• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Toon link has been blended into Young Link to very positive reviews so far.

Olimar has been pretty untouched from B+ as of yet; feel free to make suggestions.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I can't imagine what to do to Olimar other than the obvious changes(wavedash, ect). I guess sometings gotta be done to his recovery, I mean, it already sucks in the semi-floaty olimar version of B+, I can't imagine it in Melee physics

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
When did she win??? Lets see you have CJ, Amsah, and, ahhhhhh, KDJ, and, >_> ???
At 1 point The best Player in the world was a Sheik. Alot of shieks placed top 10 and won...however Ken came...Forward came....it went down hill FAST for shiek. However she for a time did auto-combo **** tourney's. However that was during the Pre-Ken era.

To answer your question.

Tournament Go 3 (August 24th, 2002)

1st place: Recipherus (Sheik)
2nd place: Adam (Luigi)
3rd place: Vien (Dr. Mario)
4th place: Sam (Falco, Sheik)
5th place (tie): Matt Deezie (Fox, Mario)
5th place (tie): Justin Junio (Falco)
7th place (tie): J.R. Castillo (Fox)
7th place (tie): Scamp (Fox, Sheik, Peach)

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
You didn't even need to egg toss. Yoshi was the only character in Melee that could instantly snap the ledge from a full run, thanks to his unique double jump which could change his direction and snap at the beginning.
Good point, forgot about that. :p

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
im very skeptic about this project...we already have brawl+...do we really need to make it 100% like melee?...if this project succeeds ...brawl+ will be overshadowed!..that means no one will care about brawl+ anymore

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Brawl+ will still be EZ Mode melee, and so people will still have fun with it.

Though if this even rivals B+'s popularity, I'll consider it a big success.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Even though this project started out with B+ as a base they are rapidly becoming more divergent than many of you may realize. They can co-exist just fine, end of story. No need for fear-mongering.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
At 1 point The best Player in the world was a Sheik. Alot of shieks placed top 10 and won...however Ken came...Forward came....it went down hill FAST for shiek. However she for a time did auto-combo **** tourney's. However that was during the Pre-Ken era.

To answer your question.

Tournament Go 3 (August 24th, 2002)

1st place: Recipherus (Sheik)
2nd place: Adam (Luigi)
3rd place: Vien (Dr. Mario)
4th place: Sam (Falco, Sheik)
5th place (tie): Matt Deezie (Fox, Mario)
5th place (tie): Justin Junio (Falco)
7th place (tie): J.R. Castillo (Fox)
7th place (tie): Scamp (Fox, Sheik, Peach)
Just one thing, Recipherus didn't get taken out by Ken and Forward, he got taken out by a Jiggs player. I can't remember his name. -_-

Oh yeah, LUIGI. LOL

edit: I can't ****ing find it!!!!!!!1111!!1!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
im very skeptic about this project...we already have brawl+...do we really need to make it 100% like melee?...if this project succeeds ...brawl+ will be overshadowed!..that means no one will care about brawl+ anymore
No worries. I already don't care about Brawl+.

Just one thing, Recipherus didn't get taken out by Ken and Forward, he got taken out by a Jiggs player. I can't remember his name. -_-

Oh yeah, LUIGI. LOL

edit: I can't ****ing find it!!!!!!!1111!!1!
uh...Luigi was pretty good back in the day. ONCE wavedashing came out it was hard for people then to figure out what the hell he was doing and learn the match up. That Considering good Luigi's can combo any character and Luigi is 1 of the hardest characters to combo...That isn't surprising.

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
hmmm i guess we will just have to see what happens...will Project M be the Real competitive code....from the looks of it...Project M is winning..cause i dont see a reason to have brawl+ if Project M has Brawl+ and more

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
uh...Luigi was pretty good back in the day. ONCE wavedashing came out it was hard for people then to figure out what the hell he was doing and learn the match up. That Considering good Luigi's can combo any character and Luigi is 1 of the hardest characters to combo...That isn't surprising.
I know this, I'm not a scrub, and you know that. >_>

I just like seeing Luigi place high.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Project:M isn't intent for competitive play. It's something that Melee fans can enjoy that feels refreshed but ultimately doesn't take away from their game. Not sure about the latter part, but I've at least read and heard several times that this isn't meant for competitive play.

Luigi and his absurd WDing is hilarious and beastly in Melee (and that one video with Armada's Luigi on that Falco's awful DI was lol-worthy) and with P:M, he'll have a decent recovery, better options, etc.
He's going to be a blast to play in P:M.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This is going to be play competitively, I'm pretty sure about that.

Tiajuan, I can't find the Jiggs beating the Sheik, I think I'm thinking of a different old school, dominant Sheik anyways.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, what I meant is that this won't be hosted as a side tournament or thing at a major tournament. I might be wrong about that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If it wasn't aiming to be competitive then why would we base it off of Melee? Did you ever think about what you were posting lol?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We're not out to take over / replace any existing game.

With that said, you'd better believe this is going to be some finely-tuned adreneline-fueled competitive gameplay by the time we've polished it to release status.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

This is going to be play competitively, I'm pretty sure about that.

Tiajuan, I can't find the Jiggs beating the Sheik, I think I'm thinking of a different old school, dominant Sheik anyways.
I see I misunderstood the post at first....Also how/why/where exactly do I know you from?

We gotta hype it up like crazy once the next trailer comes out. :D
I agree 100000000%

Anth0ny

Smash Master
You better believe this is going to be played competitively... I'll bring it to every Smashfest/tourney I go to if it's done right (which, by the looks of it, it will be :) )

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You don't know me, I just like your YT name better. xD
LAWL Oh ok.

You better believe this is going to be played competitively... I'll bring it to every Smashfest/tourney I go to if it's done right (which, by the looks of it, it will be :) )
basically people will go from saying "Just play melee" to "Just play project Melee" If this is done right.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
If it wasn't aiming to be competitive then why would we base it off of Melee? Did you ever think about what you were posting lol?
We're not out to take over / replace any existing game.

With that said, you'd better believe this is going to be some finely-tuned adreneline-fueled competitive gameplay by the time we've polished it to release status.
These. Anything based off of Melee can't help but be competitive. If it weren't meant to be there wouldn't be any talk of balancing either.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Project:M isn't intent for competitive play. It's something that Melee fans can enjoy that feels refreshed but ultimately doesn't take away from their game. Not sure about the latter part, but I've at least read and heard several times that this isn't meant for competitive play.
If Brawl+ was meant to be competitive, then Project M definitely will too, with more gameplay features and more Melee-like physics.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
It's 5:30AM and I am just going to bed. WTF. Been doing lots of painting for P:M and various other WBR things. Someday (when P:M comes out) you guys will witness my work first hand. :D

also... This game is being designed first and formost for the competitve scene. Why on earth would Melee be the base if this wasn't the case? Lawl.

P.s. Thanks windowl for the rigorous critiquing! No seriously, critiquing is how we learn from our mistakes-- how we better ourselves. I have a new version to show you, it's a ton sharper and yet more simple. It has a way to go, I'm sure, but I'm glad it has progressed as much as it has as quickly as it has. I'll show you later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom