a free pass, as it were, to predict anything else. I note like you said, you surfaced after the Dragoon bit had come true. That's just a bit suspicious.

You're an intelligent-seeming person, and as such you're choosing your words carefully. So what do you gain by repeating everything you've already said? Right now you're berating us, it sounds like, for not believing the other parts of your leak. To everyone else, it seems highly unlikely Ness will be in, for instance. You could be wrong or you could be right, but why resurface now just to drive in that fact?

chaos_zero

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0222-2373-0059
I haven't just "resurfaced." I got flamed to hell because of simply relaying information. I mostly lurk on the boards, and post every now and then on gamefaqs. I haven't disappeared or anything, just kept using the boards.

I even made this video that's gotten like 30,000 hits or something:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3rt0UYPw

Anyway, yeah. I'm just trying to clarify, not berate. I could still use my "free pass" as you call it and make more "predictions." But I'm not going to.

Thanks.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
heh nice video thats cool.

yea i'm not gonna debate your leaked info if you got all of it from the same source as the dragoon then there's no reason to doubt it.

but you do have to understand why people don't trust it. Moret han naythnig it's just that the ONLY thing you go into detail with is the dragoon.

now i know going into detail like you said: "NESS IS BACK AND THIS TIME HIS HAT HAS A REALISTIC TEXTURE AND HIS BAT HAS TEXT ON IT AND HIS DOWN A IS DIFFERENT"

is stupid. but somethnig like "wolf and falco are playable and are they the only playable star fox characters" would be enoguh "detail" to sound credible, or just explaining you don't know anything else.

i know it sounds dumb but people on these smash boards go into ridiculous detail about exactly what they know if they know info, if you can write something like:

"ness is back. i don't know if that means assist trophy or playable or as a seperate lucas costume all i was told is he's back"

then you sound more credible.

just a siggustion if you don't want people poking at every little thing about your leak and it would be very much appreciated if you did that here (write a post theroly explaining all the info you've given us) thanks.

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Like you said chaos_zero, time will prove you true or false. However, I'm having serious BlueWave flashbacks here, and have grown tired of the supposed leakers frollicking to and fro, punctuating what they did or didn't say zillions of times.
Well, BlueWave here, and I can say that I believe Chaos Zero. Since I have experience in faking things (I was BrawlMessenger, BlueWave, and Brawl Insider), I can usually tell when someone is lying and telling the truth. I think we may have a real leak this time, folks.

-Risky-

Smash Apprentice
@ Chaos Zero

I don't think you are just making stuff up as you're not claiming to be some sort of prophet and therefore have nothing to gain. I'm actually inclined to believe you due to the Dragoon thing, guessing it would just be too much of a stretch. However all the other stuff, Ness, Wolf, Lucario, is all such stock prophetic material.

My bet is that your informant genuinely knew about the Dragoon, and then either you or him fluffed it out with all the extra info. Either way, it's the most interesting info leak so far, so thanks for sharing ;)

JUMPING_YOSHI

Smash Cadet
I also tought about a co-op mode after the Subspace emmisary update.It was because I saw Link and Yoshi on a screenshot.Seeing that they were together,I tought that maybe there would be a co-op story mode,but I tought it would be too good to be true until I saw the update...
I'm sure this was just a coincidence...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Dragoon part = Too specific to not rub off on the rest.

I think we will have more than 40 characters, so I guess it is possible the SF universe will get 4, with Krystal.

I'm sorry, but my mind instantly rejects any rumor that doesn't include confirmation of Krystal.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Well, BlueWave here, and I can say that I believe Chaos Zero. Since I have experience in faking things (I was BrawlMessenger, BlueWave, and Brawl Insider), I can usually tell when someone is lying and telling the truth. I think we may have a real leak this time, folks.
As far as the deja vu, I meant because I believe even you used the "Time will reveal the truth" line. While more accurate than your Sonic prediction, he has the same "riding on one accuracy" line that at least half a dozen others have purported. Your decisions for coming out as a fake baffled me. You could have just as easily faded into obscurity like Chaos Zero might if his predictions are untrue, then come back as someone else and no one be the wiser. No one will really care about Chaos Zero or other leakers come release; everyone will be lamenting their favorite character unplayable and playing the game and discussing its new elements and etc.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
About time you showed up Chaos......thanks for clarifying for everyone here who's been bashing you. It started to get really annoying listening to all the pre-teens whining that characters they don't like are still in brawl.

Um....by the way....hear anything about Isaac??

Wrath`

Smash Master
If he wont reveal any more info, he probably doesn't have any more, and if he does what does he have ti lose, I don't think sakura has a secret police anywhere.

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
I believe him/her. I mean, it is a HUGE game, so it's going to be hard to keep it all secret (Developer tells friend...Friend tells friend...friend tells internet...). BUT true predictions are going to be bogged down by so many false ones that we won't even pay attention. That item description is just TOO spot on.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
ok, falco needs to go. hes a clone and a watste of a character slot. if ness is in there, then its fine by me, but we don't need final destination. we got the arena from adventure mode for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom