• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
only a .1 difference in things after 7 months?

this really better impress me

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
It could be described (it probably isn't but ROLL WITH ME HERE) that 2.5 was 2.5 because it added 4 characters, to add .4 more to it.

There's only two characters that isn't in for reasons other than current technical problems. Also for the convenience of this complete likely false freakout, yoshi is bad and doesn't count, so ergo there's only ONE character that isn't in for reasons other than tech problems.

#YEAROFTHEMETAKNIGHT

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Samus had a LOT of problems in the PM engine. But she is by far the most wanted character not in the game yet. Here's to hoping.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Props to Warchamp for the site, it looks really nice.

Now I wonder what kind of update this version will bring, surely it'll be awesome.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What if

They removed Sonic

And added Samus

Good patch, or Best patch?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How come there was no official announcement thread about 2.6 on this forum? I only read about it in some of the other threads.

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
So this is Demo 2.6 and not 3.0?

Does this mean this will be a smaller patch than 2.5 was to 2.1, which added 4 characters?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So this is Demo 2.6 and not 3.0?

Does this mean this will be a smaller patch than 2.5 was to 2.1, which added 4 characters?
It means that demo 3.0 is gonna be HUGE whenever it does come out in a couple years. Or maybe the one after 2.x will be the final version (or first "full" version).

Either way, the fact that a 7 month update is only a .1 increase should say a lot about the scope of the overall project.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How come there was no official announcement thread about 2.6 on this forum? I only read about it in some of the other threads.
I made one a bit ago, sorry about that. It's been quite some time since we've announced something, excuse the rust. Hoping to shake that off in the next couple weeks :3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I devote my life to Chicken Fried Steak and Cannedbread avatars

Sometimes all you need in life is the perfect Gravy

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It means that demo 3.0 is gonna be HUGE whenever it does come out in a couple years.

whenever it does come out in a couple years.

come out in a couple years.

couple years.

Jokes aside, as much as I love P:M, I don't see myself being able to wait two more years for 3.0 or the last version with Smash 4 right around the corner. It'd have to turn out REAL bad for that to happen. Then again, Melee is still pretty fun for me, even now, so the same would apply to P:M. I just won't have any friends to play it with since they'll be bedazzled by Smash 4...Unless I force them into choosing between P:M and Mario Party. ¦D

But in all seriousness, do you really think it'll take another 2 years just for the next demo or full release? o_o

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Two years before 3.0? Of course not.

2.6 is going to be focused more on our devoted fans who play the game regularly and attend smashfests and tournaments.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Something about tournaments blah blah blah fans etc

All that matters is SSS

Squirtle

Samus

And ****ing Sonic

New patch notes: Sonic no longer has any shoes on and technically resembles a gerbil more than a hedgehog. Consequently, his moves now incorporate a bunch of cuter, fuzzier cuddliness. B moves Banned

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'll be very impressed if Squirtle gets a fair treatment of bufftweaks without becoming super obnoxious. Tiny and vapidly in your face with any form of polarising aspect on top of it (armor, complete non dedication, pikmin) makes for a character of extremes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Give him a respectable ground game or kill options. That's all, unless you want to actively sway him away from "Annoying Gnat like thingy that sometimes tries to have fun but usually doesn't because Melee".

Heck, make him a worse character but buff Sunglasses duration and I'm sold. Roll tier can have a new character join, long as I get the smoothest Water Squirrel Turtle on the planet.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Dacvac is the greatest hypeman of all time.

"The scope of Project M is BIGGER THAN YOUR WILDEST EXPECTATIONS!"

*releases incremental balance patch*

cmart

Smash Lord
Dacvac is the greatest hypeman of all time.

"The scope of Project M is BIGGER THAN YOUR WILDEST EXPECTATIONS!"

*releases incremental balance patch*
Dacvac was referring to 3.0 actually, which is still in the pipeline. 2.6 is something we're pushing out in the meantime, for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom