• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
If he wont reveal any more info, he probably doesn't have any more, and if he does what does he have ti lose, I don't think sakura has a secret police anywhere.
Well if everyone around the net weren't such A holes about the situation, if he did indeed have anymore inside info, he may have shared it with us, but noooooooooo. Let's slander his name....

Wrath`

Smash Master
ok, falco needs to go. hes a clone and a watste of a character slot. if ness is in there, then its fine by me, but we don't need final destination. we got the arena from adventure mode for that.
The arena could be FD just changed like batlefield
Falco was a sweet character, don't be mad at his greatness

cswright

Smash Apprentice
well, chaos sounds sane and not full of himself, and he gets points just for that. The description is good for the Dragoon and the rest is not that farfetched when youre not considering all these chars as playable. I like the odds, and thanks for the info (i hope), but theres no way of truly knowing until its released.

EDIT: ps liked the video chaos that's cool

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
^i'd guess jigglypuff? not that i want jigglypuff out ness would make more sense at this point.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt any of the original 12 are out. Why? Look...

In May, a blogger named Nintendrone got a hold of a weird sheet of info regarding MP 3: C, Project Hammer, Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl. LOOK: http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/

See for yourselves - Basically everything on this sheet was congruous with what actually happened!

This sheet said all the original 12 are in, but that all the Melee newcomers would not return.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
"Not all characters will return. All of the original smash bros. will."

If this guy is right, then that means Ness IS returning.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt any of the original 12 are out. Why? Look...

In May, a blogger named Nintendrone got a hold of a weird sheet of info regarding MP 3: C, Project Hammer, Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl. LOOK: http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/

See for yourselves - Basically everything on this sheet was congruous with what actually happened!

This sheet said all the original 12 are in, but that all the Melee newcomers would not return.
But this guys is just vauge enough that he sounds correct or he uses common sense stuff

• Adventure mode will be much bigger (duh)
  • N64 game modes returning (duh)
  • Event Modes back (duh)

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
That article was made all the way back in May. Why the heck wasn't that article brought up sooner?!

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I think that guy Nintendrone has been found out to be a complete phony. A very LUCKY phony, but I think that was was found fake a while ago.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I think that guy Nintendrone has been found out to be a complete phony. A very LUCKY phony, but I think that was was found fake a while ago.
It wasn't Nintendrone that was proven false, it was an article ON it that was. Someone must have taken that Gamefaqs rumor seriously and posted it on Nintendrone.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't Nintendrone that was proven false, it was an article ON it that was. Someone must have taken that Gamefaqs rumor seriously and posted it on Nintendrone.
My bad... in any event, the information is incredibly vague and probably shouldn't be trusted.

The Director

Smash Lord
There have been plenty of prophets throughout history. Most of them turned out to be duds. Remember Nostradomus? Didn't he predict the world would end by now...like 15 times?

Last time I checked, life went on.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I say Ness is in and not based on this dudes info. Less than a month and a half befor JPN gets the game, can't you guys wait?!?!?!?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
But this guys is just vauge enough that he sounds correct or he uses common sense stuff

• Adventure mode will be much bigger (duh)
  • N64 game modes returning (duh)
  • Event Modes back (duh)
Look at the entire sheet (released in May) and compare it what was confirmed for ALL those games, and you'll see the sheet holds up very very well.

Look:

Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. (Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them.) NON-PARENTHESIZED PART CONFIRMED LATER
No motion-sensitive controls in main game. INCORRECT - SHAKING CAN BE ISSUED AN ACTION
Game will feature no more than 50 characters. UNCONFIRMED
“Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.” CONFIRMED LATER
“Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around [...] There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ [...] There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.” UNCONFIRMED
Not all characters will return. All of the original smash bros. will. UNCONFIRMED
Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included. CONFIRMED LATER
The game has been made “more balanced”. SUGGESTED TO BE CORRECT BY DEMO IMPRESSIONS LONG AFTER MAY
N64 like intros. CONFIRMED LATER
There will be new items CONFIRMED LATER and some have been taken out. UNCONFIRMED
Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved. CONFIRMED LATER
Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured. CONFIRMED LATER
Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. CONFIRMED LATER
Events will be included. CONFIRMED LATER (But, granted, hardly a longshot)
This game is scheduled to release this year. (Keyword is "scheduled")

This is just for Brawl. And the sheet is from MAY. Seriously, how can this sheet have such accuracy on so many games, on so many points, yet not be credible regarding the appearance of the original dozen?

Granted, things can happen between May and the release, but when you come upon something like this it makes sense to go by it. Since I saw this sheet and saw it play out perfectly for Metroid Prime 3 (look at the original article) I believe it.

Original article, sheet included: http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/

Zek

Smash Ace
Look at the entire sheet and count hits and misses - it has a very good record overall, and CAN be trusted.
No it can't. Give me a break, just look at the entries you marked correct. They're all pretty much no-brainers that anybody here would have predicted. There isn't a single one there that I would even qualify as an unlikely guess, let alone solid proof of insider information. Maybe he knew something and maybe he didn't, but if the proof isn't irrefutable then the information is utterly useless for our purposes.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'd like to say that shaking your Wii remote is barely using the motion sensing, so that one could be marked as plausible. Also, adding this function could have been done any time.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
The only part I am having a hard time believing is Ness returning. Other than that, it's all good.

Quickly, everyone. We need an entire post (in tihs thread) dedicated to prophets who, so far, have been doing well.

I'm posting in pink to confuse you all.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Look at the entire sheet and count hits and misses - it has a very good record overall, and CAN be trusted.
None of those are "all or nothing" predictions, leaks, whatever, like the dragoon. Hell even I predicted 3/4 of that sheet myself. I'm not saying its fake, but its just a "no duh" type of thing.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
No it can't. Give me a break, just look at the entries you marked correct. They're all pretty much no-brainers that anybody here would have predicted. There isn't a single one there that I would even qualify as an unlikely guess, let alone solid proof of insider information. Maybe he knew something and maybe he didn't, but if the proof isn't irrefutable then the information is utterly useless for our purposes.

Look at the entire sheet, and you'll see many correct predictions. Samus retaining more moves at the beginning of MP3, and the different weapons piling on top of one another - is that a no-brainer? What about multiplayer in SMG - is that a no-brainer?

And the notion that a sliver of doubt makes it useless is laughable. This is not a Cartesian exercise - this is probabilistics; the weighing of different factors and the record of truth a source has to judge if unconfirmed information from the source is reliable.

The sheet is correct on a clear majority of points, and these points are not even arguable no-brainers for the most part. No break for you.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's fake, like everything else. Get over it. He's wrong about the shacking thing, and the Dragoon was a easy prediction. NONE OF THAT STUFF IS CRAZY THINKING! If he said the Pokémon Trainer was playable back in May, then I'd stop talking. :laugh:

He hasn't said anything that crazy or good. I could have figured the online, in-depth story and adventure mode (Sakurai always wanted one), most of the character roster (minus the Pokémon Trainer), etc. Hell, I've guessed 6 of the 7 newcomers correctly! >_< N64 entries are popular, and EVERYONE BASICALLY WANTED THEM BACK! I would have guessed multiple controls (at least Wiimote+Numchuck and Gamecube Controller). If he's saying Ness is coming back and Lucas is already confirmed, how can there be NO CLONES=??? Unless they change Ness' moves almost completely, Lucas is a Ness clone. Clones are the BIGGEST issue. They got that wrong, so they FAILED! :laugh:

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing that people are still throwing around the Nintendrone thing even though he admitted himself that it was all lies.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
OP may as well quit while he is ahead.
I believe the kid, but folks will refuse to listen to leaked info if it contradicts what they want.
Whatever. Just wanted to post before this gets closed.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
This isn't about the Nintendrone article that was proven wrong. This is something else. Someone claims to have went to New York and got info on Brawl and other games. this article was done in May.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
He hasn't said anything that crazy or good. I could have figured the online, in-depth story and adventure mode (Sakurai always wanted one), most of the character roster (minus the Pokémon Trainer), etc. Hell, I've guessed 6 of the 7 newcomers correctly! >_< N64 entries are popular, and EVERYONE BASICALLY WANTED THEM BACK! I would have guessed multiple controls (at least Wiimote+Numchuck and Gamecube Controller). If he's saying Ness is coming back and Lucas is already confirmed, how can there be NO CLONES=??? Unless they change Ness' moves almost completely, Lucas is a Ness clone. Clones are the BIGGEST issue. They got that wrong, so they FAILED! :laugh:
It would only make sense to change Ness's moveset, after all, it was pretty much based on Paula's moves.
And am I wrong in guessing that Lucas doesn't really use bat/ yoyo? Sure seems that way to me.
But whatever, I'm going off topic.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I haven't just "resurfaced." I got flamed to hell because of simply relaying information. I mostly lurk on the boards, and post every now and then on gamefaqs. I haven't disappeared or anything, just kept using the boards.

I even made this video that's gotten like 30,000 hits or something:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3rt0UYPw

Anyway, yeah. I'm just trying to clarify, not berate. I could still use my "free pass" as you call it and make more "predictions." But I'm not going to.

Thanks.
So you're the guy who made that youtube video? That was great man. :)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. (Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them.) THIS IS THE ONE BELIEVEABLE GUESS... BUT THERE WERE ARGUMENTS NONETHELESS ABOUT THE CONTROLLER EARLY ON
No motion-sensitive controls in main game. INCORRECT - SHAKING CAN BE ISSUED AN ACTION
Game will feature no more than 50 characters. ANYONE COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT
“Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.” AS SOON AS PEOPLE FOUND OUT THE WII HAD WIFI THEY BEGAN SPECULATING ABOUT ONLINE SMASH
“Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around [...] There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ [...] There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.” UMM... VAGUE...
Not all characters will return. All of the original smash bros. will. CHARACTERS NOT RETURNING WAS CONFIRMED VERY EARLY. AND NESS' CHANCES AREN'T LOOKING TOO GOOD
Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included. DUUUUHHH
The game has been made “more balanced”. CONSIDERING HE SAID VERY EARLY ON THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON BALANCE. AND ANYONE COULD HAVE GUESSED THIS
N64 like intros. EASY GUESS... EVERYONE THOUGHT OF THIS
There will be new items NO WAI!!!! and some have been taken out. EASY GUESS AGAIN
Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved. AGAIN OTHER PEOPLE SUGGESTED THIS IDEA
Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured. ANYONE COULD HAVE GUESSED THIS
Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. ANYONE COULD HAVE GUESSED THIS
Events will be included. DUH

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Everybody who says "Anybody could have predicted that" should **** off.
If anybody can, why didn't you? Airheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom