• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, his fingers were basically little balls. Also, I'm pretty sure his toes are like, well. His toe is only like a little oblong ball coming out of the foot in the inside side. I don't think they're really all that distinct and pronounced. But other than that, that's some really great work! (=w=)b

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
Great job! It looks very nice but I see some flaws

1. Try making his arms 1.5 - 2 times thicker

2. Try making his toes closer together and his feet longer

3. You forgot the ball joint thing on his foot

4. Maybe make his chest area look more bulgey and muscular like abs

5. Make the start of the tail and the end a bit thicker

6. And maybe make the head a bit less "pointy looking"

7. I don't think his legs can bend if you know what I mean. I think it's like straight. (Can someone confirm this? In official pictures and the movie it's straight but in Melee it looks like his legs can bend)

Everything else looks fine but if you want to make Mewtwo from the movies then his thighs and tail is a lot thicker

Other than those i think your Mewtwo looks fantastic even without those changes.

And heres some reference I used from pictures and observing the movie

http://smashfan.com/characterimages/mewtwo.jpg

http://kxn.paperwaspnest.com/smash/image/mewtwo.png

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Great job! It looks very nice but I see some flaws

1. Try making his arms 1.5 - 2 times thicker

2. Try making his toes closer together and his feet longer

3. You forgot the ball joint thing on his foot

4. Maybe make his chest area look more bulgey and muscular like abs

5. Make the start of the tail and the end a bit thicker

6. And maybe make the head a bit less "pointy looking"

7. I don't think his legs can bend if you know what I mean. I think it's like straight. (Can someone confirm this? In official pictures and the movie it's straight but in Melee it looks like his legs can bend)

Everything else looks fine but if you want to make Mewtwo from the movies then his thighs and tail is a lot thicker

Other than those i think your Mewtwo looks fantastic even without those changes.

And heres some reference I used from pictures and observing the movie

http://smashfan.com/characterimages/mewtwo.jpg

http://kxn.paperwaspnest.com/smash/image/mewtwo.png

I completely agree with this post. Overall, Mewtwo should look thicker. I know these are the early stages of the model, but I think these flaws should be noted so that hopefully, a more accurate model can be completed. Here is a perfect example of what I mean by more "thickness:"

Notice the difference in the size of the thighs and tail. They were much larger. Even in the upper body area, he was a lot larger. I think that if more size was given to each of these areas, particularly the the thighs and tail, the model would be more accuaretly represented. Hope this helps! :)

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
I see you get my point ^^ I also forgot to mention Mewtwo's thighs should look round, more oval like instead of kind of pointy and thin. And also, his hands seem a bit off. His fingers should be evenly spaced out and will look like a dinosaur foot instead of human looking hand with a "thumb."(With his middle finger slightly longer than the 2 next to it LOL) It should be more evenly spaced with slighty bigger ball looking tip. His thighs look like the right size if you play Melee(It's smaller and that size) unless you want to make the Movie ver. Then the tail and Thigh is much thicker like the above picture. I am aware that this is still a beta so I will point out some more flaws when more updated versions release.

Er, that tail is a little too thick. >_> In the poster, I mean.

Ok, some little things:

1) Mewtwo needs a LOT less traction.
2) USmash needs a bit less lag.

>__>.....
....that's it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Er, that tail is a little too thick. >_> In the poster, I mean.

Ok, some little things:

1) Mewtwo needs a LOT less traction.
2) USmash needs a bit less lag.

>__>.....
....that's it.
>3>; Not sure how to do traction. I'll work on it.
USmash can be done.
-DD

Alright. Yeah, just a tad less, not much.
Also, can someone get a vid up of Mewtwo using DACUS? I wanna see that.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwos official sugimori artwork:
that is what mewtwo is SUPPOSED to look like
off topic: in the games gen 1,2,and 3 made a pretty good mewtwo sprites but NOW:
sre you SURE those 2 are mewtwo?

foodkingdc

Smash Rookie
sorry, i'm kind of new to this model hacking thing, but how do you import the model into the game?

foodkingdc

Smash Rookie
what i meant to say was, how are you going to import the model into the game using the model importer. Is the result going to be a code, or an actual FitCharacter#.pac?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Hey D.D,

For Mewtwo's Dair couldn't you use Lucario's backward tumble animation? That's just a suggestion I thought of while playin' with him. One tumble is just about the equivalent to Mewtwo's actual Dair.

Foodguy, please don't double post. >__> Use the edit button.

Also, at S3raphim, that's actually a good idea. It would look really authentic.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey D.D,

For Mewtwo's Dair couldn't you use Lucario's backward tumble animation? That's just a suggestion I thought of while playin' with him. One tumble is just about the equivalent to Mewtwo's actual Dair.
Lol. Good idea xD!

I'll work on it now, get some stuff done with my free time.

-DD

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
Yea screw number 7 in my earlier post I checked Mewtwo in melee. It can bend his legs. He's correct but in official pictures and the movie it doesn't seem like it. Maybe they changed his legs so it can duck and more moves involving kicks?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I personally think the tumble would work better for Uair, and keep the animation you have now for dair, speed it up, and put in a single spike hitbox at the end, like his Melee dair.
I'll take a look at the animation and figure out whats up.
-DD

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I personally think the tumble would work better for Uair, and keep the animation you have now for dair, speed it up, and put in a single spike hitbox at the end, like his Melee dair.
The animation for Dair is too wonky... It's unfitting for Mewtwo.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
wow, thank you everyone for the comments and feedback..

my main reference for this mewtwo is ken sugimori's mewtwo which was posted earlier, thought i'm implementing some ideas of melee mewtwo and some more original ideas, thought they are subtle :p

regarding the circular ankles, yes i know, but i want first to be 100% sure regarding the mesh in the foots, and then i will add them, and the toes, i'm adding a little more mesh and rounding them a little more.

regarding the fingers, i think that it's the correct lenght, at least sugimori's mewtwo and melee's mewtwo had long fingers (and melee's mewtwo "balls" are really small), still I made them a little thickier and the balls a little bigger now... I hope that i manage to finish the model today :)

and i'm happy that even if a lot of people were searching for some discrepancies regarding other models.. noone was bugged by the shoulders area, guess that it blends really well :).

mmm..... thought.. should i make the eyes separate spheres and model the borders? or i should make them flat so they end being defined by the textures? (like for example jigglypuffs eyes)

TerraScythe

Smash Rookie
M2 for Brawl!

Hey guys.
Even though Svartwolf is modeling Mewtwo, this thread inspired me to give it a go as well.
I hope you don't mind Svartwolf, and your model looks really good!

I used Maya to model it, and my reference was the picture of Mewtwo seen on the image.
If you want to use it, let me know. If you don't , no dramas. :)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
His thighs and crotch/initial tail area could be a little fatter, but otherwise that's really sharp. Nice work.

Also, how many polygons does the traditional Brawl character model have? If you have some to spare, I'd smooth out the tail a little more.

Check out this picture for reference: http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/16387/gigabowserfight.jpg

Props.

황미영

Smash Champion
Wow, that Mewtwo looks amazing!

Is the picture supposed to be used as a refrerence to his tail or the character overall? Cause Melee Mewtwo looks funky with his huge head. xD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
His thighs and crotch/initial tail area could be a little fatter, but otherwise that's really sharp. Nice work.

Also, how many polygons does the traditional Brawl character model have? If you have some to spare, I'd smooth out the tail a little more.

Check out this picture for reference: http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/16387/gigabowserfight.jpg

Props.
>_> I think Brawl models use ~3000 faces...so yea, it looks good and it could get smoothed.

Also, looks really nice, gimmegimme. I'm collecting them all and I'll see which one work best when the time comes.

T~T I wanna learn how to do these dangit.
-DD

황미영

Smash Champion
Could we have Mewtwo become an official character for Brawl and Brawl+ tourneys? O: Or is he most likely going to alienate himself from the rest of the cast?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The official stance of Brawl+ and the WBR is that we are not going to recommend TOs to accept new characters in the tourney scene any time in the foreseeable future. We're still getting the existing characters and their matchups worked out without having any additional variables added in. Of course, TOs can do whatever they please.

If at some point after Brawl+ goes Gold a character such as M2 reaches the level of polish and balance that the existing characters are at, and the community is universally clamoring for his injection into the tourney scene, then we'll talk about the possibility of changing our recommendation.

As for vBrawl and the SBR, most vBrawlers are already Hack-a-phobic enough as it is. If you can't convince the general population of Brawlers to remove tripping as a standard, you won't convince them to add M2. Again, though, TOs ultimately call the shots.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If at some point after Brawl+ goes Gold a character such as M2 reaches the level of polish and balance that the existing characters are at, and the community is universally clamoring for his injection into the tourney scene, then we'll talk about the possibility of changing our recommendation.
>_> This = HOPE.

Mewtwo is no where near polished or finished enough to warrant anything like "official inclusion" at the moment. When the "real" clone engine + model swaps becomes available, then I might start experimenting with tournaments with PSA characters, see how it goes.
-DD

황미영

Smash Champion
Alright, well hopefully in the future we can open up a poll to get everyone's opinion on the idea.

When I'm able to actually know what I'm doing with the hacks, I'll try to see if I can host a tourney sometime. :3

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
pretty good proportions there terra, i like that model... but yes, you have a lot of mesh to spare, more mesh in general would be welcome to smooth some areas and adding some more detail, by your post I got the feeling that you already finished it, but i could be wrong.

you could try working more on it, but as i said, "so far, so good".

and don't worry, i don't mind :)

... I finally spent almost all the day yesterday looking at the brawl models in 3d max.. it was confusing at first, but inspirational, but i didn't manage to do as much as i would hoped... still here a screenie:

why so serious?

yeah.. I really hope to see the day when the more polished characters simply couldn't be distinguished from the original characters... right now isn't posible... but when the model importer is ready we probaly will have something similar to melee clones. for total original characters that don't use the base character space, there still a lot to do i guess.

and DDragoon, it's posible to do a size hack, so lucario can be near the size of ganondorf? doing it would change a lot the gameplay and would feel more mewtwo like.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

TerraScythe

Smash Rookie
Model

That head looks wicked Svart!

For my model, I was going to leave it... but I'll probably come back to it and fix what everyone suggested. Thanks for all the feedback :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom