• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there an unbreakable stick for my friend out there? I didn't think he'd get past a C-stick, and even the now Rubber-less original sticks he's broken the actual plastic sides into spikes lol. Do Ps2 analog sticks fit over the slot fine(Do ya think they'd last as well)? I'm seriously out of options

The slot looks a little differant than the more square pegs the GC uses http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2x-Replaceme...4o/$(KGrHqZ,!n4FD8KdbN(VBRCY4oJiEw~~60_57.JPG

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
All the events work except for Olimar's, who freezes the game. They all feel a bit wonky though.

And yes Shadic, we KNOW they're the Brawl versions.
I gotta say it though. Every time somebody goes "I've played the P:M version of _____! They're just like Brawl but they can wavedash!"

And one goes... ".....Doof."

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Okay, so HyperrCrow recently made a simple (but cool) stage texture over Pokemon Stadium 2 and you can check it out on this thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/welcome-to-poketopia.336090/
It seems to work fine on Dolphin, but apparently two users using the Hackless method on their Wii's reported bugs. If anyone would take the time and quickly test it out on their Wii's to see if it indeed has bugs in it, it would be much appreciated. You can report your findings on the post above. Thanks!

B.W.

Smash Champion
Is someone sure it fits fine? Is there anything I should know when opening a PS2 controller I've only done GCCs
It fits, I've done it. When you push the control stick all the way to the edge it scrapes (for lack of a better word) a little but, but the stick in no way gets stuck.

Taking apart a PS2 controller is fairly easy, though putting it together is slightly harder than with a GCC controller but not much.

The GCC stick does not fit on the PS2 controller though, so I recommend buying a replacement PS2 stick online.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The GCC stick does not fit on the PS2 controller though, so I recommend buying a replacement PS2 stick online.
I'll just buy a Ps2 stick online then, I mean I could buy a GCC Control stick/C-stick too, but I'd rather try a Ps2 stick hoping it'll last longer.
The scraping thing sounds bad, I mean I think I know what you mean but he'll use it so intense that it could like damage the controller's sides lol: I'll hope for the best. You think I should buy the Ps2 stick off ebay or is there a better site?

Do Grab releases have any use in P:M, or is it more just like Melee than Brawl: and there's no absolutely no abusive things you can do with them?

And what about Fox trotting? Are there any characters in P:M that now have a faster than running Fox trot, because in Brawl I believe most if not all did not have a faster than running Fox trot.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Not sure, I got mine from a controller that no longer worked. the scraping isn't that bad. I don't think anything will get damaged from using the PS2 stick.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Nope. Can someone ban him from making threads?
Is that even possible? Shadic already asked him to stop anyways, that should be enough.
Also does anyone else have issues posting here? I'm thinking it's due to how big this thread is, or the internet I'm using just sucks.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Is that even possible? Shadic already asked him to stop anyways, that should be enough.
Also does anyone else have issues posting here? I'm thinking it's due to how big this thread is, or the internet I'm using just sucks.
Yeah, same. When I click the post reply button, it doesn't work 50% of the time and I have to refresh my browser and wait 30 seconds before I can post again.

Oracle

Smash Master
rob ness gw pit etc basically we're not all losers who play melee chars (cept sethlon but its ok hes the only good pm marth anyways lolol)

Oracle

Smash Master
Its a running joke in dfw that we play low tiers because for a long time, the tier list thread was filled with posts about how the characters we player were unviable haha

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, same. When I click the post reply button, it doesn't work 50% of the time and I have to refresh my browser and wait 30 seconds before I can post again.
I don't have that problem, but my edit button (where it pops up on the same screen) doesn't work when I click it. The edit box pops up but nothing ever appears in it. I have to open the edit page in a new tab, where it goes to the normal full screen editor and works fine.

Edit: Ok, that must be a new problem, because waiting for THIS post to go through, I got the problem that you described -__- I had to copy my post and refresh the page to post it again.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Are luigi and Zelda considered low tier?
That seems to be the general consensus. Luigi doesn't seem to get much research from the players, but he does seem plain worse than a chunk of characters at a glance. Not sure about Zelda though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It depends on what you want to call low tier. I think most people right now would be inclined to make a MASSIVE mid tier grouping, or call some of low tier "bottom mid" tier.

Zelda is too obnoxious to be low tier.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Zelda and Luigi are good characters, just not as good when you compare them to the rest of the cast.

That's kinda how low tiers are going to be in this game.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I doesn't help that Zelda's design is absurdly offputting.

On the topic of offputting designs, I went back in and looked at this, colour-coded for the kind of change and the degree of intensity some individual changes can make.

[collapse=Sonic Change List]
-Sonic gets more horizontal momentum from grounded Jumps
-Sonic's aerial mobility is slightly lower
-Sonic's Jump startup is slightly faster
-C-Stick up while shielding now correctly jumps instead of Up Smashing
-Sonic's Forward Tilt is now one hit, has less endlag, and much more knockback growth
-Sonic's Up Tilt has a new animation
-Sonic's Down Tilt moves forward and back, and the hitboxes and animation were adjusted
-Sonic's Down Tilt sends foes up and behind him
-Sonic's Forward Smash hit duration extended and has a weak hit added during that time
-Sonic's Up Smash is two hits instead of many multi-hits, and the knockback on the last hit is stronger
-Sonic's Neutral Air is slightly faster, stronger, and has larger hitboxes
-Sonic's Forward Air has slightly faster startup with endlag and knockback adjusted
-Sonic's Back Air adjusted in knockback, and is stronger at lower %s
-Sonic's Up Air 2nd hit comes out slightly faster, sweetspot does a little more damage, and knockback slightly adjusted
-Sonic's Up Air autocancels much earlier and IASA is a bit earlier
-Sonic's Down Air initial hitbox spikes on both grounded and airborne opponents
-Sonic's Down Air no longer has disabled air mobility, and can be fastfalled to change the dive speed
-Sonic's Neutral B on-hit cancel is removed
-Sonic's Neutral B can be shortened by pressing Attack before he homes-in, this is called Blast Attack
-Sonic's Neutral B IASA is earlier
-Sonic's Neutral B hit animation is now reversible
-Sonic's Side B can no longer be jump canceled immediately, and the invincibility is completely gone
-Sonic's Side B initial hitbox sends outward, and halfway through aerial Side B it will send upwards
-Sonic's Side B can only be used once per recovery, he must land on the stage or grab the edge to regain Side B usage in the air
-Sonic's grounded Side B goes into a multi-hit somersault instead of a spindash
-Sonic's grounded Side B somersault is jump cancelable, and if you press Attack Sonic will perform a slide kick
-Sonic's grounded Side B somersault and slide kick are both edge cancelable
-Sonic's aerial Side B can grab ledges
-Sonic's Down B releases into spindash sooner
-Sonic's Down B can be B-reversed
-Sonic's Down B startup is faster[/collapse]

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Guys, I signed up for a Calculus class over the Summer just to stall time until 3.0 comes out over a month ago. Now that my class is almost finished, there's still no new update. Looks like I'll have to sign up for another Summer class to stall time... maybe physics

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I have a question: What is auto-canceling? Because I've heard people throw around the term of some characters being able to auto-cancel their aerials. Is this just an automatic L-cancel for some moves for some characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom