• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Dacvac was referring to 3.0 actually, which is still in the pipeline. 2.6 is something we're pushing out in the meantime, for you guys.

Hearing that it's being pushed out of a pipeline is not the most endearing turn of phrase I've ever heard, as much as I am excited for the newest iteration.

"I-It's not like I'm p-pushing this out for your sake... j-jeez!" "You better appreciate this you ungrateful fans, hmpf!" - PMBR 2013

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Dacvac was referring to 3.0 actually, which is still in the pipeline. 2.6 is something we're pushing out in the meantime, for you guys.
It was a joke but there's an element of truth as well. Dacvac knows what he's doing because I'm more hyped than ever, and I don't mind waiting at all. If Project M were discontinued today, I would still be more than satisfied by the public release. You guys have done an amazing job, and for free, so I'm nothing short of grateful to the PMBR for making this amazing game.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hearing that it's being pushed out of a pipeline is not the most endearing turn of phrase I've ever heard, as much as I am excited for the newest iteration.

"I-It's not like I'm p-pushing this out for your sake... j-jeez!" "You better appreciate this you ungrateful fans, hmpf!" - PMBR 2013

the pmbr is so cute when they get flustered

dodgepong

Smash Rookie
All I know is that I got all excited an told my friends that I play with that the next version of P:M is gonna be big and huge and awesome, and it's actually going to be the next next version. Oh well...there will be some people who thought 2.6 was supposed to be the big release and will be disappointed. But I have faith that when everyone does really see 3.0 it will blow everyone's wristbands off.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
It's a balance patch, not a demo release. Stop being a pack of hungry nerdlings and get a grip, children.

MVP

Smash Ace
Two years before 3.0? Of course not.

2.6 is going to be focused more on our devoted fans who play the game regularly and attend smashfests and tournaments.
hopefully this means what i hope....

Vashimus

Smash Master
PMBR Board Room, by Vashimus

Episode 1: 2.6?!

Shanus: So guys, how's the progress been with the metagame?

Strong Bad: Well, people are really starting to hate Sonic now, stating he's broken, and want some changes FAST.

Shanus: Hmm...this is really starting to get annoying. How can we make Sonic ...Sonic, and have him not be silly?

Reflex: People are also wanting some Squirtle buffs. Folks saying he's one of the worst right now.

Cmart: I tried my best with him guys. Jeez.

JCaes: No one's blaming you, Cmart. Squirtle's design could just use some tweaking. Any other news? How're the remaining characters coming along?

Yoshi designer: He's, uh...still gonna need some help.

Olimar designer: ........ Don't ****ing look at me like that.

ICs designer: Nana's glitching out like crazy, yo!

Fly Amanita: *nods* No where near finished...

Meta Knight designer: .......Yeah hell no.

Samus designer: Was a pain in the ass, but I've finally got somewhat of a semblance of Melee Samus.

Shanus: Really? Hmm....will people get another version just for Samus?

Shadic: You'd be surprised how many speculation threads I have to close having people asking about her.

Shanus: Hmm....Gentlemen. How does...Demo 2.6 sound?

*everyone in the board room gasps*

Magus: Um.... say what?

Dantarion: You heard the man.

Dacvac: HOLY ****!!! I gotta hype up the public for this! *runs out the room*

Jolteon: But....why? What could we give--

Shanus: People want change. Give the fans what they want, they'll be happy and love us. Simple, no?

*everyone starts chatting amongst themselves*

Dazee: *walks in* Oh ****, am I late?

Shadic: Just have a seat, Dazee.

Dantarion: Look, it's just to hold these fans off till 3.0...

Shanus: So it's settled. PM 2.6 is launching around the end of July.

Magus: B-but that only gives us a month! How're we--

Shanus: Warchamp is working on the new site redesign now. The rest of you, GET TO WORK. And remember, answer fan questions happily, and say we've been working deligiently on 3.0 if asked. That is all. MEETING ADJOURNED. *leaves*

*rest of the board room is dumbfounded and in shock*

Strong Bad: ......WHAT THE **** DO WE DO NOW?

cmart

Smash Lord
If you're going to write me into a fictional account of a hypothetical scenario, remember not to capitalize it. Jeez~

cmart

Smash Lord
Replace all instances of Shanus with Jiang and it's a little closer to reality.

Not that it's anything but a fictional account of a hypothetical meeting.

Stop staring at me.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I hate to interrupt your thread thing but MY FAVORITE CONTROLLER'S C-STICK IS COMPLETELY DEAD. It stopped performing Dairs in the end of a match and then after it was over I practied some aerials that went down hill in a matter of seconds to stop functioning all together

I remember a video on Youtube of a guy soldering a whole different Control stick box over his controller, I might do the same. Should I just buy a Control stick box part and use that?

EDIT: I plugged it back in a few times more times after the first time didn't do anything, now it works. That seems fantastic but I'm thinking it'll go bad again any day. I have one other controller who's C-stick is permanently messed up and came and went a few times: but it functions fine on Dolphin when you "configure" or whatever it so that it fixes it's brokeness (I use this controller for Dolphin playing). I wish Brawl had that
feature.

If this thing does turn out to completely die and no replugging in fixes it: I'll have to find someone who solders in north chicago or I'll send it to them through mail or something.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
So I just watched my first star wars movie. Not as good as the first Matrix, so well see how the rest of the franchise goes.

In regards to project m, I need a good nickname for rob.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The first Matrix was a surprisingly not terrible movie concerning the ridiculous number of asspulls and meaningless symbolism the sequels were composed of.

RobblesThePhalanx
I don't remember much about movies after years ago: why were the second and third so bad? What kind of meaningless symbolism?

Also a funny thing about my controller, when it was starting to mess up and not perform my dairs, I was Falco vs a Marth on Wifi: and I kept dodging his grab with jumps but I was trying to dair each time lol. [The controller seriously had problems though, it wasn't the Wifi]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVysEVnwWsE

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The way they're written feels more like a bad Matrix fanfic than a rightful sequel, lots of cheesy action scenes and religious symbolism that almost makes Evangelion jealous.

Basically what made the first a decent movie was that it had a clear Hero's Journey story arc, along with a more relatable antagonist in that **** that tries to sell out to Smith. What made the sequels so bad was their complete lack of a significant plot arc and turning the series into a pure action flick.

Oh, and of course killing off Link and having completely irrelevant characters in the limelight for a good half of the third movie.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
If it makes you feel any better, Mad, my controller has recently started to screw up. So close to Evo too, RIP. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom