• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Melbourne - May 22nd 2015 - Ft. Mango, Chillindude, Lucky, and more! RESULTS FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
This crew battle could happen on a secondary stream.
I don't know what kinda internet we'll be having but if a secondary stream is possible I'll be looking into that.

7v7 sounds better than 9v9 and you should put Moxie on.
I don't know why there is bias against Melee players if they are still big on PM.
Naga hasn't really done anything to get himself a position on the crew. Moxie is a god.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
This crew battle could happen on a secondary stream.
I don't know what kinda internet we'll be having but if a secondary stream is possible I'll be looking into that.

7v7 sounds better than 9v9 and you should put Moxie on.
I don't know why there is bias against Melee players if they are still big on PM.
Naga hasn't really done anything to get himself a position on the crew. Moxie is a god.

I dunno much about Naga, but he's a good friend of Fudge, and Fudge is a great player. I think he should be there.

S.D

Smash Master
Moxie is melee though really isn't he?
The fact he's a PM fox main says it all doesn't it?
Sitll a great player, but I thought this was one for the PM diehards - would be fun to see him in a crew tho.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
and full circle as to why the specific people were chosen

good work guys you figured out why you did what you did in the first place

next up where does food go once you eat it?

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I thought it was VIC's B-team, in which case Moxie is not eligible as a top 5 or so ranker.
Same would be for Jamie though so I dunno.
I think I lost interest in this battle lol

Splice

Smash Hero
and full circle as to why the specific people were chosen

good work guys you figured out why you did what you did in the first place

next up where does food go once you eat it?
it comes out the other end as one of your posts.

anyway
I feel that with BAM being a big event for everyone to be a part of, it's not up to any one person to say "this is what the crew is for and this is who is on it"
If players care about the game and are good enough to be eligible, then it's unfair to dog someone because they also care about another game. I'm good at PM, but I don't take pride in it, so of course I'm not on the crew. But there are other players who are in VIC's top players that have still earned attention through PM and they should be offered the position if they are passionate about the game/rep/crew.
The exclusivity implied between Melee and PM here is ******** and shouldn't actually be a factor. If you have pride in your PM game then why are you being denied the right to rep your state because you take pride in something else too?

The top 7 players that put their hand up saying "I want this opportunity" deserve it.
If we had time to run many more crews it'd be a slightly different story.
Of course we'll end up with mostly the same players anyway but it's more fair to the community rather than something that's been conspired. It's not really a big deal but there should've been discussion before Star just went and posted an image; for future reference not actually a good idea.

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
if it's in the morning like at 9am, people are most likely still tired, people may not arrive in time for it and that wouldn't be very hype etc...
The NSW team should be there by then (6 am flights for some of us >_>), and it might be best to have something not so important (but still hype) at the beginning.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
WA is apparently bringing around 25 people, so they should be in for a crew battle. Assuming that they do participate, exact number of people per crew should be re-evaluated (time constraints), though I'd say minimum of 5 (4 is just too less imo).

WA hype?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
It's not really a big deal but there should've been discussion before Star just went and posted an image; for future reference not actually a good idea.
Just for your information, NSW was fully organised and our crew was discussed as a group and formulated before I posted the image at all. I had no say as to Victoria's members or anything of the sort and was told that it was finalised.

The exclusivity implied between Melee and PM here is ******** and shouldn't actually be a factor. If you have pride in your PM game then why are you being denied the right to rep your state because you take pride in something else too?
This isn't true in the case of NSW. Cunchy, Joe and Seb on our team are primarily Melee players but we they are on our team because they are passionate about PM as well.

Obviously the core of this issue was the lack of contact to Melbourne players regarding their interest in the crew. There were many players left out due to mistakes in that regard and its unfortunate that there had to be cuts in order to make this 7v7 line now. Either way I hope everyone is excited to watch this regardless of the players. I sure am! :)

Last edited:

Tyler_

Smash Rookie
Lack of contact was essentially all my b, but right now, I plan to try and fix it. The Vic crew essentially has two options at this point. Either stick with the current lineup, or rework it from the ground up. The second option's most likely outcome would probably land us with about the same crew we have now, except swapping out Naga, Fudge, Max for Hughie, Moxie, and Jei, or at least something along those lines. That makes it have less members that main-game PM, but have more people on it that would give us a fighting chance that also at least enjoy PM that would be (hopefully) happy to represent the state. Obvious issues stand in both places, having a team that some people would consider "sub-optimal" if the current lineup stayed, but having to kick people out in a kind of dickish way to rework it. Either way, trying to organise the lineup practically myself was a stupid and practically narcasistic mistake, so I'm sorry for the problems that come with this. I'll try and talk to some people depending on what people want with this, so I'm leaving it out in the open right now.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dekar here, shoutouts to flog

splice's post was beautiful
tyler there is no need to apologise for anything, people just wanted different things
some people what want u want, A (the ppl who care most about the game state v state), and some people want B (if its state vs state best players only)
i was all on board for A myself, but knew B had a point
then splice comes in and fixes everyone's problems
he says, in billy 4:23 "we do B but we do it thiiiis way" which is a smart twist
this way the lineup of A still plays, but any necessary fixes are automatically taken care of

congratulations billy on a brilliant point, emo crew reppin (while also dissin fellow emo crew at start of amazing post, well done!)

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
dekar here, shoutouts to flog

splice's post was beautiful
tyler there is no need to apologise for anything, people just wanted different things
some people what want u want, A (the ppl who care most about the game state v state), and some people want B (if its state vs state best players only)
i was all on board for A myself, but knew B had a point
then splice comes in and fixes everyone's problems
he says, in billy 4:23 "we do B but we do it thiiiis way" which is a smart twist
this way the lineup of A still plays, but any necessary fixes are automatically taken care of

congratulations billy on a brilliant point, emo crew reppin (while also dissin fellow emo crew at start of amazing post, well done!)
quote on quote "Trust Dekar to provide brilliant, thoughtful and beautiful ideas." -SurPr15e

Splice

Smash Hero
inb4 fudge beats all of NSW and renders the rest of the lineup redundant.
Add Bu$ as a sub in case Fudge leaves 1 or 2 stocks.
someones gotta get him off WoW though
he's squandering his smash dominance

Meredy

The Busterina
@ MGK MGK You up for a moneymatch? I remember us playing a set a while ago and it was crazy close, I'd love a rematch. $10?
@JKTS Our MM still happening?

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
@ Meredy Meredy Sure, I'm up for it. :)

MGK has recently proved he has what it takes, getting top 8 and beating Dreadtech
I know I'm a bit late on this but I have come 7th 3 times and 5th once, so I have shown I have the skill to be on the team more then once. :)

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
@ MGK MGK Legend of Zelda MM? LoZ stages only (Hyrule Castle, Skyloft and maybe Hyrule Temple), LoZ characters only. Bo5, $5.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
@ luxingo luxingo Sure thing, going to be amazing with those stages. ZELDA HYPE! And I agree, Hyrule Temple is a big maybe. :p

That's 5 MM's for me now. Just double checking I got all these right.

@ luxingo luxingo - Bo5 5$ - PM
@ Meredy Meredy - Bo5? 10$ - PM
Star - Bo5 - 15$ - PM
@ Tyler_ Tyler_ - Bo3? - 10$ - Melee
@ Hughie Hughie - Don't think we have decided on this, so how you feel about Bo5, 10$? :)

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
@ luxingo luxingo Sure thing, going to be amazing with those stages. ZELDA HYPE! And I agree, Hyrule Temple is a big maybe. :p

That's 5 MM's for me now. Just double checking I got all these right.

@ luxingo luxingo - Bo5 5$ - PM
@ Meredy Meredy - Bo5? 10$ - PM
Star - Bo5 - 15$ - PM
@ Tyler_ Tyler_ - Bo3? - 10$ - Melee
@ Hughie Hughie - Don't think we have decided on this, so how you feel about Bo5, 10$? :)
Man, my name is impossible to tag :p

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
@ DD_ DD_ I forgot when we were doing the Street Fighter thing.. but i'm probs gonna be super rusty and bad- AND i wanna try git gud at smash XD

Could we leave it for something less huge like this, and plan to do it at a Monthly?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom