• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I recall him saying something along those lines, or at least being interpreted like that. As far as Brawl being his brainchild goes, I seem to remember him having alot of pressure put on him by parent companies to make the game more accessible. Iirc most of the hype came from the dojo, not from Sakurai, though he still seemed more animated and passionate about the project. As far as praise goes, that man said alot of great things about melee during development and for quite a few years after its' release, until Brawl, where he developed a completely different mentality overnight. Lol like I said I just don't understand him at all.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Kinda a change in subject but I didn't want to create a thread for it. What are the rules concerning switching characters, like in a tourney.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Unless the tournament is character locked (None I've heard of have been), character picks for game one of every set are double blind on request, and after each match the winner picks their character and then the loser is allowed to counterpick a character afterward.

Of course that's the case, Garet. The last time Sakurai made Smash to be the game he wanted to make and play, we got Brawl.

He was then greeted by the most surprising thing, lots of people were pissed and suddenly hated his guts. lol

Consistently throughout Brawl's development and afterward Sakurai has said Melee is his favourite creation, albeit it was a taxing child to create, working weeks without sleep. In fact, his comments on Melee before Brawl was released, as well as the mechanics shown in the beta of the game were very much the reasons why people had such high expectations of the game. The design of Brawl is intentional, but not reflective of what a game developer should be doing. The fact that he maintains the extremely misinformed notion that casual players even notice a difference in the games' playability goes to show how nearsighted his viewpoint really is. You know just as well as I do that the most difference casual players notice between the games is that Brawl has Ike and he's cool, while Melee has Mewtwo and he's cool.

Oh, and of course the very vocal minority of casual players that stumble upon the game's depth and are offput by high level players and the mere existence of wavedashing "ruining" the game.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's about ****ing time that my post will show up. This site is super unstable since the design change. All I wanted to do was respond to this post:

Brawl with a few tweaks and the really "obvious and I don't know who or how this game was play tested" derp bugs taken out
This sounds exactly like Smash 4.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Oh God, I need to teach my friends how play Melee. It's been to long since my last tourney(I placed second, not bad for a reconverted Melee guy....). Oh yeah I almost forgot, do you guys think there's a possibility for a certain missile guarding, grapple extending Melee Vet. to return anytime soon?

MaxThunder

PM Support
bumperball was fun in brawl, brawl + and is insanely more fun in P:M=P...
bumpers and footballs only on high=P...

too bad nobody wants to play it with me anymore<.<...

was fooling around with some people during friendlies at a tourney and talked them into playing a 4 player ffa bumperball match... i got 8 kills and didn't die=P...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why can G^W cancel dash attack into grab LOL it's so janky.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Boost grabbing is something other characters can do too, it's just that G&W's hitbox for dash attack comes out along with the grab IIRC. G&W's dash attack coming out on frame 3 might have something to do with it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Boost grabbing is something other characters can do too, it's just that G&W's hitbox for dash attack comes out along with the grab IIRC. G&W's dash attack coming out on frame 3 might have something to do with it.
That's that useful for Melee Sheik thing right? And Ike can only do it when he pivots it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T448wVBfnG0

Also, can Falco still use that Brawl thing where he needs to hit with dash attack but then he can cancel it into an Up-smash? Can anyone else do that?

metroid1117

Smash Master
That's that useful for Melee Sheik thing right? And Ike can only do it when he pivots it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T448wVBfnG0

Also, can Falco still use that Brawl thing where he needs to hit with dash attack but then he can cancel it into an Up-smash? Can anyone else do that?
Yeah, Ike gets significant distance when he boost grabs a pivot grab, but I'm not very good at it. And yup, Falco and other characters can still gatling combo, as shown by Reflex in this video.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's like boost grabbing, except G^W gets to actually hit with his DA hitbox. So you can DA someone's shield and insta grab out of it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
GnW needs more rewards and frame advantage on hitting your shield.

It's not like his DA allows to to bloop on your sheild with +1 gazillion frames of advantage, wavedash out of it, jump cancel it to do other **** and then grab after it. All he can do is try to keep it safe by DACUSing it or go for the DACG. :x

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Knowing his luck, that would be easily CC'd and would happen to be negative "Infinity and beyond" on shield.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
GNW's gatling combo can be used as a kill combo, if you hit the dash attack at the right spot

also, when the **** is posting going to get fixed

Yung Mei

yeah, i tested that myself, most you can do out of that to actually get a rest is a techchase (if they hit the ground), or utilt rest if they dont react fast enough

and ive had it for a while, just cant play it because i dont have a controller

Yung Mei

no, but i do have a ps3 controller

no, i wont install motioninjoy or w/e the **** it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom