• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile Teir List Debate Thread

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Projectile Tier List :oneeye:
Ok so I wanted to see what people’s opinions were on projectiles. I don’t have extensive knowledge of every chars projectile game. But I just wanted to have a rough list on hand. I only consider projectiles to be hitboxes that COMPLETELY LEAVE the body of a char. So bowsers fire is not included since in a way its kinda attached, same for ics blizzard.
I’m basing my judgments on the projectiles damage, control power, stop power, safety, and tool for spacing, speed and range. Plus combo ability and how well a char can use apply them.
Also
This is open for debate obviously. Discuss and ill add stuff you guys think should be changed or whatever. I just wanted somewhere to start. I'm not claiming that this list is right or anything, just guesses from me.

1. Falco’s Lasers
2. Sheik’s Needles
3. Fox’s Lasers-due the incredible ability fox has to avoid ppl
4. Doc’s Pills/Young Link’s Bombs/Peach’s Turnips
5. Samus’s missiles
6. Link’s Bomb-he’s slower and has to be much closer than ylink to combo from bomb
7. Young Link’s boomerang
8. Link’s boomerang
9. Mewtwo’s shadowball
10. Samus's Bombs
11. Pichu/pika jolt
12. Mario’s fireballs
13. IC’s ice cubes
14. Young Link’s arrows-faster than links can be used in combos
15. Samus’s charge shot
16. Ness's PK thunder
17. Yoshi’s eggs-does great damage and stop power. puts him in a lot of danger. Even with ECE
18. Luigi's fireballs
19. Link's arrows
20. G&W bacon
21. Ness’s PK fire
22. Kirby’s Final Cutter
23. Ness’s PK flash
24. Zelda’s Din’s fire

Doc King

Smash Lord
Pretty good list, but I think that Kirbys Final Cutter should be last because it doesn't cover up much range, it's weak, it's slow, etc.

Violence

Smash Lord
I think Samus's bombs are much better than you make them out to be. They're used for recovery, evasion, and shield pressure, a lot more versatile than say, her charge shot, imo.

I also don't agree with Charge shot being that low... maybe a little higher.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
zedla din fire above ness's PK flash and i'd think yoshi's egss are above link's arrow it's useful for edge gaurd and what not.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
I think pichu's jolt should be lower than pikachu's. Pichu's jolt bites himself in the butt, but that's just me being picky.

Zelda's din fire is better than final cutter and pk flash. Final cutter bites as a projectile.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Links arrows are horrible. The only thing I could think they'd be useful for are a very situation combo where it ends up you shooting an arrow, hitting them, they fly up, get hit by the arrow, into a bomb, into your sword lol. Something ridiculous.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I think Yoshi's eggs should be a bit higher. :) just saying.. not even being biased either... I really think they should! ^^

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
^agree'd... I wouldn't say using yoshi's eggs are THAT dangerous against most characters... unless you're using them at incorrect/risky times.... which would go for most other projectiles anyways.... so, yeah.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Where do you think they should go?

now that i think about it. samus's bombs should go up more as well as the eggs. i forgot all the things u can do with he bombs

Geist

Smash Master
Lmao

K well
In all honesty samus's bombs are probably her best projectile. Missiles are overrated on a whole, they're predictable, and have no priority. Homing missiles are nice with the following and the cancelling but most characters can jab through them anyways, so they always end up being really situational.
Charge beam is terrifying in the hands of someone who uses it properly, but it suffers from the whole psychological thing where it keeps people on their toes when they expect it every second (just means you combo into it instead)

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
You can actually powersheild a mewtwos down-b and cause the mewtwo to get stunned?

wow.. that is such a slap in the face.
Back when I was still playing totally casually, I had this nasty habit of trying to Disable a reflecting Fox/Falco. Yes, it does work, and it's super annoying because there's no way to avoid the reflected projectile due to range and animation delay.

However, it's definitely not bottom of the list because despite the reflection gimp, requiring the move to hit the target's eyes (seriously, try disabling someone's back; it doesn't work) and it only causing a 1% tumble when it hits in midair...the ability to stun is awesome. Taj has plenty of recorded uses of it.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Links arrows are horrible. The only thing I could think they'd be useful for are a very situation combo where it ends up you shooting an arrow, hitting them, they fly up, get hit by the arrow, into a bomb, into your sword lol. Something ridiculous.
Link's arrow can absorb samus's charge beam, but I suppose link could just stand still and eat it with the shield.

Arrow > beam ????

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Way to put two specific situations above something that can be used on any character..
Din's Fire has no possible applications, while PK Flash can kill a stunned opponent.

The fact that Din's Fire is slightly faster doesn't make any real difference.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
peachs turnips **** not only are they **** b/c they have ridiculous ko turnips and and dot eyes which are sweet but if u catch a turnpi and ur not peach ur useless, plus she an pull mr. saturns, laser swords, bomb-ombs i mean common shes ******** and her floating allows her to incorporate her turnips into her combos or just to do stupid ****

Doc King

Smash Lord
Ness's PK Thunder should me higher because of the Yoyo glitch and Samus's neutral B move should be higher cause its quick and has very few lag in it.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
lol and how many Ness players do that?????
Charge shot is diff against diff chars. its almost useless against ppl with projectiles that can stop it.

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Well, any Ness player worth their salt knows how to set up the YYG and can set it up in a real match at least occasionally (it's very hard to set up against certain characters), but even if you do set it up, it's even harder to get a Thunder Jacket on, unless your opponent doesn't have a clue about what the YYG is. However, I wouldn't quite call Thunder Jacket a reason to boost PK Thunder's rating on the projectile list, since, technically, it's the PKT2 hitbox that makes the jacket; the projectile part of the attack has no bearing on it.
What does make PK Thunder deserve at least a decent spot is that it can juggle floaties and edgeguard Fastfallers. PK Thunder is by far better than Luigi's fireballs; as much as I love Luigi, his fireballs have somewhat limited use; they're certainly not better than Pk Thunder.

PK Flash is groovysauce.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Well, any Ness player worth their salt knows how to set up the YYG and can set it up in a real match at least occasionally (it's very hard to set up against certain characters), but even if you do set it up, it's even harder to get a Thunder Jacket on, unless your opponent doesn't have a clue about what the YYG is. However, I wouldn't quite call Thunder Jacket a reason to boost PK Thunder's rating on the projectile list, since, technically, it's the PKT2 hitbox that makes the jacket; the projectile part of the attack has no bearing on it.
What does make PK Thunder deserve at least a decent spot is that it can juggle floaties and edgeguard Fastfallers. PK Thunder is by far better than Luigi's fireballs; as much as I love Luigi, his fireballs have somewhat limited use; they're certainly not better than Pk Thunder.

PK Flash is groovysauce.
groovysauce

best adjective

+1

Doc King

Smash Lord
That makes scense, although It has good recovering ability to it. I think this list is overall pretty good, I'm just pointing out a few things that could use improvement.

unknown522

Some guy
falco
sheik
fox

the rest are bad/sub-par.

pretty much the top list is ok, but YL's arrows are better than that.

Also, I think the turnips aren't listed, and are at least better than samus's bombs.

Top Bottom