• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so, I've been working with wha we got to get PSAM2 a chaingrab. Here is what I've come up with.

Method One
1)Set up a grab with Confusion
2)Grab, then DThrow
3a)DTilt to stun and bring opponent down to the ground, then grab again
3b)Grab as they are still stunned and falling
4)DThrow again
5) Repeat 3a or 3b as possible

Method Two
1)Do everything in Method One, but replace DTilt with/add in the first hit of a jab. So, go DThrow-> DTilt-> Jab-> Repeat, or DThrow-> Jab -> Grab-> Repeat

Method Three
Now, this one's the one where I see the most hope and possibility.

1) Start SBC, then immediately cancel into a grab
2) DThrow, then, while the opponent is in the air, start another SBC
3) Make sure they get hit by the EDGES of he charge hitbox, hen immediately cancel into a grab
4) Repeat until you hit them with a fully charged SB

So basically it's SBCC-> opponent gets hit by edge of charge -> grab(these happen in one step, don't pause) -> Dthrow -> SBCC -> opponent gets hit by edge of charge WHILE STILL IN THE AIR -> grab -> DThrow -> Repeat until death by FCSB

What happens here is that the very edges of the SBCC have a sort of suck-down+stun effect. So, the opponent is sucked down, and is stunned enough for you to get another grab in. I recommend we work on this if possible, by giving the charge a slightly bigger itbox, a more definitive "suck'n'stun" effect, and assign it to Mewtwo's body. I mean, if that part of it is editable.

Important notes:
-Be careful not to SBCC into a shield, as this messes the whole thing up.
-This was tested in B+.
-This waas tested starting at 0%, and, if done correctly, wen't up to 30%
-SB: Shadow Ball
-SBCC: Shadow Ball Charge Cancel, the act of inerrupting Shadow Ball's charge with any Z-type or L/R-type action(i.e roll, shield, grab)

If anyone has a capture card, please tell me so we can get a vid up.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
****... my reading comprehension must had started getting lazy, since i readed vile's posts again and just saw that he said he had a mewtwo model...

now i feel that my post sounded a little like a **** :/ well, anyways wasn't the idea... yeah, post your model too please and if it rigs better than mine to lucarios skeleton (probably it will) lets use it.
i'm still going to give mine a different bone structure hoping that in the future someone manages to understand brawls code to the level than swapping skeletons with different animations sets is posible.

please ignore the previous post since i writed it under the influence of green little dwarves that makes me see things XD

ane yes, i know that lucario have a tail, but isn't exactly very functional. mewtwo on the other hand have 40% of his moveset based in his tail :3

edit: lol at the auto censorhip... i can undrstand that di** was a bad word... but why censor "D.amn"? ._.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
****... my reading comprehension must had started getting lazy, since i readed vile's posts again and just saw that he said he had a mewtwo model...

now i feel that my post sounded a little like a **** :/ well, anyways wasn't the idea... yeah, post your model too please and if it rigs better than mine to lucarios skeleton (probably it will) lets use it.
i'm still going to give mine a different bone structure hoping that in the future someone manages to understand brawls code to the level than swapping skeletons with different animations sets is posible.

please ignore the previous post since i writed it under the influence of green little dwarves that makes me see things XD

ane yes, i know that lucario have a tail, but isn't exactly very functional. mewtwo on the other hand have 40% of his moveset based in his tail :3

edit: lol at the auto censorhip... i can undrstand that di** was a bad word... but why censor "D.amn"? ._.
xD Yea, no worries.

I was in the process of making one myself, but mine is just terrible and I had no qualms about formatting my harddrive while it was on there this weekend.

So yea, post them as they finish and we'll see how they rig.
-DD

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
What, no feedback on ol' Turds' chaingrab thoughts? D:
i dislike the new downthrow for this reason. And if you go vs fast fallers, all you have to do is up throw -> regrab, repeat until %'s get higher, and do the same for down throw. Ridiculous :p.

Personally what i do like is shadowclaw(s) -> grab even though it is hard to get off, or up throw -> shadowclaw -> DJC nuetral A -> grab which works early on, i get the most satisfaction from things like that

mofo_

Smash Ace
? weird glitch... if you charge shadow ball long enough, lucario will reset the 'rising stance' again. probably nothing you can do about it.

and whats up with downb? i dont get it Dx he teleports away from them? whats the point of that. and i when i was playing vbrawl i was able to do chaintripping[?] my friend was playing king DDD and i did jab>dtilt>nair>SBCC>grab>down throw>jab>sideb>dtilt>sideb>jab>sideb>dtilt>sideb>etc...>dsmash>kill...idk if my friend was just being a noob or you should add more lag to confusion.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i dislike the new downthrow for this reason. And if you go vs fast fallers, all you have to do is up throw -> regrab, repeat until %'s get higher, and do the same for down throw. Ridiculous :p.

Personally what i do like is shadowclaw(s) -> grab even though it is hard to get off, or up throw -> shadowclaw -> DJC nuetral A -> grab which works early on, i get the most satisfaction from things like that
>_> Its not a new downthrow, its the same throw. Maybe I'll just apply some increased DI or something to it, but still...DI should be enough to avoid ******** chaingrabs.

It resets to the rising stance because I used a frame speed mod to SLOWWWWWWW it way down when it reaches the holding stance, and I don't expect people to hold it so long.

ALSO:
DownB = DISABLE
SideB = CONFUSION

>_> Get them straight, or just say the button command, so I know what you're talking about.

Mewtwo is balanced to Brawl+, so I don't doubt some ******** things will show up in Brawl...but I'm sure your friend could have AirDodged...especially in vBrawl...

-DD

Oh yeah, the SBCCCG failed. It can easily be escaped. >__>
But I'm doing some more testing, and it seems DThrow->Nair can be a techchase AND a chaingrab. Since the last two sparks of Nair seem to have a tendency to boost opponents down, I applied that to this. So you go
(Confusion[to set up a grab, completelly optional])->Grab->Dthrow->Nair->When you're nearing the end of Nair, fastfall. This should keep your opponent stunned in the air long enough for you to land with enough time for another grab->Grab->DThrow->Nair.......
I did this really sexy techchase on a Bowser up to like 158%, and then went Confusion to DSmash kill. I jizzed. :3

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
sorry dark dragoon but i have been very busy thsi las weeks T.T.
still today i managed to get some free time, so i started doing the model. i'm finshed for today so let's call it day 1. i will post some captures since the proportions are kinda bugging me off, specially on the waist.

i will gladly appreciate any commentary, idea or suggestion regarding proportions.
the hands, the face and more detail will be coming other days :)

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/SvartWolf/?action=view&current=mewtwoday1.jpg

oh and once the model is finisahed i will do the uvw unwrap.. but i'm not that good with textures. someone here is capable of painting a texture from scratch?
Wow! That is a really nice model! The only critique I would give you so far, is that Mewtwo seems too skinny at the moment. Mewtwo had a lot more thickness in the thighs and in the base of the tail. Or is the model suppose to look like that, and the texture/skin will add more depth to it? I'm not sure so I guess it doesn't really matter. That's just my two cents, but great job so far!

Lux Magnus

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm having problems getting "Mewtwo" to work. Well, I'm having problems getting all PSA characters to work, mainly Mewtwo, Roy and Geno. The textures work fine, and I have the .PAC files in the same folder, same name as the texture, but when I start up Brawl+, only the texture is changed, no moveset changes. Can someone help please? I have the Brawl+ 5.0 with the default .GCT file at the moment, if that has any bearing on it.

Nope. You see, PSAs and textures are stored in different parts of the disc under different file types. Textures are .pcs, while PSAs are .pac.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. It replaces the moveset for all Lucario costumes. So no Lucario vs. Mewtwo.

Same with all PSA characters.

EDIT: But it won't affect which textures are which.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
hey DD, are you using the same DJC code as they are using for yoshi now? For me, that one felt a lot better and i was able to DJC as low as i wanted to. I hear they use it for ness too

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Aw, do you think the hackers will ever figure out how to change that?
This question gets asked about sixty-seven times a week. Hell, a good tenth of this thread is probably questions in regards to a possible clone engine.

The answer is always the same: Possibly, probably, but not for a while from now because there are more important things to work on when it comes to Brawl+. The focus of Brawl+ is making Brawl good and competitive, not adding new characters.

---

I'd also really like to know what you're going to do with the DJC. Mewtwo feels pretty swank right now, and is one of, like, three PSA characters currently who feel like their moves actually flow.

Lux Magnus

Smash Rookie
My bad about the cloning question, apparently I don't lurk enough. I was playing around with the latest beta and i have a few questions about it.

1) When I use UAir at the peak of my jump, I go into a fastfall speed drop while the animation happens, then go back to a regular drop speed after it ends. Is this intentional? I get the same problem with Fair after a second jump.

2) A little nitpicking, but the F-Tilt animation seems a little choppy at the end. Is there a way to smooth it out?

3) Where and when exactly are DAir's hitboxes? Whole body, feet only, beginning of spin, after etc?

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Down B/Disable appears to have reverted back to Lucario's attack, but with Mewtwo's animation. If M2 gets hit while using it, he uses the counter move instead. It also doesn't do any scrambling of the mind.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Down B/Disable appears to have reverted back to Lucario's attack, but with Mewtwo's animation. If M2 gets hit while using it, he uses the counter move instead. It also doesn't do any scrambling of the mind.
It's a Counter type move, yes, but it doesn't counterattack. On the ground he teleports behind and trips, in the air I think he turns you around like Mario's Cape (I think, anyway. I forget the aerial effect).

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
That's his side B >_>
Oh. ****.

My bad. In that case, it sounds like you somehow got a faulty .pac. Hold on. Imma check mine and see if it does the same thing.

EDIT:
Symphonic, can't you just assume that I didn't know what it was called, maybe I don't know the names of many AT's.
He wasn't being a smartass about it; he even told you what it was. Most people here know the different ATs, so it's a relatively safe assumption that if you mention an AT on these boards, people know what you're talking about.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
It (the psa) replaces the moveset for all Lucario costumes. So no Lucario vs. Mewtwo.

Same with all PSA characters.
the people said on the download for 5.0 that they really like this version and it is very close to going gold, so they might be closer to doing special things like clone engins than you may think. but that said idk what else they need to do after B+ goes gold that is above clone engins.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hey DD, are you using the same DJC code as they are using for yoshi now? For me, that one felt a lot better and i was able to DJC as low as i wanted to. I hear they use it for ness too
I'd also really like to know what you're going to do with the DJC. Mewtwo feels pretty swank right now, and is one of, like, three PSA characters currently who feel like their moves actually flow.
Well, unless they changed Camelot's DJC code[haven't checked yet, busy making 40 something sprites for my game design class], then I'm already using it. From what I'm hearing though, it seems like it has been changed, so I'll make adjustments and release probably on Wednesday.

1) When I use UAir at the peak of my jump, I go into a fastfall speed drop while the animation happens, then go back to a regular drop speed after it ends. Is this intentional? I get the same problem with Fair after a second jump.

2) A little nitpicking, but the F-Tilt animation seems a little choppy at the end. Is there a way to smooth it out?

3) Where and when exactly are DAir's hitboxes? Whole body, feet only, beginning of spin, after etc?
1) Probably a DJC issue.
2) The animation looks choppy because I sped it up really fast. I'll try speeding it up more and see what happens.
3) The hitboxes are around his feet. The spike happens at the tip of his feet at the beginning of the spin, and shortly after it starts the spike doesn't exist, and the hitbox that sends them away from you begins.

-DD

FTilt has absurd IASA. O_____O

Also, lol at all the n00bs coming in here asing qustions that have already been answered. Lurk moar.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
FTilt has absurd IASA. O_____O

Also, lol at all the n00bs coming in here asing qustions that have already been answered. Lurk moar.
Its not really IASA...its just I sped the animation up so it looks like he is only slapping his tail forward.

xD Its only good for spacing, unless you hit with the tip which actually sends people somewhere.

-DD

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
haha, playing with mewtwo is fun, for me, its just, combos, combos, combos. hehehee, great stuff.

i wonder what's next.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, because even when the visual effect still isn't near done, you can initiate another FTilt.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmmm, I'm not so sure, because even when the visual effect still isn't near done, you can initiate another FTilt.
Well, I'll look at whats actually in the pac...but the move is like, x40 normal speed after the hitbox...so yea.

And my next project is almost definitely going to be Umbreon, unless someone gives me a better idea.

-DD

mofo_

Smash Ace
Well, I'll look at whats actually in the pac...but the move is like, x40 normal speed after the hitbox...so yea.

And my next project is almost definitely going to be Umbreon, unless someone gives me a better idea.

-DD
who are you gonna put umbreon on? someone should do a well-balanced PSA on a character that noone did yet or has any good PSA's. did someone do a dark samus?

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
who are you gonna put umbreon on? someone should do a well-balanced PSA on a character that noone did yet or has any good PSA's. did someone do a dark samus?
Yeah, I think someone on Kitty Korp/Miaow Mix made one... Would Umbreon replace Pikachu or Lucario?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/SvartWolf/?action=view&current=mewtwoday2.jpg

yaaaay, update! at first glance i t doen't look incredibly different from day 1, but i've added some details to the chest zone, the hands, and added more mesh on the joints and in general, now i need to do the face, finish adding mesh to the legs, rework the tail and see if i have spare mesh to smooth more the chest area.

I'm aiming to 3000-3750 max polygons (this polygons are quads, so it would be the double on triangles)

i also have done a little proportion test regarding the legs (now they are a little longer) but i'm still judging if it looks fine...

oh, and dark dragoon, since the time of brawl being released i made a moveset for fun of a second pokemon trainer with:
cubone: damage racking and zoning
houndoom: speed and k.o. power
gengar: tricks and powerhouse.

maybe houndoom could be replaced by umbreon (thought houndoom it's my fav pokemon T.T) or not, but i think that more misc pokemon should come on groups of three :p. maybe you could team umbreon, even if it will be undobtley harder to do, oi think taht the results will be more rewarding :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, I think someone on Kitty Korp/Miaow Mix made one... Would Umbreon replace Pikachu or Lucario?
Pikachu.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/SvartWolf/?action=view&current=mewtwoday2.jpg

yaaaay, update! at first glance i t doen't look incredibly different from day 1, but i've added some details to the chest zone, the hands, and added more mesh on the joints and in general, now i need to do the face, finish adding mesh to the legs, rework the tail and see if i have spare mesh to smooth more the chest area.

I'm aiming to 3000-3750 max polygons (this polygons are quads, so it would be the double on triangles)

i also have done a little proportion test regarding the legs (now they are a little longer) but i'm still judging if it looks fine...

oh, and dark dragoon, since the time of brawl being released i made a moveset for fun of a second pokemon trainer with:
cubone: damage racking and zoning
houndoom: speed and k.o. power
gengar: tricks and powerhouse.

maybe houndoom could be replaced by umbreon (thought houndoom it's my fav pokemon T.T) or not, but i think that more misc pokemon should come on groups of three :p. maybe you could team umbreon, even if it will be undobtley harder to do, oi think taht the results will be more rewarding :)
1) awesome work, but the fingers on his hands are too long...if you look at how he was in the first movie, it was basically little stubs with balls on them for hands/fingers. And you still need to fatten some other parts, but still awesome.

2) We can't edit PT, otherwise I WOULD be using him for some sort of team similar to that.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom