• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Huh. I never knew that.
Yeah, its been known for a while, and it completely ****s up Ganon. If Ganon could auto cancel fair, hed probably be better than Zelda/Link/Jiggs. Doesnt affect DK too much though because DK has bair.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
alright seriously, does anyone have their posts getting eaten? i just tried to post 4 times and its not going through

EDIT: Finally it goes through goddammit

ANYWAYS, i was trying to say, my friends and i are hosting a fest (its primarily melee, but we're having pm there) and there might be a stream for it. We're gonna have PM on stream instead of melee, cuz everyone down here sucks at melee and gimpy's tourney is going on today too, so in case we do stream, ill post the link here in case anyone wants to watch

SunJester

Smash Ace
Its a shame he feels that way. If i want to play even Project M with people who aren't good at Smash, I just crank up the items and go to a big stage like Hyrule Castle, most people have fun doing that. I think he is right about fighting games like Mahvel and Street Fighter being really hard to get into due to the high level of play needed to compete with other players. I get that, but at the same time I've found all three iterations of smash to be extremely easy for anyone to pick up and play.

Video games shouldn't have to make up for you being a ****. If you're not taking it easy on your new friend don't be surprised if they don't like repeatedly getting their ass kicked. God forbid you might show them the ropes or something :/.

Regardless Project M is the Smash game I've always wanted <3

D

Deleted member

I don't know why everybody feels the need to jump down his throat though. What he's saying isn't negative, and he isn't taking a side in this silly argument. I believe the main point he is trying to make is that Smash is more than the typical fighting game, which it is. Smash is an amalgam; it has too many options to be put under one single restrictive label.

Kati

Smash Lord
I don't know why everybody feels the need to jump down his throat though. What he's saying isn't negative, and he isn't taking a side in this silly argument. I believe the main point he is trying to make is that Smash is more than the typical fighting game, which it is. Smash is an amalgam; it has too many options to be put under one single restrictive label.
I get that, but most if not all the objectives in smash are met by clobbering people.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wouldn't call Brawl a bad game. It just wasn't as good as Melee. In terms of all games in general, its pretty solid. And hey, its liked by a lot of people, which is generally the difference between a good and bad game.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Brawl is a flawed game, but serviceable for what it was trying to be. It could have been much, much better, though - PM proves that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wouldn't call Brawl a bad game. It just wasn't as good as Melee. In terms of all games in general, its pretty solid. And hey, its liked by a lot of people, which is generally the difference between a good and bad game.
Justin Bieber tho :urg:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brawl with a few tweaks and the really "obvious and I don't know who or how this game was play tested" derp bugs taken out would have been a fantastic game. It felt like a decent game for the first few years of the meta, least I can hold onto those days.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I still don't really understand Sakurai or his company. The way he talks about smash in interviews almost makes it seem like he either isn't interested in, or allowed to make the game he actually wants to. He always brings in talk about target audiences and how important it is to make the game the way they want or expect it to be and very rarely talks about how much he is enjoying creating it, or what direction he wants to go with the game. He just doesn't sound like he's making decisions based on what he wants smash to be anymore, and thats kinda discouraging lol. Maybe it is just bad translation or my imagination getting the best of me, but he seems way less excited about this iteration of smash than any other game he has been interviewed about or presented...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've never understood why anyone cares whether Smash is labeled as a "fighting game" or not. Melee and Project M (the other Smash games are debatable, but I think everyone can at least agree on these) are excellent competitive tournament games, regardless of what genre you want to try to squeeze them into. Personally I've always called Smash a "competitive platformer" rather than a fighting game. Smash reminds me more of this than this.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know without brawl we wouldn't have Project M.
If Brawl had been done right, we wouldn't need Project:M in the first place. lol

I still don't really understand Sakurai or his company. The way he talks about smash in interviews almost makes it seem like he either isn't interested in, or allowed to make the game he actually wants to. He always brings in talk about target audiences and how important it is to make the game the way they want or expect it to be and very rarely talks about how much he is enjoying creating it, or what direction he wants to go with the game. He just doesn't sound like he's making decisions based on what he wants smash to be anymore, and thats kinda discouraging lol. Maybe it is just bad translation or my imagination getting the best of me, but he seems way less excited about this iteration of smash than any other game he has been interviewed about or presented...
Of course that's the case, Garet. The last time Sakurai made Smash to be the game he wanted to make and play, we got Brawl.

He was then greeted by the most surprising thing, lots of people were pissed and suddenly hated his guts. lol

So he's trying to not let that happen again, even if it means making something he himself doesn't fully want. Besides, I distinctly remember that about a year or two ago, Sakurai mentioned that he honestly had no intention or desire for making a Smash 4 initially and was surprised that so many people wanted it. (lolidiot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom