• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
The trailer looks more Brawl-like than Melee-like. Still, even if it's slower/floaty, there's a LOT of other reasons to hate Brawl. Cautious optimism is my game plan.

Oh, except all the stages other than the new Battlefield looked like complete bull.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Sorry, PM guys. Maining Villager.

Villager approves.

It's also worth not in that I hear Sakurai is supposed to be at E3 later, so we might get some basic details on the game and how it plays. on that note, has anyone actually went to one of the Best Buys to see what the games are?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
No different than Mr. Game & Watch being in Melee. He didn't even have a name until he was in Smash either.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Villager is hype, Megaman is hype, and wii-fit girl is stupid as hell. Especially when you consider that they are definitely not going to take all the characters from Brawl and she's probably replacing Lucas or something.

Also, so, so, so, so many walk-offs. At least it looks a bit faster then Brawl? Hopefully the PMBR when they're done with Brawl can maybe work on this one if it turns out sucky.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Villager is hype, Megaman is hype, and wii-fit girl is stupid as hell. Especially when you consider that they are definitely not going to take all the characters from Brawl and she's probably replacing Lucas or something.

Also, so, so, so, so many walk-offs. At least it looks a bit faster then Brawl? Hopefully the PMBR when they're done with Brawl can maybe work on this one if it turns out sucky.
She's probably replacing ZSS (and ppl are gonna make a ZSS Wiifit girl texture on brawl vault)
She even has ZSS's down-b http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jnc0qgCPch0#t=102s (there's gameplay footage at the end)

The game is going to turn out "sucky" depending on your tastes. My tastes look like they will absolutely hate it, much more than Brawl. Keep in mind I don't like Smash Flash, and I don't like Sony Allstars: and that's essentially what it's going to be. I'm probably too addicted to Melee game play for my own good, but I want to wavedash, and I'm not going to enjoy Brawl 2.0 because I know everything about feeling in control and slick amazing movement isn't gonna be there.

Bowser does Brawl Air dodge, then right after it Pit does an Diar and Nair aeiral attack and lands during them suffering high landing lag like in Brawl (they didn't implement an auto L-cancel or reduce the lag or what have you)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=76s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jnc0qgCPch0#t=398s pivot grab
I'm sure buffered power shielding like in Brawl is also in it, and possibly the 10 frame buffer (maybe they reduced it to 5 or something): I actually praise Brawl for introducing a buffer into the game, I just wish it was 1 frame and not 10, and had the option to be turned off like in P:M.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=264s Judging from when Mario grabs the edge I think they probably also reduced the ledge invincibility frames by a small amount he used get-up jump which takes away the invinc frames, so you can't tell how long they would have lasted

I think hitstun cancelling is also in this, they might have also reduced ledge grab lengths

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that it will be similar to smash 64 in regard to that it will be kind of floaty like brawl, but with real combos. Also, Juushichi, your avatar and signature are amazing.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
She's probably replacing ZSS (and ppl are gonna make a ZSS Wiifit girl texture on brawl vault)
She even has ZSS's down-b http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jnc0qgCPch0#t=102s (there's gameplay footage at the end)
Is there any legitimate reason for thinking that she'll replace ZSS aside from both of the characters being skinny, tall human females?

I'm sure buffered power shielding like in Brawl is also in it, and possibly the 10 frame buffer (maybe they reduced it to 5 or something)
Ok, now this goes beyond speculation and turns into you projecting your fantasies onto the game with no basis. We know NOTHING about the controls, nobody has felt the game, nothing has been announced or mentioned regarding this, and it's not something that you can visibly see from a gameplay video. There is no reason for you to predict any of this aside from it being a complete guess. I just want to make this clear so you don't mislead people.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
We'll yeah, It's a well estimated guess I would put Leelue pesos betting on. Buffered power shield is something I think they'll keep with all the other brawl mechanics they've proved to have. I also can't tell if this was a PS http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=161s

Iit's not something that you can visibly see from a gameplay video.
You can make a decent guess if the game has buffer from video (you could definetly tell if they specifically abused it, like in Brawl with spot dodge spam), possibly enough from the one minute of gameplay at the end
like look at the dash attack to jab, and the rolling he does after it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jnc0qgCPch0#t=347s
and the d-smash to the double rolling here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jnc0qgCPch0#t=384s
these specific examples don't come close to proving it, but if anymore gameplay comes out with actual players performing the actions I could come closer to determining

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Nair doesn't seem to suffer much endlag but I've seen other places pointed out in other videos where there's substantial landing lag on some moves like Pit's Nair in a 3DS video. I sincerely hope there's not major landing lag. Movement looks faster in general and the two players are at least aggressive enough to demonstrate this too.

The commentator is atrocious but that's another issue

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Oooh Oooh i got it. this smash bros can be called Smash Brothers 4U. "Super Smash Brothers 4 U" its the 4th instalment of the series and its FOR the gamers(maybe). eh. eh. what do you think? :cool:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

match video from the private show floor. thoughts on how it plays?

The trailer was great, I'm a huge Megaman fan, but gonna be honest this video gently reminds of those crappy BrawlVault PSA's the way nothing in the moveset seems to flow together. Maybe that's just because they're beginners, or because it's early footage, or maybe Brawl was like that too but I don't remember because I haven't played it in so long lol

SunJester

Smash Ace
I've had a thought, maybe its running on Brawl's engine because they needed a demo for E3 but the engine wasn't finished yet? Hopefully!?

Also, just putting this out there. Battlefield looks freaking sexy. (actually most of the art direction in this game is awesome)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Does anybody know where we'll be getting news/impressions from M2K once he decides to post something?

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm not sure how many of you guys saw this, but CORY has issued a $200 prize for anyone not from texas who can take 1st at low tier city over Sethlon. Check it out here! The pot for this tournament is looking pretty insane!

metroid1117

Smash Master
@Cincinnatti players: I don't know when or even if I'll be free, but I'm going to be in Cincinnatti on the weekend of the 28th to the 30th; would anyone be willing to meet up?

Kati

Smash Lord
I have managed to get cbliss working with P:M. 2.5b naturally freezes if left at the title screen for too long right?

Kati

Smash Lord
In order to keep my song collection relatively intact, I selectively pruned a portion of the code in order to only apply the extra slots to my preferred characters. Therefore, I can supply either a codeset that has cbliss activated to its fullest effect, or a personalized one. Be mindful of the fact that any character with extra slots needs every single one occupied by both pcs and pac files, which makes set up very time consuming. Even skimming over a portrait for a non-existant file is enough to freeze the game.

likewise, I'm using m22k's modified P:M compatible codes, but he has yet to release his batch of portraits that go along with them, so on top of adding dozens of custom textures/whatever, one has to completely redo their css portraits. So currently, setting a character to red team typically shows their black costume portrait... while their blue team shows a green team costume, all the while selecting the one you actually want. Therefore I would suggest waiting until m22k has given me a fresh common5pac before I share my messy build.

Oracle

Smash Master
It seems like lots of people are focusing on marth not being a low tier rather than the actual content of the video (a massive national with probably the biggest pot in 2.5 history) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom